General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike for Sale (Checking Local Interest First) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-02-16 4:56 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Bike for Sale (Checking Local Interest First)
I recently purchased a new bike so I am selling my previous and wanted to check for local interest before posting in the classifieds (I hate shipping things).

2008 (I believe this is the correct year based off pictures and research) Kuota K-Factor TT Bike, Size M (for reference I am 6'0" w/ a 32 inch inseam - bike fit well enough but was a little small for me with my long torso and arms). I purchased this bike used on 02/08/13 and have been the owner of it for the past three years. I have put 120 Hours and 2,100.37 miles (logged distance but should be within a few hundred from my use) on it between the road and trainer. I have completed two Half Ironman races and numerous other races and rides with this bike. The previous owner bought the bike and developed hip issues, which forced him to put it up and he never started back up, which was why he sold. The Cateye on it at the time showed under 200 miles when I checked the history, but the guy could not give me any particular numbers. I never wrecked this bike, but did fall over once clipped in when I tried to turn around without enough speed and too big of gear, which bruised my ego but the bike was fine.

BIke will come with the original K-Factor Seat, but will also come with the installed Fizik Tri Airone Seat, along with the Fizik bike bag that clips into it, which can hold at least 1 tube ( I have fit 2 in it for my Half's), 3+ co2, tire tools, and air chuck. Last year I put Conti 4000s tires (black chili) on it that still have plenty of life. New chain last year as well. I also put lime green lizard skin bar tape on it last year that his still good but naturally a little dirty in the normal places. Bike has two water bottle cages installed. Bike has an X-Lab top tube bag as well for your nutrition.

I live in the Brenham area (77833) and would meet a serious buyer with a reasonable distance in a public place.

Pretty firm at $800.00, which I think is a fair price for an all Carbon Bike that is ready for any distance you want to tackle. I can text pictures and further specs to anyone who is interested. (just PM me your number) I will also ensured that the bike has a full tune up prior to delivery.

Edited by Hunting Triathlete 2016-02-16 4:58 PM

2016-03-23 2:42 PM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Bike for Sale (Large Price Drop, $500.00)
After posting the bike I got busy with other things and the sale of it was just not really a big issue. Now I have time again and started to do some research as to why I had received no real interest or offers. I discovered that what I thought was a fair / firm price was likely quit a bit over what I should have been asking.

So with all that being said I now will take $500.00 cash for everything if picked up and $500 plus actual shipping cost if someone wants it shipped. I know that this price is in line with the used market and is a fair price so there really is no give. If there is no interest at this price in Texas thread then I will list in the classifieds.

2016-04-10 10:19 AM
in reply to: Hunting Triathlete

User image

Todd,

Do you still have this bike? I’m very interested but would have to work out some logistics on how to get down there from Fort Worth.

Ryan
2016-04-11 8:39 PM
in reply to: HaaaRyan

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by HaaaRyan

Todd,

Do you still have this bike? I’m very interested but would have to work out some logistics on how to get down there from Fort Worth.

Ryan

I sent you a PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike for Sale (Checking Local Interest First) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Richardson Bike shop - sales person?

Started by jashac
Views: 1749 Posts: 16

2008-10-03 2:27 PM fivefabfruits

Interesting article about biking in DFW

Started by Jazon71
Views: 1044 Posts: 6

2008-09-25 9:45 AM ricro

Bike shop for sale in Plano

Started by KenD
Views: 826 Posts: 13

2007-11-25 4:49 PM TexOma

CapTex Bike Check In

Started by rbalazs
Views: 686 Posts: 7

2007-05-27 5:06 AM jpb0009

Local Used Bike?

Started by KenD
Views: 824 Posts: 5

2007-04-26 10:40 PM Dad23
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
A Walmart bike, a borrowed road bike or a new carbon fiber bike? You don't need to break the bank for your first triathlon bike.

date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.