2014-12-08 12:24 PM
in reply to: MOlsen

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by MOlsen

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

An evil person in the office brought in home-made caramels...  I hate them and love them at the same time.  

Much like the person who brought a bunch of holiday cookies in this morning... 

And I just walked into the break room to find a pecan pie just sitting there all innocent-like.  EVIL!! 

2014-12-08 1:55 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

An evil person in the office brought in home-made caramels...  I hate them and love them at the same time.  

And I just walked into the break room to find a pecan pie just sitting there all innocent-like.  EVIL!! 

pecan pie is gross (i'm going to be a horrible texan) but pass the cookies on over here!!!!!!!! yay!

2014-12-08 1:55 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by mehaner

an evil person in my office just microwaved cabbage in the break area.  i only hate them.

That's a totally legit reason for hate.   

There's one person here who microwaves fish - they are also on the hate list.  

that's just mean, and it doesn't even taste good once you microwave it!

It's not just mean, it's an assault to the olfactory senses!!  

Ugh, even just the thought of rubbery, tasteless (though smelly) fish is enough to make me scrunch my nose while thinking about it.  ICKY!

Hey, how long until you're in Texas???  

ummmm....2 weeks from today!

2014-12-08 2:19 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

an evil person in my office just microwaved cabbage in the break area.  i only hate them.

That's a totally legit reason for hate.   

There's one person here who microwaves fish - they are also on the hate list.  

that's just mean, and it doesn't even taste good once you microwave it!

It's not just mean, it's an assault to the olfactory senses!!  

Ugh, even just the thought of rubbery, tasteless (though smelly) fish is enough to make me scrunch my nose while thinking about it.  ICKY!

Hey, how long until you're in Texas???  

ummmm....2 weeks from today!

SWEEEEET!  We'll have to figure out a time when we can either head south or you two make your way a bit north to get together.   

2014-12-08 2:27 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

pecan pie is gross (i'm going to be a horrible texan) but pass the cookies on over here!!!!!!!! yay!

That's ok, I'm not a good Texan either, I can't STAND the Cowboys, the Texans are a non-starter, I'm definitely NOT a Longhorns fan, and I don't like BBQ for every meal.  I think they might shoot me.  

2014-12-08 3:07 PM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL

That's ok, I'm not a good Texan either, I can't STAND the Cowboys, the Texans are a non-starter, I'm definitely NOT a Longhorns fan, and I don't like BBQ for every meal.  I think they might shoot me.  

This is the only thing you got wrong in that statement.  Well, that and not liking BBQ.  Then again, you are a Canuckian.  MWAH!

2014-12-08 5:00 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I was seriously going to be good this Christmas season after I realized my pants are not fitting that loosely anymore.  AND THE VERY FIRST THING I found in my office kitchen is a large coffee can sized container of ENGLISH TOFFEE!  Are you kidding me?  That's probably by all time favorite gourmet type candy.

I could have passed on the English butter cookies, or the popcorn, or a multitude of other treats without any remorse - but not that.

HOWEVER, maybe my will power is better than I thought.  I have refrained and not had any as of yet,  BUT, I have been bitter about it the entire time.

2014-12-08 5:09 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Went for a 5.5 mile run last night.  Took a LONG time, but it was really nice.  Forgot how fun running can be when it's 60 degrees instead of 110.  Running may be fun again?

God forbid biking could be fun again too.  Trying to hit the pool and maybe even THAT might be fun or am I asking too much?

2014-12-08 5:30 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

i want to respond, but i want to wait on a multi-post.  DECISIONSSSS

2014-12-08 6:03 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

i want to respond, but i want to wait on a multi-post.  DECISIONSSSS

I made a conscious effort to cut myself off after 2...  And even try to limit that.

2014-12-09 1:54 PM
in reply to: crowny2

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by crowny2

This is the only thing you got wrong in that statement.  Well, that and not liking BBQ.  Then again, you are a Canuckian.  MWAH!

I said I don't like BBQ for every meal, not that I dislike BBQ - that would just be silly!  

2014-12-09 1:56 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by Kido

I was seriously going to be good this Christmas season after I realized my pants are not fitting that loosely anymore.  AND THE VERY FIRST THING I found in my office kitchen is a large coffee can sized container of ENGLISH TOFFEE!  Are you kidding me?  That's probably by all time favorite gourmet type candy.

I could have passed on the English butter cookies, or the popcorn, or a multitude of other treats without any remorse - but not that.

HOWEVER, maybe my will power is better than I thought.  I have refrained and not had any as of yet,  BUT, I have been bitter about it the entire time.

LOVE English Toffee!  

It's "treat week" in our office, and every day through Friday there are a group of people assigned to bring in goodies.  I'm just going to avoid the kitchen to save myself until next week!  

2014-12-09 5:49 PM

User image

Champion
Williamston, Michigan

I have bride brain. I can't concentrate an a damn thing except wedding fun-ness!!!!

2014-12-10 11:35 AM
in reply to: Socks

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

It's been awhile.

Anybody still come here?

2014-12-10 3:31 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by jford2309

It's been awhile.

Anybody still come here?

After a month off, I have oddly been hear a couple consecutive days.  Maybe because I actually start a triathlon program and have my eye on a couple races in April.  Figure why not blog if I'm in my logs...

But that's about it.  Hope things are going well 4 ya...

2014-12-10 4:59 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

It's been awhile.

Anybody still come here?

