User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Election 2016

Originally posted by Brit Abroad

Originally posted by tuwood

From the O'Keefe video I posted yesterday there is a lady on there bragging about how she organized the Chicago riots that shut down the Trump rally.  Turns out, she was paid money directly from the Hillary campaign two weeks prior to the disruption.  

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/18/activist-who-took-credit-for-violent-chicago-protests-was-on-hillarys-payroll/

Do you guys realize the level of illegality that is transpiring in the Clinton campaign?  What's even worse is the media is absolutely black listing this video.  I am following O'Keefe and the Reddit for Trump and it's stunning how many road blocks they're getting from all the media, including Fox.  "We need to vet the story, before we can air anything"  from Fox
Yet, the Trump audio was aired within minutes of it's release.  /facepalm

I know many of you were going on and on earlier this year about how Trump was inciting violence and how his supporters were all angry and violent people.  Now that we see where this violence was really coming from it's disghusting.  They freaking paid people and trained them to instigate violence at Trump rally's.  How is this not far worse than any Watergate or other political scandal the last 100 years!!! 

O'Keefe has part two of the video coming out today which he says is far worse than yesterday.  We shall see. 

If the media doesn't play it, I bet you Trump will bring it up in tomorrows debate to force the media to cover it. 

Haha. That video is amazing.
I'm sure it's killing the GOP that they fell victim to how easily manipulated their followers are. Trumps presidency has essentially been scuppered by his own followers who have the self-control of a toddler. The right-wing crazies are so mentally unstable, that even the most basic of agitation will naturally evolve into violence. It's like pushing over a domino then just watching the show unravel.

None of it sounds illegal. It sounds like they have an excellent grasp of the legal landscape, and they're executing in such a way that they're accomplishing their goal all within the limit of the law. Bravo!

Belichick would be proud.

3 weeks, 10 hours, and 7 minutes until this joke of a candidacy is part of history.

Inciting a riot is illegal and a political party paying people to incite a riot is even more illegal, not to mention severely damaging politically.  Police officers and bystanders were injured in the Chicago "protest" that was organized by the DNC and it squelched the 1st amendment rights of the Republican nominee.

Your response is to mock American citizens who support Trump?  WTH is wrong with you and where did you get so much hatred in your heart?

You interpret their actions as "inciting a riot" based on the lens through which you view it.
Alternatively, they were exercising their right to assemble, which was seen by the Trump crazies as provocation, and resulted in violence.
Given Trumps rhetoric, his supporters probably felt Trump would give them a gold star for throwing the first punch.

I don't have hate, I have pity.
For those so blinded and lost that they ardently support an inarguably dangerous candidate; it speaks to the sorry state of the US 2-party political system.

You're missing the point.  It's not about the people at the events.  It's about the DNC hiring and training people to incite violence from Trump supporters.  It's about Hillary's very campaign hiring people and flying them to Chicago to shut down a Trump rally.
You're OK with that?

I too have pity for those so blinded and lost that they ardently support an inarguably dangerous candidate.  (hey, we have something in common)  ;-

2016-10-18 3:06 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Chicago, IL

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by Brit Abroad 3 weeks, 10 hours, and 7 minutes until this joke of a candidacy is part of history.
That's the same thing General Cornwallis told King George about George Washington. "Not to worry, these American are a bunch of peasants and farmers....." ;-)

Interesting. Irrelevant, but interesting.
Wait. A. Minute...Is this closeted xenophobia rearing it's ugly head again? For shame.

FYI: I'm American.

3 weeks, 6 hours, 56 minutes.
Imma need some popcorn for this concession speech. Trump going full Trump.
Man, I really hope he doesn't read some pre-written sentence.

2016-10-18 3:42 PM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Veteran
St. Louis

Originally posted by Scott71

Inciting a riot is illegal

I can't speak about the video as I haven't had time to watch it yet, but your comment about inciting a riot had me thinking about Trump and his "rigged" election claims.

I have no doubt that he is using the rigged election as a defence for when he loses.  But if there are riots, he is opening himself up to potentially thousands of lawsuits for his negligent statements and inciting the masses to rise up and revolt against the rigged system.  

We've hashed back and forth a few times here about "voter fraud" which Trump is now calling "rigged election". 

The simple fact is, there are people doing nefarious things out there to effect the election at all levels.  The media is not only biased, they are downright killing anything that is against Hillary and pushing everything that is against Trump.  Obviously you don't like Trump, but it's like having a sports team that wins every game (New England, cough), but constantly cheats to do it.

