BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Atl_runner's group - full for now. Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 15

2007-05-17 2:32 PM

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
Subject: Atl_runner's group - full for now.

We're full for now. But feel free to post. This is not a closed community. 

NAME: My username is Atl_runner, I live in Atlanta Georgia. My real name is Ron.

STORY: I am a runner who began to compete in triathlons and log on BT, two years ago right now. I have made tremendous progress and now finish regularly in the top 25 percent of all my races. I am a former running coach for a large group, and am now, a USAT Level 1 certified Coach. I tend to push my athletes to show them what they are truly capeable of, but also allow them to push back when they feel the need. My target group is beginners who want to do more than just finish a triathlon. I am looking for BT'ers who want, and like to challenge themselves, within the bounds of injury free training. Triathlon is a lifestyle, not just a passing fancy. Come on board and we'll do this thing together. Bring along a good sense of humor, and a strong desire to become a proud Triathlete. 

FAMILY STATUS: Married, with two very young girls. Future Triathletes? Maybe.  

CURRENT TRAINING: My current training is focused toward Ironman Wisconsin in September of 2007. I have recently completed St. Anthony's Olympic, and the Gulf Coast Half Ironman. I set pr's in both. 2:27, and 5:20 respectively.
LAST YEAR'S RACES: Last season consisted of mainly sprints and olympics. I learned more last season about athletics, running, and triathlon, then in all the years prior that I have done this.
2007 RACES:  This years races essentially train me up through Ironman Wisconsin. You can see the full race list on my BT blog.

WEIGHTLOSS: Last year, I went from 180 to 158. I credit that to the cross training lifestyle of a triathlete, and a reduced caloric intake. I still enjoy the occasional blizzard. I currently race at 165, but consider my optimal racing weight to be 155 to 160.

I look forward to Mentoring you along your journey toward your first, or your path toward improving, in your next triathlon.

Edited by atl_runner 2007-06-13 9:51 AM

2007-05-17 6:14 PM
in reply to: #805274

User image

Master
Subject: RE: atl_runner's group open

Can I join?

NAME: Jonathan and I rent bed space in Alpharetta GA. 
STORY: Former college runner.  Took a few years (about 13 or so) off to build a career, build a family and play golf - lots of it.  In Nov last year, I got back into cycling and by Christmas I was back running and swimming.
FAMILY STATUS: Married, with two not so young girls. They are 6 and 7 going on 16 and 17. 
CURRENT TRAINING: My current training is trying to overtrain as much as possible.  Seriously, I am following two plans in parrallel: The Oly Plan for swimming and biking and Hal Higdon's marathon plan (Chicago this year!).
LAST YEAR'S RACES: None.  First sprint was beginning of May. 
2007 RACES:  10K in May, Oly in June, 10K in July, Oly in July, Sprint in Sept, Marathon in Oct
WEIGHTLOSS: At the end of 04, I weighed 190 lbs, my heaviest ever.  Fun Killer and I did body for life and I got down to 165 (a much better weight for me).  By Nov 06, I was back up to 180 lbs.  Not good.  Since I got back into endurance training, I hover right around 170 which I am very happy with.  I physically look the best I've ever looked.  I pass by mirrors and can't help but say "Damn, you look good". 
2007-05-18 8:10 AM

User image

Master
Atlanta, Ga
Subject: RE: atl_runner's group open
Definitely, you're in. I'll add you to my blog list as well. Can you add your list of 2007 races to this thread? Also, indicate what you are looking to make your 'A' race of the year, the one you want to do best at. I have run Chicago 2x, and can answer lots of questions regarding that if you have them.

Edited by atl_runner 2007-05-18 8:10 AM
2007-05-18 9:48 AM

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Atl_runner's group - OPEN

Races:

• Celebrate America 10K - May 28
  • Tri the Parks Triathlon Race Series, Richard B. Russell State Park - June 2
  • Peachtree Road Race – Atlanta – July 4
  • Chattanooga Waterfront Oly - July 15
  • TRI Peachtree City Sprint Triathlon – Peachtree City – August 26
  • Chicago Marathon – Chicago – October 7
  • The Chicago Mary is probably my A race.  I'm following Hal Higdon's plan for that.  Otherwise, I'm following the Oly plan from here which takes me to the Russell State Park Oly.  After that race, I start the Oly plan over which takes me to the PTC Sprint. 

2007-05-18 10:02 AM

User image

Expert

I'll toss my hat in the ring too!

