BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ken Axford's Group - closed and killin it!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply

of 19

2008-04-19 10:26 AM
in reply to: #1117000

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado Springs, CO
Subject: RE: Ken Axford's Group - closed and killin it!!!
John's propably racing right now...    I hope he is doing well.

2008-04-22 11:01 AM
in reply to: #1348745

User image

Long Beach
OK... I lived through my first tri... YEAH!!!

I filled out my race report. My photos were downloaded last night, just need to clean them up and sort for the one's that look the best. I completed the race in 2:56:48. I thought my times were good, but it is amazing when you see the results and see how many in your age group are faster / stronger then you. Overall it was great. Nothing like the real world event to make your training feel like it was lacking in so many areas. Either way, I can say with my head held high, I AM A TRIATHLETE! What a feeling, DAMN...

Now it is time to take this event and better myself for my next tri on June 8 in Redondo Beach, CA. This will be a sprint distance. So, who's next?

2008-04-24 12:51 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado Springs, CO
awfully quit in here.  Is everyone getting burnt out on tri training or just BT?
2008-04-25 4:38 PM

User image

Veteran
Williamson, GA

Both?? 

I'm here.  I can't say I'm burned out on the training because I have not done that much.

I think the move is stressing me out more than I thought it would and we have not even closed on our new house yet!  That will be next Wednesday.  The "For Sale" sign in front of our house is going up in the next few minutes (literally).  In this crazy market, we are expecting it to sit for a while.  If you guys know anyone in the Atlanta area who is looking for a 3/2 house on about a half an acre, let me know.  LOL

I need to get back into the swing of things, but I'm REALLY struggling with time management.

On a postive note... I'm glad it's Friday and I'm about to head out of the office!

Ken, thanks for checking on us!

John, Congratulations on your first race!  That is awesome!

2008-04-27 9:09 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado Springs, CO

Well troops,  it's time for a new round of mentor groups to begin.  It's pretty obvious that our group has fizzled out and needs some new fresh motivation.  (BT or otherwise)  It has been great getting to know all of you.  I will continue to use Bt for my personal logs and continue to check in on each of you from time to time, so let's not lose touch.  I look forward to seeing each of you reach new goals this year.

For those of you that still want to participate in a mentor group, a new thread has begun that you will see on the main message board.  Read through and jump on the first one that strikes your interest.

so let's clink our glasses and say cheers to a good start of the season, and blessings all around for a healthy and fast 2008.

Ken

2008-04-27 9:16 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado Springs, CO

h

Edited by kenaxford 2008-05-23 11:38 AM

2008-04-27 2:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Williamson, GA

Cheers!!!

I am glad to know you guys and appreciate everyone's encouragement during the first part of 2008!

I know there are exciting things in store for each of us in the near and far-away future

2008-04-28 4:51 AM

User image

Malaysia
Hey guys..

John wow, great race.

Hmm cant believe it's already april. Sorry been away from office for the past week. Finally online again today. I was quite surprised to find this thread missing only to find that it's actually now under archive. I must say it has been great knowing alll of you and i'm very very encouraged and cant wait for my race now. Thanks everyone especially ken for doing this. I'm gonna check the website right after this...

Oh and since i was away i've been skipping my rides and swims again but i've been running everyday. Cant wait to get back on the bike tomorrow because it seems like i'm gonna be stuck here in the office for a while still.
2008-04-28 2:34 PM

User image

Long Beach
Ken,

Thank you for all that you have done for me and your team. I am sure that your coaching will take you far. If anyone wants a reference for you, give them my email and I would be happy to give you one.

I too will update my log as I did before, work is now at a place that is good for me.

Take care all...
2008-04-28 6:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Lake Placid, NY

Ken-

Thanks for everything here on the mentor group. I really value/valued your insight and advice! I will keep monitoring your logs now and again-- and will pop by with an inspire, too.

Happy racing!

Amy 

2008-04-28 11:12 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Colorado Springs, CO
anyone know where Sandi is?  she has been MIA for a week and a half.

2008-05-01 9:29 AM
in reply to: #1368378

User image

Regular
Taos, New Mexico
Hi all!  I'm still here, just nutty trying to catch up w other things.  Tentatively planning on a half-mary this weekend and still planning on my half-IM in Aug.  Been letting the Wyoming wind get to me w my training . Congrats, John!  Just noticed that you finished a tri!  I'll try to do a better job w keeping in touch and w my training!!
New Thread
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Ken Axford's Group - closed and killin it!!! Rss Feed  

of 19