BT Development Mentor Program Archives » What off-season? Early season racers Mentor Group - OPEN! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 15

2014-01-06 9:58 AM
in reply to: dewybuck

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: What off-season? Early season racers Mentor Group - OPEN!

Originally posted by dewybuck

If you're still open, I'd like to join this group, no off season for me this winter!

Dewybuck/ Dean Buckley/ TriDB (twitter)

Story Ex Military now in business, started endurance events while serving in the British Military a few and some more years back.  Completed my first Tri in 2007, moved to the USA 4 years ago and have enjoyed a number of races here, (Tri, Marathon, trail) etc.  Northern Virginia seems excellent for it!

Family status Married, with four great kids (10,6,3 and 1).

Current Training Running, running, bit more running and then a little sufferfest on the trainer.

2014 Races - Jurassic Coast Challenge.  three trail marathons in three days.  21st-23rd March (hence no off season)

Also signed up for IM CdA.

Goal for JCC is to finish top 50 (was placed 49th last year when I had to bail for injury)

Goal for IM CdA is to finish my first IM!!!

ETA: My wife also asked me to complete the Run 1000 miles in a year challenge with her.  so that's in there too!

Hi, Dean! Welcome to the group!

That Jurassic Coast Challenge sounds insane - and awesome! 

Northern Virginia is awesome for many reasons - definitely lots of races in the area, and plenty of things to do with the kids, too

2014-01-06 10:19 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Feeling good. I have my last short run tomorrow before we fly out on Thursday. We are taking a long vacation after so I am just hoping my legs are ready for it.
2014-01-06 10:56 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Pro

Originally posted by brigby1

Made it all the way through Masters again last night (the longer session at that), so swimming should be coming back together. Still disappointing to see the times, but good to see things looking up again.

Just focus on completing the practice for now - times will drop as practices go on!

2014-01-06 10:58 AM

User image

Pro

Our group, so far:

(groupasofjan6.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
groupasofjan6.JPG (49KB - 7 downloads)
2014-01-06 11:28 AM

User image

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Our group, so far:

My training plan starts on the 26th of January! My race isn't as early as some and I will probably not be hitting it SUPER HARD
due to a long season with a HIM and FIM. Excited to get going, though. May still consider a couple of half marathons as well.

2014-01-06 12:57 PM
in reply to: 0

Arden, North Carolina
Hi, hopefully I can still join this group.

Name: Josh

Story: I'm a programmer(by necessity), but I recently received a Masters of Science in Earth Sciences and want to eventually move back into the field Climate research. I started in endurance sports in 2006 when I decided to chase my week long dream of running a marathon. I didn't really have a whole lot going on in my life at that point, I had a friend who did his first marathon with Team in Training the year before, so I looked into it, attended a meeting, and signed up. From that I realized I really didn't like running a whole lot, but still enjoyed pushing those limits, plus had a coach tell me if you can do a marathon you can do a Half IM, so I gave that a shot. A few months after the marathon I completed that race. Kind of got away from the sport for a while, then 2 years later, 2009 got back into it, notched a podium slot in my first race back and that lit the fuse. Been hooked ever since.
In my career I've done about 35 races including a full IM and four half IM's.

Family Status: Married with a 21 month old, 3 dogs and a cat

Current Training: I just started training last week for the Charlotte Half Ironman on May 4th. This will be the most difficult Half IM I've done to date. All the other races have been pretty much flat courses, so I'm not really going for a PR at this one, but pushing myself to a new challenge. I live in Asheville so I do all my training on mountains, and figured it's about time I test that training. I've heard this course is very hilly and difficult(from a couple of the top triathletes in the area). I also am planning to do the charleston sprint in April as a tune up for the big race. I've always liked having a prep race before my A race.
My current training program consists of about 7-8 hours a week, building to 15 within about 2 months. Right now i'm running 4x a week, cycling and swimming 3x/week. Running is by far my weakest. I can't tell you how many times I got off the bike either on a podium slot or within striking distance, only to get crushed on the run. I'm really trying to improve to at least be mediocre relative to my age group.

This Years Races: Charleston Sprint, Carolina Half, Biltmore Lake Sprint, Asheville Tri, Lake Logan Half, Lake Lure Sprint, Kiowah International, B2B Full.

Not sure if there's anything else that I missed. Looking forward to joining the group!

