BT Development Mentor Program Archives » hblackmon's Group - FULL! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2007-04-03 7:15 AM
in reply to: #646360

Subject: RE: hblackmon's Group - FULL!
What's everyone doing?  Undoubtedly, many of you are racing already.  Entry forms are finally beginning to post on line for my events.  I got the first two sent off.  A mini-Tri on April 29th and a sprint on June 9.  For some reason I felt nervous mailing off my registrations.

2007-04-03 9:21 AM
in reply to: #746730

User image

Expert
Marietta, GA

Danielle Miles - 2007-04-03 8:15 AM I got the first two sent off.  A mini-Tri on April 29th and a sprint on June 9.  For some reason I felt nervous mailing off my registrations.

Ah - now you're committed - congratulations! Sending off those forms means you actually have to race now, that's probably why you were nervous. You're going to do great and have lots of fun!

2007-04-17 11:50 AM

User image

Expert
Marietta, GA
We're halfway through April - how is everyone doing? The tri season officially starts for me in less than 2 weeks now - yeah!
2007-05-28 11:43 PM
in reply to: #764841

Illinois
Are we still posting here? I have finally gotten back to the computer. Spring, kids, school ending, holidays, etc. Posting is sometimes difficult. However, regardless of that, I am still running and working out like a good girl. Not always as much, but did register for a half marathon in January 2--8 already. Seems a long way off but really only six months and one week. Lots to train. completed three races this spring so far and a few for the summer registration. Still contemplating the triath.
Well Hope all is well!
2007-05-29 6:31 AM

Hi Jesika, Great to hear from you.  Logging fell off for everyone quite some time ago.  For me it seemed to be an added stress when I had so much else going on.  My daughter is getting married in 3 weeks and I am swamped but am still training as able.  I am maintaining 1000 yard fitness swimming, can run 6 miles right now but am not really at that fitness level as Iam having joint difficulty in the 6th mile.  I just got new tires on my bike and have only had it out for a trial run.  I have done so far a 5k, a mini sprint tri and yesterday my 4yr old Grandson and I ran a mile together in a local charity run.  My first sprint tri is June 9. I can't wait.  I really want to enter the 1/2 marathon at the end of September but am afraid I won't be able to get my joints to cooperate that soon.  at least the 10k then, we'll see by the regestration deadline.  I hope all is well for you and to all who log on and read, Have a great race season.

Danielle

2007-05-29 12:26 PM

Hi Danielle & Jessika,

I'm still around and I try to log my miles when I can. Please do keep up the work, though, because you are the select few that will climb to the top!

Quite honestly, I have not been sticking to my program for the last month. Up to that point, I was good, but came May and I was hospitalized for 2 weeks for health complications. I had an emergency surgery that also limits my exercise abilities. The doctor has ordered lots of R&R -- and running is NOT one of those "R's"!

I look forward to doing the MS Walk in September as my first step to recovery. I hope to run a race by early Spring 2008.

Keep up the nice work, ladies!

Sincerely,
Jennifer

2007-05-29 5:58 PM

Jennifer, Sorry to here you've had set backs but am glad to hear that you are still keeping goals in mind.  You have a great attitude.   Get well soon and keep in touch with us out here who need a little shove now and then.

Danielle 

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » hblackmon's Group - FULL! Rss Feed  

of 5