Name: TriForrestTri / Ben

Story: This is my 3rd full season doing triathlons.  I actually got started when a co-worker wanted someone to do an adventure race.  I've always been fairly good at endurance sports (track and cycling in high school) and it sounded like alot of fun.  So, my co-worker who had already completed several Iron distance triathlons thought it'd be good to incorporate a couple tri's into our plan.  I was an absolutely awful swimmer but I ended up liking the triathlons as much or more than the adventure race.  So I've done alot of work on my swim and am finally able to hold a competitive pace.

Family: Married w/ 2 cats 

Current Training:  I just finished my first HIM in St. Croix a couple weeks ago and that was "the" race for my season.  I'm planning a sprint, an oly and another HIM in that order, so I'm currently focusing a little more on speed and strength with a little help from Joe Friel's "Triathlete Training Bible."

2007 Races: St. Croix HIM (done), 5430 Sprint 6/17, Boulder Peak Oly (7/?), 5430 Long Course (8/?) and anything else I can afford to do.

What I Want and What I'll Contribute:  I really think these groups can and should be a 2-way street, so I'm really hoping that everyone here will hold my feet to the fire when it comes to turning up the intensity of my workouts.  And I could use any training tips/suggestions along the way.  On the flip side, I've made a bunch of mistakes and learned from them, so I'd be happy to share what I've learned along the way too.  Beyond that, I'm just here to have fun and train so I can justify eating more

Edited by TriForrestTri 2007-05-18 10:04 AM
    2007-05-18 10:10 AM

User image

Master
    Atlanta, Ga

excellent, and I am in full agreement about these groups. I don't know all, and very much welcome a two way street. I do have quite a bit of experience working with lots of different types of people in terms of experience and ability. So far, it sounds like we have some members who definitely want to challenge themselves, and I very much appreciate that. I too will want my feet held to the fire when it comes time to up my intensity. After a little recovery period following the Gulf Coast Triathlon, I already feel a little guilty about not training as much. That all changes as of this weekend though. Time to ramp up for Rock N Roll man in two weeks.

Ok, we have two..

2007-05-18 2:41 PM

Regular
    I would like to join if that's okay. I'm a complete beginner in this sport and sports in general. I started exercising on a more regular basis at the beginning of this year. My exercise routine consisted of mostly running and a little strength training. Two months ago, I decided to do a little swimming at the gym for a change and realized that I can't really swim!

I started taking swimming lessons and have gotten a little better. I signed up for the Carpinteria Triathlon in Sept to give myself a goal and motivate me to continue this effort. I was also considering fitting a 1/2 marathon at san diego in aug since I have been jogging more.
    Not sure if i'm trying to do too much but I figure it doesn't hurt to try, right?

Unfortunately, I'm currently putting my workout on hold and recovering from a car accident. My plan is to start with some swimming and yoga first and get back into cycling and running as my knee get better.
    2007-05-18 2:54 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    London
    Room for one more in here? If so, I'm up for it!

My bit for your consideration (feels like a bl00dy job interview!) lol

NAME: Graycat / Tim

STORY: I've been active in most things but always seem to gravitate back to my chair unfortunately. Then last year I supported my younger brother at the London Triathlon where he did his first triathlon and not to do things by half it was an Oly! Whilst there I was thinking to myself "I could do this you know. Sure it'd be tough, but I can do anything" and promptly signed up as soon as they open registration! So now there's my brother in the first wave, me in the second and my mate Craig (very experienced triathlete) in the third wave for the Oly on August 5th! It's going to be wicked

FAMILY STATUS: very much single though almost married to my job

CURRENT TRAINING: I'm all about the London Olympic on August 5th this year - that's my "A" race. I've also got a half marathon a month or so afterwards just for another challenge

THIS YEAR'S RACES: So far I've done my first sprint at the start of this month and was due to do another one last week but got ill and couldn't train I'm toying with doing a 400m / 20M / 5M sprint between now and August, time permitting.

WEIGHTLOSS: This along with the challenge is one of the reasons I'm training. I've always been "stocky" but over the last few years that's turned from rugby stocky to doesn't-look-pretty-naked stocky so I'm going to changed that with a little help from my friends as the song goes. I'm currently about 13.5 st (189lbs) and want to loose a stone by August at least. I've got a sports coach / friend who's helping me with that and Craig's a tri coach too so is helping me with the training

What I Want and What I'll Contribute: I definitely agree that this should be a two (or more) way support street. I'm after a group that will push me to train hard but sensibly, rag me if I'm slack but understand if things happen not to plan. In return I'll do just about the same to you all I'll be asking plenty of random questions (why won't these cleats go on my shoes right?!) but will answer and offer opinions where I can.

