Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 76

2016-11-28 3:49 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Election 2016

This is from a survey taken in 2013 in California, but I suspect the number is much much higher this year due to the direct implications to illegals by Trump.
Poll: 13% of Illegal Aliens ADMIT They Vote

Everyone likes to make fun of Trump for saying things off the cuff, but based on the results I'm being more and more convinced that he is two or three steps ahead of the left.  His response to the "recall effort" planted the bait for liberals to jump on and spread.  Now, we have front and center in most major media that millions of illegals voted this election and people are going wtf, that can't happen.  Next step, sweeping regulations to protect the vote from illegals going forward.

He's a master at this stuff, and the media just doesn't realize how bad they're getting played.

2016-11-29 8:55 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by tuwood

This is from a survey taken in 2013 in California, but I suspect the number is much much higher this year due to the direct implications to illegals by Trump.

Everyone likes to make fun of Trump for saying things off the cuff, but based on the results I'm being more and more convinced that he is two or three steps ahead of the left.  His response to the "recall effort" planted the bait for liberals to jump on and spread.  Now, we have front and center in most major media that millions of illegals voted this election and people are going wtf, that can't happen.  Next step, sweeping regulations to protect the vote from illegals going forward.

He's a master at this stuff, and the media just doesn't realize how bad they're getting played.

I guess I'm not clear what you're alleging here:

Are you saying that Trump has tricked the DNC into agreeing to a recount that will expose the millions of illegal aliens voting for Clinton?

2016-11-29 9:08 AM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I guess I'm not clear what you're alleging here: Are you saying that Trump has tricked the DNC into agreeing to a recount that will expose the millions of illegal aliens voting for Clinton?

Nope, not at all.  He's making people aware of the problem of illegals voting, which will likely enable him to enact laws to fix it in the future.  The recount was just a ruse by Stein to fund raise for the Green Party and Hillary stupidly joined in.  Trump just took advantage of the situation by owning the news cycle with a tweet on illegals voting.
I'll be honest I'm still learning how the chess master plays myself, because he says things and I often give a confused look.  However, over time I see how the outrageous things he says are almost always part of a much bigger plan that he's working.  Many call him the 4D chess master because he's so far ahead of everyone else.

Just today there were people blowing up from Trumps tweet about burning the American flag.  If you haven't seen it yet, he tweeted the following: "Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!"

I saw that and my instant reaction was "what the F", he can't do that.  However, I then sat back and though... Hmmm, I wonder what he's up to now?
Sure enough within the hour it comes out that Hillary sponsored the Flag Protection Act in 2005 which stated a year in jail and a $100,000 fine for anyone burning the American flag.
He's not just digging on Hillary, what he's doing is pointing out every Hypocrisy on the left to break down barriers people have in place.  The more he continues to marginalizes the leaders who oppose him, the more likely people are to support him.

2016-11-29 9:30 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
Here's my tinfoil hat theory:

It's sounding like there is pressure being put on Trump by Pence to make Romney his SoS, despite strong opposition from others in Trump's inner circle who say that hiring Romney would be a betrayal of his supporters, since Romney was a big #nevertrump guy.

Now, Pence, despite his affiliation with Trump, is hardly a political maverick. He's a pretty straight-arrow, conservative, traditional republican in almost every respect.

If I'm borrowing Tony's tinfoil hat for a moment, I can see Pence convincing Trump to hire Romney, and then, the Republican Congress, many of whom have publicly voiced their widespread concerns about a Trump presidency, either impeaching him or not standing in the way of impeachment proceedings brought by democrats in the first year. Trump is forced out of office, leaving Pence and Romney, two "traditional" but unelectable republicans, in the White House without the fuss of having to get them legally elected.

Or, if you really want to go full-on "wrap my whole house with tinfoil- infowars-level conspiracy theory": Trump has been conspiring with the GOP leadership all along, in order to place a cadre of far-right, unelectable republicans in the cabinet, and he plans to resign shortly into his term, leaving Pence, Romney, et al in charge. In return, they give Trump an endless series of sweetheart deals on his businesses, increasing his wealth and power exponentially.

(Now, watch, Trump will pick, I dunno, Clint Eastwood, or someone as his Secretary of State, and this all goes out the window... )

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-11-29 9:32 AM
2016-11-29 9:30 AM

User image

Pro

I guess I'm not clear what you're alleging here: Are you saying that Trump has tricked the DNC into agreeing to a recount that will expose the millions of illegal aliens voting for Clinton?