Edited by TriDadinAsheville 2014-01-06 1:38 PM

2014-01-06 1:17 PM

Master
Northern IL

Made it all the way through Masters again last night (the longer session at that), so swimming should be coming back together. Still disappointing to see the times, but good to see things looking up again.

Just focus on completing the practice for now - times will drop as practices go on!

That's the idea! The bike has been strong again, so swimming should be right behind. Something rather encouraging was that the fast 25's at the end were actually fast even though I was rather beat at the time.

2014-01-06 2:31 PM

User image

Expert
Broadlands

If you're still open, I'd like to join this group, no off season for me this winter!

Dewybuck/ Dean Buckley/ TriDB (twitter)

Story Ex Military now in business, started endurance events while serving in the British Military a few and some more years back.  Completed my first Tri in 2007, moved to the USA 4 years ago and have enjoyed a number of races here, (Tri, Marathon, trail) etc.  Northern Virginia seems excellent for it!

Family status Married, with four great kids (10,6,3 and 1).

Current Training Running, running, bit more running and then a little sufferfest on the trainer.

2014 Races - Jurassic Coast Challenge.  three trail marathons in three days.  21st-23rd March (hence no off season)

Also signed up for IM CdA.

Goal for JCC is to finish top 50 (was placed 49th last year when I had to bail for injury)

Goal for IM CdA is to finish my first IM!!!

ETA: My wife also asked me to complete the Run 1000 miles in a year challenge with her.  so that's in there too!

Hi, Dean! Welcome to the group!

That Jurassic Coast Challenge sounds insane - and awesome! 

Northern Virginia is awesome for many reasons - definitely lots of races in the area, and plenty of things to do with the kids, too

Hey Elaine,

yup the JCC is kind of fun, this will be #4 for me, finished twice taking it nice and easy, went for it last year and paid the price. 

More worried about the IM to be honest, I'll have the fitness foundation I think, but the JCC will be me warming up for the IM :-)

Looks like a good group so far, resident chef for nutritional needs and a cool coach!

Looking forward to this season!

2014-01-06 4:02 PM
in reply to: TriDadinAsheville

User image

Pro

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville Hi, hopefully I can still join this group. Name: Josh Story: I'm a programmer(by necessity), but I recently received a Masters of Science in Earth Sciences and want to eventually move back into the field Climate research. I started in endurance sports in 2006 when I decided to chase my week long dream of running a marathon. I didn't really have a whole lot going on in my life at that point, I had a friend who did his first marathon with Team in Training the year before, so I looked into it, attended a meeting, and signed up. From that I realized I really didn't like running a whole lot, but still enjoyed pushing those limits, plus had a coach tell me if you can do a marathon you can do a Half IM, so I gave that a shot. A few months after the marathon I completed that race. Kind of got away from the sport for a while, then 2 years later, 2009 got back into it, notched a podium slot in my first race back and that lit the fuse. Been hooked ever since. In my career I've done about 35 races including a full IM and four half IM's. Family Status: Married with a 21 month old, 3 dogs and a cat Current Training: I just started training last week for the Charlotte Half Ironman on May 4th. This will be the most difficult Half IM I've done to date. All the other races have been pretty much flat courses, so I'm not really going for a PR at this one, but pushing myself to a new challenge. I live in Asheville so I do all my training on mountains, and figured it's about time I test that training. I've heard this course is very hilly and difficult(from a couple of the top triathletes in the area). I also am planning to do the charleston sprint in April as a tune up for the big race. I've always liked having a prep race before my A race. My current training program consists of about 7-8 hours a week, building to 15 within about 2 months. Right now i'm running 4x a week, cycling and swimming 3x/week. Running is by far my weakest. I can't tell you how many times I got off the bike either on a podium slot or within striking distance, only to get crushed on the run. I'm really trying to improve to at least be mediocre relative to my age group. This Years Races: Charleston Sprint, Carolina Half, Biltmore Lake Sprint, Asheville Tri, Lake Logan Half, Lake Lure Sprint, Kiowah International, B2B Full. Not sure if there's anything else that I missed. Looking forward to joining the group!

Welcome, Josh! You can certainly still join!

Are you using a BT training plan?

