Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 77

2014-04-23 4:34 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around

Originally posted by lisac957

I am turning in my company iPhone tomorrow and picked up a Motorolla smart phone of some sort last night. I didn't even look at it, I let the sales guy pick one out for me - from the ones I could get with my trade-in at no cost. They area ll the same to me if they are not an iPhone

It's very strange switching systems - I keep trying to press the home button that's not there - but I actually like the size of the new one better. 

My iPhone 4s that I've had for allllllllmost 2 years has now decided that it doesn't like to make noises and doesn't want to send emails to me, but somehow the morning alarm still works - which, arguably, is more important than either of the other 2.

Of course, I still have 2 months to wait until I can trade the sucker in for a new phone.  Sigh.  First world problems.  

2014-04-23 4:35 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
Checkin' out the podium girls
Originally posted by jford2309

Sometimes I jusy have to scratch my head at the judicial system.

Since when is video surveillance, police report,  eye witness tetsimony and co defendant naming of a person not enough on a probable casue hearing? Such a waste of a day.

Judges, who are lawyers, working with two supposed competing lawyers who know each other from doing lawyer stuff. Incestuous circle of self-protection. Very rarely does justice or fairness enter into it. The more lawyer stuff they do, the more they win.
2014-04-23 4:50 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

I am turning in my company iPhone tomorrow and picked up a Motorolla smart phone of some sort last night. I didn't even look at it, I let the sales guy pick one out for me - from the ones I could get with my trade-in at no cost. They area ll the same to me if they are not an iPhone

It's very strange switching systems - I keep trying to press the home button that's not there - but I actually like the size of the new one better. 

My iPhone 4s that I've had for allllllllmost 2 years has now decided that it doesn't like to make noises and doesn't want to send emails to me, but somehow the morning alarm still works - which, arguably, is more important than either of the other 2.

Of course, I still have 2 months to wait until I can trade the sucker in for a new phone.  Sigh.  First world problems.  

My phone was shutting itself off, but then I had AT&T deactivate it.

I'm trying out Ting right now (no contract, pay for what you use) with a Google Nexus. It's awesome. If my usage trend stays the same for the next two weeks as it was for the last two weeks, my bill will be $32. 

I might enjoy this.

ETA: downside - having to outright buy a phone when I was due for my upgrade :-P

Edited by ratherbeswimming 2014-04-23 5:00 PM
2014-04-23 5:57 PM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Pro

Oohh... 70 degrees and rain in the forecast for Saturday. Sort of looking forward to it

The thermometer in my car read triple digits this week. I know it reads higher than outside temp most of the time... but really, Tucson, it's not even May yet!

2014-04-24 9:26 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by ratherbeswimming

I'm trying out Ting right now (no contract, pay for what you use) with a Google Nexus. It's awesome. If my usage trend stays the same for the next two weeks as it was for the last two weeks, my bill will be $32. 

I might enjoy this.

ETA: downside - having to outright buy a phone when I was due for my upgrade :-P

How's the coverage with them?  What network(s) does it use?   Do you get 4G data speeds?

2014-04-24 10:36 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

I might enjoy this.

I'm debating whether I would get another iPhone or not...  the Samsung Galaxy 5S and the HTC One are apparently the "best smartphones" out there right now.  I don't know what to do... stick with what I know with Apple, or go with something completely different?  

2014-04-24 10:38 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
Chicago

I might enjoy this.

I'm debating whether I would get another iPhone or not...  the Samsung Galaxy 5S and the HTC One are apparently the "best smartphones" out there right now.  I don't know what to do... stick with what I know with Apple, or go with something completely different?  

I am also torn. Should we go to the store and see what they offer us? My phone is all but dead. Even deadier than yours. At least yours gets the interweb.
2014-04-24 10:38 AM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Oohh... 70 degrees and rain in the forecast for Saturday. Sort of looking forward to it

The thermometer in my car read triple digits this week. I know it reads higher than outside temp most of the time... but really, Tucson, it's not even May yet!

When I first read this I was thinking about all the cold parts of the country and how 70 would be a warm day for them, instead you are looking forward to a cool day!

2014-04-24 10:46 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro

Originally posted by cgregg

I might enjoy this.

How's the coverage with them?  What network(s) does it use?   Do you get 4G data speeds?

It uses Sprint's network - the coverage is comparable to them. I get 4G LTE where it exists.

2014-04-24 10:53 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Someone is having a bad day...

Bunch of cops came racing by me this morning in my subdivision.  Apparently, someone went around trying to stab people and is now on the roof of a house and throwing clay tiles downs at the cops...

I'm missing a couple tiles, may be I can pick a few up, cheap?

2014-04-24 10:59 AM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by mr2tony

I might enjoy this.

I am also torn. Should we go to the store and see what they offer us? My phone is all but dead. Even deadier than yours. At least yours gets the interweb.

Yours is WAY deadier than mine is... we should maybe think of going in and seeing what we can get since our phones hate us.  

2014-04-24 11:00 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Kido

Bunch of cops came racing by me this morning in my subdivision.  Apparently, someone went around trying to stab people and is now on the roof of a house and throwing clay tiles downs at the cops...

What are you waiting for???  Do the tiles match?  Are they intact?  Go get some!  

(just watch out for flying knives and/or bullets)  

2014-04-24 11:02 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

whoa...i'm expecting updates on this story.

2014-04-24 11:04 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago

It's Nevada, can't they just shoot him for destroying property?
2014-04-24 11:38 AM

User image

Pro

What are you waiting for???  Do the tiles match?  Are they intact?  Go get some!  

