Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Adrian Peterson Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-09-23 8:43 AM

Subject: Adrian Peterson
I am curious about the Peterson thing - am I the only one that thinks the media has lost sight of one of the biggest problems with this man? He may have learned from his mother and his h.s. coach that a whooping is the way to keep your kids in line and maybe he thought he was being a good parent by whooping the kid, BUT he has six kids with six different women, and none of these women are all rather dodgy. One is a stripper, another is a playboy model, another is a BabyGotBack model (yes, there is such a magazine) showing her nasty front end and back end covered with tats, another is also a stripper, and yet another is a stripper ... you have six kids, six different trashy women, leave the kids with their respective trashy mothers (not to mention the one whose other bf beat the kid to death last year and the commentators all expressed how bad they felt for AP even though he had never bothered to meet the kid), then the one week of the year that you decide to spend with the kid, you expect him to follow your rules to a T or get whooped. How can you leave the kids scattered all over the country, with trashy mothers, then claim you are a good parent by having your rules apply one week out of the year and failure to comply = a whooping? I *might* be open to thinking he was trying to be a good parent ..if only he actually tried to be and tried to have an intact family, and baby mommas that actually were the kind of women that had a better chance of being good mothers.

2014-09-23 6:08 PM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Adrian Peterson

Wow, so much wrong with that post I don't know where to begin.  I'm assuming the 55 plus other people that visited the thread (and counting) and didn't respond may have felt the same way.

2014-09-23 7:06 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite
It took a while for A.D. to get his own thread here...and I think Kido showed why.
If one takes a stand against irresponsible behavior (which I think we can all agree Adrian consistently demonstrated) they're likely going to be decried for being too "judgy" (which I don't even know is a word)
Let's face it, Peterson never even met the 2 year old he "fathered" that was beaten to death. It's sad on so many levels.
6 kids, 6 different women? Yeah, I'm with gotbitten sayin' it's completely ridiculous.

I'm a huge Vikings fan and I've gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in the guy.
I don't expect anyone to be a choirboy, but crimony!

The abuse issue isn't touched by many because honestly, I think a majority of the population still believes corporal punishment is acceptable.
That majority wants to avoid the slippery slope that would ultimately lead to their behavior being made illegal.

P.S. Kido, after re-reading the original post, I think your biggest concern was likely the extensive (perhaps excessive) use of the word "trashy." In this case, it sure looks like the shoe fits.

P.S. 2, perhaps Adrian's baby-mommas could band together and make an "Adrian Peterson's Baby Momma's House!" reality tv show. It would be like The Duggars except completely different.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2014-09-23 7:14 PM
2014-09-23 7:20 PM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Pro

I don't like Adrian Peterson....in fact, I don't like anyone who is like Adrian Peterson.....and I guess I don't like anyone who likes Adrian Peterson either.

2014-09-23 9:24 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Left Brain

I don't like Adrian Peterson....in fact, I don't like anyone who is like Adrian Peterson.....and I guess I don't like anyone who likes Adrian Peterson either.

That said, I think we can all agree he's one HECK of a running back.
He's a freak of nature wrecking ball of a runner. What he did just coming back from that ACL reconstruction a couple years ago was unreal.

My 4 year old has an Adrian Peterson hat and a jersey. My wife and I have talked about it...it's staying. A: he has no clue who Adrian Peterson is, and B: it still looks cool. It goes back to what I've said about movie stars. What they do in their private life doesn't concern me. What they do on-screen, or on the field is what I look at.

2014-09-23 9:38 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

That said, I think we can all agree he's one HECK of a running back. He's a freak of nature wrecking ball of a runner. What he did just coming back from that ACL reconstruction a couple years ago was unreal. My 4 year old has an Adrian Peterson hat and a jersey. My wife and I have talked about it...it's staying. A: he has no clue who Adrian Peterson is, and B: it still looks cool. It goes back to what I've said about movie stars. What they do in their private life doesn't concern me. What they do on-screen, or on the field is what I look at.

