BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Alta's Group - FULL Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 11

2007-01-02 1:39 PM

Subject: Alta's Group - FULL
Name: Alta1110

Story: I have 15 years coaching experience and the opportunity to help others grow, develop and excel is truly amazing. I am very interested to work with triathlon mentees to help them achieve and exceed their goals. My coaching & mentoring philosophy is based on trust, continuous communication, a flexible approach, focused planning, share of mind, confidence in others, structure, consistency, clarity, openness, responsibilty, and solid triathlon knowledge & skills. This philosophy is critical for success and I will work extremely hard to earn the trust and respect of those who work with me. I am a certified personal trainer with two nationally recoginized CPT organizations. I hold a certification in career success coaching. I am extremely responsive and full of energy.

Family Status: Married with no children.

Current Training: I train every day and work closely with a coach and friends. I swim 3-4 times per week with Masters, bike 4 times per week, run 5-6 times per week & strength train 3 times per week.

Last Year's Races: Seven Sprint tri's & Two Xterras (podium winner at each race) Three 1/2 IM's including 70.3 World Championship and One Iron Distance race (2nd overall winner.) Boston Marathon, time 3:16, and Four 6-12 hour adventure races.

2007 Races: California 70.3, Eagleman 70.3, IM Lake Placid, IM Louisville, plus other Xterra, Sprint & Olympic distance races. I plan to do 10-12 races in 2007.

Weightloss: I have held regular weight, but do understand and appreciate the complexity of weight management and body composition for triathlon and endurance athletes.

2007-01-05 3:00 PM
in reply to: #639509

User image

Overland park/ KC area
Subject: RE: Alta's Group - OPEN
I saw the post about mentoring program and I liked your profile. I am a newbie and would love to learn about the sport, training and all the things that I don't even know yet what to ask about. I only have the free membership so I don't know if I need to have an upgraded one or what, but I am exteremly willing and I hope you have a spot open for me.

Thanks!

Let me know what kind of questions or background info that you need on me.
2007-01-05 4:21 PM

Hello, I just joined and really need a mentor to get kicked off in the right direction with this training - your training based on honestly and communication is something I relate to.

I'm 36, about 210lbs (only 5ft 6") and fairly unfit at the moment - I played semi-pro soccer up to about 5 years ago and have really not done much exercise since and managed to pick up bad eating habits hence the 210 lb frame ! ! !

At the moment I can job about 30 mins (very slow pace) and cycle 30k at about 20k an hour pace ..... I got myself a new bike to help encourage myself. I am not a strong swimmer although was in my teens.

I really need help putting together a plan which is controlled - normally when I start to exercise I go all in at once and whack myself out within 3 weeks !!! Any diet tips are more than welcome as I'm not sure how to diet for weight loss but eat right for training !

look forward to hearing from you and have started to put up my training on my log ...

Thanks
Matty
2007-01-06 5:33 PM

New user

Long Beach, CA
I am new to this website and would appreciate your consideration to become my mentor as I begin this sport. At some point I would like to be competitive, but for now I plan to be a good student and learn from those around me. A little more about me (based on your profile):

Story: I am 29 years old and have been a semi-competitive athlete for most of my life. I played basketball and ran track in HS, and kept up both intermittently. I have many 5 and 10K's, 1 full marathon, and 5 half marathons with a very disorganized training regiment in the last 3 years and always felt I could dramatically improve my times with the correct program (and motivation, of course). Last March I suffered a severed ankle injury that required surgery and have done little physically up until now. I have no competitive swimming or cycling experience, although recently I was given a fairly new Cannondale bike that I'm beginning to ride. I'll be training in the Long Beach area (Southern California) and have daily access to a 25m pool and a local cycling club.

Current training: I have finished physical therapy and have begun running again. I'm working on getting back in shape and am doing a spin class twice per week.

Last Year's Races: None

This Year's Races: A couple early 5 and 10K's, the Playa del Run series (1000m swim x 5K run), and 2-3 sprints beginning in the summer. I also plan to run a 1/2 Marathon in September.

Weight loss: I am 6'6" and 225 lbs. While inactive, I gained 10 belly pounds that are slowly going away upon resuming normal activity. My goal is to utilize a successful diet where I can focus on cardiovascular exercises and weights where I can also add 10-15 lbs of muscle mass. As a personal trainer and an accomplished triathlete, I am hoping you can help with both.

