of 60

2014-09-20 6:22 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Elite
Cleveland
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by mehaner

fall is coming, i guess i should just embrace it.  just got back from an AMAZINGLY gorgeous ride and wondering why the hell i don't do that more.

The arrival of fall saddens me
Northern winters are a real bite in the arse and that's about all I can think of once fall gets here.  Probably because it starts to snow in fall - it doesn't wait for winter to do that.

I need to ride outdoors more. Other than the three races I've done this year, ALL of my riding has been on the trainer.  Great workouts, but not as enjoyable.

2014-09-22 9:55 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

My wife and I have decided that we are throwing a party next month and the theme is going to be  'Epic Lip Sync Battles" so all the couples coming have to be prepared to do a lip sync like seen on Jimmy Fallon. I think this is going to either be the coolest/funniest thing or it is going to be a bomb, depending on the amount of participation!

2014-09-22 10:41 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Goggs was in town for his B-day so did the whole Vegas weekend thing with him and his cohort.  Tired today.  BYBG didn't make it so didn't get to see her.

It was Mr Olympia weekend, so I felt scrawny most of the time at the pool and decided to start P90x up again yesterday, then proceeded to tear my shoulder doing some decline pushups.  I'm hoping it bounces back fast and isn't something more serious.

And I'm not sure why I'm posting this...  But can't break the habit I suppose.

2014-09-23 1:41 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Random thought of the day: "Mars is the only planet in the solar system solely inhabited by functioning robots."

2014-09-23 2:01 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Kido

Goggs was in town for his B-day so did the whole Vegas weekend thing with him and his cohort.  Tired today.  BYBG didn't make it so didn't get to see her.

It was Mr Olympia weekend, so I felt scrawny most of the time at the pool and decided to start P90x up again yesterday, then proceeded to tear my shoulder doing some decline pushups.  I'm hoping it bounces back fast and isn't something more serious.

Tony got home yesterday and pretty much slept for the afternoon.  Apparently turning 40 flipped some sort of switch in him and now he has to take naps?  WTH is up with that?? 

2014-09-24 8:27 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Tony got home yesterday and pretty much slept for the afternoon.  Apparently turning 40 flipped some sort of switch in him and now he has to take naps?  WTH is up with that?? 

i'm not anywhere NEAR 40 and i live for naps.

2014-09-24 12:45 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

i'm not anywhere NEAR 40 and i live for naps.

I seriously WISH I could nap, but most of the time I just lie there with my eyes closed for a little bit until I start to feel guilty that I "should be doing something" (no idea what that something is, but just something) and then I get up.  My brain hates me.  

2014-09-24 2:54 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I can't nap.  Lay their for 30-45 minutes and FINALLY when I'm about to doze, have to get up.  If I do fall asleep?  Feel even worse because I have to force myself up.  If I'm down for some sleep, it needs to be for HOURS.

2014-09-24 6:40 PM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Right there with you, trying to nap is just doesn't work for me. More like "rest eyes and body for a bit but can't fall asleep". 

2014-09-25 11:44 AM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

my boss has been yelling at someone on the phone for about the last 30 minutes.  i'm a little embarrassed for everyone.  i love sitting around and daydreaming about all the things i could do better than him.  i seriously wonder how some people get promoted...

2014-09-25 11:51 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

The "McDonald's family value box" lady from the other day just went out for a Taco John run. Not trying to be judgy because I eat fast food every now and again myself, but it's more that I HEAR about it every dang day over the cube walls. I can't remember the last time I told someone what I ate for lunch. But it's all she talks about 

2014-09-25 11:58 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Sensei
Sin City

There were days of old that all we talked about in TAN was what was for lunch.

2014-09-25 12:57 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

I had chowda!

2014-09-25 1:12 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

I had chowda!

I didn't really eat lunch.....I had a handful of pretzels.  Going thru some tough times right now.  Work crappolla, injured,can't train, IM 5 weeks away and can't run a single step, wedding upcoming, maid of honor pulled out etc etc etc etc.................

2014-09-25 1:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I "invented" a new soup...  Which really means tinker with recipes I usually make.

Made my standard split pea soup, but added cubed butternut squash during the last few minutes of cooking...  Diced ham and the usual mélange of available spices (rosemary, thyme, bay, s&p).  Sometimes I add barley for some additional grain, but nixed it this time.

Edited by Kido 2014-09-25 1:50 PM
2014-09-25 1:35 PM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by Socks

I had chowda!

I didn't really eat lunch.....I had a handful of pretzels.  Going thru some tough times right now.  Work crappolla, injured,can't train, IM 5 weeks away and can't run a single step, wedding upcoming, maid of honor pulled out etc etc etc etc.................

But you are getting married!  The rest is just bumps in the road.  But sorry they are happening.

2014-09-25 1:37 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I had chowda!

I had Wendy's!

Tomorrow I am taking the day off to head down to Dallas and then on Sat, me and my two older boys are going to watch the Razorbacks play Texas A&M at Cowboys stadium. They are very excited about going to the stadium. Going to be a god trip!

