Other Resources The Political Joe » Email hacking Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2016-12-10 8:11 AM

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Subject: Email hacking
Trump should leave this one alone, let a bipartisan effort to investigate the hacking that occurred during the election to be fully investigated. It is important to get to the bottom of this, we NEED to know and slap sanctions on them if they were behind this. Anything Trump may say in opposition to such an investigation has poor optics.

2016-12-10 9:25 PM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE
Subject: RE: Email hacking

Originally posted by Oysterboy Trump should leave this one alone, let a bipartisan effort to investigate the hacking that occurred during the election to be fully investigated. It is important to get to the bottom of this, we NEED to know and slap sanctions on them if they were behind this. Anything Trump may say in opposition to such an investigation has poor optics.

I don't disagree, but from everything I've seen it appears to be an inside job.  Seth Rich is the leading candidate in the weird parts of the web.
Main evidence was when Assange was asked about Seth Rich being killed he said his sources take great risks (or something to that effect).  Then he walked it back and said they don't reveal their sources, blah blah.

"The Russians did it" was a big theme of Hillary's campaign so pretty much everything that happened was their fault.  Obama's crooked justice dept and infiltrated spy agencies are of course going to tow the political line for him.

If there's truly an independent investigation then I'm all for it.  Personally I feel that Trump could just as easily influence the direction of the investigation as Obama is now so "What difference, at this point does it make".

2016-12-11 5:36 AM
in reply to: tuwood

User image

Expert
Floriduh
Yep, thumbs can be placed on scales. But that does not mean we should not ask what happened. Trump's protestations make it look like he has something to hide. Not saying he does, but my bet is that he won't let this go, thus reinforcing that narrative. We'll see how much he understands political nuance. I have my popcorn and a front row seat.
2016-12-12 8:39 AM
in reply to: Oysterboy

User image

Champion
Alabama
Totally disagree. This is pure politics...pay back for the birther controversy. If there is an investigation why the hell would you tell the media? "We are going to investigate the Russian hacking". Really? What purposed did that server? Maybe you just told the Russians to go clean up their tracks? Maybe you just told them to be more careful the next time. Maybe you just told the Russians they need give their IT source some cement boots.

This is like suspecting a company executives had been embezzling money but you have no proof....so you announce to everyone, "Some of investigators think Joe Smith is embezzling. Some do not think he did. We are going to do a full investigation." "Hey, anyone seen Joe lately?"

Great movie line: "What is the French word for 'stake-out'" - Bourne Identity

Total crock and attempt to delegitimize Trump. Democrats simply cannot accept that they are out of touch and lost because of ideology.

Nothing came out of the hacks that even came close to setting up a private email server to hide State Department correspondence to avoid FOIA. Yet we are led to believe the Russians had their 'thumb on the scale'......Hillary had both feet on that scale!

When the hacks were coming out from WikiLeaks we were told there is no way you can definitively tell who did the hacks. Might be Russia, might be China, might be some IT geek living in his mother's basement. It's one and zeros! There are no fingerprints left on the desktop or doorknob.

China is the biggest cyber risk to the US. Not Russia.

But step back a moment and think.....someone in the intel community is 'fairly certain' that the hacks came from Russia....and yet the FBI could not definitively say whether or not Clinton's classified emails were hacked or not? Could not tell if they were hacked yet alone by whom!!

One more thought about all the righteous indignation that anyone would DARE hack the emails of US politicians. How quickly we forgot that they US was caught wire-tapping the German Prime Minister Merkel and her aid and have done so for years. She is an ally! She is the prime minister! Shock?

No, not shock. Everyone spies on everyone. Everyone hacks everyone if they can.

Russia and Chinese and NK and Germany and the UK and the US do not leave a trail of breadcrumbs when they hack. You will never even know you are hacked....let along know by whom you were hacked!
2016-12-12 8:57 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

I've been a part of thousands of criminal investigations from the municipal to the federal level........not a single time did we tell anyone outside the investigation what we were doing, who we suspected, why we suspected them, or anything else.......NOTHING.  The only reason you are seeing it now is because it's political.  There can be no other reason to operate that way.  Unfortunately, the only thing it really accomplishes, in the end, is that the federal law enforcement/investigative agencies involved look like a bunch of dumbarse morons.

