Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  
Moderators: the bear, kaqphin, tinkerbeth, D001, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 82

2014-04-25 8:13 AM
in reply to: ironannekidd

User image

Champion
Somewhere I can be nekidd
Subject: RE: Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour.

Even without the last assignment being graded I have enough points for an A in my class this semester. BAM!

2014-04-25 8:34 AM

User image

Champion

BAM! Page 69 TopPage!!!

2014-04-25 12:23 PM

User image

MotoQueen

Originally posted by ironannekidd

Even without the last assignment being graded I have enough points for an A in my class this semester. BAM!

Awesome!  Way to go Ann.

2014-04-28 5:49 AM
in reply to: kns57

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

2014-04-28 6:11 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by ironannekidd

Good morning Ghoulies!

Morning

2014-04-28 6:12 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies!

Did everyone have a great weekend?

We went and picked strawberries on Sat morning, so I've been eating strawberries ever since.  Yum.

Edited by kns57 2014-04-28 6:12 AM

2014-04-28 6:12 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Great weekend of sports for your young uns, Ann!

2014-04-28 6:14 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I worked in the yard all weekend. I got lots done, but not nearly enough. That damn tree put me a solid month behind and I was already behind! Jim spent the weekend going to a Bluegrass festival with his friends. He always has a great time. I like the music, just not enough to spend a whole weekend in the prime early gardening time of year.

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by kns57

Good morning Ghoulies!

We went and picked strawberries on Sat morning, so I've been eating strawberries ever since.  Yum.

I LOVE strawberries!

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

Strawberries! We won't have ripe ones here for a few more months. Keri and Donnie eat them like they're going out of style.

2014-04-28 6:18 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I had accupuncture on my foot to help break up the scar tissue. I was skeptical. I am a believer now. She hooked up a small electric charge to the needles to cause the tissue to start to break down. I was on  my foot all of yesterday, I was going to stop at the first big pain in my foot. It never came. I am still being careful (I only walked, no digging with a shovel or running type thing yet). The difference is amazing. I have a couple more treatments and I am hopeful that it will resolve this issue. The bone is still tender, but that is expected for a little bit yet and I can deal with that and get on with life (per docs orders). It can't happen soon enough.

2014-04-28 6:26 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by ceilidh

Great weekend of sports for your young uns, Ann!

It was a great weekend, but it sure made for a busy one.

Keri and I were at the softball fields at 6:20 Saturday morning. I was signed up to help get the concession stand ready and open. Their first game was at 8:00. That game was against a team they scrimmaged a few weeks ago. We were down going into the last inning, but the girls pulled out the win. Keri was the catcher for all 4 games this weekend, and she took a beating. She threw runners out in all 4 games. Her team won that game 4-2.

I didn't see her second game, I had to go take Caleb to soccer. She got hit by a pitch in the calf. She got hit in the hand by a batter that didn't swing the bat until the ball was in Keri's glove. She did hit a triple in that game. They won 7-1.

Going into yesterday's games they were ranked #1 in the bracket. They played the first team they played on Saturday. Keri laid down a perfect bunt to get on base, stole second, stole third, but then the batter struck out and that was the inning. We were down again 3-1 going into the bottom of the last inning. With 1 out and bases loaded Keri hit the game winning triple!!! WOOHOO!!! She was almost crying after the game she was so happy.

The championship game was rough, the other team had already played in 3 tournaments this season, and they could hit. We lost, but I don't care, and neither did Keri. She did get hit in the arm by a foul off the batter. She's got a lump, and a bruise, on her calf, and her arm. We have 2 tournaments coming up in May.

This was Caleb's first soccer games of the season, the others have been rained out. He played goalie most of the 2 games. We won the first game something like 8-0, the second 5-0. I think in the first game the other team only had 3 shots on goal. He did make a nice diving save for one of them. The second game he had 5 saves before they pulled him and put in the other goalie. Caleb got to play defense then, which he likes, he had some nice plays. His footwork has really improved over the winter. He doesn't have a regular game next weekend, they're inviting all the teams in the league to our field and they're going to try and have the largest pickup soccer game in I'm not sure what, the state, the east coast, the country, I don't know.

So other than sports, there was lots of driving, and then doing nothing this weekend.

2014-04-28 7:25 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Ann - that was one sports packed weekend.  Glad that both of the kiddos had good games.  I'm thinking Keri takes after you when it comes to getting hurt.  