For me the next three to four months are all about pushing both physically and mentally at home, at work and at play .... and by the sounds of it that's just what this group is about too!
    2007-05-18 2:57 PM

User image

Master
    Atlanta, Ga
    Welcome triornot. It's great to have you in this group. It will be interesting to see where things go for you. I'm sorry about the accident, but I can tell you that I have been there before. Had a nasty broken arm that after a surgury, I was actually able to run with.. in a sling and all. Looked ridiculous, but we do what we have to do. Knees though.. they are much more important to running, so anyway, tell us more about where you are at in your trianing.. what has fallen off, how far off are you from being able to re-start? Is there therapy involved? As much detail as possible. That way, the best reccommendations are made.

Edited by atl_runner 2007-05-18 2:59 PM
    2007-05-18 3:12 PM

User image

Master
    Atlanta, Ga
    Greycat, this does sound like the right group for you. I was where you are.. actually, my top weight was 206 lbs. Now I'm 165. Hard to believe. The crosstraining lifestyle is definitely conducive to weight loss, but not that alone. Reduce your caloric intake at that same time. Eat wise.. not right.. just wise. I like a good steak, and truly believe those help in the recovery process. We will all be pushing each other when we get slack, and I can throw some other folks in there as well to help keep you motivated. Yes, some people are genetically gifted, for the rest of us, it's all about hard work. That's what this group is about. You will be prepared on race day. Ask all the questions you want. There is never a dumb question, and you can never ask too many. We'll kick this group off soon.. a few more people and we are under way. 
    On a side note.. I was also in the Marine Corps.. soooo. we should have some fun here.
    2007-05-18 4:25 PM

User image

Elite
    In The Peleton

I'd like to get in on this group!

Name: Peter

Story: Been relatively active my whole life but have only become competitive in sports in general since I started racing cars (autocrossing) in my mid 20s.  I'll be 32 in July.  This is my third year of tris and I love this stuff!  I'm generally a MOP'er and while I'm content with that I want to see just how far/fast I can go.  Did my first tri in May 2005, the mountain bike sprint at Wildflower.  Did one more sprint that summer.  In '06 did an 8k, the Olympic at Wildflower, a sprint, and another Oly, and capped off the season with a half ironman that my girlfriend talked me into.  Crossed the finish line swearing up and down that there is no good reason to do a full IM.  A few days later after a couple beers I decided it might be cool to finish a full Ironman.  Went to IMWI to cheer on some friends, and just couldn't help myself--I signed up for '07, and talked my girlfriend into doing it too!

Running is by far the hardest of the three sports for me but I have been making progress with the help of a coach who is helping me prep for IMWI.  Until January 2006 my longest run ever was about 4 miles.  I've been in the water all my life, though without much formal training and most of the time on a waterski or wakeboard behind a boat!  Plenty of miles mountain biking single track over the last ten years but didn't really do any significant road riding until last year.

I'm a mortgage broker and landlord, former attorney, and have entrepreneurial tendencies.

Family Status:  Girlfriend of 2.5 years

Current training:  Focus on IMWI.

Last year's races:  See above

2007 Races:

3/31 Trailbreaker 1/2 mary 2:01:04
    4/28 Crazylegs 8k 41:02
    5/6 Wildflower Oly 2:59:01
    5/20 Tour de Cure (100k bike tour)
    6/3 Lake Mills Sprint
    6/9 Elkhart Oly R
    6/16 Horribly Hilly R
    7/22 Racine HIM R
    8/18 Waupaca Sprint
    9/9 Ironman Wisconsin R
    9/10 Sleeeeeeeep ZZZZzzzz

These days my favorite place in the world is the finish chute of a triathlon. 

I'm part of the Donkey Planet, a group of BT'ers with no particular purpose other than having fun, and some of us in southeast Wisconsin get together for some training and beers.

My blog has all my workout info and a bit of personal stuff too.  Feedback is welcome.  Excited for another fun season of tris and training!

2007-05-18 5:45 PM

User image

Expert
    In limbo

Is there room for one more in here?

