General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A helping hand if you can.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-01-12 2:28 PM

User image

Pro
Subject: A helping hand if you can....

The latest and best kids triathlon series is Riproar.  The owner/director is Mike Zimmerman, who used to be involved with the Ironkids series.  In late December Mike's trailer containing ALL of the race equipment for the series was stolen.  It has been a fairly big story in Des Moines.  There were apparently some leads, but the trail is dead at this point and Mike is trying to rebuild and maintain the series for this season.

A funding page has been set up if you have the ability and desire to help out.  I have been to Riproar events and they are top notch.  The kids love the races.

https://www.gofundme.com/rebuildingriproar 

Here is the event webpage if you would like to know more about the series.

http://riproarevents.com/ 

Edited by Left Brain 2016-01-12 2:40 PM

2016-01-12 9:49 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland
Subject: RE: A helping hand if you can....
2016-01-12 10:22 PM
in reply to: #5161328

Subject: Rip Roar Triathlons Rebuilding
Hello All!

I wanted to reach out to one of the more active triathlete communities about my friend's youth triathlon organization Rip Roar Events. This last December a greedy individual stole my college friend's trailer that had all of the organizations materials to run the races. Here is a link to the news story about it.

I said when it first happened that when the time came to rebuild that I would try to spread the word as best I could. Within the last 24 hours he started a GoFundMe campaign to rebuild Rip Roar and I wanted to reach out to the Triathlon communities to see if anyone wanted to lend any additional support to an organization focused on building passion in the triathlon community's youth.

He has no idea I am posting this here but I figured there might be no better group to bring this to than people as passionate about triathlons as you all are. Thank you in advance for any support and feel free to shoot him some love on his RipRoar facebook page as well!

Thank you all!

Grant
2016-01-13 1:24 AM
in reply to: grant.tyler.gray@gma

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Subject: RE: Rip Roar Triathlons Rebuilding
I think there is a similar thread already. http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

I hope everything works out for the best!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » A helping hand if you can.... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

The hands Man, what about the Hands???

Started by jford2309
Views: 1574 Posts: 12

2009-11-05 9:18 PM Daremo

Swim hand entry position: helping with body "roll" Pages: 1 2

Started by merlin2375
Views: 1785 Posts: 38

2009-03-04 7:29 AM dalessit

Interesting Experiment - Right Hand v Left Hand Pages: 1 2

Started by jacasa
Views: 2542 Posts: 28

2008-07-29 9:10 AM runningwoof

helping hand - cracked me up

Started by hangloose
Views: 809 Posts: 5

2006-07-05 10:34 PM AdventureBear

Hands-on help for evacuees/Red Cross

Started by Renee
Views: 892 Posts: 3

2005-09-02 8:48 AM Renee
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 22, 2013
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
What can I eat to heal quickly? How can I avoid getting fat while I'm unable to exercise? Should I be taking supplements? This article will address those concerns, plus more.

date : November 5, 2010
author : AMSSM
I've noticed when running that my hands start to swell. I started running with a fuel belt and started sipping water about 15 minutes into my run. It seemed to help for a few runs, but not all.
date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
This is a video of the fingertip drag drill used for recovery to promote high elbows upon hand entry.

date : June 27, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Questions and answers on wetsuit swimming, cadence, interval time, paddle benefit, hand entry, runners kick drills, bilateral breathing and race breathing.
date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.

date : June 5, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 8
When I swim I struggle to get a full breath and consequently run down faster. I spend part of my training on the side of the pool gasping for air.
date : January 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
I’ve signed up to do the St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon in April. I will be 49 in May and need some advice on a good training program to fit into my full time work schedule.

date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Your help is needed to keep BT the best of the best.