Honestly, the NFL is starting to give me a friggin headache.  I love football, the same way I do all sports.....but the NFL is wearing me thin.  I'm not watching much these first 3 weeks, because I'm sick of all the noise.  So far, I've been to a high school football game for the last 3 Friday nights.....that's good enough for me.  You can have the forking circus.

Edited by Left Brain 2014-09-23 9:38 PM

2014-09-23 10:03 PM

User image

Elite

That said, I think we can all agree he's one HECK of a running back. He's a freak of nature wrecking ball of a runner. What he did just coming back from that ACL reconstruction a couple years ago was unreal. My 4 year old has an Adrian Peterson hat and a jersey. My wife and I have talked about it...it's staying. A: he has no clue who Adrian Peterson is, and B: it still looks cool. It goes back to what I've said about movie stars. What they do in their private life doesn't concern me. What they do on-screen, or on the field is what I look at.

Honestly, the NFL is starting to give me a friggin headache.  I love football, the same way I do all sports.....but the NFL is wearing me thin.  I'm not watching much these first 3 weeks, because I'm sick of all the noise.  So far, I've been to a high school football game for the last 3 Friday nights.....that's good enough for me.  You can have the forking circus.

I'd love to see a sportswriter write an article that breaks down occurrences of this sort (abuse, drugs, etc.) that give the sport a black eye...with %'s found in the general population. The negatives seem to get all the press.
That said, I truly believe the Rice and Peterson incidences will lead to strict new personal conduct policies.
This is a great opportunity for the NFL...I have a feeling they're going to do the right thing. Stricter rules. Better enforcement.
2014-09-23 10:08 PM

User image

Pro

I'd love to see a sportswriter write an article that breaks down occurrences of this sort (abuse, drugs, etc.) that give the sport a black eye...with %'s found in the general population. The negatives seem to get all the press. That said, I truly believe the Rice and Peterson incidences will lead to strict new personal conduct policies. This is a great opportunity for the NFL...I have a feeling they're going to do the right thing. Stricter rules. Better enforcement.

Yeah, admittedly, that's what it probably is for me.....I deal with this crap every day on my job because these idiots are everywhere.....I have no stomach for it with my entertainment.  I think men who beat women should be stuffed in a trash can.  I think men who aren't fathers to their children should be thrown off a cliff.  You know, be a man, it's not that hard.  I don't want to watch or hear about these jerkoffs, who can't figure it out, when I'm on my own time. 

I realize it's my issue......enjoy the show.  I share your wish that the NFL becomes a positive example for all.

Edited by Left Brain 2014-09-23 10:26 PM
2014-09-23 10:44 PM

User image

Elite

I'd love to see a sportswriter write an article that breaks down occurrences of this sort (abuse, drugs, etc.) that give the sport a black eye...with %'s found in the general population. The negatives seem to get all the press. That said, I truly believe the Rice and Peterson incidences will lead to strict new personal conduct policies. This is a great opportunity for the NFL...I have a feeling they're going to do the right thing. Stricter rules. Better enforcement.

Yeah, admittedly, that's what it probably is for me.....I deal with this crap every day on my job because these idiots are everywhere.....I have no stomach for it with my entertainment.  I think men who beat women should be stuffed in a trash can.  I think men who aren't fathers to their children should be thrown off a cliff.  You know, be a man, it's not that hard.  I don't want to watch or hear about these jerkoffs, who can't figure it out, when I'm on my own time. 

I realize it's my issue......enjoy the show.  I share your wish that the NFL becomes a positive example for all.

LB, great post.
Thanks for doing what you do...dealing with the dirtbags that is...and having the restraint to NOT throw them off cliffs.

2014-09-24 9:31 AM

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
2014-09-24 9:58 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

To me that sounds like a female wearing a Ray Rice jersey. Seems weird...