Nope, not at all.  He's making people aware of the problem of illegals voting, which will likely enable him to enact laws to fix it in the future.  The recount was just a ruse by Stein to fund raise for the Green Party and Hillary stupidly joined in.  Trump just took advantage of the situation by owning the news cycle with a tweet on illegals voting.
I'll be honest I'm still learning how the chess master plays myself, because he says things and I often give a confused look.  However, over time I see how the outrageous things he says are almost always part of a much bigger plan that he's working.  Many call him the 4D chess master because he's so far ahead of everyone else.

Just today there were people blowing up from Trumps tweet about burning the American flag.  If you haven't seen it yet, he tweeted the following: "Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!"

I saw that and my instant reaction was "what the F", he can't do that.  However, I then sat back and though... Hmmm, I wonder what he's up to now?
Sure enough within the hour it comes out that Hillary sponsored the Flag Protection Act in 2005 which stated a year in jail and a $100,000 fine for anyone burning the American flag.
He's not just digging on Hillary, what he's doing is pointing out every Hypocrisy on the left to break down barriers people have in place.  The more he continues to marginalizes the leaders who oppose him, the more likely people are to support him.

Dude....I realize the bodhisattva has a plan none of us can see......but.....can he surf?

2016-11-29 9:34 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

The recount was just a ruse by Stein to fund raise for the Green Party and Hillary stupidly joined in.  .

I'm not sure that that was the plan all along-- I don't give Stein credit for being that smart, but that's certainly how it's going to turn out.

2016-11-29 9:46 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Can it be more obvious? Hillary's campaign wanted the recount! But would look completely stupid asking for one after ranting about accepting the results and then conceding the election. So she had whatshername, Stein, funded by Soros and backed by the DNC, to initiate the recounts. Then she plays Pontius Pilot and is just going along for the ride.

Electorally they would need to flip all 3 states to change the results. If it looks like that might happen....like when they find a tuckload of uncounted ballots in the heart of the biggest city...then Trump will contest VA and a few others.

This is exactly the banana republic the media ranted about before the election....they sure are quiet now.
2016-11-29 9:52 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio Can it be more obvious? Hillary's campaign wanted the recount! But would look completely stupid asking for one after ranting about accepting the results and then conceding the election. So she had whatshername, Stein, funded by Soros and backed by the DNC, to initiate the recounts. Then she plays Pontius Pilot and is just going along for the ride. Electorally they would need to flip all 3 states to change the results. If it looks like that might happen....like when they find a tuckload of uncounted ballots in the heart of the biggest city...then Trump will contest VA and a few others. This is exactly the banana republic the media ranted about before the election....they sure are quiet now.

You know.....all things being equal the simplest answer is usually the right one.....and this is probably it.  All the talk about lining up the GOP insiders to take over the world when Trump walks away seems like WAY too much tinfoil to me.  In the end, one way or another, this whole deal ends in a fiery crash.

2016-11-29 9:55 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Extreme Veteran
Maryland

Originally posted by Rogillio Can it be more obvious? Hillary's campaign wanted the recount! But would look completely stupid asking for one after ranting about accepting the results and then conceding the election. So she had whatshername, Stein, funded by Soros and backed by the DNC, to initiate the recounts. Then she plays Pontius Pilot and is just going along for the ride. Electorally they would need to flip all 3 states to change the results. If it looks like that might happen....like when they find a tuckload of uncounted ballots in the heart of the biggest city...then Trump will contest VA and a few others. This is exactly the banana republic the media ranted about before the election....they sure are quiet now.

well he is too late to challenge for a recount in at least Virginia, don't know about the other states.

and almost every election has some recounts....its not going to change anything so calm down.  and if it did, we should be putting the correct person in office anyhow.

2016-11-29 10:01 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by dmiller5

well he is too late to challenge for a recount in at least Virginia, don't know about the other states.

and almost every election has some recounts....its not going to change anything so calm down.  and if it did, we should be putting the correct person in office anyhow.

