General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Emmett's Most Excellent Triathlon - Olympic Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-02-17 2:43 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Subject: Emmett's Most Excellent Triathlon - Olympic Course : Official Thread

Back to Emmett after a couple seasons being away.  Who's WITH ME?  Good news is the roads shouldn't be chip-sealed again this year.

Edited by jeffnboise 2014-02-17 2:44 AM

2014-03-09 12:18 PM
in reply to: jeffnboise

User image

Subject: RE: Emmett's Most Excellent Triathlon - Olympic Course : Official Thread
I'm in. It will be my first go at an Oly. I have the boise 70.3 and the Les Bois xterra sprint before this one, so I have no idea how messed up my pacing will be. I kind of have to do it, because it is in my home town. You can't pass up quality races that you can sleep in your own bed for

I have my "secret" goals, ( certain people that I have to beat), but I haven't figured out what my goal time is for the event.

I did the sprint last year and really enjoyed it, as it was my first road tri, and my second tri ever.
2014-07-12 2:36 AM
in reply to: Mtnwesttri

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho
Subject: RE: Emmett's Most Excellent Triathlon - Olympic Course : Official Thread

I signed up for the Les Bois Xterra-Sprint.  Holy Crap that big course is HARD!

2014-07-12 6:32 AM

User image

I'll be there myself, attacking the sprint course as well. I did the xterra last year. It was my first triathlon, 65 lbs ago, on 2 weeks of training. Needless to say, I was unprepared

My nephews comment on the course was perfect. He said something to the effect, "The whole time on the bike it was either this course is killing me, or this course is TRYING TO KILL ME!"
2014-07-20 9:25 PM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Yeah, the "gorge" section is tough for me.  I'm going to go with platform pedals and maybe wear my running shoes.  I'll practice that one more time before race day.  Good Luck!

2014-07-20 10:31 PM

User image

I remember having the rocks knock my feet out of my SPD pedals several times before I gave in and hiked the worst of the rock garden. Old school 26" MTN bike didn't have enough clearance at times. I'll stick with the MTN bike shoes. Unless I have a mechanical failure they will gain me more than I lose on the course, even if I hike the rock garden again.

I might try to ride the course on Wed with tri-town. I haven't totally committed, but I would really like to get a pre-run this year.

2014-07-21 12:14 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

The plan is to run the "Groin" on Wed. after the bike loop.  Several people even swim at 5:00.  Swim was moved to park below the reservoir.

2014-07-21 11:35 PM

User image

Are they allowing pre-running on the groin? I thought it was off limits according to the website.

Regardless, I've ran it once (last year) I'm not going to gain any fitness running it on Wed Even if it's open, I'll take a pass
2014-07-25 1:35 AM

User image

Expert
Boise, Idaho

Joe,

Nice riding with you the other night.  I'll likely see you at the starting line Sat. morning.  Best of luck to ya.  BTW:  You freaking ROCK that old-school Kestrel.  NICE!!

2014-07-27 11:19 AM

User image

That was fun, the one thing the RD got right was the pre-race activities.

As for the kestral, it is a rocking old bike , but I was sure wishing for suspension and 29's on Saturday. I came out of the water around 8th or so (according to my wife), but finished 20th. I was passed by so many bikes in the technical stuff it was pretty disheartening. I could out-crank most of those guys, I just couldn't keep any speed through the really bad sections. I got back some of those spots on the run, but not enough...

If I do it next year I will be on a modern bike. I love the kestral, and my other old bike, but they just can't hang with 29's and suspension

Time to take a day off, then get back into training. Emmett's in two weeks
2014-08-08 5:54 PM

User image

Hope you all trained up. I tapered more than I wanted to, but I feel ready to go. Time to pick up the packet (with a freaking t shirt ), eat a good dinner and get some rest. Lets see what my first oly has in store.

Good luck tomorrow

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Emmett's Most Excellent Triathlon - Olympic Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Emmett's Most Excellent Tri

Started by Cochip
Views: 3014 Posts: 18

2013-06-30 9:57 PM action_hack

Burley Idaho Lions Spudman Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by bradword
Views: 3711 Posts: 5

2012-07-10 7:48 AM ingleshteechur

Coeur d'Alene Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by amandabc123
Views: 7703 Posts: 17

2013-06-07 6:41 PM NLG

Coeur d'Alene Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by dws.ridesere
Views: 2679 Posts: 8

2010-08-06 9:54 AM mark.evans

Emmett "Most Excellent Tri"

Started by jeffnboise
Views: 3703 Posts: 5

2010-08-05 9:21 AM Visionaires
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 2, 2010
author : HerveB
comments : 8
I looked at the swim buoys and start thinking, "Man! How am I ever going to swim that? That looks like a very long distance from the bridge. I have never done it in one go." There's no turning back.

date : October 20, 2008
author : araqnid
comments : 0
After doing duathlons for the last couple of years, I decided to go for a triathlon. Starting with an Olympic-distance race perhaps wasn't wise, but it was fun (of a sort).
date : February 5, 2008
author : Team BT
Complete course preview of the North East triathlon on 8/17/2008 featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : December 3, 2007
author : Team BT
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:

date : September 1, 2004
author : infosteward
Experts agree, doing a “mock,” triathlon on the course you’re racing can aid you in your training; performance and most of all quell some nervous energy.
date : August 30, 2004
author : Ron
A couch to olympic triathlon training program. These programs will take you from a walk/run program, to a sprint, then to an olympic.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week olympic triathlon training plans.