BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2014-06-05 9:43 AM
in reply to: wbayek

User image

Subject: RE: Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN
First triathlon is this Saturday.

Last night I did a short bike-run brick (12 mile on the bike and 2 running) wearing my newly acquired Zoot tri shorts. The shorts were very comfortable, but they were not wet. I guess I should have biked and run in them wet once huh?

My question... body glide: how much, where, and when.

This is a pool swim and I will walk through the locker room in t-1. Should I wear the tri shorts the whole race or change in t-1. I could do swimsuit to running shorts... it is only a 12 mile ride. Thoughts?

I guess everyone has been through this... my mind is going a hundred miles an hour. You know... How fast? What to drink? Gu or no Gu?

This looks good though.
? Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 59. Light and variable wind.
? Saturday Sunny, with a high near 83. West wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the morning

2014-06-05 9:55 AM
in reply to: mambos

User image

NH
Originally posted by mambos

Now this is customer Service, I have been having problems with spikes on trainer road and have assumed it was the battery going out. About 45 minutes after "The Wretched" I received the following e-mail. (These guys are doing something right and I am becoming a big fan!)

Rob Bradford (Trainer Road)Jun 04 05:04 PM

Hey Matt,

Sorry to bug you, I was going through the workout feed and noticed that your last couple rides have been having power spikes. It looks like this might be due to the magnet on your speed and cadence sensor clipping or not registering for every rotation.If the magnet is too close to the sensor it might clip and double your speed. If it's too far away it might not register every time and could cut your power in half. If you get a chance, let's have you try checking the positioning of your speed & cadence sensor and the magnet so that it registers only once per revolution.

Let me know if that does the trick!

Rob BradfordCustomer [email protected]

Matt, I've had the same experience with them whenever I've had a question. They are uber responsive, and they are continually adding more cool features. Head to head racing with FTP (to even the playing field for all) is coming!
2014-06-05 9:57 AM
in reply to: DirkP

User image

NH
Jonny, that Oly experience sounded great. I like that distance, it's just long enough to require more thinking and a nutrition plan but short enough to really go to the pain cave.

Joanne - so glad to hear that your knee pain is improved. I know just moving the seat a quarter of an inch can make a huge difference, so sounds like you were quite a bit out of optimum position! Highly recommend a bike fit for everyone with your next pile of tri money. A good fit is some of the best $$$ you can spend on this sport.
2014-06-05 10:16 AM
in reply to: Captain_Chris

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Originally posted by Captain_Chris

First triathlon is this Saturday.

Last night I did a short bike-run brick (12 mile on the bike and 2 running) wearing my newly acquired Zoot tri shorts. The shorts were very comfortable, but they were not wet. I guess I should have biked and run in them wet once huh?

My question... body glide: how much, where, and when.

This is a pool swim and I will walk through the locker room in t-1. Should I wear the tri shorts the whole race or change in t-1. I could do swimsuit to running shorts... it is only a 12 mile ride. Thoughts?

I guess everyone has been through this... my mind is going a hundred miles an hour. You know... How fast? What to drink? Gu or no Gu?

This looks good though.
? Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 59. Light and variable wind.
? Saturday Sunny, with a high near 83. West wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the morning

Chris if it were me I'd just go with the tri shorts for the entire race. If you feel comfortable with them then that is the way to go IMO. You save time in transition and they will dry out pretty quickly. I'm assuming since it is a pool swim so no wetsuit involved here. I don't normally use body glide for short races like this and for the nutrition it is minimal. I'll eat a good breakfast and will have a bottle of sports drink for the bike and possibly the run. How much I drink will depend on the weather. If I feel I need to eat anything during the race I go with a pack of cliff shot blocks instead of the gels but they do the trick for me if I need something during the race. Take whatever you feel you need for your nutrition and have it with you even if you don't use it at least you have it. Don't worry or stress too much either just have fun and do your best this weekend.
2014-06-05 10:30 AM
in reply to: strikyr

User image

NH
I agree with Anthony in the tri shorts - or I've even done a spint in running compression shorts with no real problems. I generally don't use body glide for anything under a half, and for a sprint I don't eat anything.

