BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 44

2017-08-22 7:38 PM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Subject: RE: Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition
Originally posted by ceilidh

Hey all. Your good thoughts helped out. Jim's PET scan came back with cancer in a small, localized area and no where else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Localized radiation will be used to kick its . We found out just before the eclipse. Battle plans being made on many fronts. One of them is getting back to training, the other to not be sol self absorbed and be more active here.  So I signed up for two Half Marathons last night after everyone was asleep. One in the Smokey Mnt National Park in November, the other in Key West in Jan. Training starts in the morning

So relieved for you that it's localized!

2017-08-22 7:50 PM
in reply to: #5225979

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida
Robin, that is so good to hear!!! BTW, I loved your eclipse pics on FB.
2017-08-22 8:26 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by cdban66 Robin, that is so good to hear!!! BTW, I loved your eclipse pics on FB.

blushing We had a blast.

2017-08-23 8:25 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Hey all. Your good thoughts helped out. Jim's PET scan came back with cancer in a small, localized area and no where else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Localized radiation will be used to kick its . We found out just before the eclipse. Battle plans being made on many fronts. One of them is getting back to training, the other to not be sol self absorbed and be more active here.  So I signed up for two Half Marathons last night after everyone was asleep. One in the Smokey Mnt National Park in November, the other in Key West in Jan. Training starts in the morning

Fantastic news about Jim!

Those halfs sound like fun! Happy training :-D

2017-08-23 8:26 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by StaceyK

Thats so good to hear Robin. Happy running today
but I really AM running tomorrow

We'll be checking!

2017-08-23 9:13 AM

User image

Pennsylvania

Such fantastic news about Jim's PET scan results, yay, yay, YAY!!!

Signing up for 2 half marathons after everyone is asleep is funny - and good!  Now get out there and run!

2017-08-23 10:01 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina

Really glad to hear the good news. And the signing up for half-marathons is a celebration that few outside this group would appreciate
2017-08-23 10:14 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by jmkizer

Slightly off topic

What do you guys know about Yeti bikes and paint? Kevin's fancy pants mtb has paint that is peeling. The bike is ~3 years old. The paint is coming up the top tube (so no rubbing -- basically no contact). The bike is transported on a bike rack that holds the bike from the bottom (Thule T2). It's at the shop for a drop post cable replacement and the shop is going to contact Yeti about it. This just seems weird.

ETA: Carbon frame

ok so kind of related - back in the early to mid 2000s Titus had a HUGE problem with paint peeling from their bikes. Mine was one of them. They said there was a problem with the treating process in (surprise) China. It was a HUGE pr disaster and probably what eventually led them out of business. Having said that, back then Yeti was having some other frame issues and I know of at least 1 person who received a warranty frame. Yeti has lasted so I'm hoping for Kevin's sake their customer service is rock solid. My guess is, it is. Let me know what happens!! And Ann Marie I've had my T2 through 4 cars and going on 12 years. I just replaced some of the moving parts (ratcheting arm etc) but that rack is bomb proof.

Yeti done good. They are replacing the frame. The current frame is stealth black (black logon on black frame) and it will be replaced with a turquoise frame. The new frame will not be in until November. The paint issue is cosmetic so Kevin can use the bike until then.  Well, once the drop post is fixed.

PSA, REI has Yakima racks for 20% off during their Labor Day sale. 

2017-08-23 12:47 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Slightly off topic

What do you guys know about Yeti bikes and paint? Kevin's fancy pants mtb has paint that is peeling. The bike is ~3 years old. The paint is coming up the top tube (so no rubbing -- basically no contact). The bike is transported on a bike rack that holds the bike from the bottom (Thule T2). It's at the shop for a drop post cable replacement and the shop is going to contact Yeti about it. This just seems weird.

ok so kind of related - back in the early to mid 2000s Titus had a HUGE problem with paint peeling from their bikes. Mine was one of them. They said there was a problem with the treating process in (surprise) China. It was a HUGE pr disaster and probably what eventually led them out of business. Having said that, back then Yeti was having some other frame issues and I know of at least 1 person who received a warranty frame. Yeti has lasted so I'm hoping for Kevin's sake their customer service is rock solid. My guess is, it is. Let me know what happens!! And Ann Marie I've had my T2 through 4 cars and going on 12 years. I just replaced some of the moving parts (ratcheting arm etc) but that rack is bomb proof.

Yeti done good. They are replacing the frame. The current frame is stealth black (black logon on black frame) and it will be replaced with a turquoise frame. The new frame will not be in until November. The paint issue is cosmetic so Kevin can use the bike until then.  Well, once the drop post is fixed.

Excellent!! Glad it worked out.

In other news, Rinny and Tim had their baby girl yesterday. They are like the cutest super couple - sorry, THREESOME. That girl is going to be unstoppable!
2017-08-23 1:04 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Slightly off topic

Excellent!! Glad it worked out. In other news, Rinny and Tim had their baby girl yesterday. They are like the cutest super couple - sorry, THREESOME. That girl is going to be unstoppable!

I've been wondering about that. She sure wasn't fast in getting here! Thanks for the info.

2017-08-23 3:19 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Originally posted by rrrunner

Slightly off topic

Excellent!! Glad it worked out. In other news, Rinny and Tim had their baby girl yesterday. They are like the cutest super couple - sorry, THREESOME. That girl is going to be unstoppable!

I've been wondering about that. She sure wasn't fast in getting here! Thanks for the info.