As a member of the group, I pledge to reflect on my own successes and failures so that we can all benefit.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Jeff
2007-01-07 1:12 PM

User image

Andrews AFB
Name: Adawn412/Angela

Story: I was very active growing up, competitively involved in gymnastics, cheerleading, and volleyball amongst other recreational pursuits. However as I've gotten older I've gotten busy with work and other things and have continuously put on weight over the past ten years and now find it almost impossible to do any of those things that I used to enjoy. I am from Texas but am currently living in London, teaching science and math (they call it maths here though--weird).

Family Status: Single

Current Training: I started some random workouts in November/December but not with any consistency due to prior committments. However, I am starting the Beginning Exercise Program from this site as of tomorrow and then on March 1 plan to start the 12 week Couch-to-Sprint training plan after building up some basic fitness and endurance as a foundation.

Last Year's Races: none

2007 Races: I would like to find a 5K to run in late Feb/early March and possibly a 10K in late April. I have registsered for the Blenheim 2007 Sprint Tri that is June 2,3rd. I would also like to find another sprint tri to run in the fall.

Weightloss: This is my major priority right now. I am 5'0" and currently weigh 248 lbs. The only positive light here is that there is that I still do have quite a bit of muscle mass underneath but I know that it's going to be a very difficult and long road. I'm looking for a fast fix here, I'm finally ready to make the changes I need to. I take inspiration from the stories that I read on here and have started a blog to keep myself accountable to my friends and family. I am especially looking forward to the support here as well!!

So bottom line, even though I'm a bit scared silly here...mostly I'm just crazy EXCITED!
2007-01-07 1:15 PM

User image

Andrews AFB
um...HUGE mistake...just re-read...to clarify...I am NOT looking for a fast fix here...lol...I know this is going to be a lifelong change...and to make my goal weight I know that I'm looking at years not months...just wanted to clear that up

2007-01-07 7:12 PM

User image

Regular
Chester, NY

Hey, my name is jlorusso (Julie) from NY.  This will be my second season of Tri's, having completed my first (Danskin) this past September.  I totally got bitten by the tri bug, but could always use more help and inspiration.  I am planning on joining a tri group this year and attending a tri camp in July.  I have six tri's in the plan for next year.  Hopefully work won't confict with any of them, being that four are on Wed. evenings.

Family Status: Married with 2 boys Luke (4 1/2) and Liam (2 1/2)

Current training: since running is my weakest discipline, I have taken the winter to bone up on it.  I am running three times a week, biking or spinning two and swimming one. 

Last years race: My first tri ever.  Danskin New York Metro 9/17/06 placed 490 out of 1280 overall and 107 out of 214 in my age group.

This year's races: six planned (all listed in my log), all sprints with hope to do an Oly in 2008. 

Weightloss: I don't really train to lose weight (of course, being a woman, I feel that I could always lose some).  I just like to look and feel fit. 

2007-01-07 7:12 PM

Hey to everyone who responded to my mentor profile. I sent you all private messages to say Hello and to see if you'd like to get going with more specific planning. You guys have great 2007 goals! I'm really pumped up about 2007 and have been training consistently here in New Jersey. I've been building my aero base and technical skills in Nov and Dec and now it's time for me to get serious for a half-iron distance tri in March and the Boston Marathon in April. So athletes, let's team up & get the real momentum going...let's talk. I'm here for any and all questions & info.

For those still searching for a mentor, if you'd like to talk about your 2007 goals, please let me know! If you want to talk more privately via email, please send me a quick message indicating so and I will contact you.

2007-01-07 9:51 PM

New user

Name: Bryan

Story: I'm a 45 y.o. man, married with 3 kids. I have been a runner for about 4 years. My last race was a 10k in September (43:07). I have several 1/2 marathons, 10k, and 5k under my belt. I've been interested in doing tris for a couple of years and have decided that 2007 is the year. I started biking and swimming a bit this last summer. The biking is coming along fairly well, but I'm still struggling with the swimming...and I don't have a good sense of how to mix the training.

I like the idea of having a mentor and a group to compare notes with. I think that this will help inspire me and keep me accountable.

I'm not sure what you're looking for, but let me know if I qualify.

My specific goal is to compete in an Olympic Tri in September of this year.

Thanks.
2007-01-08 8:16 AM

User image

Veteran
Allen, TX
I would love to join this group! Loved your profile and philosophy!!

I too am training for my first sprint. I love to bike and swim...absolutely hate to run. (Hoping to get over that very quickly!!)

