General Discussion Triathlon Talk » post-workout meals Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-06 3:13 PM

Subject: post-workout meals
hi everyone...my idea was to give you my post-workout meals and get suggestions from you for cheap and efficient meals after training :D
so,first,is a cup of greek yogurt 0-2% fat with 50 gr oats and 50 gr raisins and one teaspoon of honey....great source of protein (about 25 gr) and 75 gr carbs with 5gr healthy unsaturated fat...
secondly i have about a scoop of whey protein,a banana,some raisins (about 40gr) and 30 gr 'pasteli' ( a greek sweet made from sesame and honey...sorry i don't know the english translation... )
and finally my favourite,is a mixed juice...i pour in a multi,half an apple,1/2 banana,orange juice (2-3 oranges),10-15 hazelnuts,1 teaspoon honey,a pinch of cinnamon,50 gr oats and a scoop of whey protein...you mix it all together and get a great juice,best served with ice :D gives me about 30 gr protein,80 gr carbs and 10 gr unsaturated fat + it keeps me full for hours
these are my post-workout meals,i would be very happy if you have any suggestions for other,moslty cheap meals...propably say what do you use !!
thanks,
george :D

2015-01-15 1:26 PM
in reply to: geobest

Subject: RE: post-workout meals
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » post-workout meals Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Pre workout breakfast meal...Advice needed

Started by Lukasz
Views: 12284 Posts: 7

2008-09-25 10:24 PM bachorb

Pre/Post Workout Food - separate from planned meals?

Started by dar89
Views: 1033 Posts: 2

2008-05-29 12:33 PM VeganMan

Post WO meal

Started by tanyab
Views: 1163 Posts: 10

2007-07-17 12:28 PM rollinsw

What's your prerace/long workout meal?

Started by trilover
Views: 1650 Posts: 19

2005-03-10 6:30 PM Tiger Phil

Post-workout nutrition

Started by Kevin Hatton
Views: 2105 Posts: 13

2005-01-31 7:21 PM sty
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!

date : June 5, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
By adequately fueling with protein and carbohydrates within 30-minutes post workout, consecutive workouts will be more successful.
date : May 20, 2008
comments : 3
Are your long workouts approaching 3 hours? Can't seem to eat enough or time your nutrition? Use the following calorie recommendations and recipes to create your own meal plan.

date : February 18, 2008
Getting ready for a long workout? Here are some nutritional guidelines on how best to fuel your body in preparation for that long workout.
date : November 20, 2007
Depending on the length of your workout, there are several options to choose for a post-workout snack. Includes 3 smoothy recipes for workouts over 2-3 hours.

date : November 4, 2007
comments : 4
What you eat prior to your workout will determine your energy levels during a workout. What you eat after a workout will determine how quickly you recover.
date : September 24, 2007
Discussions on salt tablets, AM workout nutrition, coffee, post workout nutrition, whey powder, recovery nutrition, losing weight, Recoverite usage, the necessity of sugars and snack ideas.

date : February 8, 2007
author : AMSSM
I find this is occurring after almost every workout. The pattern is always the same: freezing 10 min after a workout and 2 hours to warm up again. I am not sick. My diet is healthy.