NAME: Lacey

STORY: I was pretty active growing up but then hit my teens and became a 100% couch potato.  Last fall I heard about this "couch to 5k" program thing and thought hey that'd be cool.  Googled it and ended up here.....now starting to get interested in the triathlon thing.  Ironically, now my shins are giving me all sorts of injury trouble so my working out for the time being is nearly all swimming and biking.  I'm loving it though....I've actually gotten myself to the point where I enjoy working out and I miss it when I don't get to.  This is a HUGE change for me, and I want to make sure I keep with it. 

FAMILY STATUS: Very very single!

CURRENT TRAINING: Lots of swimming and biking....hoping to get my swim fast enough to join a masters team. 
    LAST YEAR'S RACES: Nada....never raced before.  Did my first race ever (a 2 mile run) May 5th.
    2007 RACES:  Would like to do a late summer sprint-tri.....looking at a couple of potential ones in August, and a couple of 5k's during the summer, but that all depends on the shins....

WEIGHTLOSS: Coming in I didn't think of this in terms of weight loss so much as just wanting to build endurance in general and feel healthier.  I decided I was going to focus on exercise and deal with dieting later since I'm a junk food addict.  The more I worked out the more I realized that junk food wasn't doing it for me anymore so I've been focusing on healthy eating, and that lead me to start paying attention to my weight.  At first any loss was slow and frustrating, but now I've seen some big changes and I'm lovin it!  Have dropped 12 lbs since I started in february. 
    Let me know if this group is full already....not sure on the numbers for a "full" group....or if I'm too much of a beginner for this group since i'm not sure when I'll be able to actually do a race....but if I can join I think it would be a huge help for me to have someone (a group of ppl) behind me and pushing me, since I tend to get frustrated and start feeling like success (especially with running) is "never" going to happen.  Deep down I do believe that my fat, couch potato self can one day become a distance runner/triathlete, but I struggle not to get bogged down in the day to day frustrations of not being able to do as much or as well as I'd like to be able to.   
    2007-05-18 8:09 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Greenwood, SC
    Ron,

I would like to join your group if it is not full! I am a 40 year-old mother of 3 (3,5,7) who works more that full time with a husband who does the same. I come from a running background (high school track and cross country and college cross country). More recently I have been into marathon distances ( 11 total with Bostonx4) and have also done a 4 adventure races. Last year was my first attempt at a triathlon, and I did an Olympic and a half ironman and loved it! I have 3 races planned this year-Festival of Flowers olympic, SC half ironman, and IMFL!

Most of my training is done early a.m. I do a lot of biking on the trainer as it is hard to get it in between work and the kids. I am a slow swimmer, but am a lot stronger than last year. (I think!) I don't yet feel like I have much experience, but the learning is part of the fun right?

Let me know if you are full. And to Graycat, I spent a year at the University of Leeds way back in 1987-88. Had a great time there!

-Kim
    2007-05-18 8:34 PM
    in reply to: #807470

User image

Master
    lil_turtle - 2007-05-18 5:45 PM CURRENT TRAINING: Lots of swimming and biking....hoping to get my swim fast enough to join a masters team.  

I just took my first masters class today.  Assuming the coach is not a bonehead, you are fast enough now.  Just explain to the coach that you will be a little slower than most and he/she should put you in the right lane. Don't feel like you have to do the whole workout.  Heck, you might just start with the warmup, do a few of the laps with the group and then take off. 

As long as you practice good swim ettiqute, most people will be cool about you being there.

2007-05-18 8:41 PM

User image

Master

Kim,

Did you keep running between college and the start of your marathon obsession?

I ran cross country in college.  I tried in high school to play football.  Wide reciever - I could run but had no hand-eye coodination.  My coach used to yell at me and ask when I would run x-country and track (he was the coach for those also).  I said when chicks dig runners LOL.  It wasn't until college when a coach offered me a scholarship that I took up the sport. 

After college, I promptly quit the sport to focus on career, family, me and trying to bulk up.  My running weight was 135 lbs at 6'.  After college I immediatly gained 30 lbs and in the 10 years after that continued until I topped out at 190.  Now I'm back to 166 (just today).  Sometimes I regret that I stopped running but then again I was burnt out. 

I've heard similar stories from other college athletes and just wondered if that applied to you also.

