BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Bonnie Crawford's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2007-09-08 10:51 AM
in reply to: #633548

User image

Subject: RE: Bonnie Crawford's Group - FULL
Way to go, Nate! A goal makes all the difference in training!

Sarah, I also made a contribution. Hope it helps. Safe travel and safe running! BTW, I like your mantra of "I'm becoming a better runner." I think I'll borrow that when I run...maybe it'll help be get over my dislike of it!

Julie

2007-09-08 3:42 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Gooooo Sarah! Hoping we all were able to help you get to Maui a little more comfortably Have fun and think about all the amazing progress you made this year.

It's been a pleasure watching you all improve and challenge yourself and then meet your various goals.

Nate - 11 minute miles? WOW you will be a speed demon!

Julie - Have you tried the run/walk thing on your runs? I'm doing 4 min run and 1 min walk and it works great.

Carol - Congrats on your awesome tri - you are a rockstar for finishing in such tough conditions.

I'm happy to report I got on my bike today after nearly 2.5 months. Weird......I've ridden my road bike a few times to work but have mostly been running since IM. It was great to ride in the sun
2007-09-08 4:22 PM

User image

Veteran
Julie and Bonnie THANK YOU big for donating to LLS.

Your support throughout this year has been huge and Bonnie, yes, thinking of where I started, the progress is amazing.

I've been wondering what happens after IM? Did you take a big break, continue crazy workouts, eat a pint of ice cream? How are you maintaining fitness and weight?

Sarah
2007-09-13 12:18 AM

Giving it another TRI...

Hello, everyone, remember me? I was last here about, um, 7 months ago... WOW, I have missed some incredible accomplishments and wonderful stories from everyone! Congrats on the amazing races - reading and catching up has been so inspirational. I have no good excuses for why I disappeared after what was for me a great start, but I've decided to try again, and this time succeed! I finished school (and have my degree ready to be plastered on the wall) and have decided to put my time to better use improving and enjoying myself, rather than eating and feeling down. I know that the posting is rather sporadic now, but I wanted to let you all know just how amazing I think you are, and how grateful I am to have you to look up to!

Rachel
2007-09-13 8:43 PM

New user
Renton, WA
Good to see you back Rachel, and welcome to a new beginning. You will accomplish your goals and have fun getting there.

Carol
2007-10-05 9:16 PM

User image

New user
still working on training for my 5k on November 3rd. I did a run/walk tonight - 3.2 miles in 39:07 down 11 seconds from Wednesday's run/walk

2007-10-05 9:21 PM

User image

New user
still working on training for my 5k on November 3rd. I did a run/walk tonight - 3.2 miles in 39:07 down 11 seconds from Wednesday's run/walk

2007-10-06 12:41 PM

User image

Veteran
WAY TO GO NATE! Hopefully by Nov. 3rd. you won't get to hot while you're running. Only 4 weeks until race time. Good luck!
Sarah
2007-10-08 6:39 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
SARAH!!!!! Where's the race report girl! I've been checking in on your logs and can't find it. How'd it go? High points, low points?

As for what I'm doing right now.....maintenance. I'm just working out for fun, running, starting to do some strength training but nothing structured and no races coming up. I have tons of vacations in the next 3 months so I am trying to get back to my pre-IM weight (I'm up about 6lbs from race day) and then in January I'll decide what I'm interested in doing next. I'll probably do a lot of the Ironman type training and do some local races so I keep costs low this year

Welcome back Rachel!!!!! How are things for you?

GOOOOOOO NATE!
2007-10-08 10:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Wow - I have not even thought about doing a race report. The race went very well. Running with Team in Training was like having 230 personal cheerleaders all along the race route. I came home one day early because of various nagging feelings that I needed to do so.

The next day my step-daughter and her husband were in a head-on collision when a car on the other side of the interstate lost control bc of a blow-out. The three men in the car died. My family was broken up, bruised and very blessed to be alive. After a short hospital stay they came to my house for my excellent nursing care. Ha. After 2 weeks they graduated from needing hourly care to daily check ups, so 2 days ago so I sent them home! They will be back for more of my punishment after a surgery on Wednesday.

