in reply to: TriAya

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: TAN 202: A bunch of rotTAN apples

Originally posted by TriAya

Originally posted by 1stTimeTri

One...uh, Two!

Hello, TAN!

I have a little TMI to post and apologize if some of it does not make sense since I'm on percocet and fighting to stay awake a little longer.

I've been home all week due to getting some minor surgery done.  I was suffering from a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid, but worse was the rather LARGE external thrombosed hemorrhoid, and I mean LARGE, like several centimeters (the Dr. said it was one of the largest she ever had to deal with).  I ran and completed the 50 mile Ultra with them, making the race a little more unbearable.  Then, the day after the race, had to ride across the state for over 3 hours in a minivan to my sister's wake, endure the time at the wake, then ride another 3 hours back home.
I finally stopped in to urgent care and they did a minor procedure on it which didn't last more than a couple of hours after the local wore off.

I went in yesterday to general surgery and had them removed.  Getting a local in the most sensitive area is not fun, either.  I praise women big time when they have to deal with shat like that.  Respect.

I bled a lot last night and never saw clots before like what I had - it looked like deep red-colored slime.  Yuck.  Within 2 hours, I had to change my dressings at least 3 times since it wouldn't coagulate.  I called the doctor to get reassurance to just apply direct pressure and try icing, too.  Pain  pain pain pain pain, but it's under control now.

I sure hope this heals quickly - this will be my second Halloween that I ever missed.

Gawd, percocet makes me feel "wonky".

Fishing wall whisked squirrel pumpkins. See Brad, it does "f" me up.

I love you big time {MELON PRESS} phor my phavorite slightly phlippy Phil

What is TMI? :P

Too Much Information.  I could've elaborated more about what I heard and felt during the procedure, but decided not to.  However, the Nurse Practitioner was a petite cutie.  She asked if I wanted her to leave before I had to drop trousers and slip the makeshift gown on - I told her that she's got the degree, is a professional, and has seen more than her share I bet, and then I proceeded to change.  No problem, especially when in pain.

2013-10-31 10:21 AM
in reply to: 1stTimeTri

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

One...uh, Two!

Hello, TAN!

I have a little TMI to post and apologize if some of it does not make sense since I'm on percocet and fighting to stay awake a little longer.

I've been home all week due to getting some minor surgery done.  I was suffering from a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid, but worse was the rather LARGE external thrombosed hemorrhoid, and I mean LARGE, like several centimeters (the Dr. said it was one of the largest she ever had to deal with).  I ran and completed the 50 mile Ultra with them, making the race a little more unbearable.  Then, the day after the race, had to ride across the state for over 3 hours in a minivan to my sister's wake, endure the time at the wake, then ride another 3 hours back home.
I finally stopped in to urgent care and they did a minor procedure on it which didn't last more than a couple of hours after the local wore off.

I went in yesterday to general surgery and had them removed.  Getting a local in the most sensitive area is not fun, either.  I praise women big time when they have to deal with shat like that.  Respect.

I bled a lot last night and never saw clots before like what I had - it looked like deep red-colored slime.  Yuck.  Within 2 hours, I had to change my dressings at least 3 times since it wouldn't coagulate.  I called the doctor to get reassurance to just apply direct pressure and try icing, too.  Pain  pain pain pain pain, but it's under control now.

I sure hope this heals quickly - this will be my second Halloween that I ever missed.

Too Much Information.  I could've elaborated more about what I heard and felt during the procedure, but decided not to.  However, the Nurse Practitioner was a petite cutie.  She asked if I wanted her to leave before I had to drop trousers and slip the makeshift gown on - I told her that she's got the degree, is a professional, and has seen more than her share I bet, and then I proceeded to change.  No problem, especially when in pain.

Did you fluff first?

2013-10-31 10:22 AM

User image

Melon Presser

One...uh, Two!

Hello, TAN!

Yes, I know as in, what could possibly be TMI (to me)?

Kind of like asking, "Do these match?"

2013-10-31 10:27 AM
in reply to: mrbbrad

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Originally posted by mrbbrad

One...uh, Two!

Hello, TAN!

Did you fluff first?

In pain.  Couldn't do that even if I tried.

I bet she was impressed, though, that I was manscaped.

We talked about my race a little and she told me that she had a lady friend that did a century Ultra.  *I just KNOW that someone will fix these*

2013-10-31 10:31 AM

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

One...uh, Two!

Hello, TAN!

Yes, I know as in, what could possibly be TMI (to me)?

Kind of like asking, "Do these match?"

Game...set...match.

Matches start forest fires.

Whaaaaat???

2013-10-31 10:33 AM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Originally posted by TriAya "Do these match?"

I always find that one is bigger than the other.

