BT Development Mentor Program Archives » What off-season? Early season racers Mentor Group - OPEN! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 15

2014-01-07 10:36 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: RE: What off-season? Early season racers Mentor Group - OPEN!

Good morning everyone!

I hear you about the cold, its was a brutal mid 30's with a stiff wind here in FL this morning (it all relative people we we upper 70's & 80's just the other day!) on the coast and I had to take the dog out for a 4 run.  He loved it, I didn't get warm until 1.3 miles into running with the wind!  All was fine after that.

I setup Golden Cheetah last nice and the new bike is on the trainer throne.  Didn't get in a full wo as I acidentally selected stop instead of pause when I wanted to do a spin down check. After a bit I figured out how to FF the starting point of a wo but at that point it was getting cold in the garage and kids were going to bed (school started back up today) and called it a night to attempt the 5' CP test later today or tomorrow.

I have my 11 week training plan formulated but can't get it the cvs file to upload, so I need to get with the BT powers today to see what's up.

2014-01-07 10:40 AM
in reply to: Donto

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Donto

Good morning everyone!

I hear you about the cold, its was a brutal mid 30's with a stiff wind here in FL this morning (it all relative people we we upper 70's & 80's just the other day!) on the coast and I had to take the dog out for a 4 run.  He loved it, I didn't get warm until 1.3 miles into running with the wind!  All was fine after that.

I setup Golden Cheetah last nice and the new bike is on the trainer throne.  Didn't get in a full wo as I acidentally selected stop instead of pause when I wanted to do a spin down check. After a bit I figured out how to FF the starting point of a wo but at that point it was getting cold in the garage and kids were going to bed (school started back up today) and called it a night to attempt the 5' CP test later today or tomorrow.

I have my 11 week training plan formulated but can't get it the cvs file to upload, so I need to get with the BT powers today to see what's up.

Did you export a blank .csv from BT to ensure you're using the correct format?

2014-01-07 10:51 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Good morning everyone!

Did you export a blank .csv from BT to ensure you're using the correct format?

I've been doing this for for a number of years now, but this is the 1st time since the BT format changed.  I actually used the custom plan maker loaded it but didn't like the training workouts for durations, etc so I did export it & modified it.  All I get when I upload it is a blank screen with either IE11 or Firefox 26.

2014-01-07 12:05 PM
in reply to: dewybuck

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by dewybuck

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville
Originally posted by brigby1

So, this morning was an absolute no show for me going out running :-)  around 2ºF out there.

Anyone train outside in that?

I'm going to hit the sufferfest video later I think, a little Hell Hath No Fury......

Happy Tuesday everyone, safe training and stay warm if you're being hit by the chill we're currently experiencing!

Not this morning,but I did get out last night. It was around 8 with a negative 10-15 wind chill, it was glorious! I did get to the pool this morning, nothing like swimming when it's -1 outside. Course this pool, for some reason, gets hotter, the colder it is outside, so it felt close to 90. That sucked. Enjoy HHNF! I haven't done that yet, but I did buy it.

I use that one fairly regular. Good staple workout.

-13F actual this morning. Should get back above 0 this afternoon. And back to more normal winter temps over the next couple days.

That's the 75 minute one, right? I'll start on that one soon, course my trainer is busted at the moment and awaiting a repair/replacement, so it may be a bit longer. My nemesis currently is fight club. For a while I only owned three, fight club, angels, and downward spiral, and fight club just crushes me. I'm pretty solid on angels and downward spiral, which tells me that I have strong power, but my high cadence/endurance is my weakness. I just loathe the constant attacks! My new purchases are The Hunted, which I've done just once, and HHNF, Blender, and ISLAGIATT. I needed some longer one's for my weekend long rides. Sort of looking forward to those...I dunno. We're supposed to warm up a bit too, might even get an outdoor ride this weekend(calling for mid 50s)

Yep, HHNF is the 75 minute one, it's a really good workout.  I know I've been working when I get off that.....I did ISLAGIATT a week or so back, man that is appropriately named ;-

I'll stop moaning about 2F now, with people facing -13F and looking forward to getting over 0!!!!

