in reply to: 0

User image

Pro
Subject: RE: Election 2016

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
Originally posted by Left Brain

Originally posted by crowny2

I'm just about out of this fight because I'm just going to hold my nose and vote against Clinton........but Ive got to say......are the democrats in this country, and on this board, serious when they rail against Trump for his comments on the election maybe being rigged, voter fraud, and accepting the outcome of the election no matter what?  SERIOUSLY?????

Folks, look, I'm more than willing to call a spade a spade with Trump......but for the last 20 years I've been reading about possible voter fraud and rigged elections......AND EVERY TIME IT HAS BEEN BY DEMOCRATS!!!!!  For f-sakes .......go back and look at the comments during the 2000 and 2004 elections.  And go back and look at how Al Gore pushed his refusal to make a concession speech to 30 some odd days......and only gave up when the Supreme Court ruled against him.  If I remember correctly......he was a DEMOCRAT.  I don't know a democrat who still doesn't say Bush stole the election.

You all are really reaching on this one.....and for the record, I don't see how a national election can be rigged enough to make a difference either way.....but ya'll need to shut up.....you sound ridiculous....and wildly hypocritical.

Not every time. 

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/07/14/shocker-republican-activist-charged-eleven-counts-voter-fraud/

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/republicans-test-for-voting-fraud-wind-up-in-custody

http://addictinginfo.org/2013/06/21/shocker-republicans-account-for-most-cases-of-u-s-voter-fraud/

Eh.....my bad....typed faster then my brain. I realize Republicans AND Democrats can and do try to play with election results......my point was that up until now the only ones I ever heard or read about who were complaining were Dems.......now Trump does it and it's a big story.  It's not a story at all.....it's more ridiculousness.

It's like Dems calling Trump a liar..........bwaaaaaaahahahaha!!!  It's beyond laughable.  Hillary Clinton, the former Secretary of State, actually said she didn't know what the "C" stood for on some emails.  I don't care if ya'll call Trump a liar.....just call Hillary one too.  i don't care if ya'll complain about Trump saying elections could be rigged, just remember and point out when the Dems did the same thing. 

I just find the double standard.....ON BOTH SIDES...to be ridiculously crazy.  There can be no right thinking person (no pun intended) who doesn't see it.

Hey man, whatever you have to tell yourself to feel comfortable with this guy anywhere near the nuclear launch codes...apparently, you've got some insider information on how he develops thicker skin, doesn't get baited into conflicts, and doesn't fly all over the place changing his positions on a whim. Back in '04 Kerry was pegged as a flip-flopper. Are you and all the other Trump supporters not seeing the irony here? Nobody in the history of politics has flipped more flops than this joker. btw, where are those promised tax returns Donald? Oh yeah, he took that back. Hey Donald, what about vowing to respect the results of the election? Oh yeah, he took that one back too. Glass half-full though, since he just pulls this stuff out of his butt on a whim any given day, it could change back the next time he's having a twitter-war with someone who criticized him on The View.

CD - it's simple for me.  I'll take any over Hillary Clinton.  I think that woman is a danger to this country beyond anyone else who ran at any time in this campaign.  I don't look at anything else.  I'm willing to roll the dice on anyone but Clinton.......period.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-10-22 7:46 AM

2016-10-22 12:16 PM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Just ran across Trump on CNN broadcasting a policy speech. Looks like he's giving up on Mexico paying for his stupid wall and now going with a "they will reimburse us" idea. Rrrright, I am sure they will pay us back. Sounds more like a flip-flopper working a condo scam.

Edited by ejshowers 2016-10-22 12:17 PM
2016-10-22 7:16 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Originally posted by ejshowersJust ran across Trump on CNN broadcasting a policy speech. Looks like he's giving up on Mexico paying for his stupid wall and now going with a "they will reimburse us" idea. Rrrright, I am sure they will pay us back. Sounds more like a flip-flopper working a condo scam.
Lol, nice stretch. Reimburse, tax, vat, tarrif. They all equal them paying no matter what word is used or how you spin it.
2016-10-24 9:02 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Alabama
The game is rigged. It's all about power and money. Stinks like a whorehouse at low tide.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/clinton-ally-aids-campaign-of-fbi-offic...