After a month off, I have oddly been hear a couple consecutive days.  Maybe because I actually start a triathlon program and have my eye on a couple races in April.  Figure why not blog if I'm in my logs...

you are gonna do another tri?  that's big news!  what are you looking at?  what distance?

2014-12-11 8:51 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

It's been awhile.

Anybody still come here?

Working retail this time of year sucks. Not only am I chasing booster groups that are killing us, but we always have our share of seasonal hires that go to town and take everything not nailed down.

I did a half marathon Saturday that I was in no way prepared for and struggled through a 2:30 finish, which in a weird way was very satisfying.

2014-12-11 12:58 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

It's been awhile.

Anybody still come here?

you are gonna do another tri?  that's big news!  what are you looking at?  what distance?

Let's not get too excited!  I just found a few that are far enough away to think IF I do one, they would be viable. 

My first EVER tri (which ended up being a bike/run since the swim was cancelled) was called Rage in the Sage and it's in mid April.  Maybe it could be the "first" race again for my new (if it happens) tri career?  They have a sprint, oly, or HIM option

There is also an XTERRA event the week after that and to be honest.  The most fun I have ever had at a tri is doing XTERRA races.  Close second is Alcatraz.  (as a side note, most gratification is obviously my IM finishes - tough to rate the most gratifying - probably the first or the 12 hr IMAZ?)

I'm pleased that I have been actually looking forward to my workouts again.  the entire 24 hours after my last workout I'm excited about the next one.  Even looking forward to my second swim tomorrow night and maybe even getting on the trails/road this Saturday.  I haven't road outside in two years (unless I forgot an occasion or two where I did).

I do wonder if it's a mistake though.  At my size, tri has done a number on my knees and getting back into it may exacerbate the situation.  They actually feel half decent now.

Edited by Kido 2014-12-11 12:59 PM
2014-12-11 4:36 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I guess the BT crown aren't Polar users.  Zero responses to my Polar questions.  More of a Garmin/Timex crowd?

Oh well!  I will find out the answers myself which is always more gratifying.

2014-12-13 10:44 AM

User image

Elite

I guess the BT crown aren't Polar users.  Zero responses to my Polar questions.  More of a Garmin/Timex crowd?

I responded to your question.   I saw your question a while back but it took me some time verbalize the answer.  I also lost some of my first attempts to respond.   I set the iPad down and then came back later to find what I had typed was gone.  It happened twice.  I think a recent upgrade to iOS causes stuff in a BT text window to disappear when the iPad goes to sleep.  The Mac doesn't do it.  I need to be careful.

I also responded in the Garmin 920 vs Polar V800 thread.

TW

2014-12-14 12:28 PM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

just taught myself the cup game in order to teach it to a bunch of hyperactive little girls tomorrow.  we shall see how that works....if i am successful they will be making their families and teachers crazy for at least a day or two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa4BUtsATsg

2014-12-14 4:05 PM

User image

Elite
We shall require that you post a video.
2014-12-15 10:17 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

This morning was a good one. I remembered how to get to the pool, remembered my locker combination and my jammers did not look ridiculous when I put them on. I also got a lane to myself and I still remembered how to swim.

it's been awhile since I was in the pool...

2014-12-15 11:01 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by tech_geezer

I responded to your question.   I saw your question a while back but it took me some time verbalize the answer.  I also lost some of my first attempts to respond.   I set the iPad down and then came back later to find what I had typed was gone.  It happened twice.  I think a recent upgrade to iOS causes stuff in a BT text window to disappear when the iPad goes to sleep.  The Mac doesn't do it.  I need to be careful.

I also responded in the Garmin 920 vs Polar V800 thread.

TW

Thanks, read it.

I have a question for you then.  How to you download to BT?  I didn't look TOO far into it, but when selecting the choice for Polar download, it asks for you to located a .hrm file.  SO, I had to export an .hrm from the Polar interface (I'm not sure what it's called, Polarflow, or Netlink, or something), which made an .hrm file on my desktop, then open BT and import that file from the desktop.  Bothersome that it takes two steps (which are a bit long) when for Garmin, you select  your device and workout and BOOM, it's up there.  NOW, it does it automatically and is even easier after linking garmin connect with BT.

On a side note.  I'm seriously digging the polarpersonaltrainer website for logging.  Especially the workload page.  It's interesting that it tells you when it's time to workout again and at what intensity.  Honestly,  I may give up garmin connect AND maybe BT since it doesn't have the tools Polar has.  Not much left for me in BT anyway except the logs, and without the tools that polar has, may not be worth logging in 2-3 different places.

2014-12-15 11:13 AM

User image

Elite

Hi Jim,

I did not even get as far as you on the BT upload from Polar.  When I exported a file from Polar Flow, I got something called a .tcx file which I presume is a newer format file from Polar.  Since BT said that it could accept an upload a .hrm file I quit looking at the upload thinking that BT would have to put in an upgrade for it to work.  Based on the activity of Polar users on your other threads this seems unlikely.  

I have mainly used the Polar logs the last month since I got the new watch.  I have transferred a few runs and rides to my logs here manually.  I don't log very regularly here anyway.  It is just so people can see my tracks on the place if I haven't posted in the forums for a while.  

Anyway.  My watch may go on sale. as well as the bikes and other stuff.   I just developed a form of dizziness called BPPV.  I put up an post in the Triathlon forum that links to my blog on blogspot.  The BPPV makes standing a challenge.  I am still hoping that it resolves with no after effects.  We shall see.

TW

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1641 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2126 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1864 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2176 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3830 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.