of 60

2014-12-30 9:19 AM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN
Subject: RE: NewTAN's Third Law of Motion

Originally posted by mehaner

Anybody working on New Year's Resolutions?

Yup, I'm going to stop using contractions!

Starting  now...

2014-12-30 11:55 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I just joined a mentor group!  Lookout 2015!  Brad is going down!

2014-12-30 1:28 PM

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Originally posted by jford2309

Brad is going down!

::snerk::

Listening to "It's a small world" - intentionally.

It's that kinda day at the office.

2014-12-30 1:30 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

i had kind of assumed that would be your resolution.  

2014-12-30 4:17 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Heh, I'm sure the next however many months will be an entertaining back and forth between them as to which one is going down harder...  

2014-12-30 8:56 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Heh, I'm sure the next however many months will be an entertaining back and forth between them as to which one is going down harder...  

oh please let them be laden with double entendre as well

2014-12-31 9:18 AM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Happy New Year!

How has everyone been? Where has everyone been?

I have been spending my time on playing Adjunct Instructor(part time), Job search, LinkedIn, PMP study, and playing Mr. Mom. So that does not leave much time for TANing. (I also did some homebrewing)

I hereby resolve that in 2015 I will make BT, COJ and TAN a more consistent part of my day. I also resolve to make 2015 the year I prioritize fitness and training so I can complete my first Half and other races at least in the top third. There are more resolutions but I won't write them down so I won't feel as guilty tomorrow afternoon when I break them.

Cheers from Duluth, best wishes to all

Troy
2014-12-31 9:56 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Gosh, does everything have to be dirty with you guys?  Sheesh!!!

2014-12-31 12:39 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Gosh, does everything have to be dirty with you guys?  Sheesh!!!

monica was the one talking about you guys going down hard!

2014-12-31 12:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

I am happy to report that my vertigo is pretty much vertigone. I think I can resume normal activities. I was really worried when It did not go away as quickly as it usually does for other people. It took about 10 days.

My New Year's resolution is to finish my renovation projects on the Oak Ridge house and get it on the market.

TW

Edited by tech_geezer 2014-12-31 12:50 PM
2014-12-31 12:49 PM
in reply to: tech_geezer

User image

Master
Southwest Iowa

Originally posted by tech_geezer I am happy to report that my vertigo is pretty much vertigone. I think I can resume normal activities. I was really worried when It did not go away as quickly as it usually does for other people. It took about 10 days.My New Year's resolution is to finish my renovation projects on the Oak Ridge house and get it on the market.TW

What great news.

2014-12-31 12:51 PM
in reply to: flip18436572

User image

Elite

Originally posted by flip18436572

Originally posted by tech_geezer I am happy to report that my vertigo is pretty much vertigone. I think I can resume normal activities. I was really worried when It did not go away as quickly as it usually does for other people. It took about 10 days.

My New Year's resolution is to finish my renovation projects on the Oak Ridge house and get it on the market.

TW

What great news.

Thanks.

2014-12-31 2:24 PM

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by tech_geezer

I am happy to report that my vertigo is pretty much vertigone. I think I can resume normal activities. I was really worried when It did not go away as quickly as it usually does for other people. It took about 10 days.

TW

that is AWESOME

2015-01-02 12:59 PM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by tech_geezer I am happy to report that my vertigo is pretty much vertigone. I think I can resume normal activities. I was really worried when It did not go away as quickly as it usually does for other people. It took about 10 days.

TW

What great news.

Thanks.

so you are not selling the Polar watch?  Damn! 

Glad to hear

2015-01-02 1:12 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Well, my "holiday" got better.

During the renovation.  Small leak started at the fridge.  Tried to take off the valve with a wrench but it seized up and I ended up tearing the copper pipe off in the wall.  Plumber to come and fix?  180 bucks.  All things considered, I'm happy with the cost.

On Monday (or maybe Tuesday), got a fireball again out of the furnace.  Called them up to check it and they said the 27 yr old furnace was a goner.  3500 bucks to replace.  Had them option in the cost of replacing the second furnace AND also replacing the entire AC system since they are all sort of interconnected and they said piecemealing would be more expensive in the long run so decided to get it all done at once.  10k I didn't expect to spend when I woke up this morning.

Can't WAIT to see how efficient it is this summer though.  I'm hoping to see major savings on our AC electric bill.

2015-01-02 1:54 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

New Year is a great time for me to start documenting my nutrition and to start working out again.

I bet you I don;t last a week on the food part...

2015-01-02 2:20 PM

User image

Chatham Ontario
Long time no TAN, No triathlon, But I put on a solid 25 lbs in the last year.

How is everyone doing. I have decided my daughter is now 15 months old and it is time for me to get back in the saddle again. Time to look at 2015 and start investing in me again. No this isn't a new years resolution. I started back in Nov running again and working out a bit. couple days a week. I think it is time to commit to a race and actually take on something for me this year.

