Other Resources The Political Joe » The Elephant in the room... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2016-03-16 12:28 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: The Elephant in the room...
Originally posted by tuwood

So you support removing all Biblical law from our society?   Then we have to allow Murder.  

On a serious note, I love the study of morality (both spiritual and societal).  It's a fascinating topic that has a lot of interesting points on both sides. 

I think we should use all the Biblical laws, I mean, who are we to pick and choose? I'm tired of people walking around wearing cotton and polyester at the same time, it's sacrilege. Same thing with Red Lobster...do people not understand what an "abomination" is? I mean seriously...

To the topic at hand, I read an interesting article, and I'll try to dig it up, but it noted that although mortality rates are decreasing for every segment of our population, they are increasing (dramatically) for one, and that is middle aged white males. The cause of the increase is that they are, in general, killing themselves. Suicide and acute and long term death from drugs and alcohol are the primary causes. So what you have is a demographic that is not happy, to the point of directly or indirectly ending their own lives to such an extent that they are the only demographic whose mortality is going the wrong way in decades. This article poses the hypothesis that back in the day, it was enough to just be white and male, and everything else sort of took care of itself, but now, with all the competition from women, and minorities that now have an equal shot at the work force, it is not enough, they have to work, and this is making them sad/angry, etc. (those who can't cut it anyway).

When a group of people are angry, frustrated and can't see (or don't want to see) a solution, they seek out a scapegoat. That is the perfect platform for the old demagogic rhetoric which Trump has gained popularity over.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » The Elephant in the room... Rss Feed  

of 4

RELATED POSTS

Man in ladies room Pages: 1 2

Started by velocomp
Views: 3708 Posts: 28

2013-07-04 10:53 AM DanielG