Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 80

2013-12-23 10:35 AM
in reply to: KSH

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA
Subject: RE: TAN 202: A bunch of rotTAN apples

Holding down the fort at my office as well. We didn't get our release out last week so it's going to go out this morning. If anything hits the fan I get to debug and fix it which should be fun considering the project owners are out on vacation. Ah the joys of fixing other people's bugs... Once the the release is out and calm the rest of my work week should be nice and quiet with half the office on vacation, might even get a chance to work on a side project.

2013-12-23 10:40 AM
in reply to: Leegoocrap

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by Leegoocrap

Originally posted by mr2tony

At least I'm not in the office -- sitting at a starbucks in vancouver is pretty cool.

Roughing it...

OH NO MY COFFEE ISNT PIPING HOT!!!

2013-12-23 10:44 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Regular
Madrid
Originally posted by lisac957

Originally posted by gr33n Here its work today, half day tomorrow, half day Thrusday. Hardly anything to do either. The worst part is I'm stuck with this bronchial cough that I can't shake going on a week now. I spoke with the doctor over the weekend and he tells me yeah sometimes these things can linger for 2-3 weeks. Blah.

I had that for 11 days. Yesterday was the first day I didn't take any medicine. It SUCKS. My doc wouldn't give me anything either, no codeine, nothing. 
My doc said Nyquil/Dayquil and Mucinex were best bets, but not Delsym - for what I had.

Get better!

Same here. He said nope nothing you can take just have to let it run its course. I'm like, great, thanks.
2013-12-23 10:59 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by Kido

Should I get the bosses a Christmas gift?  I can't decide...

all ettiquette/manners guides say that you should NOT buy your boss a gift, but it's ok for the boss to buy for employees and coworkers to buy for each other.

you are off the hook.

2013-12-23 11:00 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by gr33n

Originally posted by gr33n Here its work today, half day tomorrow, half day Thrusday. Hardly anything to do either. The worst part is I'm stuck with this bronchial cough that I can't shake going on a week now. I spoke with the doctor over the weekend and he tells me yeah sometimes these things can linger for 2-3 weeks. Blah.

I had that for 11 days. Yesterday was the first day I didn't take any medicine. It SUCKS. My doc wouldn't give me anything either, no codeine, nothing. 
My doc said Nyquil/Dayquil and Mucinex were best bets, but not Delsym - for what I had.

Get better!

Same here. He said nope nothing you can take just have to let it run its course. I'm like, great, thanks.

Mucinex D with like 1,000mg of guif- guifas- guifan --- whatever that stuff is called. It's the bom-diggity.
2013-12-23 11:18 AM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by mr2tony
Originally posted by Leegoocrap
Originally posted by mr2tony At least I'm not in the office -- sitting at a starbucks in vancouver is pretty cool.
Roughing it...
OH NO MY COFFEE ISNT PIPING HOT!!!

I noticed in my time away that places OTHER than the US serve food and coffee SCALDING hot.  Which I like.  I burned the crap out of my mouth and throat in Caicolata, which is basically chocolate flavored hot lava in a cup (or just a melted Hershey bar). 

All the lawsuits contribute to the wussyfication of the US.  Warm coffee, warm take out pizza...  Etc. 

2013-12-23 11:37 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by mehaner

all ettiquette/manners guides say that you should NOT buy your boss a gift, but it's ok for the boss to buy for employees and coworkers to buy for each other.

you are off the hook.

All I did was send a generic Christmas card, not the ones my wife made up with the pictures of my family on it, but a cheapy one, so to speak...

2013-12-23 11:44 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by jford2309

you are off the hook.

All I did was send a generic Christmas card, not the ones my wife made up with the pictures of my family on it, but a cheapy one, so to speak...

Speaking of cards...  My recent tirade (sort of a continuation of my rants about parents who no longer post anything about themselves on facebook or use their kid's pic as THEIR profile pic).  Oh, I didn't know I was "friends" with a 1yr old - and I would LOVE to read up on all the daily accomplishments and goings on of a 1yr old.  UNFRIEND

I have gotten 3-4 Christmas cards with just a baby pic on it or a couple kids.  I'm like "Who the ef are these kids and why are they sending us a Holiday card?"...  If you want to send a card with pics, at least show the whole family please.

I'm giving everyone permission now that if I turn into one of THOSE parents that can't stop talking incessantly about their kids?  Chastise me with due prejudice. 

Edited by Kido 2013-12-23 11:45 AM
2013-12-23 11:47 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

you are off the hook.

Speaking of cards...  My recent tirade (sort of a continuation of my rants about parents who no longer post anything about themselves on facebook or use their kid's pic as THEIR profile pic).  Oh, I didn't know I was "friends" with a 1yr old - and I would LOVE to read up on all the daily accomplishments and goings on of a 1yr old.  UNFRIEND

I have gotten 3-4 Christmas cards with just a baby pic on it or a couple kids.  I'm like "Who the ef are these kids and why are they sending us a Holiday card?"...  If you want to send a card with pics, at least show the whole family please.

I'm giving everyone permission now that if I turn into one of THOSE parents that can't stop talking incessantly about their kids?  Chastise me with due prejudice. 

Can't you be grateful that someone thought enough of you of you to even send you a card for Christmas instead of griping about it, so to speak???

Edited by jford2309 2013-12-23 12:06 PM
2013-12-23 11:55 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Kido are you wearing your grinch hat today?