2014-01-06 7:24 PM

Arden, North Carolina

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville Hi, hopefully I can still join this group. Name: Josh Story: I'm a programmer(by necessity), but I recently received a Masters of Science in Earth Sciences and want to eventually move back into the field Climate research. I started in endurance sports in 2006 when I decided to chase my week long dream of running a marathon. I didn't really have a whole lot going on in my life at that point, I had a friend who did his first marathon with Team in Training the year before, so I looked into it, attended a meeting, and signed up. From that I realized I really didn't like running a whole lot, but still enjoyed pushing those limits, plus had a coach tell me if you can do a marathon you can do a Half IM, so I gave that a shot. A few months after the marathon I completed that race. Kind of got away from the sport for a while, then 2 years later, 2009 got back into it, notched a podium slot in my first race back and that lit the fuse. Been hooked ever since. In my career I've done about 35 races including a full IM and four half IM's. Family Status: Married with a 21 month old, 3 dogs and a cat Current Training: I just started training last week for the Charlotte Half Ironman on May 4th. This will be the most difficult Half IM I've done to date. All the other races have been pretty much flat courses, so I'm not really going for a PR at this one, but pushing myself to a new challenge. I live in Asheville so I do all my training on mountains, and figured it's about time I test that training. I've heard this course is very hilly and difficult(from a couple of the top triathletes in the area). I also am planning to do the charleston sprint in April as a tune up for the big race. I've always liked having a prep race before my A race. My current training program consists of about 7-8 hours a week, building to 15 within about 2 months. Right now i'm running 4x a week, cycling and swimming 3x/week. Running is by far my weakest. I can't tell you how many times I got off the bike either on a podium slot or within striking distance, only to get crushed on the run. I'm really trying to improve to at least be mediocre relative to my age group. This Years Races: Charleston Sprint, Carolina Half, Biltmore Lake Sprint, Asheville Tri, Lake Logan Half, Lake Lure Sprint, Kiowah International, B2B Full. Not sure if there's anything else that I missed. Looking forward to joining the group!

Welcome, Josh! You can certainly still join!

Are you using a BT training plan?

Awesome! No, I actually built my own plan. It's probably a bit on the heavy side for a HIM, but it's a tough race and I want to be ready!
2014-01-06 8:41 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville  Awesome! No, I actually built my own plan. It's probably a bit on the heavy side for a HIM, but it's a tough race and I want to be ready!

Nice! I put together my own stuff too according to some more basic principles and workouts that I find. Not so worried about training looking "heavy" for any particular event as basically the more you want to develop the more you'll want to do to get there. Farther out things can look much the same across all distance races we'll see and then some more race specific workouts will come in more as the event approaches. As we'll see from each of us over time. If you have the time to do so, then by all means use it in according to what you need to develop.

2014-01-06 10:20 PM
in reply to: midwesttrimom

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by midwesttrimom

Our group, so far:

My training plan starts on the 26th of January! My race isn't as early as some and I will probably not be hitting it SUPER HARD due to a long season with a HIM and FIM. Excited to get going, though. May still consider a couple of half marathons as well.

Jen, you had a thread going somewhere out in the other forums. Might be worth reiterating things from there in here for more discussion if you wanted. I lost track of where it was, and could get some more answers in a Mentor group as opposed to the randomness of who shows up out in the other forums. Those can wander around a bit, especially if you had several questions. Think it was more with the later season IM in mind, but there were general training questions that would definitely be applicable now.

2014-01-07 8:29 AM

Arden, North Carolina

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville  Awesome! No, I actually built my own plan. It's probably a bit on the heavy side for a HIM, but it's a tough race and I want to be ready!

Nice! I put together my own stuff too according to some more basic principles and workouts that I find. Not so worried about training looking "heavy" for any particular event as basically the more you want to develop the more you'll want to do to get there. Farther out things can look much the same across all distance races we'll see and then some more race specific workouts will come in more as the event approaches. As we'll see from each of us over time. If you have the time to do so, then by all means use it in according to what you need to develop.

I learned from past two Half IM's that I creating my own plan works better. I followed a generic online plan for Augusta half in Sept 2012 and my race sucked. I built my own for the Chareston half the next april and had the best race of my life. I think if you have the time and can do the reading and research into how to build a plan, you're far better off making your own. Since you can tailor it to fit your own strengths and weaknesses. I put more effort on running, a lot more, deemphasized swimming(volume) while at the same time maximizing technique, in the form of attending masters classes, and did a lot of bike trainer work instead of outdoors. Worked incredibly.