We'll be back to normal tonight/tomorrow morning by the look of it. 

Yeah, the two bigger ones are also nice. I tend to use ISLAGIATT more as the breakdown fits into what I like to do better, but think more may like Blender as it has more shorter intervals. 8 min or less, whereas the other has them at least that size. A combination I like is ISLAGIATT and The Wretched. I don't do either at 100% and tend to flatten out the intervals. Meaning I don't attack so hard, staying more around the target power I want. This was that 2:45 ride I did on Saturday.

I do tend to take out or lessen the all out attacks that they have, like the 9 or 10, as I'm using them more for developing threshold power. Some races I'm looking at can have short, steep hills where it will be helpful to have that adaptation, but I'll add some of that back in leading into them. I'll just need to be used to working up at that level out of an already hard effort. No need to try developing a monster sprint. Bike racing needs a few things, but for us it's all about bringing up FTP. I also tend to adjust the intensity of the intervals (and overall for the vid) to what I'm looking for on the day. So it's not often that I'll do them truly all out. This is balanced out with the amount of riding I'm doing.

2014-01-07 12:45 PM

Arden, North Carolina

So, this morning was an absolute no show for me going out running :-)  around 2ºF out there.

Anyone train outside in that?

I'm going to hit the sufferfest video later I think, a little Hell Hath No Fury......

Happy Tuesday everyone, safe training and stay warm if you're being hit by the chill we're currently experiencing!

Not this morning,but I did get out last night. It was around 8 with a negative 10-15 wind chill, it was glorious! I did get to the pool this morning, nothing like swimming when it's -1 outside. Course this pool, for some reason, gets hotter, the colder it is outside, so it felt close to 90. That sucked. Enjoy HHNF! I haven't done that yet, but I did buy it.

I use that one fairly regular. Good staple workout.

-13F actual this morning. Should get back above 0 this afternoon. And back to more normal winter temps over the next couple days.

That's the 75 minute one, right? I'll start on that one soon, course my trainer is busted at the moment and awaiting a repair/replacement, so it may be a bit longer. My nemesis currently is fight club. For a while I only owned three, fight club, angels, and downward spiral, and fight club just crushes me. I'm pretty solid on angels and downward spiral, which tells me that I have strong power, but my high cadence/endurance is my weakness. I just loathe the constant attacks! My new purchases are The Hunted, which I've done just once, and HHNF, Blender, and ISLAGIATT. I needed some longer one's for my weekend long rides. Sort of looking forward to those...I dunno. We're supposed to warm up a bit too, might even get an outdoor ride this weekend(calling for mid 50s)

Yep, HHNF is the 75 minute one, it's a really good workout.  I know I've been working when I get off that.....I did ISLAGIATT a week or so back, man that is appropriately named ;-

I'll stop moaning about 2F now, with people facing -13F and looking forward to getting over 0!!!!

We'll be back to normal tonight/tomorrow morning by the look of it. 

Yeah, the two bigger ones are also nice. I tend to use ISLAGIATT more as the breakdown fits into what I like to do better, but think more may like Blender as it has more shorter intervals. 8 min or less, whereas the other has them at least that size. A combination I like is ISLAGIATT and The Wretched. I don't do either at 100% and tend to flatten out the intervals. Meaning I don't attack so hard, staying more around the target power I want. This was that 2:45 ride I did on Saturday.

I do tend to take out or lessen the all out attacks that they have, like the 9 or 10, as I'm using them more for developing threshold power. Some races I'm looking at can have short, steep hills where it will be helpful to have that adaptation, but I'll add some of that back in leading into them. I'll just need to be used to working up at that level out of an already hard effort. No need to try developing a monster sprint. Bike racing needs a few things, but for us it's all about bringing up FTP. I also tend to adjust the intensity of the intervals (and overall for the vid) to what I'm looking for on the day. So it's not often that I'll do them truly all out. This is balanced out with the amount of riding I'm doing.

