Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 77

2014-04-23 10:12 AM
in reply to: LukeBoswell

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member
Subject: RE: TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around

Whoa whoa new guy! Welcome.

Today and tomorrow are my last days at my job.. bitter sweet, but mostly sweet being able to hand off projects and items knowing I'll never have to deal with them again. I know the new job will have it's own set of challenges, but for right now this is fun.

They posted my job opening online yesterday (WEIRD!!!) and I was surprised to see they are going after someone with the same amount of experience. I had assumed they would try to bump the level down to get someone in for cheaper. Good for them!

2014-04-23 10:21 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Regular
Madrid
Lisa Congrats. Have fun with the handover and leaving. I hope you have a nice break planned in between, and good luck with the new chapter.

Over here my day started with a call at 5:45 from the college daughter in the US- Dad, are you awake ? 45 minutes later I finally managed to make it out the door. Got to work, went to put my lunch in the fridge and a shelf break, a bottle of wine falls out and breaks all over the floor. And the day has been downhill from there. Home office people here all day and the rest of this week making a nuisance of themselves.
2014-04-23 10:26 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by lisac957

Today and tomorrow are my last days at my job.. bitter sweet, but mostly sweet being able to hand off projects and items knowing I'll never have to deal with them again. I know the new job will have it's own set of challenges, but for right now this is fun.

They posted my job opening online yesterday (WEIRD!!!) and I was surprised to see they are going after someone with the same amount of experience. I had assumed they would try to bump the level down to get someone in for cheaper. Good for them!

Where are you going?
2014-04-23 10:29 AM
in reply to: LukeBoswell

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by LukeBoswell
Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

We also had fancy doughnut day today...  all I have to say about that is maple bacon is freakin' DELICIOUS

Damn it! Where are these? How could anything be better?

Ohmuhgarsh - they might be the best thing ever... I'm sure other places have them too, but these came from a doughnut shop called Glazed & Infused

Sooooooo GOOD! 

2014-04-23 10:31 AM
in reply to: gr33n

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by gr33n Lisa Congrats. Have fun with the handover and leaving. I hope you have a nice break planned in between, and good luck with the new chapter. Over here my day started with a call at 5:45 from the college daughter in the US- Dad, are you awake ? 45 minutes later I finally managed to make it out the door. Got to work, went to put my lunch in the fridge and a shelf break, a bottle of wine falls out and breaks all over the floor. And the day has been downhill from there. Home office people here all day and the rest of this week making a nuisance of themselves.

EEEEEK!!  This is bad.  Really, really bad.  Please tell me it was an inexpensive bottle of wine and that you have several back-ups to fill in for the fallen soldier! 

2014-04-23 10:37 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Regular
Madrid
Cheap and half full. Or maybe the fact that it was only half full implies that it was cheap. Either way no loss. Anyway probably best that half consumed bottles of alcohol are not left sitting around too...

2014-04-23 10:37 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

We also had fancy doughnut day today...  all I have to say about that is maple bacon is freakin' DELICIOUS

Ohmuhgarsh - they might be the best thing ever... I'm sure other places have them too, but these came from a doughnut shop called Glazed & Infused

Sooooooo GOOD! 

we have this local place that makes a maple frosted bacon crumbles on top donut called a "squealer" 

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/35/1540631/restaurant/Hampton-Roads/Isle-of-Wight/Ringos-Donuts-Smithfield

they are soooooo good.

2014-04-23 10:42 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by mehaner

Sooooooo GOOD! 

we have this local place that makes a maple frosted bacon crumbles on top donut called a "squealer" 

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/35/1540631/restaurant/Hampton-Roads/Isle-of-Wight/Ringos-Donuts-Smithfield

they are soooooo good.

NOM!  Yep, looks like the same kind of thing, except the Glazed & Infused ones are a Long John style doughnut with one full strip of bacon on the glazing... so freakin' good!

Today it's ICE CREAM DAY!!!  They're bringing in Ben & Jerry's and Magnum bars for everyone.   It's a really good thing I've got a 2nd workout planned today.  

2014-04-23 10:53 AM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by mr2tony

Where are you going?

Telecom industry (Cox)! I will be manager over our regions communications group.
I will definitely miss aerospace though, it has been a ton of fun.

2014-04-23 12:07 PM

User image

Pro

Where are you going?

Telecom industry (Cox)! I will be manager over our regions communications group.

There's a  joke in there somewhere...

But, really, congrats!! 

2014-04-23 12:16 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Sooooooo GOOD! 

they are soooooo good.

NOM!  Yep, looks like the same kind of thing, except the Glazed & Infused ones are a Long John style doughnut with one full strip of bacon on the glazing... so freakin' good!

Today it's ICE CREAM DAY!!!  They're bringing in Ben & Jerry's and Magnum bars for everyone.   It's a really good thing I've got a 2nd workout planned today.  

Yum!!!

Best I've got going is that a coworker brought in some homemade marshmallow.

2014-04-23 12:19 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Had one of those moments in life you wish you could take back or be more careful this morning.

Scrambling for work today, I was balancing a couple books, my Ipad, some cup-o-soups, a golf club and other odds and ends while trying to shut the front door in WINDY conditions when the Ipad slides off the top of the stack and lands on the corner of the front step.  I opened the case hoping for the best but expecting exactly what I found.  Spider web and dented frame.

Took it to a local shop that fixes such things.  99 bucks and they can get new glass on it and try to bend the frame back in place...  Felt just sick and almost wanted to cry when I saw the damage.  NOW, I'm just furious with myself by not slowing down and being just a bit more careful or putting everything in a bag to handle easier.  But at the moment, I figured I could juggle it all - I have in the past.  But just this ONE time...

