BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 104

2015-08-30 6:27 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio
Subject: RE: Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?)

Great effort Yanti!
Glad you took care of yourself first and foremost.  So close!

2015-08-31 9:37 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by brigby1

Was in the Ride Across Wisconsin yesterday. 175 miles across lower Wisconsin, Dubuque IA to the beach in Kenosha WI. Went with my brother and the Trek crew. Rode The Awesome Bus from Trek HQ in Waterloo out to the place. Sitting right in front of me was multi time Ironman Champ Linsey Corbin. Sleeping in the spot behind was Bauke Mollema, #7 GC in the TdF this year. At the team dinner that evening some Euro guy sat down next to me. Think his most known quote is "Shut Up Legs". Used the same bike for this as last week too.

Dang, how cool is that, rubbing elbows with all those famous people?!  Hopefully the front derailleur was working this time....

2015-08-31 10:41 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by laffinrock

Was in the Ride Across Wisconsin yesterday. 175 miles across lower Wisconsin, Dubuque IA to the beach in Kenosha WI. Went with my brother and the Trek crew. Rode The Awesome Bus from Trek HQ in Waterloo out to the place. Sitting right in front of me was multi time Ironman Champ Linsey Corbin. Sleeping in the spot behind was Bauke Mollema, #7 GC in the TdF this year. At the team dinner that evening some Euro guy sat down next to me. Think his most known quote is "Shut Up Legs". Used the same bike for this as last week too.

Dang, how cool is that, rubbing elbows with all those famous people?!  Hopefully the front derailleur was working this time....

Yeah, not really. Chain gradually was grinding worse, so left in the middle ring the last 25 miles. The middle ring is a 42T, so I still had enough speed with how everyone was riding.

2015-08-31 11:45 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

That is way cool. I'd love to participate in Jensie's Gran Fondo. Maybe I should work on my bike skillz more  

2015-08-31 1:55 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

That sounds like an awesome experience.

2015-08-31 10:32 PM
in reply to: msteiner

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Ben your ride sounds great, all those people.

It sounds much more exciting than my run. Even though that is the case here is my Race report http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

(sorry I don't know how to shorten the link.)

2015-09-01 4:05 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would find out when the Disney Marathon weekend is on in 2018?
2015-09-01 7:40 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would find out when the Disney Marathon weekend is on in 2018?

This sounds like a job for Hands but I think it's always the weekend after the first Monday of the year

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

It looks like 2018 is the 25th anniversary race.

2015-09-01 8:17 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Originally posted by StaceyK So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I would find out when the Disney Marathon weekend is on in 2018?

This sounds like a job for Hands but I think it's always the weekend after the first Monday of the year

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

I don't know if they've posted the dates yet, but those dates should be right.  The Marathon is on Sunday, so if the 7th is Sunday that's the date.  Are you planning a trip to Disney?

2015-09-01 8:28 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

I don't know if they've posted the dates yet, but those dates should be right.  The Marathon is on Sunday, so if the 7th is Sunday that's the date.  Are you planning a trip to Disney?

It sounds like she might be planning a Manatee Meetup!

2015-09-01 8:50 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

Well Phil and I and my friend K and her husband are planning to spend Christmas 2017 in Canada and today K saw the Disney medals and now wants to come home via Florida and get this do the DOPEY CHALLENGE!

K has never run in her life, she walked the 12k on the weekend. She is about 100lb over weight but she is really psyched to do this. She has even printed off a massive photo of the 6 Disney medals and stuck it on the wall right in front of her desk. It is all about her bling - but if that's what motivates her to start to get active and lose some weight I don't care. She has already signed up to do a tri with me early in November.

2015-09-01 8:57 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

Well Phil and I and my friend K and her husband are planning to spend Christmas 2017 in Canada and today K saw the Disney medals and now wants to come home via Florida and get this do the DOPEY CHALLENGE! K has never run in her life, she walked the 12k on the weekend. She is about 100lb over weight but she is really psyched to do this. She has even printed off a massive photo of the 6 Disney medals and stuck it on the wall right in front of her desk. It is all about her bling - but if that's what motivates her to start to get active and lose some weight I don't care. She has already signed up to do a tri with me early in November.

