General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mayo Clinic Running Program? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2017-01-10 9:49 AM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: Mayo Clinic Running Program?

Hi.  Has anyone investigated or completed one of the Mayo Clinic Running Program options?

https://sportsmedicine.mayoclinic.org/performance-training/running.php

I am planning on doing the Essential package in Minneapolis, hopefully soon. I feel totally out of whack lately when it comes to running - I think I need professional help    Just curious about personal reviews, even if it's third party.

2017-01-12 9:00 AM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Master
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Mayo Clinic Running Program?
Looks cool! Not sure it would help my running more than just some structured training and hard work, but it looks interesting and would probably learn a few things.

Why do you feel "out of whack"?
2017-02-01 3:02 PM
in reply to: ejshowers

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Mayo Clinic Running Program?

I think they can work on any sort of help a person needs, whether it's a training regimen, healing from injury, etc.

When I was marathon training I ended up with a sore back (still working on diagnosis) and right knee pain (almost surely shoe issue), and with trying to overcompensate I feel tense and awkward on most runs.   I am still experiencing an unusual overpronation issue with my right leg (I was neutral so many many years), so might need professional help in the order of orthodics.  I also would like advice on my stride and maybe some ideas about how to improve.  My main goal is injury prevention so I can keep running happily and I think everything else just follows.  

My appt is in about 2 weeks!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mayo Clinic Running Program? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cinco “Du” Mayo Duathlon

Started by stevestenzel
Views: 1235 Posts: 15

2012-05-07 1:16 PM stevestenzel

Cinco Du Mayo Duathlon

Started by lakelandsledder
Views: 1472 Posts: 12

2011-05-08 6:40 AM lakelandsledder

Cinco du Mayo Duathlon 2010

Started by MNGopher
Views: 2132 Posts: 4

2010-05-10 9:19 AM F4rword

dork rocket SWIM CLINIC april 15th

Started by autumn
Views: 1022 Posts: 3

2006-04-11 7:18 AM autumn

Anyone taken a similar swim clinic?

Started by bromaui2
Views: 1006 Posts: 6

2006-03-27 8:46 AM bromaui2
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 4, 2009
author : nevergivin
comments : 5
Benefits of an underwater swim clinic to help correct your swimming stroke - plus a few swim tips to be mindful of.

date : February 2, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
comments : 0
Here is a very focused and specific triathlon stretching program that you can employ during or after your swim, bike and run workouts.
date : January 18, 2009
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Start getting fit and losing weight in the New Year with our beginner cycling program. This program can get you fit and ready to then start any of our sprint or olympic triathlon training programs.

date : May 7, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 1
If you have running problems or just want to improve your running, this video will serve to show you how a ChiRunning clinic is conducted and the philosophy behind it.
date : August 31, 2004
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Kevin Koskella of www.TriSwimCoach.com gives his introduction on how he became a swim coach.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Overview of two walk/run routines for training for a 5K.
comments : 12
This aggressive couch to 5k program will get you running from nothing and will be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.

This couch to 5k program will get your running in seven months and can be the lead-up to any of the sprint programs.