Robin - sorry about the tree putting you behind on the yard work.  I can barely deal with my yard, and your's is many many times larger.  Did you ever find the missing boxwoods?

We ran errands after picking the strawberries on Saturday.  We took a bucket of strawberries over to my friends house.  Jack is terminal with cancer.  We are just waiting for him to let go and move on.  It is so hard seeing him.  Regina his wife was out with her sister-in-law.  I'm glad that they have been able to get her out of the house occasionally.  He was diagnosed in December and we knew then it was terminal.  They had hoped to be able to give him some time with the treatment, but the treatments were killing him faster than the cancer, so they stopped.  We have been all taking time to spend with him during his last few months, but it sure gets harder and harder.  I'm not complaining, cause I am thankful that it is not my family, but looking what it is doing to my friends is so hard.  I have great memories with Jack.  He is afraid of swimming, well he can't swim, and when we went to Mexico many years back, we all went into an underground river and I was his lifeguard.  We had him in a life vest, and he did not get more than an arms length from me.  I had told him that I had been a lifeguard and would not let anything happen to him.  We were all so proud of him for getting in and experiencing it.

Anyway, Sunday played tennis and took a short bicycle ride.  It was Franks first time out on the road bike since the surgery.  He did well.  I'm the one who punked out.  My arms were worn out from two hours of tennis.  Kind of funny that it was my arms that made me stop riding and not the legs.  

2014-04-28 8:36 AM

User image

Champion

Ann - that was one sports packed weekend.  Glad that both of the kiddos had good games.  I'm thinking Keri takes after you when it comes to getting hurt.  

Robin - sorry about the tree putting you behind on the yard work.  I can barely deal with my yard, and your's is many many times larger.  Did you ever find the missing boxwoods?

We ran errands after picking the strawberries on Saturday.  We took a bucket of strawberries over to my friends house.  Jack is terminal with cancer.  We are just waiting for him to let go and move on.  It is so hard seeing him.  Regina his wife was out with her sister-in-law.  I'm glad that they have been able to get her out of the house occasionally.  He was diagnosed in December and we knew then it was terminal.  They had hoped to be able to give him some time with the treatment, but the treatments were killing him faster than the cancer, so they stopped.  We have been all taking time to spend with him during his last few months, but it sure gets harder and harder.  I'm not complaining, cause I am thankful that it is not my family, but looking what it is doing to my friends is so hard.  I have great memories with Jack.  He is afraid of swimming, well he can't swim, and when we went to Mexico many years back, we all went into an underground river and I was his lifeguard.  We had him in a life vest, and he did not get more than an arms length from me.  I had told him that I had been a lifeguard and would not let anything happen to him.  We were all so proud of him for getting in and experiencing it.

Anyway, Sunday played tennis and took a short bicycle ride.  It was Franks first time out on the road bike since the surgery.  He did well.  I'm the one who punked out.  My arms were worn out from two hours of tennis.  Kind of funny that it was my arms that made me stop riding and not the legs.  

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Kendra.

Keri plays catcher, and it's a thankless position. She takes a beating, but she doesn't complain. I had a cooler with snacks along, so I grabbed an ice pack out of that for her arm. I usually have instant ice packs with me, too. She gets iced down a lot. She's good at it, she's very good. She'd like to play out in the field every now and then, but the coach kept her there all weekend. I hope she gets to play another position at the tournaments. I know in rec ball she will get some time in the infield.

2014-04-28 8:43 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

That is so very tough Kendra. It is nice that you have had such nice times with them. It also sounds like you are still being a life guard, for him and his wife!

Congrats on getting out on the bike. That must have made Frank feel better. Outside of you pain, it was nice of you to not allow Frank to overdo it (cause you KNOW he would have)

2014-04-28 12:19 PM

User image

Elite
washington state

Good Morning Ghoulies!  I have been reading the updates, just not getting on to reply much.  Sounds like busy times for all the Ghoulies.

Last week was jam packed at work for me which is good for budget but tiring.  About half of the people who were at the Easter get-together came down with a nasty cold.  DH came down with on Tuesday or Wednesday.  I finally got it on Friday afternoon.  At least I made it thru the work week.  I have slept and dosed all weekend.  I am good enough to work today and it is a light day, thankfully.

