General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Clinics and OWS Outings in the Upstate Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-12 12:07 PM

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC
Subject: Swim Clinics and OWS Outings in the Upstate

The Greenville Splash Masters team will be have a set of swim stroke clinics through the month of September.  Details can be found here

The team will also be doing OWS trips to Jocassee every Sunday morning for the next few months in prep for an OWS race a few members will be doing later this year.  For more details on the Lake Jocassee trips contact the team directly. 

Just FYI for anyone who might be interested in either of these events. 

2014-08-12 8:54 PM
in reply to: Clempson

User image

New user
Subject: RE: Swim Clinics and OWS Outings in the Upstate
Thanks for the info! I've been wanting to put in OWS on Sundays. This will be perfect!
2014-08-13 11:28 AM
in reply to: Clempson

Thanks for the headsup and the link Clempson. Do you know if this will be very basic learn-to-swim type clinics, or will it be for those of us who need a few pointers to get better?

Thank-you.
2014-08-13 12:12 PM
in reply to: moukie

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC

Originally posted by moukie Thanks for the headsup and the link Clempson. Do you know if this will be very basic learn-to-swim type clinics, or will it be for those of us who need a few pointers to get better? Thank-you.

I'd imagine it would be a bit of both depending on who shows up.  I'd recommend contacting them if it is the deciding factor for you. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Swim Clinics and OWS Outings in the Upstate Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Upstate Open Water Swims for IM

Started by DavidKSC
Views: 725 Posts: 2

2014-06-28 7:42 PM Clempson

Open Water Swimming in the Upstate

Started by fitmomsc
Views: 2539 Posts: 10

2013-08-27 8:16 AM pschriver

Swimming Pools in the Upstate

Started by krazytallchick
Views: 679 Posts: 2

2012-11-04 9:46 AM WoodrowCall

Upstate Triathlon Club

Started by unixtool
Views: 4534 Posts: 17

2010-11-05 8:20 AM Chaderbox

Upstate Role Call

Started by chrisemt
Views: 1060 Posts: 7

2008-05-15 4:38 AM TROGDOR
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.

date : March 4, 2009
author : nevergivin
comments : 5
Benefits of an underwater swim clinic to help correct your swimming stroke - plus a few swim tips to be mindful of.
date : May 7, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 1
If you have running problems or just want to improve your running, this video will serve to show you how a ChiRunning clinic is conducted and the philosophy behind it.

date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.
date : June 21, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 0
Some are getting a little OWS practice in, others are strategizing, the rest are just plain scared.

date : August 31, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.
date : August 31, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
Interval training is used to describe the system of multiple repeat swims used in most swim training programs. The best way to improve aerobic endurance is through short rest periods.