I also saw yesterday where Hope Solo American soccer goaltender ahs been charged with Domestic violence, yet she remains on the US Soccer team.

Edited by jford2309 2014-09-24 10:17 AM

2014-09-24 10:36 AM
in reply to: jford2309

New user
Key West
Originally posted by jford2309

To me that sounds like a female wearing a Ray Rice jersey. Seems weird...

I also saw yesterday where Hope Solo American soccer goaltender ahs been charged with Domestic violence, yet she remains on the US Soccer team.

First, let me say, I appreciate athletic talent, and AP definitely has a gift. Too bad he degrades that gift by his behavior off the field. Like it or not, these people are role models to many and so they should be held to a higher standard. At the very least to meet a minimum standard, like not be a criminal.

As for Hope Solo, I completely agree that there should not be any double standard. So, if this happened (which from what I understand it did), then her team and the league need to take some action here.

As I woman I was totally creeped out and disappointed in the women wearing the Rice jerseys. Scares me that these people vote and carry guns.
2014-09-24 10:52 AM
in reply to: gotbitten

User image

Master
Malvern, PA
I don't see anything at all wrong with original post... his big excuse is that 'he was only trying to be a good father"

well start by being around for your kids and provided a stable home environment...

brutal.. six kids who have six different half-siblings?
2014-09-24 2:05 PM

User image

I watch the NFL because I like football.  I honestly wish the media wouldn't cover any of the garbage related to player's personal lives because I don't care.  If one of them does something bad, then sure, put them in jail, fine them, suspend them, kick them out of the league...do whatever you want...I just don't want to hear about it like somehow it's a bigger story then the actual game going on the field.  The hours and hours of time Sports Center and sports talk radio spends on these topics drives me nuts.  I just want to watch highlights of the game.  If someone gets suspended, it only takes 20 seconds to mention it and move on.  I have no interest in getting all upset about the bad things NFL players do off the field...I rather get upset about them fumbling, throwing picks, or missing tackles.

2014-09-24 2:12 PM
in reply to: maxmattmick

User image

Sensei
Sin City

The problem I had with is this...

If you got a problem with Peterson, fine.  I do.  You don't whip kids and leave marks and welts on their body for "punishment".  Bash the guy all you want about that - I Have no problem with it.  Criticize his lifestyle choices as well if you don't agree with it.  I get that.

I'm just curious, what did these women you call trashy and nasty and basically put down as low lifes have to do with Adrian Peterson beating his kid?  I'm not sure I see the connection/reason to come down on them (even if you don't agree with their career choice).  Are they automatically bad people or bad mothers?  I just don't see the connection.

Let me ask.  If he was married and she was a school teacher or doctor...  Does that make a difference about his beating a kid?  Make it worse?  Better?  Acceptable?  Not acceptable?

I think the media has it right - focus on the ACTUAL ISSUE - which is a grown man, beating a 4 yr old...  PERIOD.  Why anyone would think who someone dates, or fathers a kid with, and the occupation of supposedly "trashy" women has to do with a grown man beating a 4 yr old - I don't get.

What it is, is taking an issue about child abuse and turning it into some kind of condemnation/judging of a women's occupation and calling them trashy or bad people and someone's life style choice or family values.  Not sure why they are the "bigger problem" or even to blame for Adrian Peterson beating his kid...

But go ahead, say THEY are the bigger problem, or how he fathers kids out of wedlock is the "bigger" problem.  Go ahead and blame them for him beating his kid...  I would rather focus on what was done and who did it, not a bunch of women someone thinks are "trash" because they chose to be in playboy or some kind of other magazine with the "tattooed and nasty body"...  To me, that's completely missing the target of this child abuse.   They could be very good mothers in all other respects - we don't know....  But let's blame them for Adrian beating his kid..