I am 34 years old. Married with 2 kids. I have about 20 lbs to lose, but that is not the driving reason for starting to train. I feel like I need a challenge in my life that is just for me. Just finished my first week of training and am feeling great.

Obviously, being new to the sport, I don't even know what I don't know. The more I read, the more I wonder what I've gotten myself into, and I realize there is a lot of info out there I need to learn about. Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who has ever done a triathlon, or even someone new who would like to train with me, so I'm here for guidance.

I'm looking forward to being part of the group.

Kristen
2007-01-08 10:03 AM

Hello!

I would love to join your group. I am 51 years old and, baring any unforeseen catastrophes, will participate in my first sprint this coming May.

I've been exercising regularly for the past 10 years and fell in love with recreational cycling a couple of years ago. I've been an off and on jogger for awhile as well, but am trying to improve times and distances in both disciplines. I still have to figure out how to add swimming into the mix.

At any rate, I could certainly use some guidance in meeting this and other auxilliary goals. I look forward to working with you and the other folks in this group.

Thanks!

Laura

2007-01-08 12:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Can I join in? Heres my story.

Ive been lurking around here for a while, and have wanted to do a triathlon for quite some time but the swimming has always held me back. I will swim a few times and give up since the endurance is slow to come.

Male age 41, married, 2 kids. Five nine 175. I live in Chicago. Quit drinking and smoking about five years ago and at the same time started running. Ran 2 marathons in 2003, still do a bunch of 5ks and 8ks, just for fun, usually with my kids. I try to run 3x/wk--10--12 mi totals. I started riding about 3 yrs ago and have averaged around 2.5k mi/year, mostly in small group rides--50 miles, 19 avg. Have done a couple centuries and more than a few long 80 mile or so rides with the group. I try to stretch and do crunches at least 5x week.

I want to add swimming in there, CONSISTENTLY, maybe 2x, 3x week at lunchtime--there is a club near the office. I know the basics, but have zero endurance. I can probably only do 150yds w/o stopping, and would like to build that to 1650+. I dont even know if that is possible or reasonable. I need to develop a plan of attack.

For 2007 my goals are more cycling oriented but since I want to incorporate swimming into my routine, I figure I may as well shoot for the Chicago triathlon, or some other late summer olympic distance event. If I register and commit to it here, well I may stick with swimming and actually do it. Outside that, I have 2 or 3 centuries penciled in and the main event is Ride Across Indiana in July--160 miles in one day. I figure I may also do a few 5 and 8k races since theres one just about every week around here.

Near term, I want add swimming, workout consistently and stick to my routines. Also I want to lose about 15 pounds, and I feel that adding swimming (and eating better) could help do that.

I view this group/forum as a chance to interact with others to share info and to refine my training plan(s) and diet. Motivation-wise, we can all work together and get where we want to go.
2007-01-08 10:19 PM

I would love to have a mentor. This is tough stuff! I was active and competitive all my life until I hit 45, then I don't know what happened. I just stopped exercising. I'm 55, married, 2 grown up kids - waiting for grandchildren. I did a sprint triathlon last September in Tempe, AZ and had a blast! Came first in my age division, which wasn't hard because I was the only one. In the fall I did a couple of 5K's, which were also fun. So, I'm hooked and want to improve. I loved the overall used up feeling at the end, which is quite unlike the abused feeling my legs would sometimes have at the end of a marathon. Cycling is my strongest and swimming my weakest, also the sport I know the least about technically.
2007-01-09 12:18 AM

Regular
Hello Alta my name is Greg from Australia and although i am not a new triathlete, I probarbly still have many questions, reservations and fears as most newbies. I am a 37 year old male married with 2 boys 7 & 9 who are about to complete there first ever triathlon this weekend at our club meet and a new baby due in July. I have done all distances bar an ironman which I have planned for 2008, depending on how my training goes.

I dont train every day but have intention to, my last Half IM here i did in 5 hours 12 minutes with a 5 minute time penality and in 45 degree heat well above 95 in USA terms so I was happy with that. My training is swim twice a week before work between 2-2.5 klm's, run twice a week in my lunch time around 10-15 klm's and bike once a week on the weekend between 60 -110 klm's. I am still learning very much about nutrition, hydration, differnt foods and whats good and bad behind it all.

I like the fact that you have acheived a great deal with your triathlon and hopefully that will spill over to not only me but all the other BT'S who are tuning into your program.