2013-10-31 10:36 AM
in reply to: 0

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Yours, or hers?

*trying to fight sleep. Percocet strong*

Edited by 1stTimeTri 2013-10-31 10:37 AM
2013-10-31 10:40 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Yours, or hers?

just give in.  rest is crucial to recovery.

2013-10-31 10:42 AM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Yours, or hers?

yes

2013-10-31 10:46 AM
in reply to: mehaner

Iron Donkey
, Wisconsin

Originally posted by mehaner

Yours, or hers?

Okay, then, Lady Swole, I willlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll *head passed out on last key hit*

2013-10-31 10:57 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Gross FILLLL! I think we should all make it a priority to post in TAN whilst drug induced. But sorry you are, that's no fun.

2013-10-31 11:39 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

Originally posted by lisac957

Gross FILLLL! I think we should all make it a priority to post in TAN whilst drug induced. But sorry you are, that's no fun.

Well, the reason he is drug induced may not be fun but a legit narcotic buzz every now and then is not the worst thing in the world.

2013-10-31 11:48 AM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Phil: You know it's rude not to share. I'm bored huffing spray paint.
2013-10-31 11:50 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Yours, or hers?

Okay, then, Lady Swole, I willlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll *head passed out on last key hit*

Woot - now that Phil's in a drug induced sleep... who's got the jiffy markers???  

(really though, get loads of rest, Phil and heal up fast!!

2013-10-31 11:52 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Yours, or hers?

Woot - now that Phil's in a drug induced sleep... who's got the jiffy markers???  

is a jiffy marker a canadian thing???  i've never heard that expression before.

2013-10-31 11:55 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Yours, or hers?

is a jiffy marker a canadian thing???  i've never heard that expression before.

Really?  I thought they were a fairly well-known brand, but maybe only in Canadia?  Think Sharpie pens of various colours - and then how they would be applied to a person who is passed out...   Muuwahahahaha! 

2013-10-31 11:56 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Is that like a Sharpie or a Marks-A-Lot? 
I do like the term "jiffy" though... must incorporate today.

2013-10-31 12:25 PM

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

In Canada they are Marks-A-Lout

2013-10-31 1:56 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

In Canada they are Marks-A-Lout

We have way of making you pronounce the letter 'O'!

2013-10-31 3:24 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

bewbs, butts, bajangoes, and bandits

2013-10-31 3:26 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

bewbs, butts, bajangoes, and bandits

OLD SKOOL TANNING, YO

2013-10-31 3:34 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I got a chef salad and added my own salmon fillet to it.  DELICIOUS!  Net carbs?  10g.  Tons of protein.  Happy tummy.

2013-10-31 3:36 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by Kido

I got a chef salad and added my own salmon fillet to it.  DELICIOUS!  Net carbs?  10g.  Tons of protein.  Happy tummy.

That sounds awesome!

I broke and had some M&Ms today. There's a huge ziplock bag full of them leftover from our board meeting. There is also a ridiculous amount of cookies, muffins, goldfish, corn bread, cinni-rolls, etc. Good thing I can't eat any of that stuff. But M&Ms make me weak. 

2013-10-31 3:37 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Just pulled 6 lbs of cured pork belly out of the 2 week brining. Ready for the hickory smoker tomorrow to make it full out bacon. I have a feeling the chipotle spiced one will be wicked.

Edited by pitt83 2013-10-31 3:38 PM
2013-10-31 3:53 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Kido

That sounds awesome!

I broke and had some M&Ms today. There's a huge ziplock bag full of them leftover from our board meeting. There is also a ridiculous amount of cookies, muffins, goldfish, corn bread, cinni-rolls, etc. Good thing I can't eat any of that stuff. But M&Ms make me weak. 

That salad really does sound delish!  

I left the apartment to find that a friend of ours who lives a couple of floors down had left 2 cupcakes at our door!  I didn't even THINK about waiting I gobbled mine and then after much introspection as to how much trouble I'd get into... I left Tony's in the fridge.  It was a tough call of what would be the right thing to do in that situation... 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN 202: A bunch of rotTAN apples Rss Feed  

of 80

RELATED POSTS

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4768 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa

TAN #53 World Champion TAN Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85

Started by TriToy
Views: 28578 Posts: 2116

2008-10-15 3:50 PM lisac957

TAN #51: TAN and Deliver Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85

Started by JChristoff
Views: 22452 Posts: 2119

2008-10-10 2:03 PM 1stTimeTri

TAN #29 The case of the disappearing TAN Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88

Started by TriToy
Views: 33635 Posts: 2190

2008-06-19 7:13 PM Aikidoman

Tan (not TAN) lines Pages: 1 2

Started by JoshKaptur
Views: 2564 Posts: 29

2007-05-31 11:06 PM jknapman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.