Trump won......it's over.....let's all move on down the road.

To Oyster's original point, i agree completely.....Trump should just watch and laugh....he can gain nothing by interjecting himself.

Edited by Left Brain 2016-12-12 8:58 AM
2016-12-12 9:54 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Tejas
Post election residual butt-hurt.

McCain and Graham joining the fray with Chuckie Schumer? Post election residual butt-hurt, GOP style.

2016-12-12 10:28 AM
in reply to: mdg2003

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by mdg2003

Post election residual butt-hurt.

McCain and Graham joining the fray with Chuckie Schumer? Post election residual butt-hurt, GOP style.

3 peas in a pod and yes, 3 sore butts
2016-12-12 10:30 AM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by Left Brain

I've been a part of thousands of criminal investigations from the municipal to the federal level........not a single time did we tell anyone outside the investigation what we were doing, who we suspected, why we suspected them, or anything else.......NOTHING.  The only reason you are seeing it now is because it's political.  There can be no other reason to operate that way.  Unfortunately, the only thing it really accomplishes, in the end, is that the federal law enforcement/investigative agencies involved look like a bunch of dumbarse morons.

Trump won......it's over.....let's all move on down the road.

To Oyster's original point, i agree completely.....Trump should just watch and laugh....he can gain nothing by interjecting himself.

You said the same thing I said.....but in a lot fewer words. I salute your brevity!
2016-12-12 10:54 AM
in reply to: Rogillio

User image

Champion
Chicago, Illinois
I think he should just let it happen. I doubt it was Russia but could be wrong. even suspect inside job.

If Trump found to be part of it (paid for it or worked with hackers) then he should removed from office.

If Russia or anyone else did it and Trump was not involved. Then we need to have some sort plenty and move on.

Funny though what the DNC does not realize it could help them in the long wrong. It shows they need to clean house and get back to what they need to do. Though the way they seem to handle the results is bad. They still do not see why they lost so bad and until they do they will continue to lose.

2016-12-12 11:10 AM
in reply to: chirunner134

User image

Champion
Alabama
The 'funny' thing about this is everyone has forgotten all the corruption the hacked emails pointed to. We are more concerned with who did the hacking than what they hacking showed.

I guess the country has a Maranda right mentality. It's doesn't matter that the DNC was getting debate question before the debate, that is not admissible because someone illegally hacked someone's email.

We also seem more concerned with who hacked the DNC than who probably hacked the US Secretary of State while she was in office. Actually, the reason we DON'T hear about that is because there really is an investigation into that hacking and the data spillage from using unclass systems to transmit classified data. Understand, it's not just a matter of the sender and the receiver.....it's about the networks they data went over and who was monitoring those networks.
2016-12-12 12:27 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

You guys are all wrong.  The Russians are the best Hackers in the world.

They hacked Hillary's campaign and forced them to not visit Wisconsin a single time.
They hacked Hillary's brain and made her pass out so she would be thrown into a van like a side of beef.
They hacked Hillary's teleprompter and forced her to call half of the country deplorable people. 

I think you get the idea.  They have amazing hacking skills that we have yet to fathom.

2016-12-12 12:55 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by tuwood

You guys are all wrong.  The Russians are the best Hackers in the world.

They hacked Hillary's campaign and forced them to not visit Wisconsin a single time.
They hacked Hillary's brain and made her pass out so she would be thrown into a van like a side of beef.
They hacked Hillary's teleprompter and forced her to call half of the country deplorable people. 

I think you get the idea.  They have amazing hacking skills that we have yet to fathom.

Like the Pelican brief you have accidently started pulling on the wrong thread. Keep your head down and be leery of anyone wearing Foster Grants, wearing trench coats and driving black SUVs.

