BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kelpeng's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2007-02-16 2:29 PM
in reply to: #693131

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Kelly. Have fun at your race on Sunday. I am looking forward to your race report. An indoor tri sounds like fun; even I would run on a treadmill if it were for a race!

I understand your being anxious about your daughter. Three and a half years will be here before you know it. It may sound sexist, but I always worried more about my daughter than my boys. BTW I think I missed my son more on Wednesday when I was shoveling the driveway

Everyone have a good weekend. I am working tomorrow, but 1 of my 2 assistants is going to Daytona, which actually means I'll do about half my usually work. I am looking forward to some fun training and good relaxation.

Anthony

2007-02-16 5:56 PM

ontario
Good luck in your race!

2007-02-17 8:41 AM
in reply to: #625452

Subject: RE: kelpeng's Group - FULL
Hey Kelly. Good luck on Sunday. I just found out that we have an indoor race coming up in April. I can't wait to try it. I know a couple of people that are participating in it so it should be a good time. I think they run it more like a sprint distance for time so it will be a good training for my upcoming races.

We are hoping for some warmer weather also. Probably not warm enough for me to run outside, I am a real baby when it comes to the cold. I leave a mile from the bay so it is real windy here. I appreciate the wind when the weather is hot but it takes your breath away in the cold months.

Well have a good time at your race. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
2007-02-17 6:25 PM

User image

antigo wisconsin
Hi kelly

Good luck at your race and have fun.

Terry
2007-02-19 8:43 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: The race went pretty well

Happy Monday to everyone!

Thanks for the encouragement on the race yesterday. It went pretty well overall. I covered slightly more distance is each of the three segments this year than I did last year, so that was good. I'm still such a slow runner, though. Ugh. There were 10 of us BT-ers in the race though, and that made it great fun. There were several cameras floating around, so I'm sure there will be photo evidence. (yay...)

I think our next racer is amschrod (Anthony), with his half marathon in a couple weeks. Woo hoo! Is anyone racing before then?

Edited by kelpeng 2007-02-19 8:43 AM
2007-02-20 8:28 AM
in reply to: #695303

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: The race went pretty well

Hi Kelly. I read all the race reports from your race on Sunday and it sounds like everyone had a great time. It must be fun doing a race with so many people you know. You are an incredible swimmer. Don't your legs get tired from all of those flip turns? From the way you described how you felt after the end, and from your pictures, it seems like you just got way overheated. Most of the race reports mentioned how hot it was. In the summertime running and biking outdoors I like it when it's really hot, but inside when there is no air circulation, it's so much harder to keep cool.

Well, obviously you had a good weekend. I also had a good weekend training wise, and feel totally confident for my half mary in 2 weeks. I hope everyone else had a good weekend, too. 

Anthony

2007-02-20 9:24 AM
in reply to: #696613

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: The race went pretty well

Thanks Anthony! My legs weren't bad after the swim, surprisingly. And yes, it was terribly hard to stay cool in there. I tend to overheat very easily anyway, so put me in a room with little ventilation and it's just asking for trouble. The kicker is that both ends of the bike aread had doors leading to the outside that sure could have been opened to let some air in! The treadmill room was the worst though; no doors and only a couple of fans (and *really* out there bad techno music).

I just looked at your training log and you are most definitely ready for your half marathon! I hope you have a great time!

2007-02-20 9:25 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: Great job Robin!

Our dear Robin did the Dasani half marathon last weekend and had a great race! Check out her race report!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=66841

Edited by kelpeng 2007-02-20 9:26 AM
2007-02-23 12:28 PM
in reply to: #696701

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Great job Robin!

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a good week, and are looking forward to a good weekend.