The harder the effort, the harder it is to handle nutrition, and the sprint effort is so close to redline that I really don't know that there would be much absorption. BUT - do what you've been comfortable with in your training. I do train with minimal nutrition, so maybe that's something to keep in mind.

Overall, relax, don't stress, and ENJOY the race! You will do great.

2014-06-05 4:01 PM

User image

Veteran
Redding, CA

Cap'n,

Just as the others have said I'd go with the tri shorts for the whole event. I wouldn't use body-glide for a sprint unless you tend to have chafing on your training rides or runs. If that is the case then apply liberally to the areas where you are prone to chafing. In my Olympic Tri last Sunday I didn't use body-glide and I was fine.

I drink water on the bike during most of my sprints, but I've even gone without water during one before too.

I've taken one Gu about mid way on the bike course during a sprint before. I don't know how much benefit you get from a Gu during the event, but I liked going through the motions of it and it probably at least provided a mental boost knowing I had the extra available energy in me.

I wouldn't take anything but water during the run.

Just go into the race with the intent of having a great time. I spent most of my first one reveling in the memories of obstacles that I had overcome to get there and I just had a big grin on my face all day long.

You are going to do great!

2014-06-05 8:53 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio
Originally posted by Captain_ChrisFirst triathlon is this Saturday. Last night I did a short bike-run brick (12 mile on the bike and 2 running) wearing my newly acquired Zoot tri shorts. The shorts were very comfortable, but they were not wet. I guess I should have biked and run in them wet once huh?My question... body glide: how much, where, and when. This is a pool swim and I will walk through the locker room in t-1. Should I wear the tri shorts the whole race or change in t-1. I could do swimsuit to running shorts... it is only a 12 mile ride. Thoughts?I guess everyone has been through this... my mind is going a hundred miles an hour. You know... How fast? What to drink? Gu or no Gu?This looks good though.? Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 59. Light and variable wind. ? Saturday Sunny, with a high near 83. West wind around 5 mph becoming light and variable in the morning
don't stress the little stuff, all you need to worry about during your 1st tri is making it into the water and running across the finish line. In the middle it's all about having fun and enjoying the moment. No worries, everything will fall into place.
2014-06-05 9:02 PM

User image

Veteran
Ft. Lauderdale
Chris.... ^^ what everybody else said..... Just enjoy the experience. You'll be fine.

I am packed and ready to fly to Grand Rapids tomorrow morning for the HIM on Sunday.... the forecast is 59/73 with wind at 6/8 mph mostly cloudy ... I'm feeling ok about it. i just had a lot of work the past few days... so I'll be able to run and bike part of the course on Friday and Saturday.

I'll keep you posted....
2014-06-06 7:20 PM
in reply to: tmoons

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY
Chris good luck this weekend with your sprint tri, remember have fun and enjoy the experience.

Terry have a safe trip and good luck this weekend in Grand Rapids, be safe, have fun and have a great race. Make the Junkies the proud.
2014-06-06 9:08 PM
in reply to: strikyr

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Chris good luck with your first triathalon!

Terry good luck to you too!
2014-06-07 4:02 AM
in reply to: Jo63

User image

Veteran
Nova Scotia, Canada
Chris and Terry, best of luck this weekend. Hope you guys rock it and gave a blast.

2014-06-07 4:20 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx
Originally posted by Jo63

Will do you have allergies? If so it could be excess fluid in you sinuses backing up into your ears, and a Nasal spray would help.

Tony sorry to bug you again on this could you post exactly what infinit products you use?

Jo, any specific kind of nasal spray? I've never used it... ha

2014-06-07 4:21 PM
in reply to: pistuo

User image

Extreme Veteran
Tx
Anyone got an update on Chris' race today? Was Terry racing today or tomorrow?
2014-06-07 6:19 PM
in reply to: wbayek

User image

I had a great day!! My first triathlon is in the books. 1:34:51

Thanks to everyone here for all of the advice and all of the support!