Anyways hope to be back here a bit for inspiration and logging.
2015-01-02 3:36 PM
in reply to: Techdiver

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Kind of bored here at work on a Friday so I went through my "friends" list on here and realized, I did not know 60% of them or they weren't active anymore, so I deleted them.

Now I am making room for my new friends in my mentor group.

I think all of you regular joe's made the cut, but I can't promise, unless you're hot, then you made it! 

2015-01-03 7:08 PM

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake
Originally posted by Kido

During the renovation.  Small leak started at the fridge.  Tried to take off the valve with a wrench but it seized up and I ended up tearing the copper pipe off in the wall.  Plumber to come and fix?  180 bucks.  All things considered, I'm happy with the cost.

On Monday (or maybe Tuesday), got a fireball again out of the furnace.  Called them up to check it and they said the 27 yr old furnace was a goner.  3500 bucks to replace.  Had them option in the cost of replacing the second furnace AND also replacing the entire AC system since they are all sort of interconnected and they said piecemealing would be more expensive in the long run so decided to get it all done at once.  10k I didn't expect to spend when I woke up this morning.

Can't WAIT to see how efficient it is this summer though.  I'm hoping to see major savings on our AC electric bill.

Ouch, I took a $10K hit on a new boiler and plumbing a couple years back. I saw a HUGE savings the next winter and a much better balanced temp in the house. I went from an inverted angry octopus of boiler and pipes to a clean wall mounted unit and organized lines and about 100 more sq feet of utility space. I think you will enjoy the greater efficiency of a new system.

P.S. How is the homebrew going.

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

Ouch, I took a $10K hit on a new boiler and plumbing a couple years back. I saw a HUGE savings the next winter and a much better balanced temp in the house. I went from an inverted angry octopus of boiler and pipes to a clean wall mounted unit and organized lines and about 100 more sq feet of utility space. I think you will enjoy the greater efficiency of a new system.

User image

Expert
Next to a big lake

2015-01-04 1:24 PM

User image

Elite

TW

What great news.

Thanks.

so you are not selling the Polar watch?  Damn! 

Glad to hear

Thanks.  I hope the BPPV never comes back.  For now, I am wearing the watch and planning on riding the bikes.  I hope the running and riding are not the trigger.

I've been tourist running in Los Angeles with no problems.   I ran down Hollywood Boulevard with lots of stops and slowdowns for people, sights, and traffic lights.

Heading back to Georgia/Tennessee today.  It has been fun.

TW 

2015-01-05 12:03 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/04/showbiz/feat-stallone-final-rambo/index.html

Rambo: Last Blood is being filmed!

2015-01-06 10:53 AM
in reply to: #5004399

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Started my new job yesterday. Don't know what is worse... sitting alone in someone else's office with nothing to do for the past hour or sitting in bullshit classes where idiots read PowerPoint slides to me? Ugh why can't this company onboard worth a crap? Would it be wrong to just nap?
2015-01-06 11:24 AM

User image

Alpharetta, Georgia
Bronze member

Originally posted by mehaner Started my new job yesterday. Don't know what is worse... sitting alone in someone else's office with nothing to do for the past hour or sitting in classes where idiots read PowerPoint slides to me? Ugh why can't this company onboard worth a crap? Would it be wrong to just nap?

This is with your same company though, yes? 
They make transferring employees go through onboarding again? 

A nap sounds good. 

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » NewTAN's Third Law of Motion Rss Feed  

of 60

RELATED POSTS

Wii help needed: Want to kill, but get motion sickness

Started by AcesFull
Views: 1641 Posts: 10

2009-01-05 10:42 AM TriRSquared

I'll make a motion...

Started by Sharkie
Views: 2126 Posts: 20

2008-12-11 10:50 AM JoshKaptur

Motion Sickness

Started by soloryder
Views: 1864 Posts: 13

2008-06-20 1:15 PM erin116

Motion Sensors?

Started by steveseer
Views: 2176 Posts: 14

2008-06-03 10:26 PM tech_geezer

can you pass the third grade? Pages: 1 2

Started by gabejd09
Views: 3830 Posts: 33

2004-10-04 2:23 PM Whit
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2012
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
How to regain enough range of motion to swim freestyle after a shoulder injury or surgery

date : May 11, 2009
author : FitWerx
Motion capture technology with 2D and 3D analysis offers some powerful benefits compared to just a standard bike fit.
date : May 20, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
So tell me why I want to bother swimming the other strokes? I'm IM training, and plan to swim freestyle for the entire race, is there an advantage to working on the other strokes?

date : March 6, 2007
author : AMSSM
If one muscle has restrictions it can limit the range of motion on the connecting joint and have a domino effect as that tension and restriction is carried down the chain.
date : July 4, 2006
author : KevinKonczak
While most do not think about the actual vector breakdown involved in the cycling stroke and where the power is applied in detail, when you finally do think about it, things become clearer.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.
date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
I was able to spend one Saturday morning in the store conducting this interview and I learned a good bit of information about shoes and proper fitting.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
To avoid a myriad of injuries (joint pain to your knees, ankles, hips, shin splints, foot pain, bruises), it’s invaluable to find the right running shoes.