2016-10-24 9:04 AM

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by tuwood

Originally posted by ejshowersJust ran across Trump on CNN broadcasting a policy speech. Looks like he's giving up on Mexico paying for his stupid wall and now going with a "they will reimburse us" idea. Rrrright, I am sure they will pay us back. Sounds more like a flip-flopper working a condo scam.
Lol, nice stretch. Reimburse, tax, vat, tarrif. They all equal them paying no matter what word is used or how you spin it.

Please explain how any of those options other than reimburse would have Mexico actually paying for it.
2016-10-24 9:19 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
This is awesome. He should have come out with this at the convention and been pushing it all along. It will make the rounds. I just hope people will take the time to read it and at least see how he wants to change the trajectory of the country. We may yet crash and burn but at least we can go down fighting.

“Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress; SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health); THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated; FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service; FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government; SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following seven actions to protect American workers:

FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205 SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars’ worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.
SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America’s water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won’t take them back FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

1. Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.

2. End The Offshoring Act Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

3. American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

4. School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to gives parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

5. Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

6. Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-site childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

7. End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

8. Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

9. Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

10. Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

2016-10-24 9:47 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Agree, he should have, but he has no discipline to stay on message, so highly unlikely he could have pulled it off, and it's too little too late now.

Plus, even when he did come out with this last Saturday, he led off this speech with his pledge to sue all his sexual assault accusers. So, guess what led the headlines? Controversy sells. Also, he needs to drop his "rigged election" crap or the press won't be able to focus on his (newest) message.
2016-10-24 10:07 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by ejshowers

Agree, he should have, but he has no discipline to stay on message, so highly unlikely he could have pulled it off, and it's too little too late now.

Plus, even when he did come out with this last Saturday, he led off this speech with his pledge to sue all his sexual assault accusers. So, guess what led the headlines? Controversy sells. Also, he needs to drop his "rigged election" crap or the press won't be able to focus on his (newest) message.

Have you seen the montage of video clips with all the democrats calling the system rigged? The press is willfully ignorant and not reporting much on all the evidence of a rigged system. In years past the networks used to try to prove they were unbiased by showing the number of minutes each network spent on negative and positive stories about each candidate. You don't see that any more.....the bias is just so obviously it leave fair minded people just shaking their collective heads.

At the end of the day there will be 40 million or so American that voted for Trump.....and, flawed candidate that he is, that speaks volumes!!
2016-10-24 1:59 PM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I voted at lunch today.  It was relatively crowded for early voting - people waiting in line to vote against the other candidate.

2016-10-24 2:11 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Please explain how any of those options other than reimburse would have Mexico actually paying for it.

I don't see the value in explaining it to you because you'll spin anything other than Nieto writing a personal check into "Mexico's not paying for it".    

2016-10-24 2:23 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

well, can you explain it to me then?  Building a wall and making a tax on what?  Not sure I quite understand.

also I don't get the wall thing, have you ever been to some of that region on the border?  I'm a civil engineer....you ain't gonna build a wall in some places there. 

2016-10-24 3:16 PM

User image

Pro

I built a wall in my hallway to keep my 16 year old twin daughters in the other side of the house and away from me........they went out a window and came around anyway.  They just followed the money.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-10-24 3:17 PM
2016-10-24 3:16 PM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Originally posted by dmiller5

well, can you explain it to me then?  Building a wall and making a tax on what?  Not sure I quite understand.

also I don't get the wall thing, have you ever been to some of that region on the border?  I'm a civil engineer....you ain't gonna build a wall in some places there. 

Tony is even less likely to esplain things to you.

2016-10-24 3:21 PM

User image

Oakville

I don't see the value in explaining it to you because you'll spin anything other than Nieto writing a personal check into "Mexico's not paying for it".    

