General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indoor Pools near Fort Hood Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-12-30 7:04 PM

User image

Regular
Whites Creek, Tennessee
Subject: Indoor Pools near Fort Hood
I see that the only indoor pool on Fort Hood is closed until August, does anyone in the area know of any pools that are open (indoors)? I know of the Bell County YMCA, but that's a 20 yard pool, going to be hard to get in on that small of a pool.

Any help folks?

2013-12-31 7:41 AM
in reply to: brazee

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: Indoor Pools near Fort Hood

Gold's Gym in Killeen has a 25 yard pool, 3 lanes, but you'd have to join and the water is a tad on the warm side.

Belton HS has early morning lap swim 5:30-6:55 on MWF, you can buy a punch card.  They also have a Master's Swim Program at that time, and have some evening hours as well.  25 yards. 8 lanes, water is perfect, chilly when you get in, but perfect once you warm up.

UMHB has a pool that I've heard is nice, but I've never been there or know the hours.

There is also a natatorium, it might be the Boys and Girls club or the one you mentioned, but I thought it was longer than 20.  I believe it's on Trimmier, just south of Stan Schleuter.

Hope that helps!

2013-12-31 12:09 PM
in reply to: Hildebeast

User image

Regular
Whites Creek, Tennessee
Subject: RE: Indoor Pools near Fort Hood
Thanks for the reply. I'll be down there in a month and need someplace to train for NOLA and when I saw the post pool closed, I got a little concerned! Thanks for the help!

Andrew
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Indoor Pools near Fort Hood Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Fort Hood for a few days in January

Started by weissjaz
Views: 1105 Posts: 6

2011-12-28 7:31 PM weissjaz

fort hood groups

Started by jlgale82
Views: 1151 Posts: 4

2011-08-26 2:53 PM hildekq

Austin pools near 620/2222?

Started by bpkbpk
Views: 1075 Posts: 2

2011-04-04 11:16 AM GregInAustin

Bike and Running Routes Near Ft. Hood/Killeen?

Started by InsertNameHere
Views: 8033 Posts: 7

2009-07-10 11:24 PM ArmyRacer

FW Indoor Pools?

Started by poke4christ
Views: 1126 Posts: 8

2008-06-20 2:25 PM texmom
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 25, 2012
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
This article will discuss the differences between TrainerRoad and PowerTap's power numbers and how to best use each of them.

date : November 5, 2010
author : FitWerx
Do you struggle to hold your power output indoors versus outdoors? The keys to this problem are due to lack of cooling and the flywheel effect.
date : January 20, 2009
author : jasongootman
In this second part, we discuss indoor, outdoor and ramp functional threshold tests to determine your power training zones. Presented by Tri-Hard coaching and Fit Werx.

date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.
date : May 5, 2008
author : TriPainter
comments : 1
I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.

date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.
date : September 4, 2004
author : priscilla
Good swimming is relaxed swimming. Relaxed swimming depends on practicing the best techniques and the best body position.

date : September 1, 2004
author : TriSports.com
As the Holiday season approaches and temperatures steadily drop, triathletes become faced with a difficult decision, to ride or not to ride.