BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-03-28 7:03 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work)

Originally posted by amd723
Originally posted by 4agoodlife
Originally posted by rrrunner

A friend posted this ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE article on FB and I found it quite amusing. I like how they use number of triathletes in the state as one of the metrics. And I like that being from Colorado and living in New Mexico I'm pretty safe. Looks like Erin is too. You Florida cats are in TROUBLE!

I can't believe with all of our gun toting crazy people that Florida ranks so low in zombie survival!
bet it's all your tourists and snowbirds.
That's probably it - all the people walking around Disney in sandals and socks ( while also sporting a wicked sun burn) takes points from our total!

Some could argue that the Zombpocalypse has already begun.     

Uhhhuhuhuhh…  must eat brains…  uhuhuhuhhhh….  and giant fried turkey legs…  uhuhuhuhhhhh….  (best approximation of zombie-speak)

2014-03-28 8:23 AM
in reply to: mcmanusclan5

User image

Master
Orlando
Originally posted by mcmanusclan5

A friend posted this ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE article on FB and I found it quite amusing. I like how they use number of triathletes in the state as one of the metrics. And I like that being from Colorado and living in New Mexico I'm pretty safe. Looks like Erin is too. You Florida cats are in TROUBLE!

I can't believe with all of our gun toting crazy people that Florida ranks so low in zombie survival!
bet it's all your tourists and snowbirds.
That's probably it - all the people walking around Disney in sandals and socks ( while also sporting a wicked sun burn) takes points from our total!

Some could argue that the Zombpocalypse has already begun.     

Uhhhuhuhuhh…  must eat brains…  uhuhuhuhhhh….  and giant fried turkey legs…  uhuhuhuhhhhh….  (best approximation of zombie-speak)

Ha, ha, that's true!
2014-03-28 9:51 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Heck-freakin-yes, Oiselle (the company that signed Lauren Fleshman and Kara Goucher) is working on a swim line http://sallybergesen.tumblr.com/post/80913505463/a-swim-story-and-why-were-in-palm-springs

I'll bet they are full into tri stuff in the relatively near future. 

Personally, I think their running gear is FAR superior to just about everything else. So, this is great news for triathlon. 

And in case you guys don't know, Lauren Fleshman is married to the triathlete Jesse Thomas (and I've got to imagine theres got to be some tri influence coming from that alone.)

Their line is really cute and looks comfortable. Like most fitness related clothing, it is priced to a point that I wait for it to go on sale/clearance.  I see that one of our local running shops carries the line (and bunches of stores in Denver). I'll have to try some on. I really like to support small companies when I can.

ETA: I am trying to get their blog through Feedly but can't get Feedly to "find" it. Ideas?

Edited by rrrunner 2014-03-28 9:54 AM
2014-03-28 9:57 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK
Originally posted by jmkizer

Mary,

I think that you had asked about Android apps that do intervals?  I didn't respond because I use a watch for that but I think that most of the popular ones do.  I was reminded because I saw a blurb about Runtastic being updated today.

I think that some people here might use Strava Run.  I've also heard good things about Endomondo and RunKeeper.

i use RunKeeper. I can't find anywhere that you can set intervals to be say 4 minutes/1 minute but you can set it so that it tells you the time since you started in all different sorts of blocks from 1 minute intervals up. I have found that it works well for me because I know how much longer I have to suck it up for before I get to slow down.

The app may have changed but here are some instructions:  http://www.houseofrunning.com/log-your-runs-track-your-progress-with-runkeeper/

2014-03-28 10:00 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by laffinrock

First little run in 10 days. Toe did okay. A bit sore, but no pain

Most horrible thing happened! The trusted 3mi porto is gone!!! No no no bueno. Only did 3.6 and last mile was 75% walking.   Guess it's time to re-route.