This plan still pushes the run(4x/week) but I am doing what you discussed, ramping up volume early on, but will peak at volume early and then transition into race like conditions for the final 8 weeks. Heavy on the bricks, and more race pace running vs z2 running.
2014-01-07 8:29 AM

User image

Expert
Broadlands

So, this morning was an absolute no show for me going out running :-)  around 2ºF out there.

Anyone train outside in that?

I'm going to hit the sufferfest video later I think, a little Hell Hath No Fury......

Happy Tuesday everyone, safe training and stay warm if you're being hit by the chill we're currently experiencing!

2014-01-07 8:48 AM

User image

St Tammany Parish
I'd like to join.

NAME: WyattEarp / Brian

STORY: This is going to be my 5th year in Triathlon. I have always been super active outdoors hiking, mountain biking, skiing etc. I was a competitive swimmer from age 6 through high school. Went through a phase of doing a lot of road cycling along with mountain biking. Always liked the idea of triathlon but always absolutely hated to run. My wife had done a few triathlons and her along with a friend of mine finally put on enough peer pressure to get me to give it a shot. Five years in and I am finally maybe able to say I am starting to enjoy the run as well.

FAMILY STATUS: Married 13 years with one 4 year old daughter

CURRENT TRAINING: The past years I have generally completely taken off between November and March. This year I vowed to focus on my run over the winter months and pretty much did the BaryP run plan Oct - Mid December. It worked because I had a PR 5k race of 21:40 in early December. Just this week I started on a BT custom Half Iron plan with a Bike/Run focus. This will be my first attempt at really sticking to a written tri plan. Up until now I have always printed out a general training plan from somewhere and just used it as a general idea of what I might actually do.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: This past year was a little lighter on races than my previous two years. I did a longer sprint race (Crawfishman) the first week of May, and the CapTexTri (Olympic Course) at the end of May. I trained for another longer Sprint (Santa Rosa Island Triathlon) for the first week of October but it was cancelled due to a hurricane.

2014 RACES: Doing the early season training for the Gulf Coast Triathlon (70.3) May 10th. Will do a few other races as well. Probably TriRock Austin (Olympic) in September and most definitely Santa Rosa Island in October. Might have another sprint in there somewhere and maybe the CapTex again. Looking to 2015 I want to do Ironman Texas for my big 40.

WEIGHTLOSS: I have been lucky in that weight has never been an issue for me. The past couple of years I have probably been in some of my best cardio shape of my life.

WHAT I LOOK TO LEARN: Looking to stay motivated to actually stick to this training plan.

MISC: I went to school at the UofA. Bear Down!

Edited by WyattEarp 2014-01-07 9:35 AM
2014-01-07 9:19 AM
in reply to: WyattEarp

User image

Pro

Originally posted by WyattEarp I'd like to join. NAME: WyattEarp / Brian STORY: This is going to be my 5th year in Triathlon. I have always been super active outdoors hiking, mountain biking, skiing etc. I was a competitive swimmer from age 6 through high school. Went through a phase of doing a lot of road cycling along with mountain biking. Always liked the idea of triathlon but always absolutely hated to run. My wife had done a few triathlons and her along with a friend of mine finally put on enough peer pressure to get me to give it a shot. Five years in and I am finally maybe able to say I am starting to enjoy the run as well. FAMILY STATUS: Married 13 years with one 4 year old daughter CURRENT TRAINING: The past years I have generally completely taken off between November and March. This year I vowed to focus on my run over the winter months and pretty much did the BaryP run plan Oct - Mid December. It worked because I had a PR 5k race of 21:40 in early December. Just this week I started on a BT custom Half Iron plan. This will be my first attempt at really sticking to a written tri plan. Up until now I have always printed out a general race training plan from somewhere and just used it as a general idea of what I might actually do. THIS YEAR'S RACES: This past year was a little lighter on races than my previous two years. I did a longer sprint race (Crawfishman) the first week of May, and the CapTexTri (Olympic Course) at the end of May. I trained for another longer Sprint (Santa Rosa Island Triathlon) for the first week of October but it was cancelled due to a hurricane. 2014 RACES: Doing the early season training for the Gulf Coast Triathlon (70.3) May 10th. Will do a few other races as well. Probably TriRock Austin (Olympic) in September and most definitely Santa Rosa Island in October. Might have another sprint in there somewhere. Looking to 2015 I want to do Ironman Texas for my big 40. WEIGHTLOSS: I have been lucky in that weight has never been an issue for me. The past couple of years I have probably been in some of my best cardio shape of my life since swimming competitively. WHAT I LOOK TO LEARN: Looking to stay motivated to actually stick to this training plan. MISC: I went to school at the UofA. Bear Down!