It's past the deadline in PA too and they missed it....but rules are for little people.....so they filed and will find a liberal judge that will give them more time because the process is 'too cumbersome' and there was not enough time, bla, bla, bla.
2016-11-29 10:05 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Here's my tinfoil hat theory: It's sounding like there is pressure being put on Trump by Pence to make Romney his SoS, despite strong opposition from others in Trump's inner circle who say that hiring Romney would be a betrayal of his supporters, since Romney was a big #nevertrump guy. Now, Pence, despite his affiliation with Trump, is hardly a political maverick. He's a pretty straight-arrow, conservative, traditional republican in almost every respect. If I'm borrowing Tony's tinfoil hat for a moment, I can see Pence convincing Trump to hire Romney, and then, the Republican Congress, many of whom have publicly voiced their widespread concerns about a Trump presidency, either impeaching him or not standing in the way of impeachment proceedings brought by democrats in the first year. Trump is forced out of office, leaving Pence and Romney, two "traditional" but unelectable republicans, in the White House without the fuss of having to get them legally elected. Or, if you really want to go full-on "wrap my whole house with tinfoil- infowars-level conspiracy theory": Trump has been conspiring with the GOP leadership all along, in order to place a cadre of far-right, unelectable republicans in the cabinet, and he plans to resign shortly into his term, leaving Pence, Romney, et al in charge. In return, they give Trump an endless series of sweetheart deals on his businesses, increasing his wealth and power exponentially. (Now, watch, Trump will pick, I dunno, Clint Eastwood, or someone as his Secretary of State, and this all goes out the window... )

I do agree that Pence is a lot more "traditional" in the sense of Republican politics and I also agree that Romney is at the table because Pence is pushing him.
I wouldn't be shocked if Romney got the nod for SoS, but I would be a little surprised.  We'll certainly see.
As for the congress as a whole supporting Trump I feel the #nevertrump movement was pretty small.  He has a lot more support than most people realize.  The tea party has put in place quite a few people over the years and the traditional Republicans are struggling to stay in power within their respective houses.

If I were to bet money I'd put it on Patraeus right now for SoS.

2016-11-29 10:07 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

The recount was just a ruse by Stein to fund raise for the Green Party and Hillary stupidly joined in.  .

I'm not sure that that was the plan all along-- I don't give Stein credit for being that smart, but that's certainly how it's going to turn out.

She did the same thing in 2012.  She fund raised off of recounts to get more money into the Green Party.  This time around there's enough people hurting in the DNC that she was able to really make bank.  There's zero percent chance anything comes of it, and the last I read in Wisconsin Trumps vote count increased by 500 votes because they realized a typo in one of the precincts reporting.  #SoMuchWinning

2016-11-29 10:10 AM
in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

With the tensions of this campaign season I would say there quite literally would be an armed revolution if Clinton somehow managed to flip the vote.  I agree there's no way the vote flip is going to happen, but can you imagine.  eek

2016-11-29 10:22 AM

User image

Pro

With the tensions of this campaign season I would say there quite literally would be an armed revolution if Clinton somehow managed to flip the vote.  I agree there's no way the vote flip is going to happen, but can you imagine.  eek

There are days when I think that's exactly what's needed. I have been around quite a few folks from the left who have been calling for one the last few years......they'd last about an hour and 20 minutes.

2016-11-29 10:24 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn Here's my tinfoil hat theory: It's sounding like there is pressure being put on Trump by Pence to make Romney his SoS, despite strong opposition from others in Trump's inner circle who say that hiring Romney would be a betrayal of his supporters, since Romney was a big #nevertrump guy. Now, Pence, despite his affiliation with Trump, is hardly a political maverick. He's a pretty straight-arrow, conservative, traditional republican in almost every respect. If I'm borrowing Tony's tinfoil hat for a moment, I can see Pence convincing Trump to hire Romney, and then, the Republican Congress, many of whom have publicly voiced their widespread concerns about a Trump presidency, either impeaching him or not standing in the way of impeachment proceedings brought by democrats in the first year. Trump is forced out of office, leaving Pence and Romney, two "traditional" but unelectable republicans, in the White House without the fuss of having to get them legally elected. Or, if you really want to go full-on "wrap my whole house with tinfoil- infowars-level conspiracy theory": Trump has been conspiring with the GOP leadership all along, in order to place a cadre of far-right, unelectable republicans in the cabinet, and he plans to resign shortly into his term, leaving Pence, Romney, et al in charge. In return, they give Trump an endless series of sweetheart deals on his businesses, increasing his wealth and power exponentially. (Now, watch, Trump will pick, I dunno, Clint Eastwood, or someone as his Secretary of State, and this all goes out the window... )

I do agree that Pence is a lot more "traditional" in the sense of Republican politics and I also agree that Romney is at the table because Pence is pushing him.
I wouldn't be shocked if Romney got the nod for SoS, but I would be a little surprised.  We'll certainly see.
As for the congress as a whole supporting Trump I feel the #nevertrump movement was pretty small.  He has a lot more support than most people realize.  The tea party has put in place quite a few people over the years and the traditional Republicans are struggling to stay in power within their respective houses.

Well, given the fuss the GOP made over Hillary's server, that would be an interesting choice, given that he personally gave testimony, as part of his plea bargain on felony charges, that he removed top secret documents, shared them with his mistress, a journalist, and then put them in an unsecured drawer in his house. He also admitted to lying to federal investigators about the unauthorized removal of the documents, showing them to his mistress, and storing them in his house.