O'Keefe just released the second video and it has a Soros funded PAC outright bragging about how they are committing mass voter fraud and why they're getting away with it and not getting caught.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs
Yesterday you had paid operatives from Hillary's campaign as well as PAC's talking about how they coordinate with the campaign (illegal) and how they were instigating violence at Trump rally's and it had zero coverage from the media. 

Not to mention the constant drone of emails from Podesta which have been horribly bad for Hillary and her campaign and not a peep from the media that they even exist.

You can say it's not a rigged system, or a rigged election, but honestly if you were going to rig an election what more would you need to do? 

Sigh, whatever happened to the good ole days (back on page 26) when Trump was a "master manipulator of the news media". LOL

2016-10-18 3:58 PM
in reply to: #5180918

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Just saw a story on CNN about the video, so it is out there. Sounds like criminals and sleaze balls on both sides of the camera. I doubt it had much legs as O'Keefe has been discredited and shown to edit video and been arrested for breaking into a senators office. The accused were low level contractors with the DNC and have been fired. I don't think there is proof his big talk turned into actual action. We'll see what happens.
2016-10-18 4:16 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

Master
, California

The simple fact is, there are people doing nefarious things out there to effect the election at all levels.  The media is not only biased, they are downright killing anything that is against Hillary and pushing everything that is against Trump.  Obviously you don't like Trump, but it's like having a sports team that wins every game (New England, cough), but constantly cheats to do it.

Don't confuse politics with a "rigged election".  Voter fraud is basically a non-factor.  If you want to complain about the media, well sorry - bias goes both ways.  Fox News has been at the forefront for years.  You're just feeling stranded now because Trump has pissed off half of the Republican establishment that would normally fight back on his behalf.

2016-10-18 4:23 PM
in reply to: Bob Loblaw

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Bob Loblaw

Originally posted by Scott71

Inciting a riot is illegal

I can't speak about the video as I haven't had time to watch it yet, but your comment about inciting a riot had me thinking about Trump and his "rigged" election claims.

I have no doubt that he is using the rigged election as a defence for when he loses.  But if there are riots, he is opening himself up to potentially thousands of lawsuits for his negligent statements and inciting the masses to rise up and revolt against the rigged system.  

We've hashed back and forth a few times here about "voter fraud" which Trump is now calling "rigged election". 

O'Keefe just released the second video and it has a Soros funded PAC outright bragging about how they are committing mass voter fraud and why they're getting away with it and not getting caught.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDc8PVCvfKs
Yesterday you had paid operatives from Hillary's campaign as well as PAC's talking about how they coordinate with the campaign (illegal) and how they were instigating violence at Trump rally's and it had zero coverage from the media. 

Not to mention the constant drone of emails from Podesta which have been horribly bad for Hillary and her campaign and not a peep from the media that they even exist.

You can say it's not a rigged system, or a rigged election, but honestly if you were going to rig an election what more would you need to do? 

Sigh, whatever happened to the good ole days (back on page 26) when Trump was a "master manipulator of the news media". LOL

I know right.  He manipulated them to get a lot of free air time.  I guess that is kind of continuing.  /doh 
In all seriousness though, when there are blatantly bad things on both candidates and the media only reports on one side that is not how the media is supposed to work.  That is an extension of a political party.  

2016-10-18 4:35 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers Just saw a story on CNN about the video, so it is out there. Sounds like criminals and sleaze balls on both sides of the camera. I doubt it had much legs as O'Keefe has been discredited and shown to edit video and been arrested for breaking into a senators office. The accused were low level contractors with the DNC and have been fired. I don't think there is proof his big talk turned into actual action. We'll see what happens.

Do you remember when the media used to do investigative journalism?  You have to get on the inside to get the criminals to confess to their misdeeds.  By it's very nature the person who infiltrates is supposed to look like one of the crooks, so it's a little far fetched to call the people doing the story as criminals.

Lets see, Hillary's campaign manager (Mook) approves "Bird Dogging" and Robert Creamer who is the founder and partner of "Democracy Partners" stated on the video that Hillary is aware of everything they do.  Then you have the piece of garbage Scott Foval who is the national field director for "Americans United for Change" explaining in detail what "Bird Dogging" is and gives many examples of successful attacks.

Yeah, totally low level contractors and time to insert attack on source.  /eyeroll 

This is one of the biggest political scandals to ever be exposed to the light of day and you are correct that Hillary and the media is hoping (probably not praying) that it will blow over. 