Thats a good point. My first big race i'm training for is a half, with virtually no flats, all constant ups and downs, but nothing terribly steep. I was looking at the profile and i noticed one stretch that is 3 miles long but only rises 175 feet(appears really steep on the profile) but that's really not much, and that's about as bad as the hills get, so it's more of a long slog, rather than a grind, so perhaps your approach would be better for me. I just need to learn to mentally ignore than bright red bar that trainer road gives me when I'm too far under target. I've gone into workouts with the intention of staying steady, but can't seem to stop myself when the effort jumps. I suppose I'm easily trash talked!
I'm impressed that you manage to stack two sufferfest vids on top of each other, not sure I could do that. I figured if i needed more than two hours I'd do blender or ISLAGIATT and add an easier trainer road workout to it.
I wish they'd make some vids that target triathlon goals rather than just cycling. Something maybe that goes out hard, and eases up to prep you for the run. I'm not sure what that vid would look like, but it would be a nice idea.
2014-01-07 2:14 PM
in reply to: TriDadinAsheville

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville  Thats a good point. My first big race i'm training for is a half, with virtually no flats, all constant ups and downs, but nothing terribly steep. I was looking at the profile and i noticed one stretch that is 3 miles long but only rises 175 feet(appears really steep on the profile) but that's really not much, and that's about as bad as the hills get, so it's more of a long slog, rather than a grind, so perhaps your approach would be better for me. I just need to learn to mentally ignore than bright red bar that trainer road gives me when I'm too far under target. I've gone into workouts with the intention of staying steady, but can't seem to stop myself when the effort jumps. I suppose I'm easily trash talked! I'm impressed that you manage to stack two sufferfest vids on top of each other, not sure I could do that. I figured if i needed more than two hours I'd do blender or ISLAGIATT and add an easier trainer road workout to it. I wish they'd make some vids that target triathlon goals rather than just cycling. Something maybe that goes out hard, and eases up to prep you for the run. I'm not sure what that vid would look like, but it would be a nice idea.

Which race was this specifically? Curious what it looks like as profiles tend to look worse than they are. That 3 mile section might not even register as a hill when your on it as it's only a 1% grade or so. Especially considering where you are now. Probably just seem like you're going a little bit slow for the effort at most, more so than feel like you're going up anything.

What I'm looking at for the attacks are courses that have repeated very short sections, like 30 seconds or less to get over. The one even has them right after another so it's like being on a roller coaster. Momentum from the last can carry up the next. It's long for a sprint, but still a sprint, so I'll be going quite hard and will want to at least be familiar with going up past threshold and recovering by only dropping back down near it. A bike racer may really light it up, but I still need to run afterward so can't get too crazy with it.

I know what you mean about going after them though. I still become alert and start to push the next pedal stroke when the gun sounds. I think they do have a more tri focused vid in the works, but sounds like it's going to be some type of brick setup. Not sure I'll get it though I have all the others. What are you looking for in something that "eases up" later on? I tend to go out rather evenly paced for the bike (per terrain) and go right up to the end. Maybe in the last minute or so I'll shift down a gear and spin a little faster, but that's about it. The cooldown sections of any vid are plenty long to cover that and I actually go a lot easier there than that last minute of the race.

2014-01-07 2:54 PM

Arden, North Carolina

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville  Thats a good point. My first big race i'm training for is a half, with virtually no flats, all constant ups and downs, but nothing terribly steep. I was looking at the profile and i noticed one stretch that is 3 miles long but only rises 175 feet(appears really steep on the profile) but that's really not much, and that's about as bad as the hills get, so it's more of a long slog, rather than a grind, so perhaps your approach would be better for me. I just need to learn to mentally ignore than bright red bar that trainer road gives me when I'm too far under target. I've gone into workouts with the intention of staying steady, but can't seem to stop myself when the effort jumps. I suppose I'm easily trash talked! I'm impressed that you manage to stack two sufferfest vids on top of each other, not sure I could do that. I figured if i needed more than two hours I'd do blender or ISLAGIATT and add an easier trainer road workout to it. I wish they'd make some vids that target triathlon goals rather than just cycling. Something maybe that goes out hard, and eases up to prep you for the run. I'm not sure what that vid would look like, but it would be a nice idea.

Which race was this specifically? Curious what it looks like as profiles tend to look worse than they are. That 3 mile section might not even register as a hill when your on it as it's only a 1% grade or so. Especially considering where you are now. Probably just seem like you're going a little bit slow for the effort at most, more so than feel like you're going up anything.