Does it matter if roof tiles match? 

2014-04-24 11:55 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Does it matter if roof tiles match? 

Hmmm.... If the roof is visible - it would matter to me...  but I'm also a little OCD about that kind of thing.   

If it doesn't matter to Kido then it's merely a matter of whether they're intact or not... and if the standoff has finished.  Do we have an update yet???  

2014-04-24 12:07 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

This is all within .5 - 1 mile from the house?  I know that sounds far, but as we all know, it's not...  5000 feet, yo....

I didn't search too long to see if something changed, BUT from an hour ago... 

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Las Vegas police are on the scene of a standoff in the Desert Shores area.

According to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, the incident began around 7 a.m. this morning.

Police received calls from people in the area who said a man, who seemed to be disturbed, walking up and down the street talking to himself. The callers were concerned he may have a knife.

LVMPD sent an officer to check it out and the man assaulted the police officer with a knife that had a 12-inch blade. It is not believed that the officer was injured during the confrontation.

The man then climbed up on top of a roof and began throwing rock at the police officers. The house is located on Secret Harbor Court, near Mariner and Regatta drives.

The police have now evacuated residents in the surrounding area and are attempting to resolve the situation.

Action News will update this story as soon as more information is received.

2014-04-24 12:15 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

This is all within .5 - 1 mile from the house?  I know that sounds far, but as we all know, it's not...  5000 feet, yo....

I didn't search too long to see if something changed, BUT from an hour ago... 

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- Las Vegas police are on the scene of a standoff in the Desert Shores area.

According to the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, the incident began around 7 a.m. this morning.

Police received calls from people in the area who said a man, who seemed to be disturbed, walking up and down the street talking to himself. The callers were concerned he may have a knife.

LVMPD sent an officer to check it out and the man assaulted the police officer with a knife that had a 12-inch blade. It is not believed that the officer was injured during the confrontation.

The man then climbed up on top of a roof and began throwing rock at the police officers. The house is located on Secret Harbor Court, near Mariner and Regatta drives.

The police have now evacuated residents in the surrounding area and are attempting to resolve the situation.

Action News will update this story as soon as more information is received.

Where's Tackleberry when you need him?
2014-04-24 12:26 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

must be a universal time for phones to be on the fritz.  Mine doesn't ring sometimes.  It will beep with a text or a message but not ring,  No idea.  I am personally anti-apple as well.  I have an iPod and I hate it.  I hate iTunes and I REALLY hate apple stores and that I have to make a frigging appt. with a "genius" to get simple question answered.  So dumb. 

Kido hope everyone in your neighborhood is safe.  Thats crazy!

2014-04-24 12:31 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Sensei
Sin City

So much hate! 

Yeah, I'm sure they have it under control.  But the evil kid side of me?  I want to see them tazar him, go down like a limp doll, slide from the roof and fall from eave to eave and then end up updsidedown in some bushes or something.  That would be funneh...

2014-04-24 12:53 PM

User image

Pro

So much hate! 

Yeah, I'm sure they have it under control.  But the evil kid side of me?  I want to see them tazar him, go down like a limp doll, slide from the roof and fall from eave to eave and then end up updsidedown in some bushes or something.  That would be funneh...

Now THAT would be entertaining!

2014-04-24 1:50 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Trying to keep my big girl panties on and not get weepy in my last hours at this job!
Had my farewell lunch and got a super sweet going away card. An executive was at the same restaurant we went to and gave me a hug. 
NO CRYING! 

2014-04-24 1:57 PM

User image

Champion
Chicago

So much hate! 

If that happens, and you don't get video, I won't forgive you.
2014-04-24 2:37 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

I might enjoy this.

It uses Sprint's network - the coverage is comparable to them. I get 4G LTE where it exists.

Cool.  I may have to look into this.  I own my phone outright, already... so this shouldn't be too bad to switch to.

2014-04-24 2:44 PM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro

I might enjoy this.

Cool.  I may have to look into this.  I own my phone outright, already... so this shouldn't be too bad to switch to.

I figured I got nothing to lose. If I hate them, there is no contract, and I have a phone. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » TAN #203: TANese New Year - Horsing Around Rss Feed  

of 77

RELATED POSTS

TAN #180 Degrees (Turn Around, Every Now and Then) Pages: 1 ... 67 68 69 70

Started by TriAya
Views: 38909 Posts: 1749

2012-09-06 4:00 PM NRG42

TAN #160: Just farTAN' around as usual ... Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64

Started by TriAya
Views: 32566 Posts: 1598

2012-02-08 2:48 PM FoggyGoggles

FHA 203(k) and Fannie HomeStyle Rennovation Mortgages?

Started by phoenixazul
Views: 1183 Posts: 6

2011-09-15 9:57 PM Bripod

203(k) Loans

Started by kmanus
Views: 710 Posts: 3

2009-12-19 10:32 PM tetchypoo

To tan or not to tan - and I do not mean TAN Pages: 1 2

Started by The Nat
Views: 4765 Posts: 44

2009-03-08 12:02 PM hooslisa
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : February 23, 2009
author : mat steinmetz
I will be 20 this summer and am planning on doing Ironman Montreal. This will be my first year of triathlon, can I do this and stay away from injuries?

date : January 29, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
To help implement your resolutions (or those of your friends and family members), I recommend the following books, most of which are written by nutrition experts: registered dietitians (RD).
date : January 10, 2005
author : malvey
Incentives for making and keeping resolutions for your next year.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Ron
The following is my 'new years resolution' for 2003.