General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Interesting twist on people who get pissed at you for biking on the road Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2007-05-23 9:21 PM
in reply to: #813876

User image

Subject: RE: Interesting twist on people who get pissed at you for biking on the road
My theory is that some people are just angry and frustrated with themselves so they take it out on the local cyclist (or nice guy, whichever comes closest).

2007-05-23 10:02 PM
in reply to: #813963

User image

Expert
Carmel
Subject: RE: Interesting twist on people who get pissed at you for biking on the road
Anybody who does something like that to me gets the finger, no questions asked.
2007-05-23 11:46 PM
in reply to: #813876

User image

Extreme Veteran
MN

I know the harley people come in all types but is seems like they don't mind crowding me more than cars do.  Perhaps it's because they look at you just as a bike.

Anyone else get this; guys in pickup trucks that get their manhood insulted when you go faster than they do?  There is a small town by my house that has several stoplights and a 30 mph limit.  Waiting at a light I like to take off as fast as I can and beat cars/trucks across the intersection.  Trucks are pretty easy.  But what I find predicatable (and funny) is when I'm kicking a guy in a pickup's for the start they all react the same way; to floor it so they can "beat me".  Like I'm going to be able to keep up more than a few blocks.  Women don't seem to care.  I can tell the gender by the sound of the engine working. 

2007-05-24 11:47 AM
in reply to: #814496

User image

Elite
Renton, Washington
kproudfoot - 2007-05-24 6:48 PM

ScotinSeattle - 2007-05-23 7:54 PM Oh geez. Having been hit by a car, and hard in 1994 I am obviously so much more wary on the road. In fact it's taken me over 10 years to get back to cycling properly on the road again. I've grown more confident over just the last few months but when I first headed out there I hadn't been on the road a few minutes when some teenagers came whizzing by me honking their horn, whistling, screaming "HEY SEXY SPANDEX LADY" and NEARLY slapping my a$$ that it really made me wonder why I bother. It really upset me (stupidly) but I guess if you cycle on the road it's really something you unfortunately have to deal with. Last night it was the POLICE I had trouble with, no I didn't do anything but seriously they were STALKING ME! He waited for me at a 4 way stop. I must have stood for about 2 minutes waiting for someone to go so I did! MERP!!!! Mistake. He was on me like flies roon sh!te. On his loudspeaker "Lets not forget our right of waaaaaays" Just like that. I really feel your pain.
I would have gotten the car number and called his dept. Sounds like abuse of power.

This was my 1st time riding in this area. After I told a friend about it she said she wasn't surprised. Apparently they have a bit of a reputation on the Island for stopping cyclists for anything and everything. I'm going back again tonight so we'll see. Maybe he'll ticket me for not having my shirt match my bike!?.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Interesting twist on people who get pissed at you for biking on the road Rss Feed  

of 2