Crap! I forgot to post this! I ran into them while I was riding in Boulder a few weekends ago. They were hiking, hoping to "move things along." They are so nice and will talk to you and answer any questions you have. (I'm too shy to ask them questions, but my friends arent!)

2017-08-23 4:03 PM
in reply to: fortissimo

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by fortissimo

Slightly off topic

Crap! I forgot to post this! I ran into them while I was riding in Boulder a few weekends ago. They were hiking, hoping to "move things along." They are so nice and will talk to you and answer any questions you have. (I'm too shy to ask them questions, but my friends arent!)

I met them at Oceanside. They are wonderful.

(IMG_0908.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_0908.JPG (515KB - 3 downloads)
2017-08-23 4:14 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by fortissimo

Slightly off topic

I met them at Oceanside. They are wonderful.

I have never met them but they seem to be the American version of Trevor and Heather Wertele. Humble, down to earth, good peeps. Baby is beautiful!
2017-08-23 4:15 PM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Master
Robin, so glad to hear the (relative) good news about Jim.
2017-08-24 8:14 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Expert
Ann-Marie and Janyne have you seen that the three of us have been rotating in and out of the top 10 and top 20 on the IM Louisville leader board for Strava this week? Apparently, Manatees rule the IM circuit too. HAHA
2017-08-24 10:31 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JBacarella Ann-Marie and Janyne have you seen that the three of us have been rotating in and out of the top 10 and top 20 on the IM Louisville leader board for Strava this week? Apparently, Manatees rule the IM circuit too. HAHA

Huh. I haven't been paying much attention to that. I've been busy training

2017-08-24 10:48 AM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JBacarella Ann-Marie and Janyne have you seen that the three of us have been rotating in and out of the top 10 and top 20 on the IM Louisville leader board for Strava this week? Apparently, Manatees rule the IM circuit too. HAHA

Haha, I haven't been following that, but hope it is a good omen for the race!1 Manatees rule !

2017-08-24 10:55 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Pffft! I took a picture when I made it to the top of the Manatees board. It took a century ride to do it!

(IMG_6660.PNG)

Attachments
----------------
IMG_6660.PNG (179KB - 3 downloads)
2017-08-24 10:59 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, Colorado
Just came back from vacation. Almost a week in DC with my kids, and 10 days in Poland. We had plenty of fun, but now I came to realization I have Oly race this Sunday and how the two weeks affected my training... Ugh...

I was planning to do as much swimming in DC and running in Poland as possible. While I did swim a bit in DC (pool), and did 2 x 800 in the lake in Poland (felt great!), I only run once for 20 minutes. I tried to swim yesterday, but only made it to 500 m. Which is probably because I did climbing the day before, and my arms were barely moving. Mentally I was doing fine, my form was pretty steady too. I am planning to run a bit today, swim a bit tomorrow, completely rest on Saturday.

I know there is nothing more I can do right now, whatever I have trained for in the past months, that's what it is. I checked my calendar from last year and the swim training was as poor as this year, and i still made it with a smile on my face. Also, I happen to do much, much better in the lake than in the pool. So am trying to stay positive. As for the bike and run, I assume I know how to bike, and I know how to run. I am not expecting crazy record breaking, I will just listen to my body and push based on how I feel. I think as long as I have my mind in place and am mentally stable, I will do fine.

That's all for me. I hope everyone has had a fabulous week so far!
2017-08-24 11:12 AM
in reply to: #5226771

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Randee the 2017 guide is up.
2017-08-24 11:15 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Pffft! I took a picture when I made it to the top of the Manatees board. It took a century ride to do it!

Lol, that's great!

2017-08-24 11:16 AM
in reply to: marysia83

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by marysia83 Just came back from vacation. Almost a week in DC with my kids, and 10 days in Poland. We had plenty of fun, but now I came to realization I have Oly race this Sunday and how the two weeks affected my training... Ugh... I was planning to do as much swimming in DC and running in Poland as possible. While I did swim a bit in DC (pool), and did 2 x 800 in the lake in Poland (felt great!), I only run once for 20 minutes. I tried to swim yesterday, but only made it to 500 m. Which is probably because I did climbing the day before, and my arms were barely moving. Mentally I was doing fine, my form was pretty steady too. I am planning to run a bit today, swim a bit tomorrow, completely rest on Saturday. I know there is nothing more I can do right now, whatever I have trained for in the past months, that's what it is. I checked my calendar from last year and the swim training was as poor as this year, and i still made it with a smile on my face. Also, I happen to do much, much better in the lake than in the pool. So am trying to stay positive. As for the bike and run, I assume I know how to bike, and I know how to run. I am not expecting crazy record breaking, I will just listen to my body and push based on how I feel. I think as long as I have my mind in place and am mentally stable, I will do fine. That's all for me. I hope everyone has had a fabulous week so far!

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great vacation. You're right, there is nothing you can do now to train for Sunday's race, so just go out there and take what the day gives!

2017-08-24 11:30 AM

User image

Expert

Ouch some of that splashed in my eye and now it stings. haha
2017-08-24 12:21 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Raleigh, North Carolina
Originally posted by amd723

Lol, that's great!

And if you scroll all the way to the bottom of that list, you'll find me I've been getting some signs of tendonitis with strength training though, so I hope to pick up some running and biking soon.

Way to crush the IM Louisville leaderboard Manatees!
2017-08-24 3:33 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

Randee the 2017 guide is up.

Yeah and I see the whole section on registration for next year.....but I don't see a date?! Am I going insane? (don't answer that - it's rhetorical LOL)

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mayhem Part Deux - 2017 Edition Rss Feed  

of 44