2007-05-18 8:49 PM
    in reply to: #807470

User image

Master
    lil_turtle - 2007-05-18 5:45 PM
    Let me know if this group is full already....not sure on the numbers for a "full" group....or if I'm too much of a beginner for this group since i'm not sure when I'll be able to actually do a race....but if I can join I think it would be a huge help for me to have someone (a group of ppl) behind me and pushing me, since I tend to get frustrated and start feeling like success (especially with running) is "never" going to happen.  Deep down I do believe that my fat, couch potato self can one day become a distance runner/triathlete, but I struggle not to get bogged down in the day to day frustrations of not being able to do as much or as well as I'd like to be able to.   

You should read my wife's blog, Mila's blog, Leslie's blog and Mindy's blog.  All 4 are moms who struggle with the same issues you described.

You WILL finish a triathlon one day.

2007-05-19 5:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Greenwood, SC
    Jonathan,

I have always been running since high school, more or less at times. I didn't start the marathon obsession until I hit 30! I was always too uncoordinated for any other sports, especially anything involving a ball.
    2007-05-19 9:48 AM

User image

Elite
    In The Peleton
    Too funny!  I am bad at "ball sports" too.  When I first started dating my girlfriend I told her this and she was shocked--she's an all around sport-o, basketball, sofball, football, ultimate, etc.  Then we went mountain biking and she couldn't come close to keeping up so we were okay!
    2007-05-19 10:57 AM
    in reply to: #807189

Regular
    atl_runner - 2007-05-18 12:57 PM

Welcome triornot. It's great to have you in this group. It will be interesting to see where things go for you. I'm sorry about the accident, but I can tell you that I have been there before. Had a nasty broken arm that after a surgury, I was actually able to run with.. in a sling and all. Looked ridiculous, but we do what we have to do. Knees though.. they are much more important to running, so anyway, tell us more about where you are at in your trianing.. what has fallen off, how far off are you from being able to re-start? Is there therapy involved? As much detail as possible. That way, the best reccommendations are made.

Fortunately, I came out of the accident with only no major injuries. My knee was swollen and bruised after the accident, but no broken bones. I'm currently going to the chiropractor almost everyday to relieve the muscle soreness I have on my lower back and legs. It has gotten much better already, but I still have problems when I stand or sit for too long. But I think I can probably start some yoga and swimming as early as next week since my open wound on the knee is healing pretty quickly and the knee is not swollen anymore.

In terms of my training before the accident, I had only barely started. I had taken a couple swimming classes at a local pool and learned how to swim a little. I have also finally gotten my bike's tire pumped up and was planning to trying biking to work to get some biking routine in. I was also jogging about 2-3/wk for at least 30 min.

I didn't really have a definite plan in how to train. but I was looking at Hal Higdon's half marathon training plan and this for reference.

I have been using HRM while I train but i use it mainly the log the stats as I am not sure how I would be using it in my training. Any suggestions/advices would be greatly appreciated since I really have no idea what I'm doing. But hey, the fastest way to learn soemething is to just jump in and start doing it right?
    2007-05-19 11:44 AM

All, If there's still room I'd like to join the group.

NAME: My username is daspanglers. Real name is Dave. I live in West Bend, WI

STORY: I grew up playing football, baseball and basketball all my life. I got a scholarship to play football in college, ended up getting hurt so I played rugby instead (don't ask). Everything over a 40 yrd dash has been long distance to me but this January I decided I wanted to do a triathlon. I've completed a mini-tri already and actually enjoyed it. I'd like to continue to compete for the fun of it.

FAMILY STATUS: Married for almost 14 years. I have a 9 year old boy and a 3 year old boy.

CURRENT TRAINING: I've been using the sprint tri training plan found here on BT. Hardest part has been working in the chances to train with my recent work schedule, plus my wife's now working.

WEIGHTLOSS: In January I started @ 230 lbs. I dropped the pounds quickly the first month and 1/2 to 217 lbs. From there the weight loss has been slow but the health benefits have been increased. I've made it down to 211 lbs but now fluctuates between that and 215. I'd like to make it to 200 lbs for the first time since I was a sophomore in high school but I'm not in too much of a rush.
    2007-05-19 12:32 PM
    in reply to: #807598

User image

Expert
    In limbo
    jonathan22 - 2007-05-18 7:34 PM
    lil_turtle - 2007-05-18 5:45 PM CURRENT TRAINING: Lots of swimming and biking....hoping to get my swim fast enough to join a masters team.  

