of 76

2016-10-17 1:54 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Election 2016

Originally posted by spudone

Everyone likes to say how much Trump loves Putin, but our current Government has already gotten just as bad as Russia (maybe worse).

Our system may be corrupt but we have two competing sides that are corrupt.

Someone I work with was visiting from Russia.  I grumbled about our crappy election process and I said you must think Americans are crazy.  His response? At least you have a choice.

I know our system isn't as far gone as Russia, but are we heading closer to it or further away?  The level of manipulation and corruption is just unconscionable to me and I truly don't understand how people can vote for Hillary having full knowledge of her level of corruption and contempt for the people.
Even our media is supposed to be a checks and balance of the powerful (on all sides), but they are truly in the tank for the DNC and aren't even hiding it anymore.  Trump has even showed that Fox News which was the "conservative" news is also in the tank for the DNC, just not as bad as the others. 

2016-10-17 2:13 PM
in reply to: #5180918

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Speaking of Trump and Fox News...why does he only appear on that one channel these days and why hasn't he held a press conference or even taken questions from the press since July 27? I remember Trump and his supporters were so worked up about Clinton not being available to the press. She talks to them daily when she is out on the trail these days. What's up with your guy?
2016-10-17 2:17 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers Speaking of Trump and Fox News...why does he only appear on that one channel these days and why hasn't he held a press conference or even taken questions from the press since July 27? I remember Trump and his supporters were so worked up about Clinton not being available to the press. She talks to them daily when she is out on the trail these days. What's up with your guy?

I see your trick question.  Hillary's not on the trail.  lol

Perhaps he's laying low and riding his YUGE lead into November.   

On a serious note, you know how stupid the Hillary questions are at her press conference.  "How are you feeling for the debate?"  "How's it feel to be the first woman nominee"  "You're so great, can I touch a piece of your clothing"...

Whereas you know the blood bath Trump would get if he took any questions at this point. 

2016-10-17 2:22 PM
in reply to: #5202179

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
So you admit he is not strong enough to take the difficult questions?
2016-10-17 2:25 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers So you admit he is not strong enough to take the difficult questions?

haha, I think that's Hillary because she never gets any tough questions.  
I'm just saying the corrupt media is so far gone it's like trying to swim with sharks when you have a cut on your hand at this point.

2016-10-17 2:26 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by ejshowers

Speaking of Trump and Fox News...why does he only appear on that one channel these days and why hasn't he held a press conference or even taken questions from the press since July 27? I remember Trump and his supporters were so worked up about Clinton not being available to the press. She talks to them daily when she is out on the trail these days. What's up with your guy?

No she doesn't! She goes on shows like Ellen. When was the last time she took questions from the media? She hasn't been on the trail! She has been holed up for a week staying out of the public eye. The campaign knows the less people see her and hear her speak the better for her campaign. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people say, "I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me."

Evidently Trump learned something about being a politician from a career politician.

2016-10-17 2:47 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ejshowers Speaking of Trump and Fox News...why does he only appear on that one channel these days and why hasn't he held a press conference or even taken questions from the press since July 27? I remember Trump and his supporters were so worked up about Clinton not being available to the press. She talks to them daily when she is out on the trail these days. What's up with your guy?

Maybe he got smart.  Even in my business we don't talk to the press 90% of the time......who wants to make a statement and then have a bunch of nitwits interpret it as they please to fit their agenda. 

You gotta quit bringing up the media LOL........why would anyone care what they think?

2016-10-17 2:49 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by Rogillio

No she doesn't! She goes on shows like Ellen. When was the last time she took questions from the media? She hasn't been on the trail! She has been holed up for a week staying out of the public eye. The campaign knows the less people see her and hear her speak the better for her campaign. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people say, "I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me."

Evidently Trump learned something about being a politician from a career politician.

Last press conference that Hillary gave (that I could quickly find anyway) was October 4. Trump's was July 27. Another example of his hypocrisy - along with his quotes denouncing people for not paying enough taxes when he was paying 0 for many years at least.

http://time.com/money/4516670/donald-trump-not-paying-taxes-critici...

Enough said.

Her last campaign appearance was October 12 I believe. Since then she has been fund raising and prepping for the debate like a more normal politician would be doing. Remember, she has Bill and Chelsea Clinton, Michelle and Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, and Bernie Sanders to campaign for her. They are out in Arizona this week, which is turning blue before your eyes among others states like Utah (with Evan McMullen helping) and Georgia.

BTW, 538 now gives her an 88.4% chance of winning in its polls-only model.

"I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me." Nice sexist comment from those folks is what I would say.