Thanks for the good words, Kelly. I feel totally ready for the half marathon, and I can't wait until the big day. I sort of have a race this weekend; the last of my local runner's club 4 Winter Series 5K's. I've run 2, and they determine the final standings by best 3 out of 4, so if I don't run, I will be last in my age group as opposed to like second or third to last Plus, this week they give out the t-shirt.

kelpeng - 2007-02-20 10:25 AM

Our dear Robin did the Dasani half marathon last weekend and had a great race! Check out her race report!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=66841

Robin's RR is a definite must read. It's funny, entertaining, and inspirational.

Anthony

2007-02-23 2:02 PM
in reply to: #700833

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Great job Robin!
Well, then, if they're handing out the shirts, you must run it! Have fun and I hope it goes well!
2007-02-23 2:13 PM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: Snow!

Snow--we're supposed to get a bunch of it tonight and tomorrow! That's going to put a cramp in my plan to run outside tomorrow. If it's not too cold, maybe I'll put on the yax trax and give it a whirl!

My younger daughter has a kids tri tomorrow too, so that should be run. She's excited about it. I'll post some pics next week.

Have a great weekend!

2007-02-23 7:34 PM

User image

antigo wisconsin
Hello all

Hope we all have a good weekend and train well. I did a swim workout today getting better, the scary part is that I sort of feel more relaxed in the water in some time

Terry
2007-02-27 10:48 AM
in reply to: #701521

User image

Expert

Hi everyone. I hope everyone had a fun weekend and is feeling good. I really can't wait for the warmer weather so I can start putting in more miles on the bike.

Kelly, that kid's tri looked like a lot of fun, and your daughter sure looks good in the water. Congratulations to her, she did really well, and you should be very proud.

About my 5K series; they didn't give the complete breakdown, but I was ahead of at least 2 guys in my age group. The overall winner was in the 40-49 age group and his total for 3 5K's was 49:09 for an average of 16:23. Man he is fast! He most likely will win the half mary next week at around an hour and 15 minutes. Somehow, men 40-49 is pretty competitive, and I don't think it will get any easier when I hit 50 next year.

BTW, I promise a more detailed and hopefully more interesting RR next week

Hey Terry, that's good you are feeling relaxed in the water. Relaxed means smooth which means faster with less effort.

Anthony

2007-02-28 7:02 PM

User image

antigo wisconsin
Hello all

Ihad a GREAT day at the pool 200 meters front crawl with pull bouy and 75 meters front crawl with out small victory for me.I also did a runervals 35 mim of interval training that was sort of fun, I guess I like some kind of structured workout.

I also wanted to say to are little group that I was wondering if anyone besides my discovered tri podcasting.

Terry
2007-03-02 8:25 AM
in reply to: #706938

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member

Hey there, Terry,

Great job on the swim!! I'm just like that with running--it's the milestones along the way that keep me going! I should really try runervals. I have a spinervals dvd and it really helps the time pass on the bike trainer, so maybe runervals would do that same on the treadmill.

I haven't tried tri podcasting... what do you listen to?

2007-03-02 8:30 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: I'm outta here for a few days!

Happy Friday everyone!

We're totally snowed in around here, but at least I was able to make it to work today. (Yippee, lucky me...) And hopefully I'll be able to fly out tomorrow as scheduled for a conference for work. I'm going to San Diego so although it's not blazing hot, it'll sure be a lot nicer than good 'ol Minnesota!

I'm actually out of town tonight too for a swim meet for my daughter, so I'll be away from home from tonight until very very late on Wed. I don't know exactly when I'll get to check in next. I'm guessing sometime Sunday after we get through our conference orientation and such.

Have a great weekend and HAPPY RUNNING THOUGHTS for Anthony (amschrod) who is running his half marathon this weekend!

2007-03-02 5:13 PM
in reply to: #708695

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: I'm outta here for a few days!

Hi everyone.

Nice job on the swim workout, Terry. It's really quite a feeling when you've had a great workout. What is a tri podcast? I don't have an I-Pod or even an MP3 player so I'm not real familiar with podcasts.

Thanks for the "happy running thoughts" Kelly. Going to San Diego in the middle of Minnesota winter sounds pretty good. It would be very cool if you could bring your bike. Good luck to daughter with her swim meet.