You might want to keep quiet about the Coast to Coast Challenge

2015-09-01 9:12 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

Well Phil and I and my friend K and her husband are planning to spend Christmas 2017 in Canada and today K saw the Disney medals and now wants to come home via Florida and get this do the DOPEY CHALLENGE! K has never run in her life, she walked the 12k on the weekend. She is about 100lb over weight but she is really psyched to do this. She has even printed off a massive photo of the 6 Disney medals and stuck it on the wall right in front of her desk. It is all about her bling - but if that's what motivates her to start to get active and lose some weight I don't care. She has already signed up to do a tri with me early in November.

If she's serious about doing Dopey you all should keep in mind that it sells out fast!!  So as soon as it opens up after the 2016 races ( I think in late April) you need to plan on signing up.  I think last year's Dopey was at 80% capacity within 1.5 hrs of registration opening! All of the races will sell out too, so even if you plan on "only" running the marathon or HM you will need to jump on it pretty quickly.

2015-09-01 9:39 AM

User image

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

Coast to Coast Challenge? What's that??

First thing I do when I retire is get that Coast to Coast medal! Dopey in Florida and then a Challenge of some sort in Disneyland. They are also starting a Disneyland Paris race next year as well, so there may be a new challenge to complete.

I have 11 weeks until Disney Avengers and I can run 30 minutes before the hobbling ends my run. 11 weeks to learn to suck it up again!

2015-09-01 9:53 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

While Googling Coast to Coast Challenge, I came across this http://www.ratracecoasttocoast.com/ and I really, really, really want to do it!  2017, perhaps.  I've long wanted to visit Scotland since I am of Scottish descent, and this race sounds EPIC (just for you, Chris)! 

2015-09-01 10:23 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

While Googling Coast to Coast Challenge, I came across this http://www.ratracecoasttocoast.com/ and I really, really, really want to do it!  2017, perhaps.  I've long wanted to visit Scotland since I am of Scottish descent, and this race sounds EPIC (just for you, Chris)! 

that does sound EPIC

2015-09-01 10:27 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by popsracer

My son is pressing hard for a dog and I think we are weakening.  The companionship and responsibility would be good for him and I think he is ready.  We took an online breed compatibility test that was quite extensive and a vizsla came back as the best fit.  So funny because my older, adult son has a vizsla.  I've taken him running before and they can run like you wouldn't believe.  Would be pretty cool to have a running buddy.

Steve, I'll throw a wrench in your decision. not really a wrench, just more options!

http://www.trailrunnermag.com/training/trail-tips/1244-top-10-dog-breeds-for-trail-runners

I woman I run with has a golden doodle.  he's almost 10 and still running strong.  In fact, he might beat me in our run streak challenge!! 

Lol - If you're looking for a good dog to run with, I would suggest AGAINST a pitt/vizsla mix.  She gets about a mile in and then just lays down and Will.Not.Move.  It was so bad the last time we took her for a 3 mile walk in one of the state parks that Tony had to carry her at one point while I ran for the car.  Let's just say that she's not built for endurance... or speed.  

Poor Brisket!

2015-09-01 10:37 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Seattle
I'm alive!
2015-09-01 10:37 AM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by fortissimo

January 6-8, 2017

January 4-7, 2018

Coast to Coast Challenge? What's that?? First thing I do when I retire is get that Coast to Coast medal! Dopey in Florida and then a Challenge of some sort in Disneyland. They are also starting a Disneyland Paris race next year as well, so there may be a new challenge to complete. I have 11 weeks until Disney Avengers and I can run 30 minutes before the hobbling ends my run. 11 weeks to learn to suck it up again!

I see that Disney is spreading the Star Wars love to the east coast as well. Now DS2 and I can do that one one whichever coast he lands.

2015-09-01 10:40 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by Asalzwed I'm alive!

