General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Peachtree city sprint cancelled Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-06-12 12:33 PM

Subject: Peachtree city sprint cancelled
In case the news isn't out there Kim decided to cancel the Peachtree city sprint race in August due to the train issue that effected the supersprint and international in May. Lake Peachtree is likely not going to be full by the august date of the sprint which would have forced the race back over to Lake McIntosh where the May race was held. Kim said in an email that since they could not guarantee the trains would not run during the race she would rather cancel the race than have that impact racers and finishing times. I appreciate the concern for a first class race and hope the Lake Peachtree issue will be dealt with soon so the races can go back to their normal locations (and I can get some open water practice!)

2014-06-18 11:57 AM
in reply to: Allen_Leonard

User image

Suwanee, Georgia
Subject: RE: Peachtree city sprint cancelled
Thanks! I actually just sent them a message trying to find more race info. Oh well!
2014-06-19 9:49 PM
in reply to: Allen_Leonard

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
I was hoping to make this my third sprint. Sucks it had to be cancelled, but I understand. That said, does anyone have a good alternate sprint that is being run in August/Sept that would serve as a replacement race?
2014-06-19 9:56 PM
in reply to: Meathead

, Georgia
Tri the Parks has a sprint in Carrollton on September 6th.
2014-06-23 9:08 AM
in reply to: Meathead

Lake Lanier at end of September
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Peachtree city sprint cancelled Rss Feed