Ok, here is the deal.....Hillary is the Russian's Manchurian candidate, except for the losing side. Remember Trump took the call from Taiwan? Remember that. It's important but I'm not sure how. Putin is big into oil. Turns out Donald's interest in oil run deep (pun intended). It is all part of the Twain and Russian Unity Monopoly of Petroleum (TRUMP) deal that the Don put together to control oil and golf courses. No coincident his Sec of State is the former head of Exxon. Senator Rockefeller is also involved as Sony stock on the rise.....you know, SONY......aka Standard Oil of New York of Rockefeller wealth.
2016-12-12 1:44 PM

User image

Pro

Somebody wake me up when the Dems finally get around to blaming the right entity for their loss (themselves).....the rest of this crap is about as boring and whiny as anything has been in politics for a long time.

Donald Trump will be President of the United States. Duly elected by the people of this nation.  (with possible help from the Russians and/or space monkeys from the planet Nebulan)

2016-12-12 1:57 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
You guys are so full of it.

Let's dismiss climate change as a hoax, because "follow the money". Clearly the Clinton Foundation is a racket, because, "follow the money".

But when Trump, in the midst of accusations about Russia influencing the election, wants to install the Exxon CEO, who has known ties to Putin, as Secretary of State, despite his total lack of diplomatic experience, you're all like "Move along. Nothing to see here..."

What happened to "follow the money"?
2016-12-12 2:03 PM
in reply to: jmk-brooklyn

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn You guys are so full of it. Let's dismiss climate change as a hoax, because "follow the money". Clearly the Clinton Foundation is a racket, because, "follow the money". But when Trump, in the midst of accusations about Russia influencing the election, wants to install the Exxon CEO, who has known ties to Putin, as Secretary of State, despite his total lack of diplomatic experience, you're all like "Move along. Nothing to see here..." What happened to "follow the money"?

I'll go with follow the money.........it's better than "WAAAAAAAA!!!!  They cheated!!!".  Hey, how's that recount going?  LMAOOOOOOO

The Dems have had their way for 8 years....that's all over now......uh....."move along...nothing to see here".

What the hell happend to "OMG, Donald Trump says he won't accept the results if he is not elected....how dare he!!!!....it's one of our greatest democratic principles!!!!"  HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! 

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

2016-12-12 2:10 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

You guys are so full of it.

Let's dismiss climate change as a hoax, because "follow the money". Clearly the Clinton Foundation is a racket, because, "follow the money".

But when Trump, in the midst of accusations about Russia influencing the election, wants to install the Exxon CEO, who has known ties to Putin, as Secretary of State, despite his total lack of diplomatic experience, you're all like "Move along. Nothing to see here..."

What happened to "follow the money"?

Non ducor, duco.

2016-12-12 2:12 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn You guys are so full of it. Let's dismiss climate change as a hoax, because "follow the money". Clearly the Clinton Foundation is a racket, because, "follow the money". But when Trump, in the midst of accusations about Russia influencing the election, wants to install the Exxon CEO, who has known ties to Putin, as Secretary of State, despite his total lack of diplomatic experience, you're all like "Move along. Nothing to see here..." What happened to "follow the money"?

OK, lets follow the money.  What money are we following?  Who paid whom and for what?

I don't think it's a big shock that the CEO of Exxon would have a relationship with Russia, and I don't understand why everyone thinks that's a bad thing.
In contrast Hillary when she became SoS didn't have a relationship and showed up with a cartoonish "reset button" and embarrassed our entire nation.  I'm not saying she wasn't well intended, but having a real world understanding of governments and cultures is the foundation of good diplomatic policy.  This whole faux narrative of Trump being controlled by Russia is worse than any tinfoil hat conspiracy the Conservatives have ever come up with.

Remember just a few weeks ago how we had this "sources say" report about the Russians influencing the vote in WI, MI, and PA and we should do a recount.  Then after the recounts start we learn that they were all paper ballots and of course there wasn't a lick of evidence other than lots of questions raised about how the Dem strongholds had irregularities that are now being investigated.

You're falling into the fake news trap that's feeding into your emotion of what you want to happen and you're completely suspending your sniff test.  Believe me, I lived in that world for many years before I saw the light.
This whole Russia interfered with the election story is the biggest nothingburger in the history of nothingburgers. 

2016-12-12 2:28 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama

OK, lets follow the money.  What money are we following?  Who paid whom and for what?