Pre Race

I woke up showered and was out the door at 0615. The plan was to be at Chick-Fil-A when they opened at 0630 for an iced tea and a bagel with Cream Cheese, but they were out of bagels, so, I grabbed a tea and hit Panera for the bagel.

Arrived at the race site at 0700, checked in, found a nice space on the end of a rack, close to the exit and started getting my area ready. I had created a check list that helped. At about 0750 they had a short meeting and announced there would be two heats, the ladies would go first followed by the men. I had a caffeinated Gu about 15-20 minutes before the start.

Swim

The swim was 15 lengths of an 8 lane, 50 meter pool, with a 1 second space between swimmers. I was 3 off in my lane and was eventually passed by all but one of the 6 other guys in my lane. I ended up behind a guy for the last few lengths and finally past him on the last length when I knew no one would be coming back at us. I wore my Garmin 620 with the GPS off and hit the lap button every length and stopped it before I got out of the pool.

17:48

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/515542578

T-1

A short run from the pool to the bike, put my shades, HRM, number belt, shoes and helmet on and headed out. It went pretty well, except I initially tried to put my shoes on standing up. Lesson learned, and I set down. There was no rule restricting where you could get on the bike, so I didn't have to run in my cycling shoes.

Bike

I had a little trouble clicking in, but it wasn't bad, forgot to start my Garmin 500 and should have had the chain on the big ring, as it was flat with an immediate downhill. I got the Garmin started about halfway down the hill and passed several riders right away and was passed by one guy about a mile in. He walked away from me slowly and I passed on more guy about mile 11 or 12 other than that I didn’t see anyone. The last hill was tough.

18.0 MPH average at an 88% of Max heart rate average. 6mph out the NW had me into the wind for a mile or so.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/515797083

T-2

Changed shoes standing up, grabbed a sip of water and off I went. I was shocked to be coming out or transition with the guy (very fast) that runs the local running club. I thought “wow I must be doing pretty well”.

Run

The run started with a half a mile downhill that I knew I was going to have to come back up to finish and honestly, it scared me… I think held too much back and could have done the run a minute or two quicker than I did, but I am still very happy. 29:52 average HR 89% of max.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/515542625

Total time was 1:34:51. I went in thinking 100 minutes, but really had no idea.

Please critique, advice and question. I need to learn as much as I can from this event. What should I be thinking about?

I am registered for the Nations Triathlon, an Olympic in Washington DC, with a Potomac River swim on 7 September. I might try to find another sprint, but I am not sure if I should or can. Thoughts?
2014-06-07 7:59 PM
in reply to: pistuo

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Originally posted by pistuo

Originally posted by Jo63

Will do you have allergies? If so it could be excess fluid in you sinuses backing up into your ears, and a Nasal spray would help.

Tony sorry to bug you again on this could you post exactly what infinit products you use?

Jo, any specific kind of nasal spray? I've never used it... ha

I have a prescription spay,that I use only when allergies get really bad, but I have heard nasonex works well, just don't use it too often.
2014-06-07 9:33 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Redding, CA

**CAUTION GORY DETAILS AHEAD**

Hey Junkies,

While out on my morning ride today I was descending on a pretty popular local route that I had just climbed and I went down pretty hard in a curve. It was at an intersection that is more of a Y that comes in just at the bottom of a hill. The road curves left and the Y comes in from the right. I was too close to the center double yellow paint stripes coming into the curve and there are 4 or 5 raised reflectors that mark the centerline at the intersection right in the middle of the curve. At somewhere around 35 mph I realized I was either going to hit one of them or I wasn't going to make the rest of the curve. I stood the bike up a little to miss the reflectors and gave it some rear brake to try and slow enough for the curve. The back tire started to slide and then I was down and sliding across the pavement with the bike sliding ahead of me. It seemed like forever before I came to a stop, but I'm sure it was no more than 20 feet. I kept my chin tucked to my chest as I slid and that helped keep me from any head contact with the ground (thank you Kung Fu training). When I stopped I tried to assess where it hurt and if anything felt broken. I couldn't put pressure on my left hand without wrist pain and I couldn't lift my left arm without shoulder pain. Everywhere else except my head seemed to have wounds ranging from light scrapes to the full on hamburger of road rash. I was laying on my back and when I stood up I moved my left hand to brush gravel from my rear end and the hand came back pretty bloody. I moved the bike out of the road, grabbed my cell phone from the top tube pack and called home to ask my wife to come pick me up since I wouldn't be able to ride in my condition.

