of 60

2014-09-26 11:10 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by Socks

I just finished all 8 seasons of Dexter.  Its funny to watch the cell phones go from flip phones to iPhones during the run of the show. 

In other news I actually TRAINED today...no one faint. 4000 yards in the pool

The same with the wire.  35mm boxy cameras (not digital) with ridiculous zoom lenses and flip phones...  They even use pagers and pay phones...

Man 4k yards is a hell of a swim.   That's not just "getting back into it" considering a IM training swim is usually 4500, 5000 at the longest...

2014-09-26 2:53 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Regular
Central Coast, CA

When on road trips we like to take pictures of phone booths, a photo journal of ancient relics.

2014-09-26 4:31 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by MOlsen

When on road trips we like to take pictures of phone booths, a photo journal of ancient relics.

The fiancee & I just vacationed in Bermuda, and in the town of St George there is a phone booth filled with books with a sign saying simply (paraphrased) "leave one, take one.  If you need one and can't leave one, take one".

p.s.  just finished the toughest swim workout I've ever done... 4600 yards called 'Down the Iron Ladder'.  It's 4600yds of paddles & pain.  I feel wiped out, but awesome!

2014-09-29 9:05 AM
in reply to: cgregg

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I am back from my trip to Dallas and Cowboys stadium. Heck of a game between my HOGS and A&M. My first thoughts of the stadium...Man it is huge. The big screen is awesome distracting, but there really is not a bad seat in the joint. No lines at concessions or bathrooms, it was really cool.

I also got to meet up with Brad D and hand with him for about an hour, so that was pretty cool, we kept it cordial, but now the JFORD VS BradD 2015 Redman Battle is on!

2014-09-29 9:27 AM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by cgregg

The fiancee & I just vacationed in Bermuda, and in the town of St George there is a phone booth filled with books with a sign saying simply (paraphrased) "leave one, take one.  If you need one and can't leave one, take one".

p.s.  just finished the toughest swim workout I've ever done... 4600 yards called 'Down the Iron Ladder'.  It's 4600yds of paddles & pain.  I feel wiped out, but awesome!

That's awesome! Both the phone booth and the swim

2014-09-29 11:03 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Those are called Little Free Librarys around here - love them!

2014-09-29 11:24 AM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by lisac957

Those are called Little Free Librarys around here - love them!

Neat!  I'd never heard of them before.  The one in St. George was really kinda awesome.

2014-09-30 4:23 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

TAN Flashback quiz:

What does "bajingo" mean?

2014-10-01 9:09 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by jford2309

TAN Flashback quiz:

What does "bajingo" mean?

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH

2014-10-01 9:15 AM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

So in the ongoing drama that is my life (my wedding planner says I need my own reality TV show)

1-My contract is up at the end of a year and right now I don't have another job to go to so job hunting2-Getting married 12/13 no job after the wedding
3-Paying for the wedding
4-Paying for tail (Its only $27,200)
5-RIght now going to be living 1200 miles from my husband although if I am lucky maybe will find a new job in say MI where he lives
6-Injured my knee and now I can't do IMFL beacuse
7-I need surgery for multiple reasons on my knee
8-Cat is sick and projectile vomiting all over the house
9-Generalized wedding chaos...I really can't be overly concerned about hair and make up when I have these other things on my plate

shoot me. 

2014-10-01 10:12 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

hey guys - i gotta move to texas at the end of the year.  how do i tell my boss/how do i pitch keeping my job and working from there?

2014-10-01 10:17 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by mehaner

hey guys - i gotta move to texas at the end of the year.  how do i tell my boss/how do i pitch keeping my job and working from there?

Ask Monica she just went thru this..no Hawaii?

2014-10-01 10:26 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

hawaii is out - they offered no relocation costs and no increase in salary or COLA.  i'm kind of glad, cause my dog is too old to survive that process, i'm afraid.  so it is san antonio, word was official yesterday.  in the meantime i am going to try to pull off a surprise texas-theme going away party for my husband (who will leave in 3 weeks) so if you have any ideas (for the party or the surprise) let me know that too!

2014-10-01 10:52 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

All of TAN is relocating to Texas?   

2014-10-01 10:55 AM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

we are trying to get further away from YOU

2014-10-01 11:40 AM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

we are trying to get further away from YOU

Oh, well... that makes complete sense, actually.

But... then you should make another run at Hawaii.

2014-10-01 12:04 PM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

hawaii is out - they offered no relocation costs and no increase in salary or COLA.  i'm kind of glad, cause my dog is too old to survive that process, i'm afraid.  so it is san antonio, word was official yesterday.  in the meantime i am going to try to pull off a surprise texas-theme going away party for my husband (who will leave in 3 weeks) so if you have any ideas (for the party or the surprise) let me know that too!

Exciting! Yes?

Surprise him with a two-stepping flash mob, everyone is wearing cowboy hats, belt buckles and tight Levi jeans. 