I don't think it's a big shock that the CEO of Exxon would have a relationship with Russia, and I don't understand why everyone thinks that's a bad thing.
In contrast Hillary when she became SoS didn't have a relationship and showed up with a cartoonish "reset button" and embarrassed our entire nation.  I'm not saying she wasn't well intended, but having a real world understanding of governments and cultures is the foundation of good diplomatic policy.  This whole faux narrative of Trump being controlled by Russia is worse than any tinfoil hat conspiracy the Conservatives have ever come up with.

Remember just a few weeks ago how we had this "sources say" report about the Russians influencing the vote in WI, MI, and PA and we should do a recount.  Then after the recounts start we learn that they were all paper ballots and of course there wasn't a lick of evidence other than lots of questions raised about how the Dem strongholds had irregularities that are now being investigated.

You're falling into the fake news trap that's feeding into your emotion of what you want to happen and you're completely suspending your sniff test.  Believe me, I lived in that world for many years before I saw the light.
This whole Russia interfered with the election story is the biggest nothingburger in the history of nothingburgers. 

I don't understand the hating Russia thing either. Mitch McConnell said, ""The Russians are not our friends."

WTH kinda of diplomacy is that?! People have lost their collective minds!

Never tell you enemies what you are thinking! - Don Corleone

Seriously, why would an experienced politician make such a statement?

Here Mitch, try this: "The Russian are good people. Right now I question some of the decisions their leaders have made but we have common interest around the globe and need to work together......"

How did he become leader I the Senate anyway? Nobody ran this by me.
2016-12-12 2:35 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Rogillio

I don't understand the hating Russia thing either. Mitch McConnell said, ""The Russians are not our friends." WTH kinda of diplomacy is that?! People have lost their collective minds! Never tell you enemies what you are thinking! - Don Corleone Seriously, why would an experienced politician make such a statement? Here Mitch, try this: "The Russian are good people. Right now I question some of the decisions their leaders have made but we have common interest around the globe and need to work together......" How did he become leader I the Senate anyway? Nobody ran this by me.

Spot on!! 

And standby......the Libs in this country are just getting wound up. 

Just keep playing out the rope......gotta make sure there is enough for all of them to hang themselves.

2016-12-12 2:37 PM

User image

Champion
Brooklyn, NY
I think the recount is stupid, and I've been saying that from the beginning. I also think the discussion of eliminating the EC is stupid too.

But, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of cheering a bunch of highly-questionable, blatantly politically motivated Benghazi and email investigations (which, by the way, have proven nothing) for years, but who suddenly are deeply concerned about wasting the taxpayers' time and money as soon as the shoe is on the other foot.

Imagine if two years ago the CIA had said, "We have concerns that Russia may be trying to influence the SoS through shady donations to the Clinton foundation"? Tony would have been standing in front of the White House with a torch and a pitchfork. But, now, it's a big nothingburger.

And, btw, someone who regularly posts links to Infowars doesn't need to be lecturing anyone on fake news.
2016-12-12 2:39 PM

User image

Pro

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I think the recount is stupid, and I've been saying that from the beginning. I also think the discussion of eliminating the EC is stupid too. But, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of cheering a bunch of highly-questionable, blatantly politically motivated Benghazi and email investigations (which, by the way, have proven nothing) for years, but who suddenly are deeply concerned about wasting the taxpayers' time and money as soon as the shoe is on the other foot. Imagine if two years ago the CIA had said, "We have concerns that Russia may be trying to influence the SoS through shady donations to the Clinton foundation"? Tony would have been standing in front of the White House with a torch and a pitchfork. But, now, it's a big nothingburger. And, btw, someone who regularly posts links to Infowars doesn't need to be lecturing anyone on fake news.

No silly, those were Middle East Countries, not Russia.