What I'm looking at for the attacks are courses that have repeated very short sections, like 30 seconds or less to get over. The one even has them right after another so it's like being on a roller coaster. Momentum from the last can carry up the next. It's long for a sprint, but still a sprint, so I'll be going quite hard and will want to at least be familiar with going up past threshold and recovering by only dropping back down near it. A bike racer may really light it up, but I still need to run afterward so can't get too crazy with it.

I know what you mean about going after them though. I still become alert and start to push the next pedal stroke when the gun sounds. I think they do have a more tri focused vid in the works, but sounds like it's going to be some type of brick setup. Not sure I'll get it though I have all the others. What are you looking for in something that "eases up" later on? I tend to go out rather evenly paced for the bike (per terrain) and go right up to the end. Maybe in the last minute or so I'll shift down a gear and spin a little faster, but that's about it. The cooldown sections of any vid are plenty long to cover that and I actually go a lot easier there than that last minute of the race.

It's called the Carolina Half. It's in a town called Davidson, just north of Charlotte. I know a couple people from the local club who did it last year, both extremely strong triathletes and both said it was a very difficult course. That may have had to do with the run too though, I'm not sure how difficult the run is. But I used to live out there and rode that area frequently, it is a bit relentless with the constant hills. Where I live now is in the mountains, and here it's more long climb, followed by long descent so you really get to recover, plus there are a lot of substantial flat stretches between mountains.. Out there the climbs seemed steep and short, same with the descents, so you never really recovered fully before the next climb.
I have a local few sprints that are more what you described, with shorter steep descents that you try to power through and recover, so I'm guessing these video's will really help with those.
Good point, I don't really ease up either aside from switching to a higher cadence gear for the final minute or two. Maybe it would be as you said, just a bit more even paced, no attacks, taking it more easy on the climbs than the current climbing videos do.
2014-01-08 8:39 AM

Master
Northern IL

Found a profile of the course. Seems interesting. Gives a similar impression as what I saw of the Rev3 Carolina course (didn't race it, but looked into it). Just like you said, lots of hills on it, but not necessarily major ones. "Pacing" on that would seem to include being able quickly recognize to vary the intensity across the changing terrain. The variations in the larger interval Sufferfest videos should help with being capable of that, as they'll go from 7.0-8.5 a lot and even 6.0-8.5 in some of the newer ones. Not sure what you're doing, but when I follow the vids more closely I'll use changes of 0.5 as ~5% FTP. Then it'll be doing what you can to have the skill to carry speed into and out of the variations while also managing your power appropriately. Going up and down feels different and with terrain like that it can hide how hard you might be working with so many of them. Developing that feel when you can ride outside will help. That and a higher FTP, which tends to help with everything.

2014-01-08 8:55 AM

User image

Pro

Found a profile of the course. Seems interesting. Gives a similar impression as what I saw of the Rev3 Carolina course (didn't race it, but looked into it). Just like you said, lots of hills on it, but not necessarily major ones. "Pacing" on that would seem to include being able quickly recognize to vary the intensity across the changing terrain. The variations in the larger interval Sufferfest videos should help with being capable of that, as they'll go from 7.0-8.5 a lot and even 6.0-8.5 in some of the newer ones. Not sure what you're doing, but when I follow the vids more closely I'll use changes of 0.5 as ~5% FTP. Then it'll be doing what you can to have the skill to carry speed into and out of the variations while also managing your power appropriately. Going up and down feels different and with terrain like that it can hide how hard you might be working with so many of them. Developing that feel when you can ride outside will help. That and a higher FTP, which tends to help with everything.

Definitely a course to pace by power or HR numbers...

And, as always, a higher FTP, or at least more W/kg, won't hurt!