2016-10-18 4:45 PM
in reply to: #5202325

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
I am just saying O'Keefe has a history as a slimeball reporter and has committed crimes and has edited video to fit his goal in the past.

http://thehill.com/capital-living/in-the-know/100105-filmmaker-okee...
2016-10-18 4:47 PM
in reply to: spudone

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by spudone

Don't confuse politics with a "rigged election".  Voter fraud is basically a non-factor.  If you want to complain about the media, well sorry - bias goes both ways.  Fox News has been at the forefront for years.  You're just feeling stranded now because Trump has pissed off half of the Republican establishment that would normally fight back on his behalf.

The establishment has been after Trump since the first day of his candidacy.  I don't think it was even a matter of him them off, they were always going to work against him and it's actually been a positive, IMHO. 

Fox News is all that the liberals have been able to point to out of how many other stations and newspapers?  Yay, they have 2% of the media.  Oh wait, even Fox has been quite blatantly anti-trump as well outside of the Sean Hannity types which aren't really news. 

As for widespread voter fraud the second video today has some pretty good evidence that you are incorrect.  It seems to be quite well organized and it should make you wonder a little less now why the Democrats fight every legislature that tries to purge the voter registry of deceased people doesn't it?  (OK, I know it doesn't make you wonder)  

2016-10-18 4:49 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers I am just saying O'Keefe has a history as a slimeball reporter and has committed crimes and has edited video to fit his goal in the past. http://thehill.com/capital-living/in-the-know/100105-filmmaker-okee...

I know what you were saying, but I'm not sure where the relevance is compared to these videos.  It's pretty hard to "edit in" or take the statements in these videos out of context no matter who is doing the reporting.

2016-10-18 4:52 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by ejshowers Just saw a story on CNN about the video, so it is out there. Sounds like criminals and sleaze balls on both sides of the camera. I doubt it had much legs as O'Keefe has been discredited and shown to edit video and been arrested for breaking into a senators office. The accused were low level contractors with the DNC and have been fired. I don't think there is proof his big talk turned into actual action. We'll see what happens.

Yeah, CNN is just all over this story and all the Wikileaks stuff too.  /snark

2016-10-18 4:57 PM

Master
, California

Fox News is all that the liberals have been able to point to out of how many other stations and newspapers?  Yay, they have 2% of the media.  Oh wait, even Fox has been quite blatantly anti-trump as well outside of the Sean Hannity types which aren't really news.

That's exactly my point.  Fox, and more importantly, the Wall Street Journal are not pro-Hillary but they certainly aren't stepping up to help Trump.  Especially the WSJ, with their fears about what a protectionist agenda will do to the market.

Conservatives were cheering the Citizens United decision.  But now that those money interests and big media aren't supporting Trump, you want a takeback.

2016-10-18 5:01 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

That's exactly my point.  Fox, and more importantly, the Wall Street Journal are not pro-Hillary but they certainly aren't stepping up to help Trump.  Especially the WSJ, with their fears about what a protectionist agenda will do to the market.

Conservatives were cheering the Citizens United decision.  But now that those money interests and big media aren't supporting Trump, you want a takeback.

I seem to recall most conservatives as being opposed to Citizens United.  I know I sure didn't like it.

I could be wrong, and it could just be "establishment conservatives" as well.  Either way, I'm not sure what that has to do with the media being completely one sided. 

2016-10-18 5:18 PM

Master
, California

As for widespread voter fraud the second video today has some pretty good evidence that you are incorrect.

Read here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/06/a-comprehensive-investigation-of-voter-impersonation-finds-31-credible-incidents-out-of-one-billion-ballots-cast/

and here:

http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/legacy/The%20Truth%20About%20Voter%20Fraud.pdf

And if you still believe it's a serious problem after that, well I can't really help you.

2016-10-18 5:51 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

As for widespread voter fraud the second video today has some pretty good evidence that you are incorrect.

Read here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/08/06/a-comprehensive-investigation-of-voter-impersonation-finds-31-credible-incidents-out-of-one-billion-ballots-cast/

and here:

http://www.brennancenter.org/sites/default/files/legacy/The%20Truth%20About%20Voter%20Fraud.pdf

And if you still believe it's a serious problem after that, well I can't really help you.

I agree that it hasn't been caught very much, but that doesn't mean by default it's not happening.  (I haven't read both of those links yet, because I have to head home)
If you watch the second video from O'Keefe they're talking about how they're committing voter fraud so that they DON'T get caught. 

Obviously we can both agree that it's bigger than 31, but honestly have know way of knowing how big.  If it's a few thousand, or even ten thousand it's really not a big deal.  If it's a lot bigger (which I have no way of knowing) then it's obviously pretty bad.