Glad you're back on your feet again (ba doom kish) but sorry to hear about the missing porto. I'm only run/walking a little over a mile at a time right now, but will have to figure something out as I start running longer distances. The neighbors don't take kindly to dogs squatting on their lawns; can't imagine how they'd react to a person! Please excuse the feeble attempts at humor. I'm really tired and feeling a little punchy. Now's about the time DH starts saying, "Yes, dear," then suggesting that I maybe go to bed early.

Be careful about that!  Don't be like this SF runner!

2014-03-28 10:03 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK Some news on the DH health front. He had an appointment to review his first round of test results today. At this stage the diagnosis is that 30+ years of drinking over a litre of milk a day has resulted in his stomach not functioning properly. There are some other less serious issues as well but this is causing the majority of his problems. So a light at the end of the tunnel maybe, but it means more diet changes including adding no grains to our list of no wheat, no sugar, no dairy, no soy so I'm not too sure what we are going to eat now

It sounds like a tough diet to follow but totally worth it if it gets Phil well!

2014-03-28 10:23 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master

Most horrible thing happened! The trusted 3mi porto is gone!!! No no no bueno. Only did 3.6 and last mile was 75% walking.   Guess it's time to re-route.

Glad you're back on your feet again (ba doom kish) but sorry to hear about the missing porto. I'm only run/walking a little over a mile at a time right now, but will have to figure something out as I start running longer distances. The neighbors don't take kindly to dogs squatting on their lawns; can't imagine how they'd react to a person! Please excuse the feeble attempts at humor. I'm really tired and feeling a little punchy. Now's about the time DH starts saying, "Yes, dear," then suggesting that I maybe go to bed early.

Well, that's a crappy way to behave! 

2014-03-28 10:28 AM

User image

Master

Originally posted by StaceyK Some news on the DH health front. He had an appointment to review his first round of test results today. At this stage the diagnosis is that 30+ years of drinking over a litre of milk a day has resulted in his stomach not functioning properly. There are some other less serious issues as well but this is causing the majority of his problems. So a light at the end of the tunnel maybe, but it means more diet changes including adding no grains to our list of no wheat, no sugar, no dairy, no soy so I'm not too sure what we are going to eat now

Looks like you're going Paleo

2014-03-28 11:08 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Seattle

Heck-freakin-yes, Oiselle (the company that signed Lauren Fleshman and Kara Goucher) is working on a swim line http://sallybergesen.tumblr.com/post/80913505463/a-swim-story-and-why-were-in-palm-springs

Personally, I think their running gear is FAR superior to just about everything else. So, this is great news for triathlon. 

And in case you guys don't know, Lauren Fleshman is married to the triathlete Jesse Thomas (and I've got to imagine theres got to be some tri influence coming from that alone.)

Their line is really cute and looks comfortable. Like most fitness related clothing, it is priced to a point that I wait for it to go on sale/clearance.  I see that one of our local running shops carries the line (and bunches of stores in Denver). I'll have to try some on. I really like to support small companies when I can.

ETA: I am trying to get their blog through Feedly but can't get Feedly to "find" it. Ideas?

Eh, it's quality materials made with  non-horrifying manufacturing. A premium I am willing to pay.

Dunno what feedly is?

2014-03-28 11:09 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Seattle

dun dun chhhhh!

I dunno, I have seen someone sh*t their pants in front of me in a race. When you gotta go you gotta go!

2014-03-28 11:20 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

dun dun chhhhh!

I dunno, I have seen someone sh*t their pants in front of me in a race. When you gotta go you gotta go!

Yeahhhhhh. That was big news here a few months back. I was really hoping it wouldn't make it on the the world stage.

2014-03-28 11:30 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Eh, it's quality materials made with  non-horrifying manufacturing. A premium I am willing to pay.

Dunno what feedly is?

I don't disagree and their prices aren't much/any higher than the big companies. I just can't bring myself to pay $70 for a shirt, or sports bra, or shorts. That being said, if a company that is more socially/environmentally responsible is higher priced I, too, am willing pay the premium.

2014-03-28 11:32 AM

User image

Seattle

Dunno what feedly is?