Edited by ejshowers 2016-10-17 2:50 PM
2016-10-17 2:51 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Alabama
Clinton Foundation moved from Harlem to the NYC Financial district. This just turns my stomach:

"The move to the financial district doubled the nonprofit’s rental expenses from $1.8 million in 2011 to $4 million in 2013, according to the Foundation’s tax filings."

if your 'charitable' foundation can afford (squanders) $4,000,000/yr for office space rental in NYC, you are probably up to no good.

ETA I do my best proofing after I post.

Edited by Rogillio 2016-10-17 3:05 PM
2016-10-17 2:57 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by ejshowers "I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me." Nice sexist comment from those folks is what I would say.

And she's got fat ankles.  What would you say to that?

2016-10-17 3:01 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by ejshowers "I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me." Nice sexist comment from those folks is what I would say.

And she's got fat ankles.  What would you say to that?

Sexist. ;-)

2016-10-17 3:04 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

"I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me." Nice sexist comment from those folks is what I would say.

Most recently I've heard my wife say this. You don't want to call her sexist...she would open up a can of cowgirl whoopass on you. :-)

Seriously why is that sexist? I can't stand to listen to lots of people......Obama, Ross Perot, Bernie Sanders, Rosanne Barr...."Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?" Guy.

Google 'annoying voices' and Hillary makes the list quite often. One of many:

http://www.therichest.com/expensive-lifestyle/entertainment/10-most...

Certain people just have cool voices and/or manner of speaking. Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan....Sam Elliot (man I'd love to have his voice).

2016-10-17 3:12 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

Most recently I've heard my wife say this. You don't want to call her sexist...she would open up a can of cowgirl whoopass on you. :-)

Seriously why is that sexist? I can't stand to listen to lots of people......Obama, Ross Perot, Bernie Sanders, Rosanne Barr...."Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?" Guy.

Certain people just have cool voices and/or manner of speaking. Bill Clinton, Ronald Reagan....Sam Elliot (man I'd love to have his voice).

It plays into the old stereotype of "he's a strong leader with that loud and commanding voice" versus "why is she so angry and shrill?" Why even go there?
2016-10-17 3:24 PM

Master
, California

Billy Dee Williams?

2016-10-17 3:35 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

It plays into the old stereotype of "he's a strong leader with that loud and commanding voice" versus "why is she so angry and shrill?" Why even go there?

Because it supported the point I was making about her unlikeability. People don't like her and the less they see/hear her the better. Much better to have Obama, Michele and Bill out stumping for her. She just needs to lay low and stay away from giving speeches because I think it does her more harm than good.
2016-10-17 3:37 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member

Billy Dee Williams?

I cringed whenever Reagan opened his mouth and wasn't a big Clinton voice fan, so it is a very personal thing. I just try to separate the voice from the policy/words.

2016-10-17 3:39 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Billy Dee Williams?

And Rocky! "Yo Adrian, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind marrying me very much?"

If that looks like it came from left field.....I always thought Billy Dee Williams (in his prime) looked like Apollo Creed (or vice versa).....hence, Rocky,
2016-10-17 3:46 PM

User image

Pro

Billy Dee Williams?

And Rocky! "Yo Adrian, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind marrying me very much?" If that looks like it came from left field.....I always thought Billy Dee Williams (in his prime) looked like Apollo Creed (or vice versa).....hence, Rocky,

Billy Dee is a girl's name.

2016-10-17 3:47 PM

Master
, California

Billy Dee Williams?

And Rocky! "Yo Adrian, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind marrying me very much?" If that looks like it came from left field.....I always thought Billy Dee Williams (in his prime) looked like Apollo Creed (or vice versa).....hence, Rocky,

Which is why he had to be so smooth.  Offering you the finest malt liquor in the galaxy.

2016-10-17 3:49 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Billy Dee Williams?

For forty days and forty nights
The law was on her side
But who can stand when she's in demand
Her schemes and plans
'Cause we danced on the floor in the round
So take my strong advice, just remember to always think twice

2016-10-17 5:02 PM

User image

Pro

Billy Dee Williams?

For forty days and forty nights The law was on her side But who can stand when she's in demand Her schemes and plans 'Cause we danced on the floor in the round So take my strong advice, just remember to always think twice

I'm sorry, even Michael can't save you from your southern redneck ways.