Cheers

Greg
2007-01-09 3:59 PM

User image

I'm Dani, 26 years old and a beginner triathlete, and would like to be a member of this group.

History:
Last year I ran in my first sprint tri and after just one race I fell in love with the sport and have just begun training for the ’07 season. I have 5 races planned this year; the first and last are Olympics and the 3 middle ones are Sprints.

I consider myself physically fit; I have consistently worked out and been active for about 7 years. Although I stopped “training” after May 06 I have since been biking, running, lifting, yoga, softball, tennis, horseback riding - you name it - at least 4 times a week.

Current Training:
I am using the 2x 16 Week Olympic training plan offered here on this site – which I have modified a bit – changing the order of the workouts and adding in Yoga 3 times a week. This is my second week in and so far I am so happy to be back on a schedule with a goal in sight, which is my first Olympic race on May 6th.

Goals:
For the first race I would just like to finish. I am a little apprehensive about my first Olympic distance and just am excited to see to what lengths I can push myself. After that I would like to work on improving my Sprint performance.

Weight loss:
I also would like to lose the 10 pounds I have mysteriously put on in the past 10 months. I say mysteriously because this has by far been the healthiest and most active year in my life…and yet I have put on 10 pounds. Either way they need to go and that is definitely my main concern.

I look forward to hearing from you and good luck to everyone!!!!
2007-01-09 7:50 PM

User image

Grafton, WI
Hi Alta! I'd love to join your group. It seems like this group has a lot to offer with similar goals.

Name: Kersten

Story: 30 year old, High school Physical/Health Education Teacher. Very into the fitness thing, I think sometimes my kids think I'm a wack job. I got into the triathlons last year after settting a New Years Resolution. I'm an athlete, played college basketball, but am trying to turn myself into a runner to become better in my triathlons. Very, very competitive...it makes me sick some time! I'm finishing up with Grad school this spring on top of teaching and training. My husband is a supporter in my activities, but only runs at most 3 miles. I'm gung ho about this training right now. Try baby Tri!!

Family: Married a year and a half. No kids until I finish this 1/2 IM!

Current Training: Lifing 1 time a week (I know pathetic!) and running 4-5 times. Working on my running right now. Yoga one time a week. I will start spinninng and swimming after this week recovery.

2006: Indoor short course West Bend Y, High Cliff Sprint Tri, Danskin Chicagoland Tri, Ripon Olympic Distance Tri

2007: Phoenix 1/2 Marathon (this weekend!), Badgerland Striders 1/2 Marathon, Green Bay Olympic Tri, High Cliff 1/2 IM, Lakefront Marathon

Weight Loss: I'm an eater and have a fast metabolism! Yeah.....Really no weight loss, maybe 5 lbs and ab definition. Looking into further knowledge on proper nutrition for training. Carbs and Protein baby!

2007-01-09 10:53 PM

New user

Name: ANGELFIRE/ Angela

Story: I have a moderate sports background. I was involved in swimming my whole life but not in competition. I was a lifeguard throughout high school. I also participated in cheerleading, track, and volleyball in H.S. I ran a few miles a week in college and was a step aerobic junkie for quite sometime in my mid-twenties. I even instructed a circuit training class about five years back. Today I just don't look or feel like I did anything even remotely active. I am an overextended, overtired, overweight, mom of 3 children under the age of 6.
What I do know is that I am motivated by challenge. I will put off taking care of myself for any number of reasons until a day at a time turns into years. So I have just decided to do something I have always been completely in awe of...triathlons!! The weightloss and improved health will be the natural outflow of training. I needed a goal that was bigger than just "I want to be a size whatever" or vague however well intentioned health goals. I am competative at the core and I need to acomplish this for ME! I have looked at all the groups and what impressed me most about this one (besides your outstanding accomplishments is that the group as a whole is comprised of other people who are starting from scratch- earnestly seeking to fulfill this dream but in need of guidance and accountability. I want to be a part of a group that I can rejoice with each step of the way!

Family Status: Married w/ children

Current Training: I am starting the 16 week from the couch approach. I also ordered a copy of Triathloning for Ordinary Mortals.

Previous Races: Rat Race (podium winner)...LOL!

2007 Races: May 26th Tri (sprint)

Weightloss: I need to lose about 50-60 lbs...but I am not going to focus on the weight I want to focus on the race...the weightloss will be a natural side effect of the training and nutrition changes needed to compete.