2014-01-08 9:49 AM

Arden, North Carolina
Unfortunately, I can't afford a power meter, so I'll be watching my HR as best as I can, but given the profile it won't be nearly as easy to do that as it is on a flat course. My FTP has been increasing pretty steadily over the past year when I first started using that. My first test, just about a year ago using Traininer road was 209, and now I'm up to 240. The 240 was actually the result of a workout where training peaks notified me it was higher. It was based on The Hunted video that has a 20 minute climb early on. Thing was I didn't even go all out on that climb, like the fitness test has you do for 20 minutes, so I'm probably higher. I just don't want to retest again because I'm scared of the result. Last time I bumped up I couldn't keep up with sufferfest again! But, like you both said, the FTP is increasing, and based on the current numbers i'm at 2.6 watts/kg. I'd like to get to 3 if possible. Again according to TR numbers. No idea how that relates to actual power. And unfortunately, I'm not losing any more weight, so it's all gotta come from cycling improvement!
2014-01-08 10:00 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville Unfortunately, I can't afford a power meter, so I'll be watching my HR as best as I can, but given the profile it won't be nearly as easy to do that as it is on a flat course. My FTP has been increasing pretty steadily over the past year when I first started using that. My first test, just about a year ago using Traininer road was 209, and now I'm up to 240. The 240 was actually the result of a workout where training peaks notified me it was higher. It was based on The Hunted video that has a 20 minute climb early on. Thing was I didn't even go all out on that climb, like the fitness test has you do for 20 minutes, so I'm probably higher. I just don't want to retest again because I'm scared of the result. Last time I bumped up I couldn't keep up with sufferfest again! But, like you both said, the FTP is increasing, and based on the current numbers i'm at 2.6 watts/kg. I'd like to get to 3 if possible. Again according to TR numbers. No idea how that relates to actual power. And unfortunately, I'm not losing any more weight, so it's all gotta come from cycling improvement!

I'd set your HRM to auto-lap every so often, and just try to keep the average reasonable. Staring at the instant numbers will drive you insane!

2014-01-08 10:46 AM

Arden, North Carolina
I never thought of using the auto lap and using the lap average HR before. that is a brilliant idea! It does drive me nuts, especially when running around hilly terrain here and it spikes on short hills, that I feel like I can push through. I'll probalby do that as soon as I have my watch on me again. I do that with pace(if I"m using that) as the instant speed is crazy, not sure why i never thought about that for heart rate.
2014-01-08 10:48 AM

Arden, North Carolina
Oh yea, and in other news. I just broke my Hoka One One virginity. Ran 30 minutes in them last night and they were phenomenal. I couldn't believe how comfortable they are. I"m really looking forward to how they feel for long runs.
2014-01-08 11:37 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville Oh yea, and in other news. I just broke my Hoka One One virginity. Ran 30 minutes in them last night and they were phenomenal. I couldn't believe how comfortable they are. I"m really looking forward to how they feel for long runs.

I have a pair that I wear for recovery runs (though one could argue that there is no such thing as a recovery run) and they feel GOOD.

Not for everyone, for sure, but I'm a fan.

2014-01-08 11:45 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville I never thought of using the auto lap and using the lap average HR before. that is a brilliant idea! It does drive me nuts, especially when running around hilly terrain here and it spikes on short hills, that I feel like I can push through. I'll probalby do that as soon as I have my watch on me again. I do that with pace(if I"m using that) as the instant speed is crazy, not sure why i never thought about that for heart rate.

I do my tempo runs based on HR - and I auto-lap every mile. I have a screen that just shows current HR on the top, and avg for the lap on the bottom. No pace. No mileage. 

For the bike, a 3-5 mile auto-lap might work well. You may want to keep a current HR display though, to try to avoid hitting really high numbers on climbs. 

2014-01-08 11:52 AM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member

OK I'm spent, did the 5 minute power test this morning after not riding for a while. KK virtual power average was 258.  Am not looking forward to 20' test, wait check that, I can't wait to do the 20' test!

2014-01-08 12:06 PM

User image

New user
Hollywood, FL

Oh yea, and in other news. I just broke my Hoka One One virginity. Ran 30 minutes in them last night and they were phenomenal. I couldn't believe how comfortable they are. I"m really looking forward to how they feel for long runs.