Edited by jford2309 2014-09-25 1:39 PM
2014-09-25 1:59 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by jford2309

I had chowda!

I had Wendy's!

Tomorrow I am taking the day off to head down to Dallas and then on Sat, me and my two older boys are going to watch the Razorbacks play Texas A&M at Cowboys stadium. They are very excited about going to the stadium. Going to be a god trip!

have you been there before?  the stadium is so crazy its almost distracting from the football.  enjoy!!

2014-09-25 2:19 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Originally posted by jford2309

I had chowda!

I had Wendy's!

have you been there before?  the stadium is so crazy its almost distracting from the football.  enjoy!!

No, this will be my first time to go to the stadium!

2014-09-25 3:06 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Well I *like* youze guys! And I can choose to come in here or not... the lady 5 feet away from me not so much.

I had salsa chicken - MEH's recipe AGAIN. Green salsa, chicken, onion, orange pepper and poblano pepper in the ol' crock pot. 

2014-09-25 3:11 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by lisac957

Well I *like* youze guys! And I can choose to come in here or not... the lady 5 feet away from me not so much.

I had salsa chicken - MEH's recipe AGAIN. Green salsa, chicken, onion, orange pepper and poblano pepper in the ol' crock pot. 

i make that ALL the time, don't feel bad!  but you get extra fancy with it...

2014-09-25 3:21 PM

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

Salsa chicken sounds good! Today was an eat-out day and I had a tuna melt. Better than the big BBQ bacon cheese burgers the rest of my co-workers get on Thursday.

Geographic thought for the day: North Korea and Finland are separated by one country.

2014-09-26 9:42 AM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by MOlsen

Salsa chicken sounds good! Today was an eat-out day and I had a tuna melt. Better than the big BBQ bacon cheese burgers the rest of my co-workers get on Thursday.

careful, buddy, a tuna melt is a pretty unhealthy sandwich, especially prepared in a restaurant.  

i am hungry already - i packed some chowda but want to eat it now.  elevensies?

2014-09-26 10:02 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Bought a new camera body yesterday!  Giggity - So excited to play with it.  SO nice compared to what I had...  Photography might be the "think" for me.  Artistic but enough science and technology to appeal to the engineer in me. 

I think the excitement of that, a new workout routine that has my body reacting all weird - (probably all the endorphins and other philological effect of actually being active), and the weekend had me up at 5:30 this morning.  In to work early hopefully means I can leave early!

Tried a cup of "bulletproof" coffee this morning (Google it).  Granted, I didn't fall for the hype of the special coffee and butter and oil...  I just used very good versions of everything I already had.  Not going out to buy the overpriced specialty stuff...  It was pretty good even if it was 300 calories!  Better than no breakfast at all I suppose, which is my usual M.O...

Have a good weekend everyone.

ETA:  Been watching "The Wire" on demand...  Man, what a great show.  I believe it when some people think it's the best show ever made...  It's really good...  It's a little weird that the first season is 12 years old.  Some of the technology is a bit dated in the show and it's interesting to see actors I have come to know from other things looking so young in this series.  So many people in that show went on to other, and even bigger, things.  Omar went to boardwalk empire and String did a lot of Hollywood movies.  He's British so it amazing to hear do a street thug from Baltimore - never would have guess he was a Brit.

Edited by Kido 2014-09-26 10:12 AM
2014-09-26 11:01 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Bought a new camera body yesterday!  Giggity - So excited to play with it.  SO nice compared to what I had...  Photography might be the "think" for me.  Artistic but enough science and technology to appeal to the engineer in me. 

I think the excitement of that, a new workout routine that has my body reacting all weird - (probably all the endorphins and other philological effect of actually being active), and the weekend had me up at 5:30 this morning.  In to work early hopefully means I can leave early!

Tried a cup of "bulletproof" coffee this morning (Google it).  Granted, I didn't fall for the hype of the special coffee and butter and oil...  I just used very good versions of everything I already had.  Not going out to buy the overpriced specialty stuff...  It was pretty good even if it was 300 calories!  Better than no breakfast at all I suppose, which is my usual M.O...

Have a good weekend everyone.

ETA:  Been watching "The Wire" on demand...  Man, what a great show.  I believe it when some people think it's the best show ever made...  It's really good...  It's a little weird that the first season is 12 years old.  Some of the technology is a bit dated in the show and it's interesting to see actors I have come to know from other things looking so young in this series.  So many people in that show went on to other, and even bigger, things.  Omar went to boardwalk empire and String did a lot of Hollywood movies.  He's British so it amazing to hear do a street thug from Baltimore - never would have guess he was a Brit.

I just finished all 8 seasons of Dexter.  Its funny to watch the cell phones go from flip phones to iPhones during the run of the show. 

In other news I actually TRAINED today...no one faint. 4000 yards in the pool

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1647 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2133 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1870 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2183 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3842 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.