General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Swim Partners or Groups - near Stamford, CT (Fairfield County or Westchester County NY) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2016-08-04 1:54 PM

Subject: Open Water Swim Partners or Groups - near Stamford, CT (Fairfield County or Westchester County NY)
Hi - I am a swimmer not a triathlete but this seems like one of the best sites for open water swimming groups, so hope someone might be able to help me. I work in Stamford CT (long commute - start too early AM to swim before work). I am looking for a swim partner or swim group to open water swim with in or near Stamford. I work until 5:30 and can swim until sunset. If you are interested or could point me in the right direction that would be great.

If I could find a beach in Fairfield County or Westchester County that has lifeguards on duty past 6pm, I'd also be willing to swim alone (I have a swim tube/flotation device) I use while swimming. So if you know of any, please let me know.

Trying to be safe and enjoy the open water as much as possible while it is still warm enough. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Thanks

2016-09-10 2:11 PM
in reply to: #5194097

User image

Connecticut
Subject: RE: Open Water Swim Partners or Groups - near Stamford, CT (Fairfield County or Westchester County N
Mossman Triathlon Club's Facebook group normally has a pretty decent amount of people posting about swim groups. Some in the Milford area and some in Bethany. I've never actually gone to one so I can't vouch but good people
2017-03-05 9:37 AM
in reply to: #5198280

Subject: RE: Open Water Swim Partners or Groups - near Stamford, CT (Fairfield County or Westchester County N
Tod's Point in Old Greenwich is one of the best locations for open water swimming in all of Fairfield County. I've been swimming there on W/F mornings at 6:30 am from June - end of Oct for 13 yrs. There are always people there so you're seldom alone. Not as many swimmers later in the afternoon. Park closes at sunset though guards get off duty at 5pm. It's a very protected stretch of beach and not subject to much current so swimming without guards doesn't present much risk. Unfortunately, the town started enforcing their permitting requirements more vigorously last year so you can't drive in without a vehicle sticker on your car when the gates open in the morning. I started riding my bike there in the from town (a couple miles) - they don't require beach passes for pedestrians/cyclists before 7am. I believe the regulations are similar after 5pm.

I recently moved up to Redding CT so I may start looking more at Fairfield beaches - Penfield/Jennings. If anyone would like to get a group together this summer, let me know! I'm always up for a swim!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Open Water Swim Partners or Groups - near Stamford, CT (Fairfield County or Westchester County NY) Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Open water swim near New Haven, CT

Started by morrij6
Views: 2724 Posts: 5

2015-07-03 8:54 PM morrij6

Milford, CT Open Water Swim

Started by jverdura
Views: 4822 Posts: 16

2017-03-05 9:38 AM SAASwimmer

open water swim places in southern CT

Started by suefesta
Views: 6501 Posts: 8

2010-06-07 1:15 PM rbriggz

Open water swims in north central CT?

Started by Donzy
Views: 2905 Posts: 8

2009-06-11 10:34 PM Donzy

Fairfield County = Some of the Worst Riding in the World

Started by BaitBoy
Views: 1635 Posts: 16

2008-10-07 1:09 PM BaitBoy
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 30, 2016
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Open Water Training: Tips to Improve Your Breathing Technique

date : April 29, 2016
author : CoachSarah
comments : 3
Learn how to prepare and avoid the cold water freak-out
date : March 12, 2014
author : TeamMPI
comments : 1
The majority of new triathletes see the open water swim as their biggest stumbling block. Here are four steps to help you have a better swim experience in your first (or next) triathlon.

date : June 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 4
MAPS is Meditation, Acclimatization, Practice, and Strategy, which are key for giving you the confidence and skills to execute the open-water swim in a triathlon well.
date : September 15, 2011
Don't be scared for the swim! Gain more confidence for your open water swims with these tips

date : September 6, 2011
author : alicefoeller
The pros and cons of training with a group or training partner
date : October 29, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
Triathlon swim training discussions on the pull, open water swimming all year, winter swim focus, bilateral breathing during a race and Ironman swim training in 6 weeks.

date : September 3, 2006
author : TriDDS
comments : 1
Stroke after stroke, my pace was pulling me out into the middle of the lake quickly. The cover seemed to be getting thicker. But still in the distance, the little boathouse was my lighthouse.