2014-04-23 12:47 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

first world probs, kido!

2014-04-23 1:02 PM

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

Where are you going?

There's a  joke in there somewhere...

But, really, congrats!! 

That's what she said.
2014-04-23 1:05 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by Kido

Had one of those moments in life you wish you could take back or be more careful this morning.

Scrambling for work today, I was balancing a couple books, my Ipad, some cup-o-soups, a golf club and other odds and ends while trying to shut the front door in WINDY conditions when the Ipad slides off the top of the stack and lands on the corner of the front step.  I opened the case hoping for the best but expecting exactly what I found.  Spider web and dented frame.

Took it to a local shop that fixes such things.  99 bucks and they can get new glass on it and try to bend the frame back in place...  Felt just sick and almost wanted to cry when I saw the damage.  NOW, I'm just furious with myself by not slowing down and being just a bit more careful or putting everything in a bag to handle easier.  But at the moment, I figured I could juggle it all - I have in the past.  But just this ONE time...

Dumas.
2014-04-23 1:14 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Sensei
Sin City

first world probs, kido!

Right - Funny thing is, I can drop 100's on other things and not bat an eye.  Nice dinner.  Night out at the bar, new grips for the golf clubs, a couple video games. 

Just the idea that now I have to shell out $100 bucks cuz I'm clumsy just sucks and gets me mad.  Plus not it won't be in warrantee and won't look good as new.  Scratch and dent, I suppose.

Thing is,  apple will fix/replace it for a flat rate.  $300.  Robbers...  They don't "fix" anything.  They swap it out, no matter what.  Then probably send it back to "refurbish" then sell it again.

2014-04-23 1:15 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Dumas.

I have my moments.  That's for sure.

2014-04-23 1:20 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

first world probs, kido!

Right - Funny thing is, I can drop 100's on other things and not bat an eye.  Nice dinner.  Night out at the bar, new grips for the golf clubs, a couple video games. 

Just the idea that now I have to shell out $100 bucks cuz I'm clumsy just sucks and gets me mad.  Plus not it won't be in warrantee and won't look good as new.  Scratch and dent, I suppose.

Thing is,  apple will fix/replace it for a flat rate.  $300.  Robbers...  They don't "fix" anything.  They swap it out, no matter what.  Then probably send it back to "refurbish" then sell it again.

Robbers or savvy businessfolk?
2014-04-23 1:30 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

first world probs, kido!

Hey, if I could get that kind of demand... 

In the mall I'm designing, we are bending over backwards to give Apple what they want to come to the mall.  They really can ask for anything and be Divas.  If you build an Apple store, they will come...  They have almost as much pull as an anchor store like Dillards or Macy's or Nordstrums.

2014-04-23 1:36 PM

User image

Pro

first world probs, kido!

In the mall I'm designing, we are bending over backwards to give Apple what they want to come to the mall.  They really can ask for anything and be Divas.  If you build an Apple store, they will come...  They have almost as much pull as an anchor store like Dillards or Macy's or Nordstrums.

I cannot stand the apple store. 

2014-04-23 1:48 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

first world probs, kido!

I really like their products.  I have been converted.  But I can't STAND the store.  I don't like how they operate, how crowded it is, how people just mill about, the whole log in your name and wait for you to be called and wait and wait...  I almost got claustrophobia sitting in one while they were trying to transfer my wife's old phone to the new one and we were there for 90 minutes - 2 hours????

Another side note.  I know this will sound terrible, BUT.  I'm impressed they hire a lot of disabled people.  Seems they make a point of it.  But our sales person was blind.  Honestly, nice guy, and could tell you about the stuff - but a smart phone is VERY visual.  He couldn't operate one but was trying to sell it to me.  I was being patient, but it got difficult because he couldn't SHOW me how anything worked....   There may just be positions some people can't do because of disabilities.  Not that they should be hired, but hired an put into positions they are more effective in.

Edited by Kido 2014-04-23 1:52 PM

2014-04-23 1:53 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

first world probs, kido!

Too fancy for a grunt like you, no doubt.
2014-04-23 2:31 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Sometimes I jusy have to scratch my head at the judicial system.

Since when is video surveillance, police report,  eye witness tetsimony and co defendant naming of a person not enough on a probable casue hearing? Such a waste of a day.

2014-04-23 3:28 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

first world probs, kido!

You could not pay me to use Apple products.

2014-04-23 3:58 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

I am turning in my company iPhone tomorrow and picked up a Motorolla smart phone of some sort last night. I didn't even look at it, I let the sales guy pick one out for me - from the ones I could get with my trade-in at no cost. They area ll the same to me if they are not an iPhone

It's very strange switching systems - I keep trying to press the home button that's not there - but I actually like the size of the new one better. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  

of 77

RELATED POSTS

TAN #180 Degrees (Turn Around, Every Now and Then) Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70

Started by TriAya
Views: 38879 Posts: 1749

2012-09-06 4:00 PM NRG42

TAN #160: Just farTAN' around as usual ... Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64

Started by TriAya
Views: 32526 Posts: 1598

2012-02-08 2:48 PM FoggyGoggles

FHA 203(k) and Fannie HomeStyle Rennovation Mortgages?

Started by phoenixazul
Views: 1177 Posts: 6

2011-09-15 9:57 PM Bripod

203(k) Loans

Started by kmanus
Views: 707 Posts: 3

2009-12-19 10:32 PM tetchypoo

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4757 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.