2014-10-01 12:55 PM
in reply to: lisac957

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

Originally posted by lisac957

Exciting! Yes?

Surprise him with a two-stepping flash mob, everyone is wearing cowboy hats, belt buckles and tight Levi jeans. 

I applied to a temporary gig in Hawaii but have not heard back from them. Would be an adventure for 18-24 months

San Antonio is a lovely town.  My bestie from med school lives there. 

2014-10-01 1:07 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Mot moi.

I really can't foresee any possible reason to EVER move there...  But I guess you never can predict the future.  Maybe if the only civil engineering jobs in the entire nation are in TX for some reason...  Even then, I might see if they need engineers in Italy or France or something - at least scope out the options before heading south.

Edited by Kido 2014-10-01 1:07 PM
2014-10-01 1:09 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City

How come the Swagon thread bothers me so much?

Can't stand advertising then being told it's not like I'm dumb...  Just put an ad on the side of the screen and I can click on it or not.

2014-10-01 1:42 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

NEVER!!!!  I WILL NEVER move to Texas!

2014-10-01 1:53 PM

User image

Master
Boynton Beach, FL

Ebola is also moving to Texas!

Hi TANeroos...long time no post

2014-10-01 4:42 PM
in reply to: Samyg

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

So I tell you all I can't do my ironman because I have to have knee surgery and no response?  I'm pretty bummed out not only about missing the race but because my knee is fairly buggered up and despite the MIR I am not exactly sure what they will find.  Or am I not supposed to talk about triathlon in TAN?

2014-10-01 5:12 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

So I tell you all I can't do my ironman because I have to have knee surgery and no response?  I'm pretty bummed out not only about missing the race but because my knee is fairly buggered up and despite the MIR I am not exactly sure what they will find.  Or am I not supposed to talk about triathlon in TAN?

My condolences on the IM.  You will get the next one when you are all healed and better...  And I have faith you WILL get better, despite your concerns.  Sorry for the rough patch about everything that been going on.  From experience though, wedding planning seems to add a lot of stress to everything in life for some weird reason.  I DID read it all. 

Also, I wouldn't take the lack or response in TAN too personally.  I'm resigned to the fact that TAN is not like it used to be with actual conversations, banter, joking, and such.  It's a place where people now just dump thoughts and move along.  People may not even read back anymore - I try to see what people wrote, but feel like actually conversing is a waste of time since it seems, to me, to be one sided.  Anything I have to say falls on deaf ears...  Or so seems the trend.

I mentioned that my step mother had an accident where she fractured her spine a month ago and got crickets.  PLUS, there is a significant lack of traffic in TAN and BT in general.  People may not have seen it...

2014-10-01 5:23 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

So in the ongoing drama that is my life (my wedding planner says I need my own reality TV show)

1-My contract is up at the end of a year and right now I don't have another job to go to so job hunting2-Getting married 12/13 no job after the wedding
3-Paying for the wedding
4-Paying for tail (Its only $27,200)
5-RIght now going to be living 1200 miles from my husband although if I am lucky maybe will find a new job in say MI where he lives
6-Injured my knee and now I can't do IMFL beacuse
7-I need surgery for multiple reasons on my knee
8-Cat is sick and projectile vomiting all over the house
9-Generalized wedding chaos...I really can't be overly concerned about hair and make up when I have these other things on my plate

shoot me. 

1.  I'm sure someone with your skill set will find something easily enough and the economy is much better.

2. You skipped #2

3.  Paying for the wedding is not a cheap thing and is stressful.  However, the wife and I paid for ours and it seriously turned out amazing and still the "bar" I hold other weddings to.  I might be biased, but ours really did rock.  It's cost as much as a car.  More than a Honda but Less than a BMW.

4.  I'm not sure what paying for tail is.  I haven't had to pay for tail since I got married!  Ba dump dump...  And never 27k.  Maybe a nice dinner and show.

5.  Living long distance is hard.  But with Skype and free long distance and such, it's easier to keep in touch.  If it's major cities, flights are not the end of the world every other month.  The wife and I dated long distance.  It was stressful, but you can make it work for a while.

6.  Previous post about the IM - sorry - get better

7.  Modern medicine is amazing.  they can fix you up good as new.

8.  Projectile vomiting?  Well that's just kind of funny as an outsider.  Just don't step in it in the middle of the night.  That has to be a scary thought feeling that squish up between your toes.  Of course, not funny for the kitty or the one that has to clean up after the kitty.  What does the vet say?  Anything serious or just sick?  Eat something bad?

9.  Like I said, the most stressful time in my life was the wedding - despite my efforts to NOT get stressed about it.  My wife and I basically NEVER fight.  The only time we did?  was during wedding planning. 

AND:  I don't own a gun and don't want to go to jail - so maybe you will have another taker?

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1650 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2137 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1874 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2185 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3857 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.