I know that the world has gone crazy, and nothing makes sense anymore, but I'd like someone to explain to me how Trump supporters feel that Hillary is DQ'd from holding federal office and should be in jail for what she did, but Petraeus is a solid pick for SoS in the Trump white house. Especially since the FBI concluded that she'd done nothing criminal and Petraeus pled guilty to a crime served 2 years probation and paid $100,000 fine.
2016-11-29 10:29 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Well, given the fuss the GOP made over Hillary's server, that would be an interesting choice, given that he personally gave testimony, as part of his plea bargain on felony charges, that he removed top secret documents, shared them with his mistress, a journalist, and then put them in an unsecured drawer in his house. He also admitted to lying to federal investigators about the unauthorized removal of the documents, showing them to his mistress, and storing them in his house. I know that the world has gone crazy, and nothing makes sense anymore, but I'd like someone to explain to me how Trump supporters feel that Hillary is DQ'd from holding federal office and should be in jail for what she did, but Petraeus is a solid pick for SoS in the Trump white house. Especially since the FBI concluded that she'd done nothing criminal and Petraeus pled guilty to a crime served 2 years probation and paid $100,000 fine.

The key difference is in your last sentence.  Patraeus pled guilty and did his time.  Republicans are incredibly gracious when it comes to people redeeming themselves.  With Hillary she gamed the system through political influence to avoid being prosecuted when she did equally as bad or worse.

The irony doesn't escape me though, so it would be interesting. 

2016-11-29 11:00 AM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

Well, given the fuss the GOP made over Hillary's server, that would be an interesting choice, given that he personally gave testimony, as part of his plea bargain on felony charges, that he removed top secret documents, shared them with his mistress, a journalist, and then put them in an unsecured drawer in his house. He also admitted to lying to federal investigators about the unauthorized removal of the documents, showing them to his mistress, and storing them in his house. I know that the world has gone crazy, and nothing makes sense anymore, but I'd like someone to explain to me how Trump supporters feel that Hillary is DQ'd from holding federal office and should be in jail for what she did, but Petraeus is a solid pick for SoS in the Trump white house. Especially since the FBI concluded that she'd done nothing criminal and Petraeus pled guilty to a crime served 2 years probation and paid $100,000 fine.

The key difference is in your last sentence.  Patraeus pled guilty and did his time.  Republicans are incredibly gracious when it comes to people redeeming themselves.  With Hillary she gamed the system through political influence to avoid being prosecuted when she did equally as bad or worse.

Dude, that is literally the craziest thing I've ever heard. You're signing up to hand the top diplomatic job to a person who confessed to and was convicted of giving away top secret information and stealing Top Secret--not "classified"-- Top Secret documents. And your explanation is "he learned his lesson"? What is this, kindergarten? He didn't spill paint on the class guinea pig. He exhibited terrifyingly poor judgment and broke the law in the process.
2016-11-29 11:11 AM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Dude, that is literally the craziest thing I've ever heard. You're signing up to hand the top diplomatic job to a person who confessed to and was convicted of giving away top secret information and stealing Top Secret--not "classified"-- Top Secret documents. And your explanation is "he learned his lesson"? What is this, kindergarten? He didn't spill paint on the class guinea pig. He exhibited terrifyingly poor judgment and broke the law in the process.

You're assuming it wasn't a setup.  haha  (just kidding)

2016-11-29 11:16 AM

User image

Pro

I've read David Patraeus' book, "Tell Me How This Ends",  about his time in command in the Middle East.  I vote NO for him in any cabinet position.  He's a liar and cheat.

2016-11-29 11:19 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

That's your answer? No, I'm serious. I'd like for you to justify this for me. Explain to me why you think the US government should give the top security clearance available to a person who has already pled guilty to giving away secrets.

ETA: And you may not use "But but OBAMAAAAA" or "But but Hillary". Your guy is in charge now, and you'd better get used to holding him accountable on his own merits, just like you said you would.

Edited by jmk-brooklyn 2016-11-29 11:21 AM
2016-11-29 11:29 AM

User image

Pro

Telling the truth when you get caught does not make you an honest or trustworthy man.  No to Patraeus.

2016-11-29 1:27 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

That's your answer? No, I'm serious. I'd like for you to justify this for me. Explain to me why you think the US government should give the top security clearance available to a person who has already pled guilty to giving away secrets. ETA: And you may not use "But but OBAMAAAAA" or "But but Hillary". Your guy is in charge now, and you'd better get used to holding him accountable on his own merits, just like you said you would.

