General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Loisville training....how goes it? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-01-20 3:30 PM
in reply to: #645522

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
Subject: RE: IM Loisville training....how goes it?
I emailed the folks from IMKY asking about when the race course would be final... they responded with "sometime in mid February."

Not exactly sure what the hold up is, but if I hear any more rumors on the course, I'll keep ya'll updated! Hope everyone's training is going well!

2007-01-21 12:38 AM

User image

Veteran
Earth
I dont start my official training for a while. I have just been trying to stay consistent with my workouts and focus a lot on form. Actually looking forward to a more structured plan, but so far I feel great and am happy with my progress so far.
2007-01-23 12:49 PM

User image

Veteran
NYC
Doing 14/ish hours a week now.

When do you have to get your hotel for an Ironman? Will it sell out quickly, should I book somewhere soon? Haven't even thought about that yet, but TriSean's post about the camp made me think...

Edited by TacomaLuv 2007-01-23 12:49 PM
2007-01-23 1:26 PM
in reply to: #664982

User image

Expert
Chesapeake, VA
I have already reserved my room at the Galt house.  I would imagine that they will book soon, at least at the hotels listed on the Louisville site.  I also am pretty anal and wanted to make sure I was in the host hotel right away.
2007-01-23 2:40 PM
in reply to: #664982

User image

Veteran

TacomaLuv - 2007-01-23 12:49 PM Doing 14/ish hours a week now. When do you have to get your hotel for an Ironman? Will it sell out quickly, should I book somewhere soon? Haven't even thought about that yet, but TriSean's post about the camp made me think...

I would really think about getting your hotel now...or within the next couple of weeks.  I found out the hard way about this when I tried to book a room for my Half Marathon.....there was NOTHING close to the race venue and most places booked a few days after registration opened. 

Just a FYI.

Edited by joerigg 2007-01-23 2:40 PM
2007-01-23 8:30 PM

User image

Veteran
Golden, CO
There are a ton of hotels in Louisville, but the big ones downtown are The Galt House, The Hyatt, The Brown Hotel, The Seelbach (Hilton), and the Marriott. They may be a little on the pricey end, but you'll be within walking distance to the transition and finish areas.

There are many other hotels in the surrounding area that are a 15-20 minute ride (max). If there is a convention or something special going on at the fairgrounds that weekend, hotel space near downtown could become pretty scarce. Better to get something booked in advance and if you have any questions on hotels, etc... just PM me. I'm happy to help!

2007-01-23 8:31 PM

User image

Veteran
NYC
Thanks for the info... wow, that sells out quickly. I'll call and book somewhere (probably Galt house) tomorrow!

Guess it is a four night stay (Thurs-Sunday?). Maybe will do five nights to have a day to see Louisville as well. $he$h, thi$ Ironman madne$$ i$ really adding up!

Joe, nice Ironman blog Mind if I like to you? I was looking for some other IMLOU bloggers.
2007-01-24 9:56 AM
in reply to: #665707

User image

Veteran

TacomaLuv - 2007-01-23 8:31 PM Thanks for the info... wow, that sells out quickly. I'll call and book somewhere (probably Galt house) tomorrow! Guess it is a four night stay (Thurs-Sunday?). Maybe will do five nights to have a day to see Louisville as well. $he$h, thi$ Ironman madne$$ i$ really adding up! Joe, nice Ironman blog Mind if I like to you? I was looking for some other IMLOU bloggers.

I plan on getting to Louisville on Thursday and leaving Monday.  I actually got a hotel with a full kitchen so I can keep my diet somewhat consistent when I arrive.  The hotel is a 5 minute drive from the start which is an added plus.  And yes...the Ironman madnedd does add up...I just gave up keep track of all the $$$ I have spent so far. 

yea.....if you want to link to my site please do!!  I will do the same and check in and to see how things are rocking for you.

Joe

2007-01-24 12:24 PM

what is the name of the name of the hotel where you are staying. I am looking for a nice hotel that is not terribly expensive. thanks Dave
2007-01-24 12:31 PM
in reply to: #666410

User image

Veteran

davetri1970 - 2007-01-24 12:24 PM what is the name of the name of the hotel where you are staying. I am looking for a nice hotel that is not terribly expensive. thanks Dave

Who are you directing your question too?  If me I can pull up the info for you.....

2007-01-24 12:49 PM

User image

Veteran

From my original post...

"I just made my reservations at the Residence Inn by Marriott-Louisville. It was only a 5 min drive, 20 min walk, to the start/finish plus it has a full kitchen. Paid a little more but with the kitchen I could eat my "normal" food and save some $$$ by not eating out. Here is the info in case you all need it.

333 E Market St, Louisville, KY
(502) 589-8998"

2007-01-25 8:51 AM

User image

Veteran
NYC
Okay, so Thursday through Monday it is.

Now another question about the hotels... I'm assuming most of you are bringing a support crew of some kind, family, significant other, man servant, what have you.

Are you having them also come all five nights?

I'm sure my boyfriend WOULD come the entire time if I asked him, but it seems stupid to ask someone with limited vacation time to waste a large chunk of it just to hang around with me for all five nights.... so how much of the time should I ask him to come down for? Maybe Sat through Monday?

Also, this is silly, but what do you *do* the entire time before the race- I mean, does it really take that long that you need to get there Thursday?

I'm imagining it looking like this:
Thurs: get there, go get bike from the shop
Friday: register
Sat: go to expo, check out course?
Sun: RACE
Mon: explore Louisville .... will I be able to walk? after marathons I am always ready to go have fun after an ice bath, I'd like the be kicking it around town having a great time, beer and BBQ (or whatever local food is the flavor!) in hand, is this feasible?
Tuesday: leave
2007-01-25 9:14 AM
in reply to: #667316

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IM Loisville training....how goes it? Rss Feed  

of 2