General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training swim gear for the well endowed ladies Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-11-05 11:40 PM

Subject: Training swim gear for the well endowed ladies
I joined this forum specifically because I'm stumped in what to wear for training in the pool. I read the awesome thread on sport bra recommendations (bought a shock absorber last weekend) and hope you all can help me.

I've been swimming in a pull over sports bra that is too small and a tri top and running shorts. A regular suit has almost no support and between my 34G's and long torso, even with a sports bra regular swimsuits cut me off somewhere. And the razorback of almost all tri suits just kills my neck.

I've looked on Speedo and Tyr website, but I'd love any suggestions of what I can swim in that will hold up for my 2-3x a week in the pool.

In summary any suggestions of:
1. tri tops that don't have a razorback
2. where I can find swim 'shorts' that will hold up to an hour in the pool.
3. any other suggestions for what you swim in?

Jerri

2014-11-06 7:30 AM
in reply to: jerrific

User image

Fairfax, VA
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Training swim gear for the well endowed ladies
Have you considered a tankini for training?  Something like this:
http://www.biggerbras.com/freya-big-cup-bras-swim/freya-active-swim-tankini-3184.shtml

In the past, I've also used the AquaTerra collection from Lands End and it looks like they have shorts:
http://www.landsend.com/products/womens-aquaterra-swim-shorts/id_272084

For me (40DD), I will wear a regular swimsuit and sports bra for the pool, and for races I wear my sports bra under a men's tri top.

Good luck!
2014-11-12 6:23 PM
in reply to: jenstewey

Subject: RE: Training swim gear for the well endowed ladies
awesome suggestions! google searches have not gotten me the results that I've needed, this is exactly what I was looking for!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training swim gear for the well endowed ladies Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Well endowed ladies?

Started by cincygirl
Views: 3654 Posts: 14

2014-11-27 3:19 PM MissJess

conundrum with swimming gear

Started by serenityau
Views: 832 Posts: 2

2012-04-03 10:02 AM dsand97

Newbie question about ladies gear

Started by motoxmom1
Views: 1348 Posts: 4

2011-04-08 1:23 PM Becca4277

Best Training Ever

Started by Fatboy32
Views: 1356 Posts: 6

2010-07-30 7:35 AM asgate99

Two a Day Swim Training?

Started by RaytownPete
Views: 1250 Posts: 9

2007-09-18 11:16 PM chirunner134
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 14, 2014
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 2
Is there an ideal head position? The criteria below will give you a general idea of when you know you have found your sweet spot for head position.

date : February 24, 2012
author : SwimSmart
comments : 9
Improve your technique and swim better with less effort by knowing these simple facts.
date : July 7, 2009
author : Total Immersion
comments : 0
Work less to swim better. Part two of this video series covers the principles of active streamlining to swim faster with less effort.

date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.
date : January 3, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
All-around body strengthening and conditioning, in short, will make the athlete stronger from head to toe to push bigger gears and to apply more power in your swim stroke.

date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.
date : October 12, 2004
author : robinskj
A busy, fat lady gets hooked on Tri's. You can too!

date : September 8, 2004
author : TriSports.com
comments : 3
Online triathlon superstore, created for triathletes, by triathletes. We carry the highest quality triathlon equipment, triathlon gear and triathlon apparel.