Other Resources The Political Joe » What would you do? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2013-10-07 2:12 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: What would you do?

When you work undercover they ALL are......much ado about nothing.

2013-10-07 2:18 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Originally posted by Left Brain

IMO, they could have broke off and called for assistance! maybe they did, maybe they didn;'t but I think it is something

2013-10-07 2:19 PM

User image

Pro
Originally posted by jford2309

IMO, they could have broke off and called for assistance! maybe they did, maybe they didn;'t but I think it is something

It's good to have an opinion. Laughing

2013-10-07 2:21 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

that's true, but one does not always need to feel that their opinion always needs to be heard on everything.

2013-10-07 2:22 PM

User image

Pro

that's true, but one does not always need to feel that their opinion always needs to be heard on everything.

Well, I guess you did.

2013-10-07 2:26 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
as did you.

2013-10-07 2:33 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jford2309 as did you.

No, I made an observation based on having worked undercover for a DEA task force for 5 years.  It really doesn't have anything to do with any opinion I might have. 

2013-10-07 3:03 PM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs
Originally posted by mrbbrad

Damn. What a nightmare. 

What would I do? I really have no idea.

You would protect yourself and your family in the best way you could.  That's what everyone does. Some people fight back, some folks cover their head, some run away.  I think the guy in the video tried all of the above.....and was left with being attacked or ending the threat to him and his family.

I agree.....a nightmare.

Yes, I would. I would also give those guys plenty of room. May never get the full story, but it seems to me that something happened well before that video started. 

2013-10-07 3:10 PM

User image

Chicago, IL

No, I made an observation based on having worked undercover for a DEA task force for 5 years.  It really doesn't have anything to do with any opinion I might have. 

You know what I love about the anonymity of the internet?
You can make wild, unsubstantiated claims in a hollow attempt to support your condescending and intentionally inflammatory comments.

Bravo! Keep up the stellar work.Wink

2013-10-07 3:19 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Yeah, I saw that too.  I won't second guess him breaking his cover or not because I don't have all the info.  I will say that him waiting a few days to report that he was there raises an eyebrow or two though.

2013-10-07 3:23 PM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

User image

Pro
Originally posted by Brit Abroad

You can make wild, unsubstantiated claims in a hollow attempt to support your condescending and intentionally inflammatory comments.

Yeah, I guess I could do that too......but what would be the point? 

2013-10-07 3:31 PM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Oh yeah, I forgot we could do that...  
Well when I worked under cover as a Navy Seal assassinating Russian spies I never broke cover either.  This was in between my stint as a fighter pilot and exploring the back side of the moon on a secret mission none of you know about.

I will say that I've never met LB in person, but if I were to bet money I'd bet on his credentials being solid.

2013-10-07 3:31 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

LB, would you just stop trying to make friends and influence people? 

You are just so full of chit.  You know nothing about being a cop or working undercover and all of your comments were totally unprovoked. 

Maybe you should go to time out.

;)

2013-10-07 3:34 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Pro
Originally posted by tuwood

Well when I worked under cover as a Navy Seal assassinating Russian spies I never broke cover either.  This was in between my stint as a fighter pilot and exploring the back side of the moon on a secret mission none of you know about.

I will say that I've never met LB in person, but if I were to bet money I'd bet on his credentials being solid.

Dude......he's English, I'm Irish.....I didn't like the guy before he posted that.  Laughing

2013-10-07 3:36 PM
in reply to: switch

User image

Pro
Originally posted by switch

LB, would you just stop trying to make friends and influence people? 

You are just so full of chit.  You know nothing about being a cop or working undercover and all of your comments were totally unprovoked. 

Maybe you should go to time out.

Laughing  

2013-10-07 3:43 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Well, you've never met me either Tony (though sometime when I'm in Omaha we should have lunch or coffee or something), but I have met LB, many times, and he's the real deal.  Not only does he know his chit, he's an incredibly balanced being with excellent life perspective.  I feel very fortunate to count him as a friend.

2013-10-07 3:45 PM

User image

Pro

Well, you've never met me either Tony (though sometime when I'm in Omaha we should have lunch or coffee or something), but I have met LB, many times, and he's the real deal.  Not only does he know his chit, he's an incredibly balanced being with excellent life perspective.  I feel very fortunate to count him as a friend.

Should we go to time out together? Tongue out

2013-10-07 3:45 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Should we go to time out together? Tongue out

Well, we usually put ourselves there anyway...
2013-10-07 3:46 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Any time, but I don't think I can hold a candle to LB.  

2013-10-07 3:52 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

btw, this also tells me I need to get out more.  I pretty much took the year off from racing and haven't got to hang out with any BT peeps this year.  

2013-10-07 3:55 PM

User image

Pro

Dude....my life's not nearly as exciting as when I worked for MI6.   Wink   

2013-10-07 3:56 PM

User image

Regular
LHOTP

Any time, but I don't think I can hold a candle to LB.  :)

btw, this also tells me I need to get out more.  I pretty much took the year off from racing and haven't got to hang out with any BT peeps this year.  :(

Well, it would be hard for anyone to hold a candle to LB.  Really, he's remarkable, as is his family.

I'm in Omaha once a week, brotha.  We're getting coffee!

2013-10-07 4:13 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

It's taken me a while to warm up to LB, but I won't lie.  The man did come across as a troll to me at first.  I don't always agree with everything he says, but now I "get it" (I think...).

2013-10-07 4:19 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Regular
LHOTP
Originally posted by msteiner

It's taken me a while to warm up to LB, but I won't lie.  The man did come across as a troll to me at first.  I don't always agree with everything he says, but now I "get it" (I think...).

There isn't a person on the planet I could say I agree with 100% of the time (lol, I don't even always agree with myself).

He's the straightest shooter there is.  Sometimes people aren't comfortable with that.  I appreciate it.  I find I appreciate it most when I need it the most.  That's what good friends do :)

2013-10-07 4:22 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Pro
Originally posted by msteiner

No worries.....I originally thought you were a girl. Laughing

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » What would you do? Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 28, 2011
author : fivecents
comments : 5
What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.

date : December 24, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on indoor cycling drills such as one legged drills and power intervals. Also we discuss how many half Ironman races should be done before your first full Ironman.
date : October 7, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
I'm going to let you in on how to get faster by doing nothing. Well, not exactly nothing, but you won't have to raise your heart rate, put out 300 watts, or really even break a sweat.

date : August 17, 2007
author : scoli121
comments : 6
I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"