BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leah's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 4

2007-02-05 9:16 AM
in reply to: #674662

Subject: RE: Leah's Group - FULL
HI All

Leah thanks for the water running tips! I will remember that. I feel like to get the heart rate up is hard.

All sorry I have not been on the last few days. I have had a very hectic schedule. I have hardly had time to think. I am now in Wisconsin at my folks house and Pattie if you are in MN you know what I am talking about when I tell it is too cold to do anything! It is so very cold!

Is everyone doing OK? Hope you are all being a bit better at the exercise than me the last few days!

Cheers!
Anita

2007-02-06 8:33 AM
in reply to: #629744

User image

Regular
Lubbock, TX

Hey everyone,

I know that I haven't been on in a while but I have been trying to keep up with all of you on your blogs. I am having my gall bladder removed today so I will be out for a couple of days, but as soon as I can I will check back. I plan on bveing back to the workout schedule as soon as I can.

Wes

2007-02-06 10:46 AM
in reply to: #680759

Wow Wes!

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Our prayers will be with you. Best of luck with the operation!
Anita
2007-02-06 11:50 AM

User image

Expert
Dodge County, MN (out in the corn)
Wes! So today's the day! Good luck. I'll say a prayer and throw a rock (or snowball) for you. Take care!

Pattie
2007-02-08 9:04 AM

User image

Expert
North Central WV

Hi All,

Wes, I hope the op went well and you are home recovering comfortably.

Pattie - my A race is also May 30.  I don't really have much planned for before then, but I will try to run a couple of local running races.  I am just now adding some speed work into my running, just getting back in the pool and I am trying to work consistently hard on the bike.  Although it never quite works out this way, I am aiming for 3-4 rides a week (all hard except for one easy ride) with most of them followed by a short (15 min) transistion run, 3-4 runs a week including 1 long run and 1 run with speed work and one run off the bike (this will follow my easier bike workout but doesn't count the 15 min transition runs).  All of my runs contain strides.  Two swims a week.  But I should add that swimming is fairly effortless for me.  I am trying to do structured swim workouts now rather than just swimming endless laps.  Now my goals may differ considerably from yours.  My A-race is a big race and I want to be competative so I have to step up to a higher level of training.  I will take a look at your logs when I get a chance and see if I can make any helpful suggestions.

Happy training everyone,

Leah 

2007-02-21 7:18 PM

User image

Expert
(bump) Hi everyone! How's life and training going? I'm officially off running for another 3-4 weeks and then the doc says we can re-negotiate. I've come to terms with it though. Lots of bike and swim, a little elliptical. I'm only doing sprints, so I'm sure I can get my run in gear by my first race on May 20.

Check in, ya'll!

Pattie

2007-02-25 10:30 AM
in reply to: #698683

Hi Pattie and Everyone!

Pattie great to hear your training is going so well.

I was going to tell everyone about the neatest gadget I got at a club here the other day. I got a Bodybugg. I am not sure if anyone else has one but it sure makes you realize how much your burn or do not burn and how much you eat!

How is the training going? I have recovered (pretty much from a lousey cold). Leah hope you and your kids are also feeling better. Hope everyone else is also feeling better.

I am in Wisconsin and we just got dumped with another 10" of snow. I am looking forward to the warmth of Asia!

Cheers!
Anita

2007-03-01 11:10 AM

User image

Regular
Lubbock, TX

Hey Everyone,

Well, I am back and trying to get back in the swing of things. I do have a question for the group. I am not back to full speed, but there is a sprint tri on St. Patty's day that I am thinking of competing in. Do you guys think that it is to soon to try that, or should I just give it a try?

Thanks,

Wes 

2007-03-02 10:18 AM
in reply to: #707726

User image

Expert
Glad you're back, Wes! Two weeks until St. Paddy's day... Hmm, that's not much time, but it looks like you are making great progress. Maybe see how the bike goes this week and then decide. I think you're fine on the swim and probably on the run. Keep up the good work!

P.
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Leah's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 4