I am frantically trying to catch up on the big stuff during my short break.

Thank you for reminding me. I will post a 'hey check it out' when I get it done.

Pray for my family.

Sarah
2007-10-09 5:02 PM

New user
Renton, WA
Sarah, I am so sorry to hear about your family being in an accident and happy that they are on the mend.

I am also just doing maintenance, have upped my swimming to 1100 yds and have added some strength training. Just don't want to fall out of shape over the holidays.

Carol

2007-10-09 5:58 PM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Wow HUGS to you and your family Sarah!!!!! Take care
2007-10-22 4:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Thank you all for your prayers and well-wishes. My step-daughter and son-in-law are doing well although they are still limited. The surgery to rebuild his foot went well. He will be off work several more months though.

The race report is in. Check it out!

I'm glad to hear you are maintaining and Nate - getting race ready. It is a big encouragement to me to see your dedication. Thank you for sharing a small part with me.

Today was day #1 of my off season training. I started with a 12 minute swim and a 10 minute run! It was a great place to start after eating all of the wonderful casseroles our church friends brought over after the car accident. I've also recommitted to Weight Watchers and I'm feeling good about that. Someone on the WW web site wrote about will power vs. habit. I don't need will power to control my eating. I need new habits. The 0 pt. veggie soup I made today is delicious!

Goal for 2008 - HIM in the OKC Redman Triathlon in Sept. and as many races as I can do leading up to that.

Blessings,
Sarah
2007-11-03 11:03 AM

User image

New user
I am officially a runner. I hate it, it sucks, but I'm a runner. I finished my first 5k race today. My time was 36:55 not quite the 11 minute mile I wanted, but under 12, which is a good benchmark.

It was a fun race. My buddy Brian ran it with me, although much much faster.

My favorite part was as I was kicking it into high gear at the finish, I had my wife and daughter there cheering me on. It was great hearing "go daddy go!"
2007-11-06 11:24 AM

User image

Veteran
Yippee Nate!!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of you. Awesome time. Awesome race.

I understand all of the 'hate it' sentiment, but don't you also feel a huge sense of accomplishment? You have made huge advancements since January. Your blog is a great record of that.

I am with you on the struggles with weight and another re-commitment. Continuing to lose seems to require constant tweaking of strategy.

Unless we continue to move forward, we will begin to slip back.

Sarah
2007-11-06 1:13 PM
in reply to: #1040140

User image

Leesburg,
Hi, all, a voice from the past. I ended up taking the entire season off last season with my shoulder issues. THANKFULLY, I found an orthopod at the Cleveland Clinic who is working with me with some success.

So I'm back. I see everyone is doing GREAT ... Bonnie I've been reading about you in USA Today & Slowtwitch. My hero! and Nate ... 11 minute miles?? Whoa!!

I'm doing the disney half marathon in January, then training for St. Anthony's in April with an eye toward Cancun IM 70.3 in September.

Nice to read everyone's adventures this past season ~~
Kate

2007-11-08 11:44 AM

User image

Expert
Portland, OR
Welcome back Kate!!!! Glad to hear you have some new goals to keep you moving forward. I'm working on some for 2008 myself

Nate - WOO HOO!!!!!! Dude you are smoking That is an amazing time for a 1st 5k. Great job and definitely reflect on how far you've come.

How's everyone else doing?

Can you believe it's almost been a year since we started our little group? Before you know it groups will be forming for the Jan 2008 Mentor program.

It's been such an amazing honor to watch you all grow, change and meet your goals this year.

Congrats to everyone and I hope you all have a great holiday season!
2007-12-30 4:53 PM

User image

Happy New Year! Here's to a prosperous, healthy and record breaking 2008!

Julie
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Bonnie Crawford's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 11