Assuming what Trump is proposing is legal under the trade treaties with Mexico, if you boil it down to a simplistic tax, vat, tarrif, etc. on Mexican imports, the "tax" would be charged on the goods and paid by the American importer.  So, whether the US importer passes the tax along to the consumer or eats it, at the end of the day Americans are paying for the wall.

2016-10-24 3:51 PM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Originally posted by Scott71

Assuming what Trump is proposing is legal under the trade treaties with Mexico, if you boil it down to a simplistic tax, vat, tarrif, etc. on Mexican imports, the "tax" would be charged on the goods and paid by the American importer.  So, whether the US importer passes the tax along to the consumer or eats it, at the end of the day Americans are paying for the wall.

My point exactly. I just wanted Tony to say it. :-)
2016-10-24 3:53 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

They already built part of it. They paid Boeing 1.15 Billion dollars. The program to build the wall/fence/secure border was canceled by BO.

People look at the area and think "fence" and must picture the Berlin Wall for 2,000 miles. That is not feasible nor is that what is being proposed.

Educate yourself:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SBInet

You are a civil engineer as are thinking in terms of a physical wall. Think outside the box and imagine system using satellites, towers, drones, cameras, sensors as well as physical barriers. It can be done. It won't be cheap but it can be done. It must be done or this country will be over run with illegal aliens and terrorists.

2016-10-24 3:58 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Champion
Alabama

I built a wall in my hallway to keep my 16 year old twin daughters in the other side of the house and away from me........they went out a window and came around anyway.  They just followed the money.

I you had put up a camera in the hall you'd of seen them trying to escape, This would have alerted the satellite so when they went out the window you could have picked them up with satellite and tracked them until a drone arrived and followed them with huge spotlight and a recording of you say "You just got another week of being grounded! Any you are going to pay for this wall out of your allowance if it takes 214 years!"

2016-10-24 4:15 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Scott71

My point exactly. I just wanted Tony to say it. :-)

Hah, Honestly I don't care if they pay for it or not or if it's a wall or a fence.  I just want our Government to stop the flow of illegal immigration and fix the broken immigration system.

Ultimately it's up to the congress to decide how to fund it, and of course President Trump will have input.  Ultimately it will be paid for by the citizens of Mexico or the citizens of the US.  I know one idea that was being thrown around by Trump was to tax wire transfers to Mexico which would more directly put the pressure on them.  Ultimately the US has all the leverage in the relationship with Mexico.  If we really wanted to force them to write us a check we could.  Now politically I'm not sure if that's very realistic though.  

I'm glad you guys are getting out in nitpick land though because that means Trump is far more on message and the DNC is running out of dirt to throw. 

2016-10-24 10:07 PM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Originally posted by Hook'em

I voted at lunch today.  It was relatively crowded for early voting - people waiting in line to vote against the other candidate.

Day one, in my conservative Texas county, had twice as many votes as 2012.  Same for the liberal county down the road.

2016-10-25 10:22 AM
in reply to: Hook'em

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Day one, in my conservative Texas county, had twice as many votes as 2012.  Same for the liberal county down the road.

Record voter registration in Nebraska and record early voting.

based on rally crowd sizes I'm certain it's all Hillary supporters showing their enthusiasm /sarc

Did you see the Kaine crowd in West Palm Beach, FL yesterday.  Reported at 30 people total?  I almost wonder if this is a bigger flub on their scheduling folks getting the word out. lol

2016-10-25 10:26 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Higher voter turnout traditionally bodes well for the dem candidate...so yay!

2016-10-25 2:56 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Uh Oh, Hillary lost Michael Moore(NSFW language)

2016-10-25 2:56 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Higher voter turnout traditionally bodes well for the dem candidate...so yay!

Depends whose turning out.  :-D 

2016-10-25 3:06 PM

User image

Pro

C'mon Tony......you know damn well this election is OVER. 

2016-10-25 3:08 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

C'mon Tony......you know damn well this election is OVER. 

I know, but I'm trying to play along to let the Hillary lovers still think she has a chance.

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1191 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2706 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1283 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6182 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1609 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.