Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 19

2007-11-11 8:57 PM
in reply to: #625443

Regular
Mechanicsburg, PA
Subject: RE: Artemis's Group - FULL
Hello all,

Wow has it been a long time since I last posted here. I even got out of the habit of tracking my workouts.

NEWS since August (maybe my last posting?)...

**Completed a total of 4 triathlons this year. All sprints. Did okay... not as great an improvement as I had wanted.

**Decided to concentrate and improve on my running. So I have dedicated time to running longer distances. Found a running partner and every weekend since I run about 10 miles. I have completed the Army Ten-Miler in October. Finished in 1:46 on an extremely hot day for racing. Ran the entire race though the low supply of drinks on the course did hurt.

I am pretty proud of the way I have become a runner. Matter of fact I have a couple of races coming up... the Philadelphia Half-Marathon and the Turkey Trot 10K. I can't believe it.

However, I am still not satisfied with my training. I am no longer satisfied for just completing a race. I would like to do better and so I am taking a good look at my training. Next year my goal is to complete 3 Olympic distances, 2 sprint distances, two half-marathons and a few 5K. My tri racing season will be from May through September. My running season will be from April through November.

I have not stopped racing or training. I did take a week off after the 10 miler. I may take some other time off, but training is a habit now. I do feel right taking too much time off.

Hope everyone is well. I do miss our conversations. How did everyone do this year???

2007-11-22 10:23 AM

User image

Science Nerd
Redwood City, California

Hi everyone!  Hope you all have great Thanksgivings. 

Erin, have a happy not Thanksgiving.   

2007-11-22 3:24 PM
in reply to: #1065131

User image

Veteran
Sask.

Artemis - 2007-11-22 9:23 AM
Hi everyone!  Hope you all have great Thanksgivings. 
Erin, have a happy not Thanksgiving.   

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, and thanks Jen, I'll have a happy Thursday. 

A bit of an update, I've been swimming with my local tri group M/W/F and have been seeing real improvements.  I'm 2 weeks into a 17 week bike training program, where we meet at a rec centre with our own bikes and trainers, and we've officially had snow up here for a week so I'm going to try and XC ski on a more regular basis. 

2007-12-15 8:17 AM

User image

Expert
Kansas City, MO
OK, so I just found a HIM very near my house (1 hour) that takes place in June, 2008.  It IS on a Sunday, which is unfortunate, but maybe my wife will let me skip church just this once...anyway, do you guys think I could be ready to complete a HIM in just 6 months, based on where I am now?  I plan to run a 1/2 mary the first Saturday in June anyway, so the run training won't be an issue.  I plan to get back in the pool in January, so swimming won't be a problem.  My concern is getting my bike portion up to speed in what little time I'll have outside on the roads, thanks to the weather/winter that usually last through March.  Can it be done?  Tell me straight, I can handle it. 
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Artemis's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 19