Well first off, you grossly mis-characterize his crime.  He plead guilty to a misdemeanor crime of mishandling classified information and to my knowledge it was because he had classified information stored in an unlocked drawer at his house.  I've never heard that he gave classified information to anyone, so what's your source for that?
Even the classified information that was found on Paula B's computer was never cited as coming from Patreaus.  She was an intelligence officer and had many emails from several key people including General Allen (commander in Afghanistan I believe).

He did have an affair and I don't like that, but it's not a disqualifying event for me personally.

2016-11-29 1:35 PM

User image

Pro

That's your answer? No, I'm serious. I'd like for you to justify this for me. Explain to me why you think the US government should give the top security clearance available to a person who has already pled guilty to giving away secrets. ETA: And you may not use "But but OBAMAAAAA" or "But but Hillary". Your guy is in charge now, and you'd better get used to holding him accountable on his own merits, just like you said you would.

Well first off, you grossly mis-characterize his crime.  He plead guilty to a misdemeanor crime of mishandling classified information and to my knowledge it was because he had classified information stored in an unlocked drawer at his house.  I've never heard that he gave classified information to anyone, so what's your source for that?
Even the classified information that was found on Paula B's computer was never cited as coming from Patreaus.  She was an intelligence officer and had many emails from several key people including General Allen (commander in Afghanistan I believe).

He did have an affair and I don't like that, but it's not a disqualifying event for me personally.

He's an arse-kisser......Give me someone like Mattis who ran over people to get to the top and kissed none.  Then you know what you've got.

2016-11-29 1:50 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

He's an arse-kisser......Give me someone like Mattis who ran over people to get to the top and kissed none.  Then you know what you've got.

For the record I said that's where my money was but I wouldn't say he's my first choice.  I've been going back and forth on who I think would be best for the position and haven't really landed on anyone yet.  I'm intrigued by Tulsi Gabbard as well.  She's a Democrat, but has been ostracized for standing up to her own party.
http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/the-administration/307527-tulsi-gabbard-is-the-pick-for-secretary-of-state-not

She's mad cute and has a really cool name, so that has to count for something. 

2016-11-29 2:28 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY

In January, 2015, the DOJ and FBI recommended felony charges against him. After initially refusing to plea bargain and denying the allegations, he copped a plea in March of 2015 to reduced charges.

Petraeus personally admitted in his testimony to the government that he had provided Broadwell access to secret information.

From the 15-page “statement of facts” provided by the government on the case:
“On or about 8/28/11, defendant delivered the 'Black Books' (notebooks which Petraeus previously stated contained Top Secret information) to a private residence in Washington where his biographer was staying during a week-long trip to Washington DC. The DC residence was not approved for the storage of classified information. Thereafter, on or about 8/28/11 to on or about 9/11/11, defendant left the Black Books at the DC private residence to facilitate his biographer’s access to the Black Books and the information contained therein.”

From a Washington Post article on the case:

"In the 15 page statement of facts filed by the government along with the plea agreement, the government stated that Petraeus had provided Broadwell access to documents containing Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information, had later moved those documents to his personal residence and stored them in an unsecured drawer, and had deliberately and intentionally lied to Federal investigators about both providing Broadwell access to the documents and their improper storage. These facts were acknowledged to be true by Petraeus as part of his plea agreement." ^ Lamothe, Dan (March 3, 2015). "'There's code word stuff in there': Case against David Petraeus laid out in court documents". The Washington Post.

(Those sources ok with you?)
New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Election 2016 Rss Feed  

of 76

RELATED POSTS

Triumph the Insult Comic Dog: Election 2016

Started by ChineseDemocracy
Views: 1196 Posts: 6

2016-03-13 7:08 PM HaydenHunter

2016 - WTF Pages: 1 2

Started by Renee
Views: 2714 Posts: 30

2016-02-23 8:09 PM Left Brain

Got my 2016 insurance rates today

Started by Dutchcrush
Views: 1289 Posts: 15

2015-12-19 9:17 AM mdg2003

Election 2014 Pages: 1 2 3

Started by tuwood
Views: 6191 Posts: 73

2015-01-21 9:41 AM Jackemy1

I figured out who I'm supporting for the 2016 election

Started by tuwood
Views: 1614 Posts: 5

2013-10-20 8:33 AM strykergt
RELATED ARTICLES
date : October 31, 2004
author : infosteward
comments : 0
Buried beneath election rhetoric about stem-cell research, gender in marriage and taxes are issues that could seriously affect your newfound hobby – triathlons.