I don't disagree and their prices aren't much/any higher than the big companies. I just can't bring myself to pay $70 for a shirt, or sports bra, or shorts. That being said, if a company that is more socially/environmentally responsible is higher priced I, too, am willing pay the premium.

I think most of their stuff (shorts, bras, tech tank/t) falls in the $30-40 range

2014-03-28 12:20 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Are you using http://sallybergesen.tumblr.com/rss?

2014-03-28 12:43 PM

User image

Master

dun dun chhhhh!

hehehe...you know somebody had to say it.

Maybe if he was a runner he would've put a training potty there for her.

2014-03-28 12:49 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

March 29-30
Ann-Marie - Tomoka Half Marathon on Saturday
Adrienne - Spring Fling 10K on Saturday

Disabled list:
Darren - general malaise
Monica - neck/back (didn't stop her from going to Vegas!)
Tom - lateral collateral ligament sprain in knee (improving)
Erin - bruised toe (improving)

March 31 is Salty's birthday

2014-03-28 12:58 PM

User image

Master

Speaking of...I'm going to run again in a minute and planning out my route. May play it safe and do a short starter home loop for a "touch n go".

Bummer news. Sitter called in sick for tomorrow's ride. It was going to be our first long road ride in months. Trying to figure out a plan B.

2014-03-28 1:00 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Racing Manatees!

March 29-30

Disabled list:
Darren - general malaise

Go HANDS MARIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And GO Salty if you decide to race!!!!!!!!

Oh, and thanks for the blog link Janyne. It worked.

2014-03-28 1:01 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Speaking of...I'm going to run again in a minute and planning out my route. May play it safe and do a short starter home loop for a "touch n go".

Bummer news. Sitter called in sick for tomorrow's ride. It was going to be our first long road ride in months. Trying to figure out a plan B.

Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I was close enough to watch the kids for you

2014-03-28 1:55 PM

User image

Master

dun dun chhhhh!

I agree.  But this guys yard EVERY weekend?  That's a little weird...

2014-03-28 2:44 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Master

Short home loop worked out fine...for Mak too. Silly mom, hadn't thought of her being newly potty trained since we were last training with the stroller. 4.7mi at my usual slow run/walk pace. Pollen is out in full force (news is reporting counts are off the charts) so I'm going to need to take allergy meds for awhile. Anyone else having such issues right now?

2014-03-28 2:48 PM

User image

Master

Bummer!!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I was close enough to watch the kids for you

Me too! lol

For now, we're taking Taylor to the track tomorrow, and we'll take the extra day to see if a) she gets better or b) we can "phone a friend" for Sunday morning.

2014-03-28 3:23 PM

User image

Seattle

Go Ann!!! You are becoming a bit of a HM maniac, eh?

And yes, of course I am racing

2014-03-28 3:32 PM

User image

Master

Racing Manatees!

March 29-30

Disabled list:
Darren - general malaise

Go, you speedy gals

DL people, unmalaise, adjust, and PT yourselves!  And get me off there.

2014-03-28 3:39 PM
in reply to: bcraht

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by bcraht

dun dun chhhhh!

I agree.  But this guys yard EVERY weekend?  That's a little weird...

She is VERY regular

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014--CLOSED (begging & bribes MAY work) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

McFuzz's New Athlete Group (CLOSED) Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by McFuzz
Views: 24908 Posts: 509

2014-10-29 11:38 AM McFuzz

Baowolf's New Years Resolution Group-Closed (if are stuck with no group PM me) Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37182 Posts: 779

2014-05-23 8:02 PM Pink Socks

The Other Way - Training by Feeling and Racing to Train - OPEN Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12

Started by pfomalont
Views: 17474 Posts: 299

2014-05-19 7:15 AM marriedthepoolguy

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2015
author : Team BT
comments : 2
Are you new? Are you starting to train for your first race in 2015? Join a mentor group to get all of your questions answered.

date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.