2014-04-28 12:21 PM

User image

Elite
washington state

That is so very tough Kendra. It is nice that you have had such nice times with them. It also sounds like you are still being a life guard, for him and his wife!

Congrats on getting out on the bike. That must have made Frank feel better. Outside of you pain, it was nice of you to not allow Frank to overdo it (cause you KNOW he would have)

Such tough times, but that is good that you are making the effort to spend time with them.  It makes such a difference.

2014-04-28 12:26 PM
in reply to: deehtz

User image

Elite
washington state

Ann, congrats on Acing your class!!

Yeah for such a good (but painful) weekend of games for Keri.  Have you tried arnica cream on all of her lumps and bruises?  I like Boiron brand called Arnicare.  Out here, you can buy it at most any pharmacy department.  It sure speeds up healing and provides pain relief.  Especially for any injury with excess fluid in the tissue.  It helps the fluid be reabsorbed faster.  So great for bruises, strains, etc.

2014-04-29 5:56 AM

User image

MotoQueen

Good morning Ghoulies.

My friend Jack passed last night.  He will be missed.

2014-04-29 5:58 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Morning Ghoulies

We had some pretty fantastic storms last night. Fortunatly the winds weren't as bad as when you all were here. The rain was fearsome. More to come to day, they say. I hope it will just be rain, but already there is flooding so there will be more of that. Looks like we will be celbrating Jim's birthday at home today. It was great lat night. The rain held off and it was a really nice evening at the fire pit. We stayed up later than normal

2014-04-29 6:00 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Good morning Ghoulies.

I am sorry Kendra. It is always tough, you want someone to be free of the pain, but you miss them so terribly. Sending you some hugs. there are many of them, feel free to share with Frank and Jack's family

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

2014-04-29 6:03 AM

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by deehtz

Yeah for such a good (but painful) weekend of games for Keri.  Have you tried arnica cream on all of her lumps and bruises?  I like Boiron brand called Arnicare.  Out here, you can buy it at most any pharmacy department.  It sure speeds up healing and provides pain relief.  Especially for any injury with excess fluid in the tissue.  It helps the fluid be reabsorbed faster.  So great for bruises, strains, etc.

Ann, I second the Arnica cream. It really, really does help bruises heal. Put some of that in your first aid kit. I use Arnicare all the time since I bruise so easily andI am a klutz. I notice a huge difference when I don't use in on the size of bruises and healing time.

2014-04-29 6:22 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies!

2014-04-29 6:23 AM

User image

Champion

Good morning Ghoulies.

Kendra, I am so sorry for your loss.

2014-04-29 6:24 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by deehtz

Ann, I second the Arnica cream. It really, really does help bruises heal. Put some of that in your first aid kit. I use Arnicare all the time since I bruise so easily andI am a klutz. I notice a huge difference when I don't use in on the size of bruises and healing time.

I'll have to check it out. I have a HUGE softball shaped bruise on the inside of my left knee that is very painful and could use some relief.

New Thread
Other Resources Challenge Me! » Ghoulies- World Dominion Tour. Rss Feed  

of 82

RELATED POSTS

Ghoulies vs BT World Halloween October Challenge Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 24080 Posts: 348

2013-11-05 12:52 PM wgraves7582

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #4 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 51275 Posts: 2002

2009-10-30 2:35 PM skrtrnr

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #3 Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 62647 Posts: 1994

2009-10-27 7:35 AM disturbed275

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Page #2 Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81

Started by wgraves7582
Views: 66028 Posts: 2010

2009-10-20 8:12 PM D001

Show us your Ghoulies - Halloween Run Challenge Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 80

Started by D001
Views: 76760 Posts: 1992

2009-10-07 5:56 PM disturbed275
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 3, 2005
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The day that I decided to participate in a triathlon really changed my view of my own obstacles of matching the mind to the body and the spirit to contribute to society.

date : December 14, 2004
comments : 0
Q&A with Siri Lagley, winner of the ITU President’s Cup racing series two years in a row and coach of Susan Williams, US Athens triathlete.
date : September 5, 2004
Her IM time of 13 hours and 44 minutes at the Great Floridan allowed her to compete for the USA Triathlon Team in Ibiza, Spain in 2003.

date : September 4, 2004
2003 Ultraman World Champion.
author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!

My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.
There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.

Don’t forget this is an incredibly big year for sport with the Olympics back in Athens where the modern Olympics started, and especially triathlon to make its second appearance.