2016-12-12 2:41 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn I think the recount is stupid, and I've been saying that from the beginning. I also think the discussion of eliminating the EC is stupid too. But, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of cheering a bunch of highly-questionable, blatantly politically motivated Benghazi and email investigations (which, by the way, have proven nothing) for years, but who suddenly are deeply concerned about wasting the taxpayers' time and money as soon as the shoe is on the other foot. Imagine if two years ago the CIA had said, "We have concerns that Russia may be trying to influence the SoS through shady donations to the Clinton foundation"? Tony would have been standing in front of the White House with a torch and a pitchfork. But, now, it's a big nothingburger. And, btw, someone who regularly posts links to Infowars doesn't need to be lecturing anyone on fake news.

Infowars has a better track record than CNN.  #ouch

btw, did you not hear me screaming from the rooftops about all the donations to the Clinton foundation and the pay for play?  Lets say Putin personally paid Trump hundreds of millions of dollars for development projects across Russia over the past 10 years.  It means absolutely nothing because he was a business owner trying to make money in his business.
With Clinton she was currently acting as Secretary of State and actively soliciting money for her own personal criminal enterprise to enrich herself and her family and was returning political favors and doing the bidding of foreign governments.  Just read up on the sale of 20% of our nations Uranium supply to Russia if you want to get sick to your stomach.

I'm not saying Trump is going to be perfect and I'm not saying the Exxon dude is going to be perfect, but I will say that the faux "the Russians own these guys" argument just sounds silly because it is silly.

2016-12-12 2:59 PM

User image

Champion
Alabama
Originally posted by jmk-brooklyn

I think the recount is stupid, and I've been saying that from the beginning. I also think the discussion of eliminating the EC is stupid too.

But, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of cheering a bunch of highly-questionable, blatantly politically motivated Benghazi and email investigations (which, by the way, have proven nothing) for years, but who suddenly are deeply concerned about wasting the taxpayers' time and money as soon as the shoe is on the other foot.

Imagine if two years ago the CIA had said, "We have concerns that Russia may be trying to influence the SoS through shady donations to the Clinton foundation"? Tony would have been standing in front of the White House with a torch and a pitchfork. But, now, it's a big nothingburger.

And, btw, someone who regularly posts links to Infowars doesn't need to be lecturing anyone on fake news.

I won't rehash Benghazi......but the most important question of the whole Benghazi affair never got answered: Why were help not on the way to Benghazi? Yes, I understand they could not have made it there in time...we know this in hindsite. But we didn't know how long the fight was gonna last.

We need to be able to answer this question and to be able to fix the problem Was it poor communication? Slow decision making? Lack of clear chair on command? If a US Embassy is attacked anywhere in the world, how long does it take before we have troops in the air? 2 hrs? 8 hrs? 24 hrs? How long? I'm not asking how long before help gets on-site, I'm asking how long before call for help is made until we have troops on the move.

My suspicion is there was confusion as to who could 'authorize' the us to engage....that is, the rules of engagement. Could the Sec Def order troops? Did that go to Centcom or Eucom?

When this happens again (and it will) and we don't respond in a timely manner, the blood will be on the hands of those who refused to answer these questions.

After 9/11 they held hearing and found out that communications sucked! The PD did not talk to the FB and emergency organizations at the local, state and federal level. They found out that they used didn't radios systems. They learned at lot and made corrections. I've not see any corrections come out of Benghazi. Why? Because that would be an admission that someone screwed up! That would mean the 'this is a republican witch-hunt' narrative was wrong and there was good to come from the hearings.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox.....
2016-12-12 3:15 PM

User image

Pro

I heard the Russians hacked into the Cleveland Indians emails and gave them false information about the Cubs lineup, allowing Chicago to win the World Series.

I knew it!!!!!!!!  There was no way the Cubs won without outside influence!

2016-12-12 3:24 PM

User image

Pro
Omaha, NE

Originally posted by Left Brain

I heard the Russians hacked into the Cleveland Indians emails and gave them false information about the Cubs lineup, allowing Chicago to win the World Series.

I knew it!!!!!!!!  There was no way the Cubs won without outside influence!

You forgot to cite "unnamed sources from the CIA"

New Thread
Other Resources The Political Joe » Email hacking Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

government email / security

Started by spudone
Views: 440 Posts: 5

2016-07-07 3:23 PM spudone

IMNorth Carolina sent emails options to backout => HB2

Started by strykergt
Views: 1491 Posts: 13