BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kelpeng's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2007-05-18 3:42 PM
in reply to: #807118

Subject: RE: Dinner ideas?
I found this great Weight Watchers magazine back in Feb called "five ingredient 15 minute cookbook". It's great. Real easy shortcuts from breakfast to dinner and desserts. My favorite recipe so far is the chicken marsala and it's only 238 calories, 5.1g fat, and 5.2g carbs. My family eats it either over rice or pasta but I like to make a big mixed salad if I am trying to cut back. I have an e-mail address or I can forward you some of the recipes. Their e-mail is [email protected].

I also love the crock pot. You don't need to add any oil or butter and you can leave it all day to cook. Chicken Caccitore comes out good. I just chop a little onion and put that in first. Add a few skinless chicken breats ( I use boneless), 2-6oz cans tomato past, 1-4oz can mushrooms, a little salt and pepper, couple of cloves of garlic, some italian spices and about a 1/2 to a cup of white wine. I let it cook on low for about 8 hours. Then put it over some whole wheat pasta. No more than a cup of pasta if you are cutting back carbs.

Let me know if you want any of the WW recipes. They have seafood, breads, pizza, salads, soups, side dishes, appetizers, snacks and desserts.

2007-05-21 7:03 AM
in reply to: #807118

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Dinner ideas?

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all doing well. I have been busy lately, but my training has been good.

kelpeng - 2007-05-18 3:23 PM

I need some ideas for fast, healthy dinners that are higher in protein than fat or carbs.

How about a leaner cut of beef like sirloin or flank steak. I like to  use a marinade made with red wine, soy sauce, garlic powder, a little  mustard and a little ginger. Marinate it in the morning, grill it that night, and slice it really thin at an angle.  Very tasty, and you can have it with a big serving of your favorite green vegetable, and a big  salad.   Also   good leftover for lunch the next day cold with some salad. 

Take care everyone.

Anthony

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » kelpeng's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 8