BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 86

2016-08-27 11:13 AM
in reply to: Lighttower

User image

Veteran
Southampton, Ontario
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois
Originally posted by Lighttower

I hope you don't mind me interrupting, but I just had my first Tri today. Sprint 400m/20k/5k
My unofficial time is 1:20 (maybe 1:21)
I was almost the last one out of the water with 20 min. It took me 5mins on the bike to catch my breath. :D
It was a lot of fun. I almost didn't go. I am glad I did.
Thanks to YOU for giving me motivation!

Next one is a marathon. :-O

congratulations on your first Tri!

2016-08-27 6:51 PM
in reply to: DaveL

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by DaveL

I hope you don't mind me interrupting, but I just had my first Tri today. Sprint 400m/20k/5k
I was almost the last one out of the water with 20 min. It took me 5mins on the bike to catch my breath. :D

congratulations on your first Tri!

Great job!!
2016-08-27 6:52 PM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Denver, Colorado
My very first Oly tomorrow dedicated to Steve...

(steve.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
steve.jpg (54KB - 4 downloads)
2016-08-28 12:47 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
I like this idea. Will have to see what, if any, "body marking" like that is allowed at Worlds.
2016-08-28 5:13 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Well done Mark, enjoy your marathon training
2016-08-28 7:27 PM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
I hope that you all had a great weekend. Eric, Mel, Mary and Anne I hope that your races went well.

I had a great weekend with Mum, E and K and we all finished the HM in our goal times which was great.
(now I am sitting in very boring online training for Office 365, so perhaps a great time to write a race report )

(c2s finishers.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
c2s finishers.JPG (119KB - 3 downloads)

2016-08-28 8:36 PM

User image

Denver, Colorado
Originally posted by StaceyK

I hope that you all had a great weekend. Eric, Mel, Mary and Anne I hope that your races went well.

I had a great weekend with Mum, E and K and we all finished the HM in our goal times which was great.
(now I am sitting in very boring online training for Office 365, so perhaps a great time to write a race report )

I love this pic!! Looks like you had a perfect weather Congrats on a wonderful race!

Same to all other racers
I completed Oly! I did the damn 1,500 swim!!! Yooo hooooo!!! I had a blast, race report to come.
I hope everyone had great and sunny weekend
2016-08-28 8:52 PM

User image

Originally posted by marysia83

I love this pic!! Looks like you had a perfect weather Congrats on a wonderful race!

Same to all other racers
I completed Oly! I did the damn 1,500 swim!!! Yooo hooooo!!! I had a blast, race report to come.

Congrats and awesome job!!!
2016-08-28 9:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by marysia83

Same to all other racers
Well done Mary!!!
2016-08-29 1:16 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
has anyone else had problems changing their profile photo?

I have tried deleting the existing one and uploading a new one and it keeps reloading the existing photo. I am sure that there is something that I am doing wrong but I cant work it out.
2016-08-29 5:21 AM

User image

Expert
Illinois

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!!!

August 27-28
Eric - Chicago Lifetime Fitness Super Sprint on Saturday
Melanie - North East Triathlon - Sprint Course on Sunday
Mary G - Chicago Triathlon - Olympic Distance (A-Race!) on Sunday
Stacey - City2Surf half marathon on Sunday
Anne - Dan Adair Memorial Sprint Triathlon on Sunday

Any other racers?

Go Mary, Eric, Mel and Anne oh and go me.

Spent way too much money today at the expo got a run skirt and I may have picked up a Garmin 735XT for $500 instead of the normal $700.

Good score on the Garmin! How do you like your run skirt?

2016-08-29 7:20 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Congrats Mary G! Stacey--your profile pic looks new now! Not planning to change mine until I can score another shot with some hot male pro with his arm around me! (In truth, I have edited out the stunning blonde that Macca's other arm was around at the time.) Maybe someone can oblige me next weekend? I understand that one of the Raelert brothers (I used to have a pin-up of them) is racing!
2016-08-29 8:20 AM
in reply to: Hot Runner

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by Hot Runner

Congrats Mary G! Stacey--your profile pic looks new now! Not planning to change mine until I can score another shot with some hot male pro with his arm around me! (In truth, I have edited out the stunning blonde that Macca's other arm was around at the time.) Maybe someone can oblige me next weekend? I understand that one of the Raelert brothers (I used to have a pin-up of them) is racing!
see not showing up as new on either my iPad or computer. Weird hey.
2016-08-29 8:25 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by Hot Runner Congrats Mary G! Stacey--your profile pic looks new now! Not planning to change mine until I can score another shot with some hot male pro with his arm around me! (In truth, I have edited out the stunning blonde that Macca's other arm was around at the time.) Maybe someone can oblige me next weekend? I understand that one of the Raelert brothers (I used to have a pin-up of them) is racing!

Look into clearing the cache for whatever device/browser you are using. I'm seeing the new pic at home, but probably won't at work. 

2016-08-29 8:30 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Darren, the pain cave looks awfully nice.  I’m glad that you have corrected the roof blowing off problem.  That sounds potentially bad for electronics and other gear!

Karen, you must be getting so excited!  

Robin, inquiring minds want to know, how many parents showed up on Friday? ;-)

Mary, our traditional calendar public schools started today.  We also have some year round schools in the area. The university started on the 17th.  Congrats on the race!!!

Dave, that’s some video.  Talk about a downpour!