Thanks for you consideration of my request to join your group...I'd be grateful for the experience that you would bring to my training!

2007-01-09 11:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Norcross, GA

Name: brilliantjoy(Kyung)

Story: I wouldn't say that I was always an active person.  In my senior year in college, I decided to take a jogging class for fun.  It was one of the hardest classes I'd ever taken.  After college, I kept up with running but never ran past 2 miles.  After a while, I increased the distance to 3, then to 5.  I ran in a couple of 5Ks but really didn't have a goal to train for anything.  I was also a regular at the gym often taking spinning classes and started swimming.  Then one day it hit me that I could do a triathlon if I was able to run, bike and swim.  Last year, I trained for my first triathlon with Team In Training.  I did St. Anthony's Olympic with them.  I had a great training experience and after my first race, I was hooked.  This year, I'm looking forward to improving my time and going a longer distance.  I would also like to have a set training plan.  I'm pretty bad about sticking to a plan right now.  It would be great to have a mentor like you with more experiences and a great attitude!  I have a lot to learn. 

Family Status: single/ 33 yoa

Current Training: I am currently trying to train for my first marathon in March.  I'm having a hard time knowing what plan to use since I would still like to keep up with biking and swimming in addition to doing a lot of running.   

Previous Races: 3 Olys, 1 sprint- had a great first season and looking to improve and doing my first marathon and 1/2 IM. 

2007 Races: St. Anthony's Oly in April, 1 sprint in May, another Oly then an half IM?

Weightloss: Currently, I'm trying to lose 7 or so extra pounds that I gained after my last triathlon of the season.  I would like to lose mroe body fat weight to be able to train/race better. 

Thanks!

2007-01-10 12:58 PM

New user

Hello!

I have read your profile and the postings of several members and would love to join in on the group.

Story: I have held an interest in triathlon ever since the early 1980's when my boyfriend at the time competed in them regularly. Even though I had been a competitive swimmer in high school and was a fairly good shape, I never attempted one then since they were all at least 'Olympic' distance and I couldn't run past 6-7 kms (3-4miles). Fast forward 20 years, 2 children and 40 lbs heavier, I joined a running group that had a full marathon as its lofty goal. In 2004, I completed my first marathon (I have now completed 3). In 2005, I finally did my first triathlon (a try a tri) and then my first sprint triathlon. Running went from being my mortal weakness to being one of my strengths (even though I am still deathly slow). Swimming is still my fastest element, while cycling is my worst. I need to work on cycling training much more than I have been thus far. In joining the group, I also look forward to some comraderie that I feel I haven't had in my 2 years of triathlon training. None of my running mates have been interested or able to join me to take part in triathlons, and I have found it to be somewhat of a lonely journey at times.

Marital status: married with 2 girls (almost 7 and 5 - each completed one kiddie tri and one kiddie duathlon last year)

Current training: My running has been on hiatus since completing a half-marathon in the fall as I've been trying to nurse some chronic knee tightness (not runner's knee but similar). I've only just begun to use the indoor bike trainer that I received for Xmas (3xwk for about 40 mins).

Races in 2006: 30k running race (spring), full marathon (spring), half-marathon (fall), 1 try a tri, 1 sprint duathlon (supposed to be a tri but changed on race day due to high ecoli in the water).

Goals for 2007: probably no marathons, but likely 2 halfs (spring, fall), at least 3 triathlons (2 sprints and, hopefully, 1 Olympic). Other goals are to lose 20 lbs by mid-summer and to really work on strength and core training to avoid injury.

I look forward to hearing from you and working together so that we can all reach our goals.
Thanks,

Kathy
2007-01-10 4:19 PM

Hello all! I'm excited for what 2007 could bring! I'm new to triathlons, but have done several marathons, 1/2 marathons. I'd like to join the group and get some perspective, insight, and motivation to jump into triathlons. Here's my background:

Name: Rocko954 (Chris)

Story: I've always been an active person. I played varsity sports in high school, club teams in college, and then played in pick-up leagues ever since. I've enjoyed running over the years, but am ready to add a new challenge with swimming and biking.

Family: Single, one dog.

Current Training: Mainly running. Starting to bike and swim more. Working on form in the water. 4-5 days a week. 2 days usually for weight lifting.

Previous Races: 2004 Disney Marathon, 2004-2005-2006 OUC Half Marathon, 2005-2006 Miami Half Marathon, 2005-2006 Gasparilla Half Marathon.