Yay!!! Your pictures were awesome. My fave was the "bridge" across the "creek"

2015-09-01 10:42 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

My son is pressing hard for a dog and I think we are weakening.  The companionship and responsibility would be good for him and I think he is ready.  We took an online breed compatibility test that was quite extensive and a vizsla came back as the best fit.  So funny because my older, adult son has a vizsla.  I've taken him running before and they can run like you wouldn't believe.  Would be pretty cool to have a running buddy.

Steve, I'll throw a wrench in your decision. not really a wrench, just more options!

http://www.trailrunnermag.com/training/trail-tips/1244-top-10-dog-breeds-for-trail-runners

I woman I run with has a golden doodle.  he's almost 10 and still running strong.  In fact, he might beat me in our run streak challenge!! 

Lol - If you're looking for a good dog to run with, I would suggest AGAINST a pitt/vizsla mix.  She gets about a mile in and then just lays down and Will.Not.Move.  It was so bad the last time we took her for a 3 mile walk in one of the state parks that Tony had to carry her at one point while I ran for the car.  Let's just say that she's not built for endurance... or speed.  

My pit/lab mix is the same way. He's good for about a mile, then he's done. And when he's done, he's done, ain't no moving him.

2015-09-01 10:46 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Seattle
Originally posted by rrrunner

Haha it should be mentioned, I went first. I'm pulling together a more formal and data filled report which I will eventually share so. stay tuned. What an experience.
2015-09-01 10:53 AM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Haha it should be mentioned, I went first. I'm pulling together a more formal and data filled report which I will eventually share so. stay tuned. What an experience.

I hope the storm didn't impact you too much.  It was down right scary around our neighboorhood with some huge trees coming down and branches everywhere.  Glad to hear you are back unscathed and can't wait to hear the details.

2015-09-01 11:02 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by Asalzwed

I hope the storm didn't impact you too much.  It was down right scary around our neighboorhood with some huge trees coming down and branches everywhere.  Glad to hear you are back unscathed and can't wait to hear the details.

Oh I never said I was unscathed!

Yeah, crazy circumstances. As it turned out, the wilderness area we stayed on night one was shut down due to threatening fire situation after the wind change literally just as we were leaving. Our crew had to move a road block in order to get the (my) car out from the trail-head.

Our third day (the day of the storm) we woke up to a little rain but nothing major. We ran out to the PCT closure and back and the sun came out. On our way back it rained a little more and we heard a tree come down in the forest (which made me start eyeing the trees and strategizing a plan if one came down) but we didn't experience ANY wind and really no torrential rain. 

By the time we got into town and to our hotel literally EVERYTHING around was without power except the little spot we decided to stay. There were trees all over the roads and nearly everything else was shut down. The city of Seattle included. 

Everything just worked out for us somehow. We even ended up close to the original intended mileage. Shrug. 

2015-09-01 11:21 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

My pit/lab mix is the same way. He's good for about a mile, then he's done. And when he's done, he's done, ain't no moving him.

Do note that the two of you are in areas that tend to be rather hot. That can have a huge effect on how much a dog runs.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Mad Manatees 2015.3 CLOSED (or Poptarts? Pet pics?) Rss Feed  

of 104

RELATED POSTS

Manatee Mentors 2015.2 CLOSED (Poptarts? Pet pics?) Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66636 Posts: 2660

2015-05-20 9:51 AM IndoIronYanti

Ryan Mac’s HIM Focus Group - CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26

Started by Ryan Mac
Views: 28065 Posts: 639

2015-06-15 3:22 PM Ryan Mac

TZCoaching tri getting started group! - CLOSED Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tzcoaching
Views: 11852 Posts: 98

2015-03-01 12:25 PM tzcoaching

Dominion's Sprint/Oly/70.3 Group--Closed Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36

Started by Dominion
Views: 37288 Posts: 891

2016-01-04 10:48 AM burner2

Mad Manatee Mentors CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 66327 Posts: 2498

2015-02-23 11:27 AM IndoIronYanti
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.