General Discussion Race Reports! » Beaver Creek Snowshoe Adventure Series 10K - Event Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Beaver Creek Snowshoe Adventure Series 10K - Event - Run10k

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Beaver Creek, Colorado
United States
BCSSnowshoe
20F / -7C
Sunny
Total Time = 1h 08m 39s
Overall Rank = 7/300
Age Group = 40-49
Age Group Rank = 1/
Pre-race routine:

Got up early... Since I never did a snowshoe race (or even snowshoed) before... I packed a lot of different types of clothing to attempt to be ready for any potential weather condition.

Woke Sergeant Vik up and drove up to Beaver Creak Early... Atlas Snow-Shoe had demo's and since I didn't own snowshoes, I wanted to be there early enough to guarantee getting a pair of free demos.

Had some coffee, OJ... Bee Pollen... a muffin.
Event warmup:

There was a 100 meter downhill "dash for cash" race before the race. ($100 for first place)... About 15 guys lined up the race... I went out strong with but at about 50 meters I was pretty sure that the guy next me was going to dust me... I tried to surge, but fell flat on my face... I took last place.
Run
  • 1h 08m 30s
  • 6.2 miles
  • 11m 03s  min/mile
Comments:

I ran this course well... I only walked a few of the very steep sections... my descents were fast and furious and completely out of control!
What would you do differently?:

Buy my own snwoshoes... better attire as well

Post race
Warm down:

I was interviewed by the NYC Times... they liked the sweat icicles hanging from my visor... pretty cool... stay tuned for a link to the blurb.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Inexperience... However, i exceeded my expectations

Event comments:

1st place AG...
7th place overall
The only person on The Beaver Creek Snow Shoe team to beat me was Bernie Boettcher, but no one beats Bernie... unless you are world class Xterra triathlete, Seth Wealing, who won overall today...

I was very happy with today's race... I exceeded all of my goals and expectations and beat sponsored snowshoe racers from company's like Atlas... It's not my calling... but it won't be my last snowshoe race either.

Sergeant Vik and RidgeRunner were also out there kicking butt from BT today... The course was BRUTAL - I'll say it again, The course was BRUTA

Profile Album

Last updated: 2007-12-16 12:00 AM
Running
01:08:30 | 06.2 miles | 11m 03s  min/mile
Age Group: 1/
Overall: 7/300
Performance: Good
AVG HR 161
Course: 2000 vertical feet over 6 miles of snow covered trails and single track.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too hard
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? No
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2007-12-16 10:10 PM

User image

Expert
Conifer, Colorado
Subject: Beaver Creek Snowshoe Adventure Series 10K - Event

2007-12-16 11:05 PM
in reply to: #1105456

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Beaver Creek Snowshoe Adventure Series 10K - Event
You were 1st in AG, and YOU NEVER EVEN SNOWSHOED BEFORE??????  Dude, you are AWESOME!  LOL, that's some funny sh*t!  Especially the tumble down the hill. 
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Beaver Creek Snowshoe Adventure Series 10K - Event Rss Feed