2007 Races: Miami Half Marathon, Gasparilla Half Marathon, Florida Half Ironman (Motivated!)

Weight: I am at 220 and would like to get as close to 200 as possible (it's been awhile since I was at that weight).
2007-01-10 10:16 PM

Hi! Alta here. Thanks to all of you who have joined in this group! Welcome!!! You all have great goals and 2007 is looking great. We're going to learn a lot from one another as we work through our training plans. Some of us have races soon...as early as late January, February and early March. Let's keep one another motivated & geared up...we'll edge out that competition and give them a reason to work...

I am still in the process to get back with a few postings and plan to reply to you on a personal basis on Thursday. In the meantime, please send a posting or a PM with any questions and how your training is going so far this week!!!

Stay focused and have fun!

2007-01-11 1:04 AM

I am also new to tris. I am 54 years old and have been a jogger off and on since college. I have been a regular at the gym for the last 6 years every morning 5-6 days a week. I have participated in numerous classes from yoga to intense core training. I have participated in 5k six or eight times in my lifetime. I finished one 10 many years ago and last year I followed Marathons for Mortals run-walk program finishing the Avenue of the Giants Marathon in 6:45. I really liked the training regime and decided to work toward a triathlon this year.

While I like excercise and have no problem completing programs I have a weight problem. I am 6'1" (female) and 245 lbs. I would love to lose weight so that I could run faster/more efficiently. I really like running. Many times I envision someone running with a fifty pound bag of dog food. That is what I feel like, especially going up hills. I have found excercise much easier to make a committment to than weightloss.

I will try to make small nutritive changes as I work through the 20 week triathlon program. I generally eat good foods, just way too much.

After reading through some of the other posts and yours I think I could fit in with this group. I have committed to the Gold Nugget Triathlon on May 20 and started my program on Monday.

Look forward to your wisdom...
Patty
2007-01-11 12:53 PM

New user

I hope that you are still open to having another

Bit about myself:

35 y.o. male. been athletic all my life. Ran track, country in high school. Swam in high school. Road biked as well. Just never all together Have kept up with biking and running since but only haphazard at best. Was blessed with a high metabolic rate but now age is catching up. Seems that I need to put in double the work to just maintain. Stumbled onto this site and got reinvigorated.

Mainly trying to get back into "racing shape" i.e. sub 8 minute miler for greater than 5 miles, 20 mph biker for greater than 20 miles, and just survive long swims. Devote about 1-1.5 hours a day to training 5-6 days week . Trying to break through and make greater progress this year. Need advice about maintaining a lean body fat. Was able to get down to 135 last year but now bounced back up to 145 (5' 8").

Thanks a bunch. Looking forward to the group.
2007-01-11 1:27 PM
in reply to: #646324

Subject: Thursday Training Update
Hey Everyone! What's on your training plan today? Keep up the momentum! Here, I did 90 min of cycling (aerobic) and 60 min of running (also aerobic.) Will try to get a swim in tonight (drills & tempo.) If not, there's Friday morning...Let us know what's going on with you!!!

Edited by alta1110 2007-01-11 1:39 PM
2007-01-11 1:47 PM
in reply to: #650902

User image

Grafton, WI
"Trying to break through and make greater progress this year. Need advice about maintaining a lean body fat. Was able to get down to 135 last year but now bounced back up to 145"

Holy man! 135 for 5'8"? How much muscle do you have? I'm 5'9 and 143, albeit a female. I got down to 135 at one point, but was I scrawny. Your body is set for a certain weight, so you might not be able to stay at 135 as your body is telling you something. My advice for your lean muscle tissue, is get into the weight room and don't go on your weight, go on how you feel. I would think for a guy 145 is a very reasonable weight for your height. Have you tried any body fat analysis? On a different note, I like your goals, I'm looking at very similar goals...sounds like a challenge to me!

I am doing my last run tonight before my half marathon this weekend. Last night I went out with a friend and after my torturous run last sunday where at mile 5 on an out and back route my body decided to get the stomache bug, it went fairly well. Since my friend is about 3 minutes short of my goal time for my race pace, it was real easy and methodical. Rock and Roll Phoenix here I come!! Picked out my training plan last night for my 1/2 IM. Since i have been focusing on running, I'm really far behind in the swim and bike. I'll have to turn that on when I recover....any suggestions anyone?
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Alta's Group - FULL Rss Feed  

of 11