Fortunately I was only about 6 or 7 miles from home. In the 20 minutes it took her to arrive I had several other cyclists stop and check on me. I do love the camaraderie of the bicycling community.

I had my wife drive me home first where she cut what was left of the bike shorts off and I got into the shower to scrub as much of the gravel out of my wounds as I could before heading to see my chiropractor and then to the walk in clinic. The scrubbing of the wounds was excruciating, but I new it would be worse if I left it all to the Doctor so I did as much as I could stand.

After the Doctor scrubbed the wounds off I felt bad for the nurse having to spend so much time spreading burn cream on my backside and then having to bandage me up, but she said, "I'm really sorry this happened to you, but thanks for coming in. This is a lot more exciting than ear infections and colds."

So for now I'm bandaged up on both cheeks and my left arm, there is a wrist brace on my left arm, and I'm barely moving. I've been laying down and thinking of all the training I'm going to miss while healing. I haven't given up home on Vineman 70.3 but it is in 5 weeks and I was just about to enter the peak phase of my training.

Anyway there were some bright points. Had I slid off the road right there I would have ended up in poison oak or hit a telephone pole, neither one happened. I somehow had clear cell reception in an area that is usually spotty at best and our insurance deductible has now been reached for the year.

I hope everyone else is having a safe day of training and racing.

Edited by JonnyVero 2014-06-07 9:38 PM

2014-06-08 11:52 AM
in reply to: JonnyVero

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio

Vero. that sounds like a rough day!  and yeah the worse part is scrubbing the gravel.  Take time to recover and rest and you will be back at it in no time.

2014-06-08 12:10 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sidney, Ohio

I completed the strawberryfest 10K today, even thought it took a quite a bit of motivation to even go to the race.  I had my 20 year class Reunion Saturday night which involved a few chicken wings and way too much beer.  I think i made it home around 12am so when my alarm starting screaming at 5:30am to get moving I almost threw it across the room.  Finally around 5:50am I was able to get moving and headed out the door only to find it raining extremely hard.  So the 2nd time I questioned whether I should just stay home.

Anyway, made it to the race and did a short warm-up and headed to the start line.  Since it was a 10K not a whole lot of details, as normal I took off out of the gate too fast and had to hold my self back.  By Mile 2 I had found a decent pace and was able to hold it for the majority of the run.  By the last mile I still felt somewhat decent but my legs were starting to get heavy.  I pushed the pace as much as possible but there wasn't much left, what was left was enough to finish with a final time of 45:45 which turns out to be a new PR by 1s.  A whole second   I didn't even realize it until I was home and looking through last years results.  Below are the splots

(Capture.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Capture.JPG (49KB - 9 downloads)
2014-06-08 7:29 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
John, I am so sorry you crashed I hope you heal quickly, I am sure you will be good to go for your race.

Matt nice job!! maybe I will consider beer and wings as my night before race meal
2014-06-08 7:31 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

There's been a lot going on this weekend!  3 people racing and one crashing his bike for the first time.

Chris and Terry you guys had some great triathlons.  

Chris, you tore it up for your first race and I think there will be all kinds of things you'll be able to take away from this race once you have some time to reflect.  A couple of thoughts about your race.  I wouldn't take the rime to hit the lap button during the swim.  Besides adding a small amount of time over the course of the swim, you may also throw yourself out of a rhythmic stroke pattern causing an even greater time loss.  This only matters if you're really trying to make sure you're working on a specific goal/time.