2014-09-24 2:15 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Jason N

I watch the NFL because I like football.  I honestly wish the media wouldn't cover any of the garbage related to player's personal lives because I don't care.  If one of them does something bad, then sure, put them in jail, fine them, suspend them, kick them out of the league...do whatever you want...I just don't want to hear about it like somehow it's a bigger story then the actual game going on the field.  The hours and hours of time Sports Center and sports talk radio spends on these topics drives me nuts.  I just want to watch highlights of the game.  If someone gets suspended, it only takes 20 seconds to mention it and move on.  I have no interest in getting all upset about the bad things NFL players do off the field...I rather get upset about them fumbling, throwing picks, or missing tackles.

See, I agree with that......my problem is that once I know you are an abuser, or a dead beat father, I won't watch you anymore.  What I don't know I don't know.....but once I know, pizz off, I'm done.....I don't see a football player anymore....so in my way of thinking, get rid of them.

The problem, so far, is that the league and the teams will do anything possible to downplay or overlook those things, because good ball players are needed for good teams.    So we are left with hearing about it non-stop and choosing to watch or not watch these idiots.  I choose no.

2014-09-24 2:18 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Kido

If you got a problem with Peterson, fine.  I do.  You don't whip kids and leave marks and welts on their body for "punishment".  Bash the guy all you want about that - I Have no problem with it.  Criticize his lifestyle choices as well if you don't agree with it.  I get that.

I'm just curious, what did these women you call trashy and nasty and basically put down as low lifes have to do with Adrian Peterson beating his kid?  I'm not sure I see the connection/reason to come down on them (even if you don't agree with their career choice).  Are they automatically bad people or bad mothers?  I just don't see the connection.

Let me ask.  If he was married and she was a school teacher or doctor...  Does that make a difference about his beating a kid?  Make it worse?  Better?  Acceptable?  Not acceptable?

I think the media has it right - focus on the ACTUAL ISSUE - which is a grown man, beating a 4 yr old...  PERIOD.  Why anyone would think who someone dates, or fathers a kid with, and the occupation of supposedly "trashy" women has to do with a grown man beating a 4 yr old - I don't get.

What it is, is taking an issue about child abuse and turning it into some kind of condemnation/judging of a women's occupation and calling them trashy or bad people and someone's life style choice or family values.  Not sure why they are the "bigger problem" or even to blame for Adrian Peterson beating his kid...

But go ahead, say THEY are the bigger problem, or how he fathers kids out of wedlock is the "bigger" problem.  Go ahead and blame them for him beating his kid...  I would rather focus on what was done and who did it, not a bunch of women someone thinks are "trash" because they chose to be in playboy or some kind of other magazine with the "tattooed and nasty body"...  To me, that's completely missing the target of this child abuse.   They could be very good mothers in all other respects - we don't know....  But let's blame them for Adrian beating his kid..

Eh, it's a bit more than just beating his kid......my issue is the idea that he is not a father to any of his kids....hell, he didn't even know the kid that was murdered by some other moron.  I don't like Adrian Peterson or people like him.

As for the women.....I don't care at all.  They aren't on my TV when I want to watch a football game.

2014-09-24 2:20 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Eh, it's a bit more than just beating his kid......my issue is the idea that he is not a father to any of his kids....hell, he didn't even know the kid that was murdered by some other moron.  I don't like Adrian Peterson or people like him.

As for the women.....I don't care at all.  They aren't on my TV when I want to watch a football game.

+1 it is more an indictment on his character than anything else. He has none IMO

2014-09-24 2:52 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I'm fine with that.   Judge Adrian Peterson for HIS actions. 

I just think it's funny that half the OP was about how trashy the women were, as if they had something to do with AP beating his kid with a stick or being a dead beat dad.

I guess it doesn't really matter.  I don't like him for his actions and don't know the women.  If people want to blame them and their their career choice for AP's actions, I guess it doesn't impact me.  I tend to defend people on the internet for some reason.

