UK Triathlon Forum England » How do you do it? Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2016-01-03 2:46 PM

User image

Subject: How do you do it?
I'm a Man Utd fan....Crystal Palace too just in case Man Utd crashes...anyway, every weekend when I watch the EPL, it's always raining! I'm in US, New Jersey, 20 miles from New York City,..trying to keep my outdoor running going thru the winter. No way I could do it in the UK. Cold is one thing, but cold and RAIN....it's raining every time I watch a game! How do you keep training thru the winter? Any thoughts on LVG? Stay or keep? Hire Morinho?

2016-01-08 12:28 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Subject: RE: How do you do it?

I think you just get on with it NJBill! 

Personally i like running in light rain with a slightly colder temperature as it keeps me from overheating. Dont get me wrong my favourite time to ride the bike is in the summer but on a cold, crisp, sunny winters day with no wind I always have awesome rides.

"there's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing"

And I guess you've been looking out for Palace results more often recently? Man Utd just arent the club they used to be - problems on the field and even the academy has been decimated. I think your problems are wider than just head coach, question is do the Glazers have the right people in place to rebuild it?

I'm a Fulham fan btw, ,you have any thoughts on Shahid Khan?

Edited by Triathlon_daddy 2016-01-08 12:32 AM
2016-01-12 9:42 PM
in reply to: #5158865

User image

I used to enjoy watching Fulham when they had Danny Murphy and the Americans. Don't see them now but I will check them out...anyway, Man Utd on today. In US, it on at 2:45pm, so I recorded it. So, home from work at 7pm, move my tri bike on trainer to my finished basement... Bar and 2 tv's. I put on a iTunes, deekron spinning class on my iPod, watching Man Utd and New York Knicks vs Boston Celtics...similar to Man Utd vs Liverpool.20 minutes into the workout, they call a penalty in the box on Chris Smalling and award Newcastle a penalty kick...I jump off my bike yelling "No Way!!" So much for the workout. Knicks lost the lead in the 4th quarter...my night ended up with beer and Manhattans...the replay clearly showed the Newcastle player pulling C Smalling down...agreed? Anyway, the Knicks won! Probably my worst workout in a while, but the beer was good!
2016-01-29 2:37 AM
in reply to: NJBIll

User image

Originally posted by NJBIll

I'm a Man Utd fan....Crystal Palace too just in case Man Utd crashes...anyway, every weekend when I watch the EPL, it's always raining! I'm in US, New Jersey, 20 miles from New York City,..trying to keep my outdoor running going thru the winter. No way I could do it in the UK. Cold is one thing, but cold and RAIN....it's raining every time I watch a game! How do you keep training thru the winter? Any thoughts on LVG? Stay or keep? Hire Morinho?

What a great post... It does stop sometimes, although right now I am struggling to remember when
New Thread
UK Triathlon Forum England » How do you do it? Rss Feed