Your bike, well,  I've been there done that.  I think last season I left my bike on the small ring by accident.  The big ring is probably the best to begin any race with unless you've got a hill immediately after the bike out.

Don't worry about your run.  Proper pacing is something that all of us have to work out on our own.  It comes with more experience as you learn training paces and what happens during a race.  In time this too will come as well as you can imagine.

Terry,  without your RR I can't give any specifics but judging from your times you had a great day.  I'll wait to read your race report but certainly congratulations are in order.  

Matt,  you had a spectacularly paced race today.  take your first mile out of the race and you were only 8 seconds apart for the rest of your miles.  Very well done!!

Vero,  Well, nearly all of us can say we've been where you're at.  I'm very thankful you're not as trashed as I was (meaning stitches and so on) when I crashed.  Take a couple of days to heal up and see if you can get back into some training.  You're the only one that can decide if you'll be able to suffer through some of the burning that is likely to come from sweating into opened wounds and if it'll be worth it.  As long as your wrist isn't causing any issues  while riding, or possibly swimming, I would get  back on the bike as soon as you can.  You're not so close to your race that you can't afford to take a week off too.  If you feel that's what needs to be done you're not going to lose any fitness in that amount of time.

Me, well I have been lying down some  pretty big weeks of training the past couple of weeks.  Last week was 14.5 hours and this week hit over 15 hours.  Both of these weeks have had me in the saddle 10 hours and 9:53 respectively, with a 5 hour trainer ride today.  Swims are about 3.5 hours total over the past 3 weeks with yardage totals of 12k, 12k and 13k for each week.  My fitness is getting stronger.  I can feel it.

My runs are coming along but I'm taking slow.  I have run 6.7, 6.7 and 8 miles for the past 3 weeks.  There is still some pain and i'm working through it but it a long road ahead.  Brenda sent me an inspire last week that really encouraged me and has helped me keep my head in the game.  I'm still pretty nervous about what IM will be for me but I have to say that my confidence is getting stronger and stronger.  I'll continue to covet the prayers of all of you as I get deeper and deeper into my training cycle.

2014-06-10 7:15 AM
in reply to: DirkP

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
John, how are you feeling?

Wetsuit question: when I first started triathalons someone had told me when you get your wetsuit on open the neck and let the water in......I was just reading an article where they were comparing wetsuits and it said regarding one of the suits keeps water out............oh no!!!! Have I been doing this wrong all this time???

2014-06-10 8:00 AM

User image

Veteran
Ft. Lauderdale
first.. thank you for the support... I beat my previous 1/2 iron time by over an hour. (1:04)

water was 76 calm lake/pond out and back loop.
during the swim i got boxed in. there were a row of 5 people swimming directly in front of me moving at the same speed. i could not get around them until about a 1/4 mile left. Then I ran into the sprint distance swimmers who were not moving or not paying attention so it was like zig-zagging and stop and start through them all for the rest of the swim. I started out too fast and had to slow down to catch my breath.,.. after that it was good except the traffic jams. I was drafting pretty good, but the people were really going slower than I wanted.. still kept a 2:02 pace.

out and back bike route. averaged 16.7 mph. the roads were pretty good except for a 6 mile portion with weather cracking on the roads.... I was not prepared for the hills... i looked at the elevations and rode half the course on Friday but did not expect to see back to back to back "Roller" like hills around mile 14-18. that along with the 3 mile gradual inclines kicked my butt. I definitely need to do more interval training and do my best to do more leg strengthening to get better at the hills.

on the run I was plagued by the same recurring thing... for the first 2-3 miles my legs- shin splints? cramped up really badly.... I fueled well, stayed hydrated was continually perspiring but those shin cramps are horrible... I'm not sure what to do about it.... my first few miles were excruciating. There was a hill around mile 5/10 on the way back that was dreadful...

my transitions were "ok" but I had to pee on the T2 so I had to wait for the port-o-let to open....