Welcome!

I live 3 blocks from your Alma Mater

Looks like a fun season ahead - and a good build into 2015

2014-01-07 9:20 AM
in reply to: dewybuck

Arden, North Carolina

So, this morning was an absolute no show for me going out running :-)  around 2ºF out there.

I'm going to hit the sufferfest video later I think, a little Hell Hath No Fury......

Happy Tuesday everyone, safe training and stay warm if you're being hit by the chill we're currently experiencing!

Not this morning,but I did get out last night. It was around 8 with a negative 10-15 wind chill, it was glorious! I did get to the pool this morning, nothing like swimming when it's -1 outside. Course this pool, for some reason, gets hotter, the colder it is outside, so it felt close to 90. That sucked.

Enjoy HHNF! I haven't done that yet, but I did buy it.
2014-01-07 9:22 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by TriDadinAsheville

Not this morning,but I did get out last night. It was around 8 with a negative 10-15 wind chill, it was glorious! I did get to the pool this morning, nothing like swimming when it's -1 outside. Course this pool, for some reason, gets hotter, the colder it is outside, so it felt close to 90. That sucked. Enjoy HHNF! I haven't done that yet, but I did buy it.

Don't get those kind of temps in Tucson... but I have braved the outdoor pool in the mid-30s so far this winter.

2014-01-07 9:23 AM

Arden, North Carolina
Originally posted by WyattEarp

I'd like to join.

NAME: WyattEarp / Brian

STORY: This is going to be my 5th year in Triathlon. I have always been super active outdoors hiking, mountain biking, skiing etc. I was a competitive swimmer from age 6 through high school. Went through a phase of doing a lot of road cycling along with mountain biking. Always liked the idea of triathlon but always absolutely hated to run. My wife had done a few triathlons and her along with a friend of mine finally put on enough peer pressure to get me to give it a shot. Five years in and I am finally maybe able to say I am starting to enjoy the run as well.

FAMILY STATUS: Married 13 years with one 4 year old daughter

CURRENT TRAINING: The past years I have generally completely taken off between November and March. This year I vowed to focus on my run over the winter months and pretty much did the BaryP run plan Oct - Mid December. It worked because I had a PR 5k race of 21:40 in early December. Just this week I started on a BT custom Half Iron plan. This will be my first attempt at really sticking to a written tri plan. Up until now I have always printed out a general race training plan from somewhere and just used it as a general idea of what I might actually do.

THIS YEAR'S RACES: This past year was a little lighter on races than my previous two years. I did a longer sprint race (Crawfishman) the first week of May, and the CapTexTri (Olympic Course) at the end of May. I trained for another longer Sprint (Santa Rosa Island Triathlon) for the first week of October but it was cancelled due to a hurricane.

2014 RACES: Doing the early season training for the Gulf Coast Triathlon (70.3) May 10th. Will do a few other races as well. Probably TriRock Austin (Olympic) in September and most definitely Santa Rosa Island in October. Might have another sprint in there somewhere. Looking to 2015 I want to do Ironman Texas for my big 40.

WEIGHTLOSS: I have been lucky in that weight has never been an issue for me. The past couple of years I have probably been in some of my best cardio shape of my life since swimming competitively.

WHAT I LOOK TO LEARN: Looking to stay motivated to actually stick to this training plan.

MISC: I went to school at the UofA. Bear Down!

Good luck with your trainining, sounds like a fun year ahead of you. What I've always done to keep myself honest with training plans, is printing them, and displaying them prominently somewhere. I have a black and red marker. Completed workouts get a black line through them. Missed workouts get a huge red circle around them, so I see it constantly, and I don't like big red circles, so that really helps me psychologically stick with them. Of course, if I have a legit reason for missing I won't make it so obnoxious. Just a thought.
2014-01-07 9:38 AM

User image

St Tammany Parish
Feel sorry for those of you in the frozen tundra. Its in the 20s here and I don't want to go outside. Although I did swim yesterday when it was 31 degrees.

Edited by WyattEarp 2014-01-07 9:39 AM
2014-01-07 9:39 AM

Arden, North Carolina
Originally posted by WyattEarp

Feel sorry for those of you in the frozen tundra. Its in the 20s here and I don't want to go outside. Although I did swim yesterday when it was 31 degrees.

