General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Super Bowl Recipes? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-21 12:32 AM

Subject: Super Bowl Recipes?
Does anyone have any healthy recipes that they'd share so we can prepare for the big game?
I plan on a grilling some chicken breast tenderloins and then lathering them in a wingsauce. I like Louisiana Supreme wingsauce. It is like a dollar for a 12 or 16 oz bottle. I also plan to grind some wild turkey breast and make nachos with it. I got a meatless nacho recipe off of Rachel Ray's site but I think I can tweek it to fit in the turkey.Wish I had an alternative to the corn tortilla chips.
Also plan on making some ranch dip with greek yogurt and some Hidden Valley packets.

Edited by BigShow 2014-01-21 12:37 AM

2014-01-22 3:38 PM
in reply to: BigShow

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Super Bowl Recipes?
It is the Superbowl...why serve healthy foods? I eat healthy the vast majority of the time..the Superbowl is meant for "bad" foods

2014-01-23 10:59 AM
in reply to: ettringite23

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by ettringite23 It is the Superbowl...why serve healthy foods? I eat healthy the vast majority of the time..the Superbowl is meant for "bad" foods

Being that this is posted in the weight loss forum, it's a valid question.

I've been wanting to make these buffalo chicken meatballs, and maybe some pork carnitas.
Also lots of sour cream/cream cheese based dips where you can use veggies as dippers instead of chips. 
Homemade sweet potato chips or fries are fun, but a little time consuming.

We do low-carb though, definitely not low-calorie.

2014-01-23 11:25 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

windsor, Ontario
Here's a kick in the pants: I won my football pool this year so I decided to use the money to pay for all the food for the Super Bowl party: fried wedges, chicken wings, chilli, jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks etc....

AND I CAN'T EAT ANY OF IT BECAUSE I'M ON A FRIGGEN DIET!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
2014-01-25 1:51 PM

Taking a binge on game day for me would be like crashing into the gaurdrail on my bike. Chances are I would fly over it fast and violently. I have a new recipe for you though.
1 container roasted red pepper hummus and one container of greek yogurt. Take the two and blend them together. Makes a creamy dip with a little kick.
2014-01-26 11:08 PM

User image

Master
A veggie plate using this dip:
http://www.fitsugar.com/Ranch-Greek-Yogurt-Dip-18676892

I was also thinking of stuffing halved jalapenos with a mix of quinoa and cheese and topping with some crumbled bacon and green onions.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Super Bowl Recipes? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

I would trade your life for a bowl of cereal right now

Started by Zero2Athlete
Views: 1685 Posts: 16

2013-02-16 4:06 PM norcal_SAHD

Pumpkin custard recipe

Started by sue7013
Views: 772 Posts: 6

2006-11-22 10:04 AM sue7013

vege recipe

Started by lanimommi
Views: 631 Posts: 1

2006-08-10 2:46 PM lanimommi

good recipes...

Started by double_a121
Views: 980 Posts: 1

2005-01-12 1:42 PM double_a121

Gazpacho Andalus Recipe

Started by Aikane
Views: 1175 Posts: 1

2004-06-17 5:44 PM Aikane
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 30, 2013
author : Ron
comments : 1
We have new 10 and 20 week training plans for the New Year! These mini sprint plans are very conservative and will get any person thinking of training for a triathlon ready to cross the finish-line.

date : December 12, 2009
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
If you are looking for a simple, yet special, gift for your running buddy, teammate, or active friend, enjoy making one of these recipes that will be sure to please any hungry athlete.
date : October 7, 2008
author : didds
Cotswold super sprint - UK. Lots of bodies colliding, I swam half over someone, got kicked by some bloody breaststroker, and as a mob we poured towards the first buoy.

date : March 6, 2008
author : scubachic9999
comments : 4
Already a cyclist and not a bad swimmer, I figured all I had to do was build up to running a few miles and I’d be ready to go. The challenge invigorated me, and I ran out to buy new running shoes.
date : November 20, 2007
author : mrakes1
Depending on the length of your workout, there are several options to choose for a post-workout snack. Includes 3 smoothy recipes for workouts over 2-3 hours.

date : October 3, 2007
author : Nancy Clark
Whether you want to analyze your sports diet, get an answer to your questions about creatine, or find a new recipe for chicken, you can get an amazing amount of health information on the web.
date : July 10, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
Eating To Win, Eating To Live. A collection of heart-healthy recipes that fuels Ironman training. Also some pre-race thoughts before Ironman Coeur d’Alene.

date : July 30, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
Since I didn't have much time and since it's a super sprint, am I OK just go to at the training relatively hard through Thursday or even Friday?