I'll do some recovery work this week. I have a swim this afternoon and a 200k bike ride this weekend and will begin to get ready for the Atlantic City 140.6 at the end of the month.

all in all i learned a lot.... my "ideal time of 5:45" would have put me at a two hour PR..... but I know where I had problems.
I wanted to maintain an 18mph pace on the bike to put me at 3 hour.. even with a delayed swim that wold have had me at 3:48 but the run was 36 minutes off pace. and my bike was 21 minutes off my planned pace.. .I know how i lost the 50 minutes and why it happened., now I just need the patience and perseverance to fix it

I stayed at a hotel six miles form the start line. The day before the race, i walked/ran the run course to the packet pick up and ran/waled back to the hotel. I rode my bike to the start of the race in the rain.. i avoided all the traffic and shuttles although it was a bit chilly for me.
2014-06-10 10:02 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Racine, Wisconsin
Congratulation Terry and hr off your previous time is awesome!!! Nice work
2014-06-10 4:56 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Originally posted by Jo63 John, how are you feeling? Wetsuit question: when I first started triathalons someone had told me when you get your wetsuit on open the neck and let the water in......I was just reading an article where they were comparing wetsuits and it said regarding one of the suits keeps water out............oh no!!!! Have I been doing this wrong all this time???

You haven't been doing anything wrong.  I have advised people for sometime to fill their wetsuit with the colder water before the race begins because it removes the cold water factor.  When you know you're going to be swimming in colder water there's the initial shock when all of the water comes rushing into your suit, possibly causing you to gasp for air and having an immediate HR increase.  This can have a pretty adverse impact on your race right at the beginning of the swim.

By filling up with water prior to the swim the shock value is substantially reduced , if not completely eliminated.  The shock begins when the water starts creeping in but you have 5-10 minutes to recover.  It also creates a warmer water barrier between you and the cooler water on the outside of your suit.  And, since the suit is already full, there are no more voids for more water to seep in and produce anymore shocks.....

.....Keep letting the water in if you're asking me.

2014-06-10 5:09 PM

User image

Master
Fort Wayne

Terry,

Congrats on an incredible PR.  It may not have been what you were looking for but to cut an hour for a HIM is something to brag about.

As far as your trouble in the swim with getting around others, I would have sliced through.  I have had similar things occur to me in races and I feel it's part of the sport.  I doubt these folks would have gotten to upset about it, and to be honest, I wouldn't care if they did.  It's not that I'm being harsh but if I'm trying to set a PR, I'm going to do whatever I can to get there.  Now, with that said, I wouldn't just go bounding through them either,  I would try to navigate around them first but if I were unable to get through in a less "civil" way, I would go through.  If you're doing this too, you have to recognize the risks as well; getting kicked in the face, goggles knocked off, etc.

Performing hill work on the bike can be done in a variety of ways.  You can do longer interval work, place a riser under your front while on the trainer or a combination of both.  For instance, I rode 2.5 hours with my front elevated to the highest point on my riser this past Sunday and then removed it for the final 2.5 hours.......Now my quads are crushed but it'll help with the hills.

I can't really help with the leg cramps much but I would suggest not running so much the day before a HIM.  If I read your post correctly, you ran about 12 miles +/-.  That's far to much and likely left your legs a little flat for the day on Sunday.  Riding the bike to the race on race day wasn't a big deal.  That may have helped wake your legs up a bit and promoted a little better race.

.........A 200k ride this weekend??????  You're not right!!!!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Asphalt Junkies Summer Edition - OPEN Rss Feed  

of 11

RELATED POSTS

Jeff's Long Course Group - (Open) Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by parrj
Views: 10970 Posts: 133

2014-11-25 4:21 PM ARtridad74

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Playmobil31's Group - Open

Started by playmobil31
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2011-12-18 3:37 PM playmobil31
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
comments : 0
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : December 7, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
By gradually running for increasingly longer periods on a softer surface, you will learn the technique and come to realize the benefits in injury prevention and speed.
date : April 2, 2006
author : mikericci
This summer, I am planning on doing three triathlons. What should my strategy be for training, tapering and resting during, before and after each race?