We could also probably blame his upbringing, his southern upbringing, maybe his religion, parents, etc.  Let's blame them all as the bigger problem instead of the guy who hit a kid with a stick. 

2014-09-25 7:13 AM
in reply to: Kido

Master
Memphis, TN
On a selfish note: This is killing my Fantasy Football team.

Seriously though, I'm kind of torn on this issue. I don't want to start a discussion on race at all but black fathers are criticized by many for not being around for their kids and teaching them right and wrong. In this case, he was disciplining his son. Did he go to far? Perhaps but he was, I think, trying to teach his son right from wrong. It's no the method I would have used but as parents we don't really have a handbook that tells us for each infraction that our kids make what the prescribed punishment should be.

but seriously this is killing my Fantasy Football team
2014-09-25 7:38 AM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas

Originally posted by Jtiger but seriously this is killing my Fantasy Football team

ha.  i drafted ray rice assuming 2 weeks suspension and back to normal.  i've dropped him since then, obviously, but healthy and non-suspended running backs are getting hard to come by!

2014-09-25 8:47 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran

I just think it's funny that half the OP was about how trashy the women were, as if they had something to do with AP beating his kid with a stick or being a dead beat dad.

I guess it doesn't really matter.  I don't like him for his actions and don't know the women.  If people want to blame them and their their career choice for AP's actions, I guess it doesn't impact me.  I tend to defend people on the internet for some reason.

We could also probably blame his upbringing, his southern upbringing, maybe his religion, parents, etc.  Let's blame them all as the bigger problem instead of the guy who hit a kid with a stick. 

You don't think that a woman that gets involved with a man that has fathered 5 other children from 5 other women is a bit sketchy? Maybe the first 2 women were saints, and were not aware of Adrian's character, but after that it is pretty safe to assume that they knowingly put themselves in a bad situation and then made at least one terrible decision. Is that enough to call them trashy, maybe not. But it isn't a huge leap to get there.

Edited by jmcconne 2014-09-25 8:48 AM
2014-09-25 8:59 AM
in reply to: jmcconne

User image

Elite
Originally posted by jmcconne

You don't think that a woman that gets involved with a man that has fathered 5 other children from 5 other women is a bit sketchy? Maybe the first 2 women were saints, and were not aware of Adrian's character, but after that it is pretty safe to assume that they knowingly put themselves in a bad situation and then made at least one terrible decision. Is that enough to call them trashy, maybe not. But it isn't a huge leap to get there.

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.
2014-09-25 9:03 AM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Jtiger

On a selfish note: This is killing my Fantasy Football team.

Seriously though, I'm kind of torn on this issue. I don't want to start a discussion on race at all but black fathers are criticized by many for not being around for their kids and teaching them right and wrong. In this case, he was disciplining his son. Did he go to far? Perhaps but he was, I think, trying to teach his son right from wrong. It's no the method I would have used but as parents we don't really have a handbook that tells us for each infraction that our kids make what the prescribed punishment should be.

but seriously this is killing my Fantasy Football team

You mean you haven't picked up the next Vikes' RB superstar, Matt Asiata?

Don't worry, it's not just Peterson's situation killing fantasy teams. Try having Charles, Tate, and Martin as your "Big 3!."
I've scrambled to 2-1 behind Terrance West and (gulp) Trent Richardson! Thank God for Andrew Luck!

2014-09-25 9:24 AM
in reply to: jmcconne

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by jmcconne

Yeah, you're right...  I guess it IS their fault for AP beating a his kid...  Let him play!

I stand corrected.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Adrian Peterson Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Prayers go out to Adrian Peterson

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1094 Posts: 6

2013-10-14 9:47 PM jford2309

Would you marry Drew Peterson?

Started by mr2tony
Views: 963 Posts: 13

2008-12-17 1:26 PM nmp
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 6, 2010
author : areyoux8
comments : 14
This is the story of a beginner triathlete's life altering conquest of his first Ironman.