General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Swim Meetups - Raleigh Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-01-23 7:54 PM

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: Open Water Swim Meetups - Raleigh
I know its January, and no one is thinking of open water swimming for a few more months.....but does anyone in the Raleigh area know of open water swimming meetups? 2 years ago there was a group that met out at Falls Lake, I think on Wednesday afternoons, but to my knowledge, didn't last year. Just thinking ahead.....lap swimming is already starting to bore me.

2014-02-02 10:26 AM
in reply to: #4937530

User image

Subject: RE: Open Water Swim Meetups - Raleigh
You're not the only one! I'm looking ahead and want to go ahead and get some meet ups going to practice. I saw the same post you referenced and I don't know that they meet anymore.

Would you be in interested in joining up and starting a new group (or just swimming together)?
2014-02-02 10:34 AM
in reply to: #4942898

User image

Also, this training clinic/meetup just popped up in my feed, if you're interested: https://m.facebook.com/events/242569019259391?refid=0

2014-02-03 6:26 PM
in reply to: SeanErdrich

User image

Expert
Wendell, NC
I'm looking for the same. Will let y'all know if I find anything
2014-02-05 3:19 PM
in reply to: La Tortuga

I've swam with the group at Falls lake a number of times. Here is the mytrainlocal.com schedule: https://www.racereach.com/mtl.php?page=groupcalendar&groupid=2&conte...

It hasn't been updated lately since it is winter, but I would imagine that they will put the swims on there once it warms up. I think that there were two or three swims a week...maybe Weds and Friday mornings. It was low key, but a good time. The swim is off of 98...near Hasentree. There is a map on the link above. The swim out to the point where everyone regroups is .6 miles. But if you want to do more, it is easy.
2014-02-06 1:27 PM
in reply to: Twotter

User image

, North Carolina
Thanks for the heads up....I saw that there is a group that swims Wednesday and Friday mornings.....just mornings are difficult for me, so would prefer something in the afternoon.
If anyone sees anything like that, shout it out.

I know a few people are looking for the same, so meetup or not, I may try to get a few people out at least once/week to swim in Falls or Jordan, once the weather warms up.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Swim Meetups - Raleigh Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Raleigh Open water swim

Started by micronix
Views: 1834 Posts: 5

2013-07-23 11:58 AM Twotter

Open Water Swim Groups - Raleigh Area

Started by lgolding
Views: 1374 Posts: 4

2012-05-17 12:56 PM lgolding

Open Water Swimming Raleigh??

Started by donwah
Views: 5649 Posts: 11

2011-05-04 2:22 PM fteswim

Lake Crabtree Open Water Swim Practice

Started by watsonrm
Views: 1228 Posts: 1

2006-06-25 2:45 PM watsonrm

Raleigh Triathletes: Open Water Swim Tractice?

Started by watsonrm
Views: 2012 Posts: 4

2006-05-14 6:55 AM watsonrm
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips
date : August 12, 2010
author : 10Kswim.com
comments : 2
Learn what the world's best open water swimmers look for, think about and do during a world-class open water swim and it's implications for triathletes looking to improve the swim leg of their race.

date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.
date : July 8, 2008
author : ggwellness
comments : 11
Confessions of an open water chicken. I'm OK when the water is clear and the creatures are visible; it's just when I can't see them that the panic sets in.

date : September 25, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussion on sinking hips, balance drills, open water freak-out, best breathing for open water swimming and head position.
date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.

date : June 6, 2006
author : marmadaddy
The DVD assumes little-to-no experience with competitive swimming and starts off in the pool citing the need to build confidence in a controlled environment.