2016-10-17 5:03 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

No she doesn't! She goes on shows like Ellen. When was the last time she took questions from the media? She hasn't been on the trail! She has been holed up for a week staying out of the public eye. The campaign knows the less people see her and hear her speak the better for her campaign. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people say, "I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me." Evidently Trump learned something about being a politician from a career politician.
Last press conference that Hillary gave (that I could quickly find anyway) was October 4. Trump's was July 27. Another example of his hypocrisy - along with his quotes denouncing people for not paying enough taxes when he was paying 0 for many years at least. http://time.com/money/4516670/donald-trump-not-paying-taxes-critici... Enough said. Her last campaign appearance was October 12 I believe. Since then she has been fund raising and prepping for the debate like a more normal politician would be doing. Remember, she has Bill and Chelsea Clinton, Michelle and Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, and Bernie Sanders to campaign for her. They are out in Arizona this week, which is turning blue before your eyes among others states like Utah (with Evan McMullen helping) and Georgia. BTW, 538 now gives her an 88.4% chance of winning in its polls-only model. "I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me." Nice sexist comment from those folks is what I would say.

Last YouGov poll from Utah had Trump +16 in a 4 way race.  If that's your definition for her turning it blue then I guess I'll take it.   

There has never been a candidate (other than Romney) who pulled it in the garage in October.  She's hiding because she knows every time she opens her mouth her polls go down.  

Stop spreading lies about Trump not paying taxes.  There is zero proof of that and you know it.

2016-10-17 5:33 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by tuwood

No she doesn't! She goes on shows like Ellen. When was the last time she took questions from the media? She hasn't been on the trail! She has been holed up for a week staying out of the public eye. The campaign knows the less people see her and hear her speak the better for her campaign. I can't tell you the number of times I've heard people say, "I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me." Evidently Trump learned something about being a politician from a career politician.
Last press conference that Hillary gave (that I could quickly find anyway) was October 4. Trump's was July 27. Another example of his hypocrisy - along with his quotes denouncing people for not paying enough taxes when he was paying 0 for many years at least. http://time.com/money/4516670/donald-trump-not-paying-taxes-critici... Enough said. Her last campaign appearance was October 12 I believe. Since then she has been fund raising and prepping for the debate like a more normal politician would be doing. Remember, she has Bill and Chelsea Clinton, Michelle and Barack Obama, Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, and Bernie Sanders to campaign for her. They are out in Arizona this week, which is turning blue before your eyes among others states like Utah (with Evan McMullen helping) and Georgia. BTW, 538 now gives her an 88.4% chance of winning in its polls-only model. "I can't stand to listen to that woman. Her voice and speaking cadence just irritate me." Nice sexist comment from those folks is what I would say.

Last YouGov poll from Utah had Trump +16 in a 4 way race.  If that's your definition for her turning it blue then I guess I'll take it.   

There has never been a candidate (other than Romney) who pulled it in the garage in October.  She's hiding because she knows every time she opens her mouth her polls go down.  

Stop spreading lies about Trump not paying taxes.  There is zero proof of that and you know it.

For Utah, you have to be careful as not many polls include McMullin.

Rasmussen from this past weekend:

30% Trump
28% Clinton
29% McMullin
5% Johnson
1% Stein
2% Some other candidate
4% Not sure

The margin of error was 4 points, putting all three leading candidates in a statistical tie. Gary Johnson collapsed from previous polls to just five percent.

On Trump's taxes, you are right. From the only documents we have been able to see, Trump did pay federal income taxes back in 1975 - 1977. Otherwise, he has, for the years data has been excavated, likely paid zero taxes - at least if he is such a tax loss carry forward wiz as he claims.

1995 Probably paid no taxes as this is when he claimed the $916 million in business losses.

1991 and 1993 Trump also claimed losses in these years that could have allowed him to avoid paying income taxes.

1984 Tax court records show Trump paid no federal income taxes.

1978 and 1979 Although he claimed to be worth hundreds of millions of dollars at the time, Trump paid no federal income taxes, according to a 1981 report by the New Jersey commission, assessing his fitness for a casino license. He took advantage of deductions available to real estate developers and, claiming losses from partnerships, Mr. Trump reported a “negative income” of $406,379 in 1978 and another loss of $3.4 million in 1979 — thus avoiding any tax liability for those two years.

1975-1977 Trump paid more than $71,000 in federal income taxes on about $218,000 of taxable income earned during these years, according to the 1981 casino commission report.

Now, if he would release his tax returns like every other candidate since 1980, we could know more about his federal income tax rate, debt, investments, charitable giving, any off-shore holdings, etc. I am not holding my breath

2016-10-17 5:35 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

Billy Dee Williams?

For forty days and forty nights The law was on her side But who can stand when she's in demand Her schemes and plans 'Cause we danced on the floor in the round So take my strong advice, just remember to always think twice

I was counting on your ability to think non-linearly to get the reference.....did you recognize the lyrics?
2016-10-17 5:43 PM

User image

Pro

Billy Dee Williams?

I was counting on your ability to think non-linearly to get the reference.....did you recognize the lyrics?

Of course I did......I'm a music fan......"Billy Dee" is one of my favorite MJ hits.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1201 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2731 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1291 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6219 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1615 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.