Stacey, I think that you’ll like the 735XT.  I know a few people who have that model and they all love it!  What kind of skirt did you get?  I like my Brooks running skirt in the summer.  Congrats on making your goal time!  Woo hoo!  (what Karen and Ben said, clear your browser cache, profile photo update for me as well)

2016-08-29 8:35 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by Hot Runner Congrats Mary G! Stacey--your profile pic looks new now! Not planning to change mine until I can score another shot with some hot male pro with his arm around me! (In truth, I have edited out the stunning blonde that Macca's other arm was around at the time.) Maybe someone can oblige me next weekend? I understand that one of the Raelert brothers (I used to have a pin-up of them) is racing!

Look into clearing the cache for whatever device/browser you are using. I'm seeing the new pic at home, but probably won't at work. 

how do I do that on my iPad? (IT and I aren't great friends)

2016-08-29 8:41 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Stacey, I think that you’ll like the 735XT.  I know a few people who have that model and they all love it!  What kind of skirt did you get?  I like my Brooks running skirt in the summer.  Congrats on making your goal time!  Woo hoo!  (what Karen and Ben said, clear your browser cache, profile photo update for me as well)

My skirt is from skirtsports but it is a bit too cold to wear it just yet. K got it for me as an early birthday/thank you for getting me into running gift.

I spent the time during my online training today fiddling with my new watch rather than listening about how to use Office 365. Take it for my first run tomorrow.
2016-08-29 8:51 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

My skirt is from skirtsports but it is a bit too cold to wear it just yet. K got it for me as an early birthday/thank you for getting me into running gift. I spent the time during my online training today fiddling with my new watch rather than listening about how to use Office 365. Take it for my first run tomorrow.

I have a couple of SkirtSports ones that I wear in the fall.  I like their tops even more.  I like the fabric.

Have you checked out DC Rainmaker's review?  http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/06/garmin-forerunner-735xt-in-depth-review.html  In his podcast he said that this is his go to watch when he's not testing something.

2016-08-29 9:36 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by Lighttower I hope you don't mind me interrupting, but I just had my first Tri today. Sprint 400m/20k/5k My unofficial time is 1:20 (maybe 1:21) I was almost the last one out of the water with 20 min. It took me 5mins on the bike to catch my breath. :D It was a lot of fun. I almost didn't go. I am glad I did. Thanks to YOU for giving me motivation! Next one is a marathon. :-O

BIG congrats!!  I"m glad you had fun, after all, that's what it's all about.

2016-08-29 9:44 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Pennsylvania

Mary G - Big congrats on finishing your Oly and for dedicating your race to Steve, very cool!

Stacey - I love all those smiles in that picture, I'm glad you all had a fun day!  Congrats on the new goodies, too.

Dave - yup, that's some serious rain and yucky conditions!

2016-08-29 9:45 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by melbo55

Mary G - Big congrats on finishing your Oly and for dedicating your race to Steve, very cool!

Stacey - I love all those smiles in that picture, I'm glad you all had a fun day!  Congrats on the new goodies, too.

Dave - yup, that's some serious rain and yucky conditions!

Yes, to all the above!

2016-08-29 11:47 AM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by brigby1

how do I do that on my iPad? (IT and I aren't great friends)

I've had to look it up each time too. 

In the Settings app, look under Safari. In this version of my phone, there is a "Clear History and Website Data" that will do it. Sometimes History and Website Data can be separate lines. The Website Data may instead say Cache and/or Cookies too. You may have to re-login to websites the next visit if those were saved to automatically log you in.

2016-08-29 7:45 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

My skirt is from skirtsports but it is a bit too cold to wear it just yet. K got it for me as an early birthday/thank you for getting me into running gift. I spent the time during my online training today fiddling with my new watch rather than listening about how to use Office 365. Take it for my first run tomorrow.

I have a couple of SkirtSports ones that I wear in the fall.  I like their tops even more.  I like the fabric.

Have you checked out DC Rainmaker's review?  http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/06/garmin-forerunner-735xt-in-depth-review.html  In his podcast he said that this is his go to watch when he's not testing something.

yep I read this review a couple of times in the last couple of weeks and it was it that made me decide that the 735 was what I wanted, I just didn't expect to get it until November or December when I thought I might be able to get one on a decent sale.

Ben thanks for the info on clearing the history it did the trick.
2016-08-29 9:06 PM

User image

Robin, inquiring minds want to know, how many parents showed up on Friday? ;-)

About 40-50 out of 625 kids. Of those, only 15 stayed for the community movie we showed on the football field.

Did I mention our principal, you know, the guy who set this up and told us we had to be there, didn't even show up? He had a previous commitment.
2016-08-30 6:54 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Wow--I thought we weren't doing too well with about 50%.....on a Thursday Back to School night. Much lower than in years past, despite similar barrage of e-mails and other reminders--not sure why. Quite a few parents did e-mail that they couldn't come. A lot seemed to be traveling on business. Maybe just a busy stretch for some of the big companies that employ a lot of people in our community. I always put the info I share onto a slide show and post it on the class blog, so parents who can't come (and those with limited English who may not be able to keep up with my presentation) can check it out or review it at their own convenience and e-mail if they have questions or concerns.

Our principal is awesome--he was presenting to different parent groups all evening in the auditorium. Plus he gave me leave for Worlds!

Edited by Hot Runner 2016-08-30 6:56 AM
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2016 - Manatee à trois Rss Feed  

of 86

RELATED POSTS

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group (Open)

Started by Baowolf
Views: 65 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 1:30 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's fun in the sun Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 26 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:48 AM Baowolf

Baowolf's Summer Extravaganza Mentor Group

Started by Baowolf
Views: 13 Posts: 1

2014-05-18 12:01 AM Baowolf

Mentors Needed - INSTRUCTIONS

Started by Ron
Views: 11077 Posts: 1

2006-12-20 4:55 PM Ron
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.

date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.