I just took my first masters class today.  Assuming the coach is not a bonehead, you are fast enough now.  Just explain to the coach that you will be a little slower than most and he/she should put you in the right lane. Don't feel like you have to do the whole workout.  Heck, you might just start with the warmup, do a few of the laps with the group and then take off. 

As long as you practice good swim ettiqute, most people will be cool about you being there.

Well, the masters class at my pool has a stated prerequisite of 2:00/100yd.  (I'm at about 2:15 right now).  I spoke to the coach and asked her if there was a way around that, and she basically said that while she didn't want to give me a flat out no, that they are usually pretty limited on lanes and that usually the slowest ppl there are doing about 1:50.  She mentioned a couple of workouts that usually have a smaller showing so I could come try it out, but it sounds like even in the slow lane I'd be very much in the way.  I'm debating still trying one of those just to see.  Once summer comes I may look around at some other pools. 

2007-05-19 7:59 PM

User image

Master
    Atlanta, Ga
    ok, everyone who has requested to join to this point is in. I think I'll close it out for now.

Welcome everyone!!

I will log on tomorrow to post some more information, and to talk to those who I have not chatted with.. also to check your logs.

So.. bottom line is this. If you requested to join, and are above this post, you are in. We will make this an Awesome group.

Group Members:

jonathan22
    TriForrestTri
    Graycat
    PeterAK
    lil_turtle
    kimje
    triornot
    daspanglers

Talk to all of you tomorrow.

Edited by atl_runner 2007-05-20 8:31 PM
    2007-05-20 11:56 AM

User image

Master
    Subject: RE: Atl_runner's group - Full.

lil_turtle,

What really help me was getting a lesson and upping my swims to 3 days per week.  I was probably 2:20 to 2:30 when I first started back in Dec.  As soon as I upped my yardage and got a few tips, boom, I was down to 1:50.

2007-05-20 12:35 PM
    in reply to: #808486

User image

Expert
    In limbo
    jonathan22 - 2007-05-20 10:56 AM

lil_turtle,

What really help me was getting a lesson and upping my swims to 3 days per week.  I was probably 2:20 to 2:30 when I first started back in Dec.  As soon as I upped my yardage and got a few tips, boom, I was down to 1:50.

That was my original plan....get some lessons in first and then try the masters thing....but it turns out my pool has stopped doing lessons of any sort until september!!  Grrrrr  Apparently the aquatics director quit and now everything has pretty much gone to hell w/out her...the only programs they're continuing for now are the masters and the kids swim teams.  This summer I'm going to look for a new pool, but it sucks because I should be able to get super cheap lessons here because I'm a student, but now that's clearly not happening.  For now I'm just hoping i'm not reinforcing any major bad habits.   

2007-05-20 8:28 PM

User image

Master
    Atlanta, Ga

I had a good weekend full of workouts, and yardwork too.. Hope everyone was able to get in what they had planned.

Quick request for everyone, PM me your next race and indicate what your absolute goals are for it. Whether it's 'just to finish', or you want a Podium finish.. even if it's not possible. (I like the attitude though). Also include what a typical workout week looks like by day, time, and distance..

e.g.

Monday. Intervals (running) 10 x 400 meters @ 10k race pace.

or if your workouts are a little more basic:

Monday, run 3 miles.

-----------------------

lil turtle, Welcome, I may have something that can help you with your swimming for now. Also, are you doing swimming drills of any kind?

------------------------

daspanglers,

Welcome. Sounds like you have found something to rekindle the competative spirit of yours. Great job on the weight loss. I like the attitude that you're not in a rush. Really, you shouldn't be. What you have done so far is excellent. Have you considered any longer distances in terms of running, such as a half or full marathon? How are your knees holding up to this point in your training?

------------------------

PeterAK,

Welcome.. we have a lot to talk about. As you know, Wisconsin is on my schedule as well, and it too will be my first. Also, After my first half IM, I swore I would never do another. Last week I got some sweet revenge on the course that nearly ended my Triathlon career.

-------------------------

I'm adding everyone to my blog, and everyone feel free to add me as well. I want this group to be as active as possible. There is enough disparity here that we all should learn a bunch from this group.

There are a few others who I want to talk to as well, and will do that after I learn more about where each of you are right now, and where you want to go from here. I believe that I can help everyone here become a better athlete.  

Alright, let's go!

Edited by atl_runner 2007-05-20 8:48 PM
    New Thread
    BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Atl_runner's group - full for now. Rss Feed  

of 15