Makes us tougher!

2014-01-07 9:49 AM

Master
Northern IL

Not this morning,but I did get out last night. It was around 8 with a negative 10-15 wind chill, it was glorious! I did get to the pool this morning, nothing like swimming when it's -1 outside. Course this pool, for some reason, gets hotter, the colder it is outside, so it felt close to 90. That sucked. Enjoy HHNF! I haven't done that yet, but I did buy it.

I use that one fairly regular. Good staple workout.

-13F actual this morning. Should get back above 0 this afternoon. And back to more normal winter temps over the next couple days.

2014-01-07 10:12 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by WyattEarp Feel sorry for those of you in the frozen tundra. Its in the 20s here and I don't want to go outside. Although I did swim yesterday when it was 31 degrees.
Makes us tougher!

Seriously! At the start line of your next race, take a moment to reflect on all the times you were a badazz in training.

2014-01-07 10:13 AM

Arden, North Carolina

-13F actual this morning. Should get back above 0 this afternoon. And back to more normal winter temps over the next couple days.

That's the 75 minute one, right? I'll start on that one soon, course my trainer is busted at the moment and awaiting a repair/replacement, so it may be a bit longer. My nemesis currently is fight club. For a while I only owned three, fight club, angels, and downward spiral, and fight club just crushes me. I'm pretty solid on angels and downward spiral, which tells me that I have strong power, but my high cadence/endurance is my weakness. I just loathe the constant attacks!
My new purchases are The Hunted, which I've done just once, and HHNF, Blender, and ISLAGIATT. I needed some longer one's for my weekend long rides. Sort of looking forward to those...I dunno.

We're supposed to warm up a bit too, might even get an outdoor ride this weekend(calling for mid 50s)
2014-01-07 10:33 AM

User image

Expert
Broadlands

That's the 75 minute one, right? I'll start on that one soon, course my trainer is busted at the moment and awaiting a repair/replacement, so it may be a bit longer. My nemesis currently is fight club. For a while I only owned three, fight club, angels, and downward spiral, and fight club just crushes me. I'm pretty solid on angels and downward spiral, which tells me that I have strong power, but my high cadence/endurance is my weakness. I just loathe the constant attacks! My new purchases are The Hunted, which I've done just once, and HHNF, Blender, and ISLAGIATT. I needed some longer one's for my weekend long rides. Sort of looking forward to those...I dunno. We're supposed to warm up a bit too, might even get an outdoor ride this weekend(calling for mid 50s)

Yep, HHNF is the 75 minute one, it's a really good workout.  I know I've been working when I get off that.....I did ISLAGIATT a week or so back, man that is appropriately named ;-

I'll stop moaning about 2F now, with people facing -13F and looking forward to getting over 0!!!!

We'll be back to normal tonight/tomorrow morning by the look of it. 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » What off-season? Early season racers Mentor Group - OPEN! Rss Feed  

of 15

RELATED POSTS

Power Mentor Group with Shane & Marc - Closed. Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Started by marcag
Views: 98690 Posts: 1816

2014-06-10 2:42 PM cdkayak

Shane's (gsmacleod) Coaching Mentor Group - Open Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by gsmacleod
Views: 15995 Posts: 116

2014-05-14 7:37 AM Dominion

Birkierunner's (Jim Kelley) General + Long Course Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 29343 Posts: 415

2014-05-16 9:06 AM Birkierunner

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 18, 2013
author : eric_kenney
comments : 0
Looking at your past training to figure out the future season.

date : December 22, 2011
author : Mikael67
End of season thoughts and tips
date : April 14, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
A disappointing start to the season need not set the tone.

date : January 27, 2009
author : Coach AJ
Discussions on the off season, maximum amount of days one should be running, heart-rate zone testing and outdoor off season strength workouts.
date : February 7, 2008
author : AMSSM
The off season should be just that – a time to rest your body, to rehabilitate injury, and to plan ahead on how to improve performance and prevent injury in the season to come.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Ron
Training program for the minority triathlete wanting to put on some extra muscle mass to get buff for next years triathlon season.
date : September 3, 2006
author : acbadger
The off-season is the best time to fine tune your skills and prepare yourself for the next season. It is also time for you to gain some strength and get a little rest after a long season of training.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
If you develop a strategy for the off-season, you can go into the next season stronger than you ended the past season.