BT Development Mentor Program Archives » JeanneRoth's Group - CLOSED! ;o) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 12

2008-02-21 8:10 AM
in reply to: #1225352

User image

Expert
Lake Geneva
Subject: RE: JeanneRoth's Group - CLOSED! ;o)
Hey Everybody!

I am swimming a lot and doing well with it. It really shows me how important it is to be consistient with swimming. I am doing masters and we get in 3000-3300 yards each practice. The first few weeks were really hard, but now its no problem!

However, due to the constant ice storms here in NY I haven't been running. My bike trainer is getting a lot of attention though....

My first race is a duathlon in April. Its an "F1" race. run-bike-run-bike-run and all on mountain bikes! (Yikes!)
The first "real" race is in mid May, an Olympic distance. The swim is always daunting and cold and last year I had to drop out due to hypothermia. So lets cross our fingers that this year it won't be 50 and rainy with the 60 degree water the warmest part of the day! (eye roll)

My friend qualified for Boston and a TIMEX teammate is trying to qualify for the olympic team so I might go to the race and cheer you on SUZY!

We have had record rain here and my basement has flooded twice. All the snow that hit the midwest turned into rain when it moved east.

Lynn- you have to post your results when you do that indoor tri! I cant wait to hear how much faster you have gotten!

Dave? Any updates?

2008-02-21 10:19 AM
in reply to: #821775

User image

Extreme Veteran
West Chicago
Subject: RE: JeanneRoth's Group - CLOSED! ;o)

hi there! - once the hernia surgery(Oct 12) healed i started back in

Good news: - i've been pretty consistant for the last two months  - weight is below 200 again.

Run is improving - even did a 9 miler on monday, and did 3 miles in 28 minutes +change  two days before that- this was unthinkable a year ago

Spending some time on the trainier - probabaly not enough though

Am doing a 4 race indoor series - 2 races down 2 to go - next one is Sunday - the format is interesting as it based on distance covered, so even though i  have been 1st in AG and in top 10 overall after the swim - I have been DFL in bike and run  for AG - MOP for overall  - but i have shown improvement so that is cool - it is a fun series and helps keep the motivation up.

Bad news: Hernia is acting up again - Surgeon told me basically to take some ibuprofen and suck it up - if not better in 2 weeks then come and see him - I have one week left of the regime. I am stressed that I will need it corrected again which would put anything but late season races out of reach

New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » JeanneRoth's Group - CLOSED! ;o) Rss Feed  

of 12