One year I sent out a holiday card with just my dog in Santa Paws' lap at PetSmart (but everything PetSmart was photoshopped out... it was really a lovely picture)... I wonder how many people rolled their eyes at that, ha!

2013-12-23 12:08 PM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Well you have to realize that when some people have kids, their kids are their ENTIRE WORLD. Seriously, they have nothing else going on but their kids. That's it. ALL KIDS ALL THE TIME. Ha! 

Personally, I would rather someone be super focused on their kids versus not wanting them around. Some people really get into being a parent, and that's cool. They should hopefully raise great, well adjusted kids who contribute to society. 

Kids aren't my world and never will be since I made the choice to not have children, but to each their own!  

2013-12-23 12:11 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Sensei
Sin City

you are off the hook.

Can't you be grateful that someone thought enough of you of you to even send you a card for Christmas instead of griping about it, so to speak???

apparently not

2013-12-23 1:10 PM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

you are off the hook.

You don't have kids so this post/your opinion is invalid.

2013-12-23 1:15 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Veteran
Norcal
Drive by to say enjoy Christmas everyone! Hope you're all doing well.
2013-12-23 2:15 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
I have been on the throne every few hours since Saturday. Immodium barely touches this. Of course; you can't trust a fart.

SO tired of pooping 6-7 times a day...

Edited by pitt83 2013-12-23 2:16 PM
2013-12-23 2:32 PM
in reply to: bradleyd3

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by bradleyd3

you are off the hook.

You don't have kids so this post/your opinion is invalid.

YOu don't have kids either. I mean, your wife does, as does some random dude, but since you don't, your opinion is invalid.

2013-12-23 3:09 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

One year I sent out a holiday card with just my dog in Santa Paws' lap at PetSmart (but everything PetSmart was photoshopped out... it was really a lovely picture)... I wonder how many people rolled their eyes at that, ha!

i look forward to my annual doggie cards far more than annual kid cards.  and i totally open cards i know are picture cards before boring ones.  shadow and kinsey should totally get their christmas card on next year, i am just too lazy to send them.

2013-12-23 6:39 PM

User image

Pro

i look forward to my annual doggie cards far more than annual kid cards.  and i totally open cards i know are picture cards before boring ones.  shadow and kinsey should totally get their christmas card on next year, i am just too lazy to send them.

Someone sent my parent's the UGLIEST dog photo card - and they have kids, too!

So, either kids are even uglier than the ugly dog, or that family failed to explain something in the card...

2013-12-24 5:56 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Pro
Good morning TAN.
2013-12-24 7:51 AM
in reply to: Iowaman

User image

Regular
Madrid
Happy Christmas Eve Day everyone. Hope Santa brings lots and lots of cookies....
2013-12-24 7:53 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by gr33n Happy Christmas Eve Day everyone. Hope Santa brings lots and lots of cookies....

i've been baking like a fiend the past 2 weeks!  i might make a punkin pie today, just cause i'm home and bored.

THIS is why i must work, i will cook and bake far too much with all this free time.

2013-12-24 8:07 AM

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Have a great day everyone.  At work for at least 8 hours today. 

2013-12-24 8:12 AM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls

Originally posted by gr33n Happy Christmas Eve Day everyone. Hope Santa brings lots and lots of cookies....

i've been baking like a fiend the past 2 weeks!  i might make a punkin pie today, just cause i'm home and bored.

THIS is why i must work, i will cook and bake far too much with all this free time.

When I was unemployed, I went through 5 pounds of flour every week. But fresh, soft pretzels are SO good!
2013-12-24 8:26 AM
in reply to: pitt83

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by pitt83

When I was unemployed, I went through 5 pounds of flour every week. But fresh, soft pretzels are SO good!

2 pounds of butter in 2 weeks.  and 5 pounds of flour and about 4 pounds of sugars since i started this cookie binge.  

2013-12-24 8:36 AM

User image

Pro
McKinney, TX

Originally posted by pitt83

2 pounds of butter in 2 weeks.  and 5 pounds of flour and about 4 pounds of sugars since i started this cookie binge.  

DAA-ANNG....slow down Paula Dean.

I'm the chef of the house and Annie is the baker. Neither of us can do the other without screwing up....so we keep our nice little arrangement.

But totally agree, Meh....wouldn't do good staying home for more than a few days...or having a stay-at-home-wife because she'd make all the artery-clogging good stuff then I'd have to eat it....

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN 202: A bunch of rotTAN apples Rss Feed  

of 80

RELATED POSTS

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4765 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa

TAN #53 World Champion TAN Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85

Started by TriToy
Views: 28551 Posts: 2116

2008-10-15 3:50 PM lisac957

TAN #51: TAN and Deliver Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 85

Started by JChristoff
Views: 22440 Posts: 2119

2008-10-10 2:03 PM 1stTimeTri

TAN #29 The case of the disappearing TAN Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 88

Started by TriToy
Views: 33621 Posts: 2190

2008-06-19 7:13 PM Aikidoman

Tan (not TAN) lines Pages: 1 2

Started by JoshKaptur
Views: 2556 Posts: 29

2007-05-31 11:06 PM jknapman
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 15, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
Recipes for Oatmeal Pancakes, Carrot Apple Muffins, Sugar and Spice Pecans and Crunchy Trail Mix

date : October 4, 2007
author : R_Laberje
comments : 14
Humorous short story about giving up feminine luxuries for the triathlon fitness lifestyle.