In all seriousness I'm far more worried about the all digital voting devices.  In theory one kid in Russia could toss an entire state if he hacks the right thing.  Then again... The Russians are helping Trump... Never mind...  (kidding kidding)

2016-10-18 5:55 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

2016-10-18 6:12 PM
in reply to: Brit Abroad

User image

Champion
Alabama

Originally posted by Rogillio
Originally posted by Brit Abroad 3 weeks, 10 hours, and 7 minutes until this joke of a candidacy is part of history.
That's the same thing General Cornwallis told King George about George Washington. "Not to worry, these American are a bunch of peasants and farmers....." ;-)

Interesting. Irrelevant, but interesting.
Wait. A. Minute...Is this closeted xenophobia rearing it's ugly head again? For shame.

FYI: I'm American.

3 weeks, 6 hours, 56 minutes.
Imma need some popcorn for this concession speech. Trump going full Trump.
Man, I really hope he doesn't read some pre-written sentence.

Yes,, it was a dig on you Brit Abroad monicker.

Just having fun. Lighten up Francis. :-)

Always dangerous to talk smack about politics. Trump is the underdog and my loose and if that happens, well, that was expected and beers on me...,as we might as well all get hammered before we get screwed. But if he wins.... beers are on you.
2016-10-18 6:23 PM

Master
, California

but honestly have know way of knowing how big.

There is a way: which is states that have had manual recounts.  Florida during the Bush versus Gore election for example.  Washington state also had a recount in a governor election not too long ago.  I'm sure they have info on # of ballots discarded for every reason ("hanging chads", whatever).

But if you read those links, he's been researching elections for well over a decade and has lots of data that I probably haven't even thought of.

2016-10-18 8:17 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

There is a way: which is states that have had manual recounts.  Florida during the Bush versus Gore election for example.  Washington state also had a recount in a governor election not too long ago.  I'm sure they have info on # of ballots discarded for every reason ("hanging chads", whatever).

But if you read those links, he's been researching elections for well over a decade and has lots of data that I probably haven't even thought of.

With the fraud described in the video they would be valid ballots in the system.  Votes aren't tied to individuals to be vetted in recounts.  I know when I drop my ballot in the box its in the system period.  Even if I was busted later they couldn't invalidate mine.

2016-10-18 9:23 PM

Master
, California

With the fraud described in the video they would be valid ballots in the system.  Votes aren't tied to individuals to be vetted in recounts.  I know when I drop my ballot in the box its in the system period.  Even if I was busted later they couldn't invalidate mine.

It might differ state to state then.  I know in Florida on their recount, just for example, was purging invalid ballots (felons, non-citizens, etc).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_election_recount

2016-10-19 7:00 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

It might differ state to state then.  I know in Florida on their recount, just for example, was purging invalid ballots (felons, non-citizens, etc).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_election_recount

In Nebraska we come in and give our name.  They look it up in the book and I sign by my name and then they give me a blank bubble sheet ballot with no identification markings.
I then fill in my Bubbles and slide it into a box with the other ballots.

They could come in and say that there was an anomaly and see that I voted or that my name was signed, but there'd be no way to identify my actual ballot and remove it if there was something nefarious. 

2016-10-19 7:06 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Still think these guys are low level contractors?  If so then why did Creamer visit the White House 340 times, including 45 times to meet directly with Obama?  Turns out he's already a convicted Felon too and spent time in Federal prison.  Seems like the perfect guy to be involved in Clinton's campaign. 

2016-10-19 9:42 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Trump calls for congressional term limits! That does it, he just won my vote!!
2016-10-19 9:52 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Rogillio Trump calls for congressional term limits! That does it, he just won my vote!!

... and 

First: I am going to institute a 5-year ban on all executive branch officials lobbying the government after they leave government service.

Second: I am going to ask Congress to institute its own 5-year ban on lobbying by former members of Congress and their staffs.

Third: I am going to expand the definition of lobbyist so we close all the loopholes that former government officials use by labeling themselves consultants and advisors when we all know they are lobbyists.

Fourth: I am going to issue a lifetime ban against senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.

Fifth: I am going to ask Congress to pass a campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections.

2016-10-19 9:52 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
"In recent days Trump has added to a list of proposed ethics reforms, including prohibiting executive branch officials and members of Congress and their staffs from lobbying the government for five years after they leave office. He has also proposed expanding the definition of lobbyist and banning senior executive branch officials from lobbying on behalf of foreign governments at any time in their lives."

Trump needs to spend the next 3 weeks hammering this and term limits. This is exactly what the country needs and both democrats and republican alike know it. The problem most POTUS candidates won't buck the establishment career congressmen by pressing these sorts of reforms.
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1186 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2692 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1281 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6162 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1604 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.