Everyone have a good weekend

Anthony

2007-03-02 5:41 PM

Hi everyone. Just wanted to wish Anthony good luck in his half marathon. I can't get myself past four miles anymore.

Keep Training!

Lea
2007-03-04 2:14 PM
in reply to: #709682

User image

Expert

Hey everyone!

I got back from the half a couple of hours ago, and I just wanted to say thank you for the good thoughts and good wishes. It really helped me. I was especially thinking about you around mile 10 when there was about a hundred foot climb in three quarters of a mile. You really helped push me up that hill. The final time on my watch was 2:08:41 and I think the official clock was 2:08:50, so I easily beat my goal of 2:15.

I will post my race report when the official results are available.

Thanks again!

Anthony

Edited by amschrod 2007-03-04 2:14 PM
2007-03-12 8:58 AM
in reply to: #710829

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Congratulations again!!
2007-03-12 9:04 AM

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: The MIA mentor is back!

Hi there everyone!

Hope you all had a good weekend! It was unseasonably warm here in MN, so I actually ran and rode outside for change! I know some of you are tough (terry!) and ride outside in the cold all the time, but I'm moderately wimpy on the bike.

I have been so MIA lately--sorry! But my daughter's swim season is over now so I'll have more time for the next month or two...at least until the spring/summer seasons gets going. Whatever will I do with all my time?? Oh yeah--train! My training has taken a hit the last few weeks with the travelling I've been doing, so I need to get back on track. This is the week that my training plan changes from "winter maintenance" to "intermediate sprint." I think that some of my planned duration times actually go down a bit because of this switch--less base building and more actual speed work and such.

Anyone racing this week? I have a 5k on Sunday that is always a fun race. It's almost totally flat too--my kind or course!

2007-03-15 11:28 AM
in reply to: #719619

User image

Expert

Hello everyone. How are you all?

Kelly, looks like your 5K on Sunday will be lots of fun. St. Patrick's Day, 5 BTer's, flat, and a local race. Don't forget to warm up really well. There's a "Shamrock Scramble" near me, but I don't think I'll do it because it doesn't really fit in with my schedule, although I checked a map and it's about 18 miles from my house, so I was thinking I could ride there maybe...

Anyone else racing soon? I was thinking about a duathlon in Central Park in Manhattan on 4/1, but it filled up before I could register.

kelpeng - 2007-03-12 9:58 AM Congratulations again!!

Thank you so much!! I am really psyched about that race because it went so well, plus I didn't have any of that let down that you can sometimes get after a big race. My training would be better except for the change in daylight saving time messing up my mornings because it's dark again. The weather is also a little freaky; mid 70's yesterday and now we're supposed to have snow on Friday and Saturday. That's OK though, because Spring has got to get here someday

Anthony

2007-03-15 7:55 PM

User image

antigo wisconsin
Hello all!

I had a great swim today I swam 100 meter for the first time ever not just once but 3 times
then had a good run, on the treadmill though. I hope that my siwm continues to get better because 100 meter is a long way from 400 meter. The good news is that I lost like 10# that will help with the wetsuit haha.

talk later!
Terry
2007-03-15 8:17 PM
in reply to: #724762

Nice job on the swim and the 10 lbs!! I wish I could take off some pounds. I did good for a while and now I am at a stand still.

Going to South Carolina this weekend. They said they have a 50,000 square foot gym there so I am hoping to make it there and get some swimming in. Hopefully the weather will be a little nicer there than in NJ so I can get some outdoor runs in! 75 degrees today and 30 degrees tomorrow..... CRAZY!!!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Lea
2007-03-16 7:38 AM
in reply to: #724762

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member

Congratulations on the swim, Terry! Just focus on adding one length at a time! You'll get there!

I'm very jealous on the 10 pound loss! Of course, eating bar nachos and skipping workouts (me, last night) doesn't help much, does it?? Doh!

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kelpeng's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 8