I'm a big fan too, I've only ran in Hokas since I get a pair 6 months ago.
2014-01-08 12:11 PM
in reply to: ccjr

User image

New user
Hollywood, FL
I'm having a great week so far. Run on Monday, 75 minutes on the trainer yesterday, and have a swim scheduled for this afternoon, and I already reached the weight I wanted to reach by the end of the month. Also, I'll be joining a swim master program starting on Friday, I'm very excited and scared about that. Any tips for the first session?
2014-01-08 12:41 PM

Master
Northern IL

OK I'm spent, did the 5 minute power test this morning after not riding for a while. KK virtual power average was 258.  Am not looking forward to 20' test, wait check that, I can't wait to do the 20' test!

I actually tend to look forward to the shorter ones less as they're done at the higher intensity.

2014-01-08 12:47 PM

Arden, North Carolina

Oh yea, nothing quite like going for 20 minutes for as hard as you possibly, and not even having a downhill waiting for you!!! Have fun with that, maybe you'll inspire me to test again! Oh wait, my trainer is out of commission for a while...darn the luck!
2014-01-08 12:49 PM
in reply to: 0

Arden, North Carolina
Originally posted by ccjr

I'm having a great week so far. Run on Monday, 75 minutes on the trainer yesterday, and have a swim scheduled for this afternoon, and I already reached the weight I wanted to reach by the end of the month. Also, I'll be joining a swim master program starting on Friday, I'm very excited and scared about that. Any tips for the first session?

I remember my first masters session was last year. Had the same anxieties as you. I don't know if they're all the same, as mine was very informal, but if its anything like my experience, there's nothing to worry about. It was very friendly, but will push you. I'd introduce yourself to the coach, tell him/her you're new and where you should go. The lanes are set up based on speed. If you know your 100 yard/meter speed that helps. The coach will put you in a lane with similar swimmers. But other than that, do the workouts the coach gives and have fun. I improved drastically after joining the masters group.

Oh and congrats about the weight loss! That's awesome

Edited by TriDadinAsheville 2014-01-08 12:51 PM

2014-01-08 12:52 PM
in reply to: ccjr

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ccjr I'm having a great week so far. Run on Monday, 75 minutes on the trainer yesterday, and have a swim scheduled for this afternoon, and I already reached the weight I wanted to reach by the end of the month. Also, I'll be joining a swim master program starting on Friday, I'm very excited and scared about that. Any tips for the first session?

Know your T-pace (threshold pace) aka your 100yd pace that you can withstand for 1000yds - or at least have a decent idea of what it would be. Most teams will form lanes based on this pace - and base the practice off of this pace. Though, they might not call it t-pace.

Get there a little early and chat with the coach (if available) or other swimmers to get an idea of how things work. 

Don't lead the lane at first! Get used to the coach and the sets first.

2014-01-08 1:16 PM

Master
Northern IL

First time at masters I didn't really know my pace as had never really had a clock before. So they put me into the beginner type lane. It was nice the first time to get used to things and then kept moving on up since then. Groups are different, but don't expect lots of coaching like what a youth team (of most any sport) might have. A lot of times the set is written, explained and we have at it. Sometimes the coach will help a bit in more skill oriented sections, walking around the deck. She has been very helpful beforehand or in the warm-up, and after practice in explaining/watching various things whenever anyone asks.

2014-01-08 7:13 PM

User image

I think I have to get a Swimming Coach.  I have to improve in my stroke and techniques.

2014-01-08 10:39 PM
in reply to: Chef Segreto

User image

Flying out in the morning to compete in my first marathon on Sunday. Going to try to get in a short run tomorrow night. They have already posted heat advisory warnings. It should be in the low 80's. Florida decided not to participate in winter storm Hercules.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » What off-season? Early season racers Mentor Group - OPEN! Rss Feed  

of 15

RELATED POSTS

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
Views: 98835 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 16061 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 29482 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 18, 2013
author : eric_kenney
comments : 0
Looking at your past training to figure out the future season.

date : December 22, 2011
author : Mikael67
End of season thoughts and tips
date : April 14, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
A disappointing start to the season need not set the tone.

date : January 27, 2009
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on the off season, maximum amount of days one should be running, heart-rate zone testing and outdoor off season strength workouts.
date : February 7, 2008
author : AMSSM
The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.
date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.